main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unbreakable Love-- Complete, 06/08/17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 10, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart with a usual disclaimer.

Genre: Challenge prompts when applicable. Characters: J/A, S/U.

Starting with Beginnings.

~!

Audrey scowled. She was happy to be working with Nyota again, but she wasn't happy with the holovid her friend Midori Nogura had given her.

"What a load of crap this is!" She fumed, switching off the 'viewer with a snap. "Han and Leia break up and Luke becomes what? The Dali Lama. Might as well spell it llama and be done."

Jim laughed, turning off his 'padd. "Why don't you tell me what you really think?"

"I'm glad this thorny case I'm working on will take my mind off this debacle! Don't let me ever say you remind me of anyone else."

"Sure, love, sure." He smiled. "Are you afraid our auspicious beginning will end up as unpleasantly as theirs did?"

"Hmmmm! I'm not the kind to let the love I've been waiting for and longing to find just stroll nonchalantly out of my life."

"I'm sure it wasn't like that precisely, was it?" His tone was incredulous.

Audrey sighed. "Jim, please don't ask."

"Okay, Audrey, I won't. Are you sure there's nothing I can do to - distract you?"

She laughed, mood lightening. "Well, now that you mention it ... there is a little something something."

He came and sat beside her and took her hands in his. "You've brought something into my life and heart I never thought I'd find, either." He said and kissed her warmly. "Don't worry, there won't be any leaving on my part. I'll fight to keep you, if the need ever arises. And I don't back down from any fight."

+++++

AN: The title comes from a lovely thingy in diva's diary last year. [face_love]

divapilot and RX_Sith like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun with the references to the movies. Audrey is a Luke Mara lover;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I was so, so happy to see a new ficlet thread going from you! And this one really hit the spot, in more ways than one. I could identify with Audrey a hundred percent with her TFA comments, but this:

"You've brought something into my life and heart I never thought I'd find, either." He said and kissed her warmly. "Don't worry, there won't be any leaving on my part. I'll fight to keep you, if the need ever arises. And I don't back down from any fight."

Jim really knew just what to say. [face_love][face_love]

I can't wait to see where these drivels go this year! [face_dancing][:D]

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so sweet! I can totally empathize with Audrey's emotions :p Jim was very sweet to calm her down and distract her and turn it into an opportunity to tell her how much he loves her [face_love]

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad that Audrey and Jim are together and having a great time with each other.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Because. McCoy - rocks. [face_love]

~!

McCoy harumphed over Nyota's secure line. "How's the Panusconi thing coming?"

"Excellent." She grinned. She knew he would be as pleased by events as she. Even more maybe. "How's Dr. Roberts?"

"A better - more cooperative patient than Jim ever was." McCoy groused.

Nyota laughed. "Admit it. You enjoyed pestering him."

McCoy rolled his eyes. "You can think that if you like."

She laughed. "Okay. Irregardless of what you say."

He laughed. "Nyota, has anyone ever told you - you brighten up a person's day?"

She smiled in genuine appreciation. "On occasion, the words vary but ..."

"Take it on good authority - you do." He grinned.

They chatted some more and she signed off.

Her bondmate had left her a note in her 'padd, which she perused on the way to the judicial meeting. "Meet me for lunch please after the morning session. I will want an update on what occurs."

She sent back: "Besides you cannot go a whole day without seeing me." She included a kiss emoticon.

He sent back a reply with raised brows appended. "Did I imply that?"

She chuckled and answered: "You didn't have to, love of my life, light to my soul! It is merely something I felt was safe to conclude."

"Yes, it is a fair and accurate assumption."

+++++++

[face_love] :D

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    He laughed. "Nyota, has anyone ever told you - you light up a person's day?"

McCoy's oftentimes blunt, 'what you see is what you get' personality really made this line all the more special. I could completely see him drawn up short in a conversation and thanking her for her friendship; it just completely clicked with my view of these characters in my mind. Because she so completely does. [face_love]

And can I take a moment to completely adore the fact that Spock would use a raised eyebrow face? Because that was too perfect. Just as, as always, their banter and obvious affection was more than a treat to read. [face_love]

[:D]=D=

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Love McCoy's banter along with Nyota's bond with Spock.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the talk with McCoy about Panusconi. And Spock and his raised brows; perfect

