main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Amazing Discoveries. Ensemble Cast. Post Up: Oct. 2!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 23, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Much thanks and tagging:

RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade Hazel

----

Ny's Note: This wonderful ficlet is inspired by Mira's riveting AU. Mission details are as follos:

The primary of Ennor system is a giant blue sun, and a massive red-violet gas planet twice the size of Jupiter holds the position of first orbit around the star. In secondary orbit is Ennor I. Ennor II had the unique path of sharing Ennor I's orbit – each planet set at opposite sides of the sun on the solar year to avoid collision. The societies are a collective/hive consciousness and communicate nonverbally. Ennor I is forward thinking; they have developed verbal language in the last two centuries and also want to enter trading agreements with those beyond their sector borders. Their position near the Neutral Zone and their mineral assets make them attractive. Ennor II is very resistant to this plan and staunchly refuse to embrace the new ways. A prominent leader has been assassinated.

~~

Nearer Than Her Heartbeat

Nyota frowned as she perused the data-file. Jim noticed her expression. The only other give-away to her inner state was the way her right hand clenched the stylus tighter.

They were seated at a table in the ready room. He reached across to clasp her hand.

"I have the utmost confidence in you personally and professionally, and I'm not going to coddle you." He began.

She grinned. "I wouldn't expect that, nor like it in the slightest."

"On the other hand, I am not insensitive to the reasons why you would be leery of joining the landing team. That is why I am offering you the chance to accept or renege, without any negative repercussions or official sanctions or notations in your file."

Nyota met his gaze squarely. It was a fair and also kind overture, and she appreciated it.

"Thank you for that." She said, her tone warm. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I think I can handle it."

He gave a nod of acceptance, his eyes proud.

Her stomach clenched at the thought of the potential of being immersed in a collective consciousness again. She gave a defiant mental shrug.
    She was resolved that she would be able to forestall the threat.

Audrey felt the intransigence and obstinacy of the Ennor II delegation. They barely wanted to listen, let alone reach an agreement or a satisfactory compromise. She could feel the equally formidable resolve of the Ennor I delegation.
    Finally, it was agreed that Ennor II's exports and access to aid would be curtailed, and their space-faring capability curtailed by a blockade, so they couldn't leave and strike out in retaliation against neighboring worlds or systems. Unless and until in good faith, they agreed to the bylaws Ennor I was willing to implement.

She gazed at Nyota, who was acting as mediator/translator. She was so proud of the poise and professionalism Nyota exuded. The early apprehension had quickly faded to a background sussuration, rather like distant surf.

During a break in the proceedings, she texted: "I am so proud of you, and honored to know and work with you!"

Nyota's dark eyes filled with gratitude. Her reply: "Thank you! Our bond is serving as a protection, even more than prior. My sweet love is proving to be a strong fortress."

Audrey smirked at that. The First Officer's empathic stance had telegraphed clearly that no one had better encroach on his lady, in any fashion, by word or gesture.

In addition to Nyota's skills, Jim's forthright, tell-it-straight demeanor was crucial, Audrey reflected. He made it clear by words and otherwise that he would brook no deceit or underhanded maneuvering.

When they were finally alone, and the talks concluded, Nyota sighed deeply. "I feel like I can breathe easily again."

He scooped her up, and she clung fast, her entire length tightly pressed against him.
    They lay entwined, her hair falling around them in a curtain.

"I needed you, oh how I needed you." She breathed.

His kiss sizzled against her throat and up to her lips.

"Yet darling, I was not truly afraid, just on ... edge, braced against something happening. It is such a relief not to have to feel that anymore!!" She continued.

He was nearer than her heartbeat, in her mind and her arms, and that was just how she wanted it.

His eyes held hers with such love that it made her heart flutter ...

"I do love you." She murmured, clinging even tighter. "You loved me back to life, before, when you silenced the crazy clamor of Serillious and filled me with your love and light."

"I was determined to do so again, if the need arose." He answered firmly.

