main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] An Unofficial Captain's Log. (DDC2015) Complete & AN 01/03/16.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    They really do have the best foundation setting up to lead them onwards. [face_love] I loved Kirk's reflections here, and now, about that request . . . [face_thinking]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey and Kirk are a go

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Audrey had to take personal leave, officially, as it turned out. Her uncle Xavier had disappeared after what should have been a routine scouting mission. It had been discovered by the task force that eventually found him that his disappearance was part of a larger plot which Intelligence was trying to unravael and foil. "He practically raised me after my Dad left us." Audrey explained. "I feel like I need to help the investigative branch and help our family deal with the aftermath."

"I understand." I told her softly.

She sighed. "I never would have ... I don't think it's fair to keep us ..." She broke off.

I nodded in understanding. "I'm not much for long-range /distance relationships, especially these kinds of distances." I shrugged ruefully. "Especially when you don't know when or if you'll return."

"I'm sorry... really, I am."

"Would it make me a cynic or a realist to say such is life?"

She chuckled. "I cannot ask for any promises."

"But I will make you one, anyway. If and when you come back, I want to know we could pick up where we left off."

"Sure we could." She said smiling.

We did not say it to one another but we each felt we wouldn't be interested in dating anyone else despite the uncertainty.

In stark hindsight, despite what we said, when events intervened, and I put my toe in the water again, it had unforeseen consequences.

++++

;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    A simple request leads to a simple response.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope she will come back

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Well now you have me intrigued. ;) :p

I'm sad that Audrey had to leave, but I perfectly understand why. I am looking forward to her return, however, and in the meantime I wonder what Kirk will be up to . . .

Another wonderful update. =D= [:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL This ...

It was not that Audrey was "out of sight, out of mind" but it (at the time) didn't seem to make sense to wait around for a maybe/someday. Carole was there, a sympathetic and attractive and competent lady, so I had dinner with her a few times & accompanied her on various Fleet functions where it was obligatory to be accompanied and I didn't want to be stuck with someone dull. But still and all, I found myself thinking of Audrey at the oddest times, things I'd wish I could confide, reactions of hers or advice from her in a particular situation.

Nyota, being Audrey's friend, I expected a terse reaction from her, but surprisingly, she withheld comment, favorable or otherwise.

++++

earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see him comparing Audrey and Carole.

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    We'll have to see how Audrey takes his visits with Carole to see what happens.

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It looks like, while Carole is a convenient match for now, she isn't Audrey, and a part of Kirk knows that. [face_love] It'll be interesting how that triangle plays out in the days to come, that's for sure. :p

And I really liked the bit about Nyota holding her comments back - sometimes it's better to hold your tongue and watch for a bit before counseling a friend, and that seems to be the case here. That said, I am really eager to see the next part of this tale. [face_thinking] :D

=D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Turning my mind briefly to adversaries - I like the kind who are upfront about their antipathy. Slimy serpent-like ones who dissemble and pretend to be something they're not, to have others' best interests at heart, to be oh-so-concerned about the well-being of others- I could do without. Please.

That is why I will take a hard-won or close-contested battle with Klingons before any kind of "negotiating" with Romulans.

Nyota and I had a very amusing conversation about this. She agrees, by the way.

"Romulans are like wolves in sheep's covering, more often than not." She observed.

"They're offshoots of Vulcans, you realize." I teased, taking a long sip of sweetened iced tea.

She regarded me closely over the rim of her mango-peach blend. "Your point being?"

"Just saying. You're not bothered by the resemblance?"

"Ha! Any resemblance disappeared millennia ago." She tossed, with a shrug.
    I laughed. I wasn't worried, either.

When we had dealings with a Romulan commander Vonli, it involved the fallout from an incursion into the Neutral Zone. For a change, we weren't the ones who had accidentally on purpose crossed the line. It was a scientific frigate and underarmed for confrontation with a full Battle Dragon. But still, we were sent to smooth any ruffled feathers.

Vonli, an attractive Lady Romulan, (oh didn't I mention that)? had eyes for Spock, during the talks. She couldn't keep her eyes off him, and I could tell she couldn't wait to get her hands on him as well.

"Hey, Spock, why not ingratiate yourself with the lady to help things along?" McCoy suggested.

(I knew better than to even hint at such a thing.)

"I will not dignify that with a response." was the terse reply.

"I should hope not!" Nyota retorted, giving the doctor a Csillan-cold stare. McCoy just looked back with an innocent air. Not fooling anyone.

Despite the lack of reciprocity, the talks went well enough. At least the treaty details were ironed out with more clarity so further misunderstandings would be less likely. Maybe. Perhaps.
    We'll see.

"That sheevy commander had a lot of nerve." Nyota groused.

"I don't see what you're so upset about." I teased her. "Nothing happened."

"Hmmph!" She scowled. "She's still a sheev. I wanted to tell her to kriff off."

I laughed. "I bet you did."

"A friendly amount of competition never hurt anyone." McCoy commented, irrepressibly.

Nyota tossed her padd at him, and I laughed again.
    "Quit while you're still behind, Doc." I told him.

