main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unbreakable Love-- Complete, 06/08/17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 10, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Using portrait

Audrey smiles. Her holostill is the one that has always graced Jim's desk. She found out from her lady friends that before she came along he never kept pictures/likenesses of any one he was dating. It was just another sign of the permanence of their commitment.

She liked very much the texture of what was growing between them. They were more themselves than ever they could be apart or with someone else.

In a figurative way, though, Audrey's family portrait was about to be turned upside down and sideways.

What would come out the other side would be different than anything she could possibly imagine or conceive. But Jim would be instrumental in making the pieces fit together.

+++++

:D

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great that Jim has Audrey's picture and looks at it often.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love your use of portrait. Audrey and Jim definitely a pair

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Pleasant start.

Presumably, Audrey has just watched TFA? That copy held up well.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, he keeps a picture. If that isn't telling, then I don't know what is. [face_love]

This is a great start to your next plot arc - and a terrific use of the prompt. I'm eager to see where you take this next. =D=

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Still enjoying these sweet moments. :)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Kaleidoscope

~~!

You decide to let Nyota in on a little known detail.

You two are in a chocolate cafe--one which specializes in chocolate drinks and confections.

It is, specifically, the fact of the students Nick and Kyle will be instructing. "Unless they are branching out into other fields, the SEALS are all young men so ... I do not think Kyle will have romance issues unless he ..."

She chokes with consternation in mid bite of a fluffy chocolate-cream filled crepe. "Why didn't you say something?" She hisses icily. "You could have warned me!!! I made a fool of myself. What he must think of me?! I will never forgive you for that. Because it's not funny."

"I was not trying to be amusing, as well you know." You reply.

"Hmmm!"

"I hope this did not spoil your enjoyment of the chocolate?" You ask.

"Nothing could do that, you know." She replies, trying to not smile. She takes out her datapadd and hurriedly texts a fervent apology to Kyle, whose reply makes her sigh in relief.

"He says it didn't hurt anything. He figured I was unaware of the demographics. Most are. You're not off the hook though. I'm sure you knew."

You shrug but do not comment.

"Kyle also mentioned that there is a strong likelihood he will be instructing cadets in Special Forces - which do recruit women frequently for insertion into highly clandestine missions." She continues.

Nyota's emotions are a kaleidoscope, as usual. Pleasure, indignation, then amusement. Which latter wins out, because she is at heart a mischievous person. And she cannot and will not stay irritated for long.

She is refreshing and invigorating. Your eyes tell her this and of your affection for her.

She tries to put on a pretense of not being mollified and touched but is unsuccessful. "I love you." She breathes and orders a second mug of chocolate.

+++++

[face_rofl]

divapilot and RX_Sith like this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Chocolate always makes things better.

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Nyota's emotions are a kaleidoscope, as usual. Pleasure, indignation, then amusement. Which latter wins out, because she is at heart a mischievous person. And she cannot and will not stay irritated for long.

That was beautiful; a wonderful use of the prompt, and the second person POV, which you know I adore. [face_love]=D=

Her foot in the mouth moment had me snickering, however! Oh, poor Nyota. [face_laugh] Though, if Kyle was to meet a special guy, the same advice would certainly still apply. [face_mischief]:p

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you had this discussion with the light banter and mischievous teasing

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Isabeau tells Nyota of her interest in Kyle. "I cannot explain it. I feel drawn to him somehow. I've been in situations where I helped attractive and articulate and personable men before. In my line of work, as colleagues and clients."

"The getting to know phase is fun!" Nyota enthuses. "My sweet love and I -- I don't know how or when exactly, but one day - I suddenly found myself thinking of him all the time, of what he'd say or do and how I couldn't wait till I could catch him up on my day." She laughs. "Somewhere around that time, my lady friends stopped trying to match me up. I guess they realized it was hopeless."

Isabeau smiles, her eyes falling on a holo-pic of Han and Leia. "I guess everyone knew better than to fix Leia up."

Nyota smirks. "They certainly didn't mind teasing her, I'll bet." She reflects thoughtfully. "That should we push the bounds of our friendship moment - what if he/she doesn't want that? Oh, that is a heart-stopping moment until - you take a deep breath and reach out." She sighs. "Ours happened one spring evening - it was raining." Her eyes grow dreamy. "He kissed me spontaneously. I could tell he'd been wanting to and I'd been longing for him to!"

Nyota pauses and recalls the almost-moment for Han and Leia. It had been a harrowing few days and Leia was feeling despondent and wishing for a glimpse of home. Han had given her consolation - reassured her that somewhere, in many places for many years to come, the light of her home would spill across the velvety deeps, and of all wonders, had called her the "light of Alderaan."

It was a beautiful, on-the-brink moment.

Simply. Probably one they'd recall fondly in all the years ahead. That was how it was with soul-mates.

++++++

AN: Using Getting to Know You. And, the reference for H/L is a gorgeous, splentabulous fic by MandrinaQ called "The Light of Alderaan." Super duper feels behind that read. [face_batting]

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It is great that Nyota realized that Spock was her soul-mate and likewise so that they could grow together.

