main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Story [Star Trek AOS] Deep serenity, In You. S/U. First Sentence Challenge.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 25, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and with love.
    AN: After being apart for years, the contrast in just how one feels is different.
    First Sentence Source: Bonjour Tristesse by Françoise Sagan
    "A strange melancholy pervades me to which I hesitate to give the grave and beautiful name of sorrow."

~~~~~~!!

A strange melancholy pervades me to which I hesitate to give the grave and beautiful name of sorrow.

Being apart from Nyota caused no small sense of palpable loss. It was the height of irrationality to dwell on what could not be changed and no one would or could accuse me of wallowing or even becoming preoccupied. However, I would be less than honest if I denied that there was a pall to even things and situations which should be occasions for tranquility if not pleasure.

When we found one another again, the contrast was startling.

There was a brightness to the day, a new lilt even to the birdsong that heralded the season.

Quite intriguing ...

My father noticed this of course but did not comment. T'Mai (his bondmate) did not refrain from doing so, although she did it in a gentle manner, merely making an observation.

"You seem ... dare I say contented now? It brings me no small degree of gratification to sense this and to wonder at its source."

At this precise moment, Nyota burst in. Her eyes were sparkling. "My niece sent me a copy of her latest short story for creative writing. She's quite good, if I do say so. Of all things, she did an alternate universe of Star Wars -- Amilyn Holdo paired up with Poe Dameron." She laughed. "They're a thing in her story and it actually works!"

My eyes met T'Mai's as if to say: Now you know the source.

She raised an amused brow and gave an understanding nod, as if to say: Indeed, as I had surmised.

Nyota caught the nonverbal exchange. "What? Did I say something?"

I gave her a look that made her catch her breath in delight as I murmured, "You are merely being yourself ... ebullient and vivacious. It adds a nuance that has been missed sorely but indisputably."

"Oh you." She whispered. "Only you."

+++++

:) [face_sigh]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    beautiful. Spock was missing her and expressing it in his own way

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ^:)^ A unique and very lovely way. :) [face_sigh]

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This is fantastic! I loved how you wrote the Spock POV – honestly it was the last thing I expected from that sentence when I came here to read! – and I laughed out loud at the Poldo reference. Incidentally, this makes me Nyota's niece, which I'm quite flattered about :D

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    This was so sweet, the way he missed Nyota and then sparkled when he got her back. I enjoyed Spock's beautiful and cerebral inner dialogue.
    This made me smile. I missed you and I love you, in his own charming way.:D Great job with the challenge. =D= And Poe and Holdo fic- haha! Looks like Chyntuck and brodiew need to get typing. [face_laugh]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck: Thanks so much ;) Poe/Amilyn are endearing indeed! [face_mischief]
    NobodyIX: thanks so much. [:D] I love Spock and Nyota immensely. And I adore writing from his POV =P~

NobodyIX likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    How did I miss this one??!

First off, you know what a sucker I am for this 'verse. The introspection in this piece was just so soft and beautiful! I loved both the realizations they reached about being reunited with each other, and those that love them understanding too. Nyota's silent conversation with T'Mai left me with quite the smile!

And

[face_love]!!

Yep. Spock-speak for I love you and miss you. Perfectly, perfectly worded! [face_laugh][face_love]

Wonderful work, as always! =D=[:D]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira LOL This sentence was absolutely custom-made for this pairing. [face_love] [face_dancing] Spock-speak is like candy, the best Ghiardelli as a matter of fact. [face_love]