"That's not my forte." He rejoined.

+++++

[face_rofl]

SQUEE!

Oh but I want to write the sequel to that exchange from Ny's POV in "Sweets." Hmmm. ;) [face_thinking]

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Romulans and Vulcans don't mix; doesn't McCoy know that.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the teasing doctor in this update.

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This update was such a fun mix, in the best of ways. This:

"Hey, Spock, why not ingratiate yourself with the lady to help things along?" McCoy suggested.

(I knew better than to even hint at such a thing.)

"I will not dignify that with a response." was the terse reply.

"I should hope not!" Nyota retorted, giving the doctor a Csillan-cold stare. McCoy just looked back with an innocent air. Not fooling anyone.

Had me giggling like you would not believe - especially with Nyota throwing her PADD at him later. Yes, Bones, do quite while you are ahead! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

But I do have to agree with Kirk here - better villains that show their true natures up front than wolves in sheep's clothing. There really is nothing worse. :(

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Loving this one. Recent examples of umphy dialogue have helped greatly! @};-

~!

Nyota was uncharacteristically reticent when it came to Carol, but she was not when Audrey returned.

She hugged 'Rey unabashedly and smiled. "I'm glad you're back, girlfriend!" Nyota enthused.

I held back as the friends said their hellos and then greeted Audrey with composure when her hazel eyes lit upon me.

"Hey, you." She answered, studying me closely. "I'm glad Ms. Marcus transferred to the BioDiversity Project." She said, never one to hem and haw. "Would've made things awkward, don't you think."

I frowned as we entered a lift car. "Has Nyota been ..."

"She alluded - nothing more. We kept in touch." Audrey planted her hands on her hips and regarded me with her best Leia Organa glare. "Something I should know?"

I stopped the lift. "A shocking absence, actually. It was more a matter of trying to light a spark without even flintrocks or two sticks to rub together."

"That bad?" She laughed. "Should I be offended that you even tried?"

I sighed. "Audrey. I didn't know even if you were ever coming back. What was I supposed to do - become a hermit?"

"At least seem to miss me, maybe?"

"I did. But it was more in the way of not knowing if a perhaps would ever turn into a reunion between us. Holding out for something that was up in the air -- rather assinine."

"Point taken." She paused. "So now what? Do we act like we never said goodbye even temporarily, or start over, or just put it up to good times before and stay friends?"

That would be rather like asking Han to not be interested in Leia even after the blowing up of the first Death Star. "Meet me in the south passage for dinner tonight 'Rey? I'll tell you then."

She gazed at me, and then when the reference clicked into place, - I could tell she melted but was trying her hardest not to let it show. "Okay, Jim." She agreed, guessing what I wanted from my reply but knowing I wouldn't push her one way or the other.

++++

;) [face_mischief]

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm so glad to see Audrey back here - and I can understand both of them here, with her surprised/hurt, and him nonetheless not wanting to pass a possibility for the future on a maybe/could-be. I loved how Audrey immediately cut to business, and Kirk's lack of a spark to report - some things like that can't be forced, and even when she was gone, it seemed she was still there. [face_love]

But I loved the south passage reference, and it looks like Audrey did too - even if she's trying to pretend otherwise. The charmer! :p [face_love]

As always, I can't wait for more of this one! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect, Audrey back and Carol away. I like to see where this is going

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It's great that Audrey is back and Carole is gone off to do scientific things.

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I missed couple! In the first: Bones is in TROUBLE with Nyota! :p In the second: I'm glad Audrey's back! Good riddance to Carol.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Audrey, I have to admit something."

"Am I going to want to hear this?"

"I think so. I think the next time our careers almost or actually do pull us in different directions, I'll either adjust to go with you or ask you to stay. I'm not letting you go, again."

"Jim. You're right." She said after a beat.

"About?"

"I liked hearing that." She smiled.

The kiss the two of us share is gentle, not reserved, wholehearted, and full of promises.

++++

SQUEE!

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great that they want to be with each other now!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes together. And promises[face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was beautiful! And, for now, it looks like their careers can thankfully keep them in the same place at the same time - there's nothing more rewarding than when work and love fall into place. [face_love]=D=

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think the next time our careers almost or actually do pull us in different directions, I'll either adjust to go with you or ask you to stay. I'm not letting you go, again

[face_love] I love it!! :D

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "So, Jim," McCoy broached, "How'd you feel about me dating Christine?"

"I thought she was with Nick."

"Hmmm. They were just testing the waters, somewhat like you did with her there for a while. Didn't quite work, plus the way he was when Nyota ran afoul of the Kamirians."

I shuddered at the memory. "Wouldn't bother me, I'd like it if you guys wound up working things out." I smiled genuinely. "I'm not still "carrying torches.""

McCoy smirked. "Just checking."

I rolled my eyes in mock irritation. "You know how it is with 'Rey."

"Now what is the secret to that?" McCoy asked, in frank admiration. "How'd you get her to give you another go without begging and pleading?"

"Hey, it's me." I rejoined.

We laughed.

++++

RX_Sith likes this.