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I found the Kaleidoscope format a difficult one to follow; the last piece flowed better.

What's a SEAL? Is it the same meaning as the US Navy's version?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, it is, as far as the SEALs. earlybird-obi[wan introduced this concept in an SW story and I streamlined my story to match, ;) sorta an unofficial paralleling, since our characters are appearing in both our fics. This is because we collaborated before and so had a mission in common.

~~~

Second person does take getting used to. :cool: I loved it when I first read it and decided then and there to use it. :)

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Isa and Ny discussing the 'getting to know you'
    Nick will sure tell more in his diary about Kyle's side
    Federation SEALs are the direct descendants of the US SEALs

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, seeing the attraction from Isabeau's side was wonderful here! Nyota definitely has some fond memories she can relate to on that front! I loved the light tone and the girls' bonding in this one. A very sweet, satisfying reply to the prompt! [face_love]=D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    After reading L/M, yum, I think it's time for something stupendously fine!!! I wanted to feature a custom-made gift. :)

~!

It is the anniversary of the day they got engaged, so Spock treats Nyota to a champagne brunch and then says softly, "Ms. Fiorano has prepared something special for you, my own. That was the import of all those messages she and I were sending."

"Ah, darling." Nyota responds, laughing. "And here I thought the two of you were flirting, or at least that she was with you. How can a lady resist?"

"Nyota, you should know better than that." He answers and then retrieves and slides across their dining table a lovely wrapped parcel.

"What could this be?" Nyota wonders aloud and unwraps it in breathless anticipation - to find a woodcut of herself strumming a lyre, with an effusion of white and gold blossoms spreading above her clustered in the boughs of a lovely tree. Every detail is exquisitely etched, so much so that you can almost hear the echo of the last note she thrummed and smell the fragrance of the blooms.

The accompanying note reads: "You are like a melody, a rich and unfailing source of serenity and radiance. I cannot express to you what you mean to me; the fact that we chose one another still is astonishing to me."

Tears well in her eyes as Nyota says tenderly, "Oh, you are also my light in the dark, the expanse of all that could or might be, and also brightening all the beautiful experiences of my life today and in years to come! I cannot imagine breathing my next breath without you and feel blessed that I do not have to know! I do so love you..."

They embrace warmly and tightly; their love continues to flow inexpressibly profound across their bond.

++++

Melts!!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    RX_Sith and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  18. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kurisan - [:D] [:D] Thanks for stopping in. Things are definitely calmer in this thread LOL since everyone is in a different context - past the 5-year mission though still having interesting experiences. :) all the drama and edge of seatness took place in earlier diaries/collaborations which are further along in the Story section but completed [face_batting]

@};-

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Because you really can't put it better than that. [face_love][face_love] What a lovely, heartwarming gift and exchange of expressions - that completely made my morning to read. =D=[:D]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the gift and the sweet words going with it

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great romance and affection by Nyota and Spock as they celebrate their anniversary.

23. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Lovely gift and even lovelier words!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota scowled at Ms. Raines. They had not gotten along in Academy days - mostly because Ms. Raines cheated and was an opportunist. Now she was coming asking for Nyota's help on a thorny communications glitch in her department.

Why should I give this woman the time of day? Nyota thought. Then she hesitated. We've all grown up since then. She can't still be unscrupulous. Well she can but I won't go out of my way to slight her or stoop to her prior level.

She gave a curt nod to Ms. Raines. "Leave it - and I'll send it to your supervisor's inbox. Or would you rather I send it to you so you can take the credit?" She couldn't help adding. Then she grimaced. "That was uncalled for."

Ms. Raines looked chagrined. "No, it isn't. I was overly ambitious and didn't care whose toes I stepped on. That was uncalled for. I really do appreciate your help."

"I make no promises, but let me work on it." Nyota answered.

As it turned out, she worked through it with her usual swift efficiency and sent the rectified and corrected files on their way.

"I guess you'll tell me I shouldn't have helped so readily..." She mentioned to Spock that evening over dinner of crusty bread dipped in garlic and wine and stuffed mushrooms and pasta with a rich Alfredo sauce.

He merely gazed at her silently. "Well?" She prompted.

He answered lowly: "I think you proved yourself the mature one by not holding a grudge, although it took Ms. Raines a great deal of courage to approach you not knowing your reaction."

"That is true." She agreed. "Very perceptive of you."

"I do have my moments."

"Not many but you do have them." She quipped and laughter lit his eyes. He knew she thought he had more than a few instances of intuitiveness.

His look became frankly admiring as she dipped another piece of bread in the sauce.

"You have many estimable virtues, Nyota."

She felt her tummy fill with butterflies at the gentle tone and the sincere compliment.

She was happy it was one more tangible thing he had to respect and esteem her for.

+++++++

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, so sweet! It seems that both women learned from their mistakes.