Nyota chuckled. "Don't I know it!" She, like Audrey, had missed none of the silent undertones.

"I would stop at nothing to keep you safe and at my side, ashal-veh." Was his solemn promise, shining across their bond and in his eyes.

+++++

Awww, nummy!

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful as always [face_love] @};-

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love it.
    Ladies are always needed;)

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Much needed love provided by Spock to Nyota especially when she needs it the most.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    SQUEE!! [face_love][face_dancing]

I am stoked that this fic is already producing spin offs. :D

This was great here, seeing Nyota charge the challenge head on. With Spock's support, anything is possible, and the interaction of the whole team was really, truly beautiful to see. [face_love]

=D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ny's Note: Inspired by various elements in JL's diary.

Staying within the Bounds

Nyota was looking at Jim with a "Do something!" expression during a briefing after a rescue of a royal family from iminent danger from a nearby colony world to a safe haven.
    He was astute enough to realize that there were "powers behind the throne" manipulating and maneuvering, perhaps even with a goal to instigating a coup.
    The youngest member of the royal family was a cute youngling about 2 standard years old; he knew that Nyota hated the idea of a child being dragged through such scheming.

"Unless they overtly ask for aid, my hands are tied." Jim answered her silent plea.

She rolled her eyes and glanced at Spock. "Surely, there is a rational recourse."

"Unfortunately, Lieutenant," Spock answered her levelly, "None that fall within the bounds of regulations."

"Oh, don't get started!" She fumed.

McCoy gave Jim an unsympathetic look. "Don't look at me, Jim. I'm with Uhura on this one."

Jim glanced at Audrey,whose eyes were softly sympathetic towards all concerned.

"All I can promise is to monitor the situation for anything iregular via our diplomatic envoy," He told her, "I've looked through the charter for a loophole we could wriggle through." He assayed a lopsided grin. "Believe me, Lieutenant, if there was one, you know me. I'd have plowed through it already."

She gave a grudging chuckle and nodded in agreement with his self-appraisal.

Later...

"I believe you are still unjustly annoyed with me," Spock observed to Nyota later when they were alone.

She glowered and did not avow or deny his statement.

"We will not allow a flagrant injustice to occur." He continued, trying to reassure.

"Really? It seems rather that we are only allowed to intervene once it has, and the innocent have to deal with the consequences of our indifference." She shot back. "The royal family had received death threats so they had to leave. Then the second wife's uncle demanded a paternity test for his pregnant sister. He wants to supplant the primary wife and set up a religiopolitical dictatorship."

"It would appear so."

She sighed in frustration. Their bond was still communicating her displeasure.

"You wish I had found a ... viable solution."

"If anyone could, you were the one for the job." Her tone was now softly proud and regretful.

"I confess I, too, regret I was not able to."

The bond lost the last of its residual prickliness.

She scooted closer. "Darling, I wasn't actually, really blaming you. Just mad about the whole situation, and poor Valin, that cute sweetie pie, caught with his mother and her rival wife in a power struggle." She grinned ruefully, as he clasped her hand. "I really strive for objectivity, but some situations just tug at me!"

"It is part of your Humanity, and your own unique level of empathy." Spock praised.

"Thank you," She smiled, squeezing his hand.

"Nyota." He suggested, releasing her hand and then sliding an arm around her shoulders to draw her close. "We have the balance of the evening to ourselves. Can't we find a more pleasurable --"

She laughed in happy agreement and cut his question off with a fervent kiss.

"Definitely something more, sweet love!!!!"

++++

Woot!!!!!!!!!!

RX_Sith Hazel

Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A difficult situation and love how Uhura and Spock talk about it

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Passionate rendezvous for Nyota and Spock = [face_love]

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehehehe!!! Spock sure knows how to turn Nyota's mood around. ;)

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    A great job showing a tricky situation - and the aftermath. For everything beautiful you see out there, there are bound to be days like this one - and you get through them together. [face_love]