main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unbreakable Love-- Complete, 06/08/17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 10, 2016.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very sweet moments for Nyota and Spock as they discuss her reaction to Ms. Raines.

2. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    OMG, after reading Jen's amazing and poignant!!!!!!!!!! "Gone Too Soon"...

----

The moving memorial service for Pavel ... Audrey had not been able to attend due to her mother and father arriving from offworld and wanting to spend time with Cynara and Audrey at their summer place in the Adirondaks. This family time had been arranged before the sudden and shocking tragedy and Jim had insisted that she go and be with her family.

She returned early the day /morning afterwards and slipped in unnoticed to the master bedroom with a breakfast tray of waffles and English breakfast tea and maple sausages.

The fragrance of the lovely repast caused Jim to stir and he smiled happily.
    "Audrey! You got back earlier."

Her original arrival time had been closer to the noon hour.

"I wanted to surprise you." She smiled.

He dug into the fluffy syrup-drenched waffles and sighed. "You sure know how to make a guy feel satisfied." He observed.

"Hmmm. Is that all you can think about, your stomach?" She teased with a knowing gleam in her eyes.

His hazel eyes took on a soft glow. "Not necessarily." He said and slid an arm around her and confided lowly: "Missed you 'Rey. Especially yesterday. I still feel somehow like I could have prevented the accident - though how I have no idea."

"Once a part of your team, I guess they become more like family." Audrey reflected. "One of the things that makes me love you. Among other things, of course." She winked.

"How'd your family time go?" Jim asked as Audrey snagged a second sausage link.

"It went very well. I thought it would be awkward, but after the first little while, things got comfy amongst us all. Cynara and I talked about the camping trip the kids program is putting together in a couple weeks. In Yellowstone."

Jim grinned. "Can spouses tag along?"

"Sure. Cynara's husband, Gregg, will be coming." Audrey reflected that the evening over rroast, mixed greens, cobbler, and scrabble had gone very well between she, Jim, and Cynara and Gregg. Gregg was a jovial type full of corny puns and lively anecdotes.

They finished in contented silence and Audrey put the tray to the side and said with a grin: "Now, love, how about a proper welcome home/thank you for breakfast?"

Jim laughed and gave her a long kiss for starters.

She was his source of serenity and deep happiness and caring and he couldn't conceive of life without her down-to-earth warmth and unbridled love.

+++++++

4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A romantic get together for Jim and Audrey.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love how Audrey and Jim deal with the death of Chekov.
    the creq was one family

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That was a beautiful moment; I loved the remembrance of Chekov, and the plans for the camping trip! That will be such a treat. [face_love]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_relieved] Feels good to be online again. Was involuntarily off for just like 10 days. Felt longer. [face_laugh]

After reading a marvelously beautiful thingy by IJJ, this really begs to be written.

~!

Cynara asks Audrey about adopting Skyler. "If he gets all attached to you guys, and you don't, he'll just feel rejected." She warns. "Not to say you should or shouldn't ... but be prepared, or give him lots of assurances that you won't leave him high and dry."

Audrey frowns. "Whatever we do, he'll always be an informal part of our 'family', and welcome in our home. He and Jim are building scaled models of the Enterprise and the Millennium Falcon."

Cynara laughs. "Two more different ships you'll never find!"

Audrey grins, feeling butterflies fill her tummy. "Two more alike Captains you will never encounter, Cyn! Shhh. Don't let on I said that."

They laugh and clink their ice cream soda glasses together in a mischievous toast.

++++

[face_laugh]

Yeah like when I read Solo's lines, I think Jim would say that. [face_rofl] I kid you not. [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great ships and great lines.

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I love that Kirk is already bonding with the youngster - and what better way to spend time together. ;)

And this:

Two more alike Captains you will never encounter, Cyn!

Was rather too true. I loved it. [face_laugh]

It's great to see you back! [:D]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Skyler in his new home

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using in Passing from the prompts list.

~~~~~!!!

"And here I thought Natira was just a passing thing. Something transitory. Turns out she made a more lasting impression than we all realized." Jim told Audrey. "Of all the venues of research McCoy could have gone after ..."

Audrey grinned. "Gratitude mixed with attraction mixed with curiosity all topped off with professional adventurousness."

"Couldn't have put it better myself."

Audrey dipped her yeast roll in the last of her Hollandaise sauce. "Did you ever think I was someone you encountered 'in passing'? It wouldn't be strange if you did, considering I left, and you didn't know if or whether I'd come back."

"Factually, I had to live in that reality, with that very strong likelihood. Emotionally - I worked at getting over you. It went over with a dull thud." Jim admitted ruefully. "When you returned, I was happy for the chance to start things up with you again."

Sweet. Audrey smiled warmly.

"I know Skyler hopes we won't just zoom in and out of his life." She said in all seriousness.

"I promise you, 'Rey. That's not going to happen."

"I'm glad." She answered.

+++++++

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It's great that they are discussing more personal things and it looks like Skyler will now have a home.

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    As always, this was a great moment of heart-to-heart; you really are terrific at dialogue filled with warmth and candor. [face_love]

And I really, really like the niche that Skyler is looking to fill in their lives! That plot-arc is just a favourite for me! [face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Skyler is the one to bond them and have them on earth
    And McCoy just loves research;)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    New post here.

~~~!

Ms. Richardson was the case manager and final person to approve after home inspections for adoptions. She frowned at Audrey. "So what's to stop you two from just impulsively deciding to go haring off on a mission? Who would you leave Skyler with in that instance? I know you have extended family, but seriously. Would that be fair to Skyler?"

"It wouldn't be haring off, Ms. Richards." Audrey retorted. She knew she could not afford to lose her poise; that would damage their chances, but she had to set the record straight. "If we had to leave on something urgent, it would be at need and by request of the Brass. We would not undertake such on a whim, just to indulge some childish yearning."

Ms. Richards snorted out a low laugh. "Point taken. I also feel like I'm a pretty good judge of character, and the rapport you have with Skyler is genuine. I have no qualms about approving the final and legal outcome."

Audrey felt a rush of delighted gratitude. Her voice and eyes communicated as much.

When she and Jim got together that evening and e-signed the documents, she could tell he was just as pleased.

+++++

:D

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I'm so glad that everything is finalized for the Kirk family and Skyler. That was lovely, fitting conclusion to the story. [face_love]