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the friendly banter between Nyota and McCoy!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love this song:

~~~!

Audrey snagged Jim after work and took him to a lovely natural waterfall for a sunset picnic.

The water plashed majestically and caught the setting rays in a myriad colors.

He dug into the thick ham and cheese with alfalfa sprouts on soft lighter than air Hawaiian rolls.

"What's the occasion?" He asked with a smile.

"Do we need one?" Audrey laughed, eating the chocolate cobbler first. Dessert always came first.

"Nope, just wondered."

Anakin and Tahiri and Jaina and Jag had sweet moments near or behind waterfalls, Audrey reflected. She shared this observation.

"I thought we had an agreement about comparisons."

"Only certain ones." She teased.

"Well, then. I hope only that they weren't behind the same waterfall at the same time." Jim rejoined.

They laughed.

"No, seriously. I had to get you alone and away from all interruptions for this bit of news. The trial wrapped up today. Panusconi is disgraced and soon to be incarcerated and that worthless scumdog of a relation of his as well."

"Fantastic!" Jim reached to give her a squeeze. "That is definitely worthy of celebrating. You and Nyota did a splendid job!"

She beamed.

"I knew there was a reason I married you." He said after a slight pause.

"Hey! I am the one who should say that! I had to get behind this ridiculously long line of fangirls."

"Fangirls?" Jim retorted, mock offended. "I'll have you know those were mutual romances."

"Hmm! None of them stood a chance once I came along."

He glanced at her sidelong. "To quote a lady known to work miracles winning her love from the brink of disaster - this is a fact."

++++++

;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    [face_love]it and Jim's snarkiness helps him out of a major conundrum.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the discussion and Jim's fangirls. He had a lot of those during the first five year missions.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    What a sweet moment!! [face_love]

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love the warmth and camaraderie of their banter here. It is spot on still Kirk - and Audrey [face_love] - with the fangirls and the line about comparisons, but there is such a comfortable quality to their relationship that is just beautiful to read about. Married and happy really suits them both well. [face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota was chuckling as Audrey stepped into her office in the Intel section.

"I hope this mission won't take me away from Jim too long." Audrey said by way of greeting.

Nyota smirked, tucking her 'padd away. "That'll just make your reunion all the nicer."

"Hmm! You can talk, your bondmate will be with you on this jaunt of ours."

Nyota smiled. "Yes, I'm the fortunate one. Although this looks to be quite the challenge but - at least we don't have Tarkin undergoing a cucumber facial. Then there's all the earwax --"

"What?!"

Nyota dissolved into peals of laughter. "My niece, Tatiana, wrote this up for creative writing. What if of all things Jar Jar Binks blew up the Death Star earlier than planned?"

"This I have to see!" Audrey exclaimed.

Nyota pulled out her datapadd and opened the file she had been reading when Audrey arrived.

"By all that is not holy, but downright too funny ...." Audrey said and the two of them laughed with unabashed amazement at the frivolity.

++++

[face_rofl] Inspired by a beyond hilarious thing I read earlier. Defies description. 8-}

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jar Jar is the ultimate clutz so why not have him blow up the Death Star by accident and everything else.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jar Jar could have done that.
    And hope they don't be away for a long time. Kirk is quite a ladies-man and Admiral Nogura has seducing friends

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] That is indeed creative writing at its finest. Again, the cross-fandom references are just too much fun to read. :p

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the girl talk and the sharing :D

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lori Ciana smiled at Jim as they made their way to the buffet. "Nogura's told me a lot about you." She enthused. "I'm very happy to finally meet you." Her sapphire blue eyes sparkled.

Jim smiled back. "Thank you. I've heard a lot about you, as well. You're one of the youngest to make it to the higher echelons of the First Contact team. I bet that's a really interesting position. Always the unexpected and unforeseen."

"You said it! I heard you thrive on that sort of thing."

"I have to admit that I did, still do. But after I got married, settling down has more appeal."

Lori nodded noncommittally.

Jim found it was easy to mention, and think of, Audrey. In his earlier more carefree days, he would have been more flirty. But that had changed.

When he left the function and commed Audrey for their daily "check in", he told her of this and she beamed. "That is so sweet to know. This crazy conference should wrap up in a day or so. Either we'll settle things or figure it's going nowhere." She rolled her eyes.

He grinned. "I'm happy you'll be home soon in either case. I reset the security passcodes for our condo. I'll encrypt and send you the new code."

"Thanks, and if the code doesn't work when I arrive, you'll just have to reset it for me." She winked.

"I'm looking forward to resetting it, already." Jim replied and she laughed.

+++++

;)

That last exchange courtesy of an L/M bit of banter. [face_mischief]

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    More love and affection for Jim and Audrey. [face_love]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lori was Jim's lover in TOS TMP. Nice to see her here as a good friend.
    And Jim and Audrey are just the perfect couple

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It was interesting to see Lori here under a different set of circumstances. Have I mentioned how much I love Kirk's growth and contentment here? Because I so completely do. He and Audrey just fit, and, as always, their rapport is wonderful to read. [face_love][face_love]

=D=

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Yuppers, old flames who aren't this go around is always fun to write. :p

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.