main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unofficial Captain's Log. (DDC2015) Complete & AN 01/03/16.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 2, 2015.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great interaction between Nyota and Spock as he teaches her chess and other things.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, I love this glimpse at Kirk and Spock's relationship. You did such a great job at capturing the 'unspoken' in Spock, as well as Kirk's growing understanding and appreciation in return.

"The things I could point out you already know, so there is nothing gained by that. What I believe you need ... is a distraction."
    Thereby began our chess-matches.

That gave me such a grin. You did a really, really great job sinking into Kirk's mind with this update - even more so than usual. ;) [face_love]=D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks oodles! I think that, like Han or Thrawn, though for different reasons, Spock is inscrutable or wants to appear so, but there is a wellspring of empathy and compassion that is bottomless, and a capacity to give and inspire loyalty and affection that goes beyond the sublimely magnificent! [face_love] [face_love]

This bromance touches me and has for virtually ever! [face_dancing] The nuances, the ways they connect intrinsically. ^:)^

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Such is the way of a great friendship :)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What a nice update showing his friendship with Spock

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "Particularly with the ladies?"

[face_laugh]

I love Kirk and Spock's relationship! They crack me up! And this is such a nice gesture on Kirk's part.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using "Better Safe than Sorry"

My idea of this ... doesn't quite mesh with what others might assume or automatically infer.
    I invariably take this idiom in the strictly proactive sense and select the bold measure.
    I frustrate my superiors and confound those under my command, at times.
    An unlooked for side benefit is that, more often than not, the desired and even better-than-hoped outcome validates my course of action.

Even my First Officer has been forced on more than one occasion to admit my intuitive "never tell me the odds" stance has won the day.
    "It is something I have resigned myself to expecting." He has told me, with a figurative eye roll.

I simply laugh. I am establishing quite a unique reputation in the 'Fleet.

+++

[face_mischief] [face_laugh]

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Telling the odds would be quite illogical. ;)

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ah! Using the prompt was a great way to highlight one of the defining traits of Kirk's command. While he does give his crew and commanding officers a few 'edge of the seat' moments, I'm glad that he bends the rules when and to the effect he does, that's for sure! ;) [face_love]

Another great character moment. =D=[:D]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Even my First Officer has been forced on more than one occasion to admit my intuitive "never tell me the odds" stance has won the day.
    "It is something I have resigned myself to expecting." He has told me, with a figurative eye roll.

[face_laugh] I love it! Their relationship cracks me up :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love] :D

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That's Kirk 'do before think.' Love the new post

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I sauntered into the anteroom to the Medward examination rooms.
    I found Nyota there.

"Ah! Will wonders ever cease." She teased. "So McCoy finally got you here for your annual checkup, Captain?"

I grimaced. "Lieutenant, I assure you I'm here under duress."

"No cinnamon rolls for you unless you come in -- right?"

"They're my weakness." I admitted.

She laughed. "Spock is more like you, if that's possible, worse." She winked. "I had to bribe him with ..." She blushed.

I laughed and raised a hand to stop her. "Spare me, Uhura! I don't need the details."

Nyota demurred with a strong undertone of amusement: "A special Vulcan dish. That's all! I'm not as good as I could be at it. Wait a sec! What were you thinking I meant?"

We shared a mischievous glance as Bones signaled me in.

"I'd better not say." I said as Spock came out of the exam room.

I spared a glance out of the viewpanel and saw him caress her cheek in greeting, more or less unobtrusively. her gaze upon him was avid in its affection.

"Hi. Your meal awaits." I heard her say.

"Indeed? More than that, I am anticipating dessert." I unmistakably heard him reply.

She gave a delighted trill of laughter as they left together.

+++++

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Cinnamon rolls are awesome.

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Of course Kirk's mind had to go there first. :rolleyes:[face_laugh] That's okay, Spock's did too. :p[face_mischief] They really are alike in more ways than one, that said. I love how they both had to be bribed with food for their physicals. [face_laugh] [face_love]

But, even more than the fun, lighthearted tone of this one, I particularly loved the soft moment Kirk overlooked. It's a favourite thing for me, seeing how couples appear to outside viewers, and that was a wonderful moment to capture. [face_love]

Well done, once again! =D=[:D]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    bribes for Jim and Spock. What will McCoy or Nick have to comment?

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "A special Vulcan dish. That's all! I'm not as good as I could be at it. Wait a sec! What were you thinking I meant?"

Of coooooourse she does :p I'm all about food bribes, though!

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    More fun moments here!!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I guess I have a rep for charm among the ladies, that I'll take up with anyone with a lovely face or figure. But I am also drawn to intelligence. Gaila was a brilliant technical mind besides her other ... assets. And Uhura, I could tell - she was vivacious besides being gorgeous. She drew people around her at social gatherings without trying. Her laughter and wit carrying the conversation. And then, I discovered - she could sing.

Fantastically!

"Did you ever take vocal lessons?" I asked her at one point.

"Yes, and the Vulcan lyre as well, under very expert tutelage."

I laughed and grasped her shoulder in brotherly affection.

When she and Spock have a dust-up, it is a credit to their professionalism that their work does not suffer in efficiency, although the ambience gets chilly for a brief while. Yet, they never stay at cross-purposes for long. One or the other will make overtures and smooth things over - and she is all smiles again.

I teased Sulu when he took up with the very attractive and resourceful Yolette Boudreaux, "Now if you two have a disagreement ..."

He smiled and shrugged in optimistic demurral as if to say that shouldn't be a problem.

+++++

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Relationships aboard the ship are great for everyone except Kirk himself.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    His time is coming. :D He's the ST answer to my Lukie. He deserves some good hot lovin'!

RX_Sith likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kirk the womanizer seeing all those relations develop;)

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

"Yes, and the Vulcan lyre as well, under very expert tutelage."

[face_laugh] I bet :D [face_love]

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I really enjoyed the outside looking in perspective that Kirk has here, along with the rhyme to his reason with his choice of female companionship. ;)

But I especially liked the line about Nyota learning the lyre - as Nat quoted above. Yep, I most certainly bet she did. [face_mischief][face_laugh][face_love]

=D=[:D]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Crescendo

The ship klaxon rises to a crescendo and the bridge and all decks spring into heightened states of alertness and activity. I maintain composure and the crew follows suit. Undaunted by unexpected turns of events and sudden crises, I remain unruffled. Once the situation has calmed again, the sense of relief and accomplishment is palpable.

++++

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.