main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek AOS] Cherish is the Word, One-Shot, S/U.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 24, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota -- Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.

AN: This takes place in a 'verse where S/U were apart for a time. This is in the form of a letter.

~~~~~~!

She discovers it tucked in a bouquet of flowers.

"Dear Nyota: When I encountered you again, I had no idea what your response/reaction would be. An understandable initial awkwardness melted under our mutual endeavors and the sheer fact that somehow, unbeknownst to our awareness or volition, our connection was merely dormant, never sundered or dissipated. This makes me believe that if we had never met again, our hearts would always be joined inexorably, irrevocably. I know what you are thinking, that that is pure sentimentality. On the contrary, it is simply a fact. My feelings for you never abated, even after all this time. Still and all, I was surprised when you agreed to share your life with me. Even if it was what we both wanted, the literal fact of our lives being in different places, if not emotionally, then pragmatically, would have made such a choice difficult to navigate if not impossible. I do cherish you and shall prove this to you until my last breath.

Spock."

She melted with every word. She smirked and thought: No one can hold a candle to my darling -- my "light in darkness."

Vulcans do make the best soulmates! Nyota concluded.

And that is a fact.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, you know what a sucker I am for this 'verse - and you didn't fail to deliver here. I love how you can make Spock write something so unabashedly sentimental, without losing his 'Spock-ness'. It's quite the feat - and the treat to read. ;) [face_mischief][face_love]

Just beautiful, as always! [face_love]=D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice, Spock comes to his 'logical' letter, expressing that he only loves Nyota

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Isn't it marvelous? :) [face_sigh] [face_love]