main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, girls, but I´d rather discuss that matter via PM or e-mail only! [face_shhh]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This week's prompt is "walls." Rejoicing over the lack thereof.

~~~!!

Nyota and her bondmate are having a meal with Kiana and Dayvid. Kiana's parents are the same age as Nyota's and Kashore's, have been married the same number of years.
    However, Kiana has disturbing news. Her father, Brice, has recently left the family and betrayed his wife, Siobhan, with a much younger woman, Tiffany.

Kiana relates indignantly:
    "At first Bronwen and I hoped and prayed it was just an idiotic mid-life fling. Certainly not to make light of it, but something he could repent and beg and plead forgiveness over. Naturally, the rebuilding of trust would take time ... but we knew Mom would at least consider it if he approached her in abject regret and self-reproach."

Nyota's eyes are soft with sympathy.
    "I take it from what you're saying and how you are phrasing it ... that he didn't."

"You're blooming right he didn't!" Kiana responds heatedly. "It appears this relationship has been going on for quite the while before Mom discovered it."

Nyota grimaces.
    "I can tell you a thing or two about having the relationship roof cave in on you." She tells Kiana. "It is certainly not a thing you get over easily or well. Time only does so much."

She catches a flicker of startlement from her bondmate.
    She hadn't seemed to be barricaded behind walls of an impenetrable nature when they had met again. She had been wary, of course, but that had eased with their working together and confiding in one another. She had appeared to be most eager and welcoming to reestablish a relationship ...

He glances at her contemplatively as the conversation topic changes to something more lighthearted.

Later, he brings this puzzle up to her when they are alone and in private.

"My love," She begins.

"I would hope that you are not going to hold my past choices against me and bring them up at the least opportunity." He breaks in crisply.

Her expression fills with immediate consternation.
    "That wasn't my intent and certainly not a thing I would be inclined to do at any rate." She assures. "I was merely making an observation that I understood some little bit how shocked Aunt Siobhan must have felt. Darling, you must believe me when I say that when I saw you again, I was more than three-quarters ready to re-fall in love." She laughs.

His eyes mirror the mirth flowing across their bond, and they share a long gentle kiss or several.

"I love you and would have continued to do so even had we not found one another again." Nyota continues. "Please, if you'll join me in the spa, I can persuade you of your enduring appeal." She winks.

He accedes more than willingly.
    "Nyota ashal-veh, I am determined to spend each day that we have together convincing you of your unfailing necessity to me."

She replies, beaming:
    "That works for me."

++++++

earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade

AzureAngel2 @};- @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was very nicely done. I can easily see where that little question of nagging doubt over the years they lost would come up every now and again - but what was wonderful was how they dealt with it. No walls indeed, and she was quick to put his fears to rest! :D

Very insightful, and delicious to read, as always. [face_love]=D=

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks,... my love!

I am just back from the Mountains and already packing things in for my return to Berlin. This was a nice update, making me smiley!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice use of the prompt. Deliciously sweet as always

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota's folks need to slow down a bit in their frenetic work pace, based upon a recent health crisis. Instead of going nonstop, maybe cut back slightly, after a short hiatus.

"Mom is ready for the transition." Kashore observes. "Poppa grumbles. You know how he is."

"Of course." Nyota laughs, then frowns, "It's not more serious, and you're just not telling me?"

Kashore grins. "No. I wouldn't dare. If you ever found out I was holding out on you..."

They share a laugh.

~~**

Her bondmate senses her concern and arranges a surprise.

Nyota is in her home-office finishing up an article's second draft when her Mom and Poppa stroll in.

She glances up and then rushes to embrace them with a glad cry of welcome.

"We're here for a couple months, maybe more." Akilah explains. "Best for the whole family: give us some rest and time with Logan or Ailyn."

Nyota chuckles. They had gotten into the swing of prospective grandling names with enthusiasm.

~~**

"You arranged the whole thing." Nyota remarks later, touched.

"I believed that it would heighten your pleasure if it was a complete surprise. It was difficult keeping the fact of it from you." He confesses, stroking her shimmering tresses as she snuggles even closer.

"Oh, it did, of a certainty! I love you for it, and for uncountable other things." She breathes.

"As I do you." Is the tender reply.

Her eyes sparkle with boundless love as she requests:
    "Show, don't tell."

The husky purr in her tone let him know exactly the demonstration she was eager for.

He feathers kisses and nibbles along her neck and throat up to her lips ... to start.

++++

:)

earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade

and:

AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "I believed that it would heighten your pleasure if it was a complete surprise. It was difficult keeping the fact of it from you." He confesses, stroking her shimmering tresses as she snuggles even closer.

Sigh, why can´t RL be that way?

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It is great to have your family together.
    Spock is loving and adorable

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, what a sweet surprise he arranged! I do love it when Spock is sneaky. :p But, I am glad that Nyota is able to have her family with her for a bit, and, as always, you wrapped the ficlet up marvelously with focusing on their relationship and regard for each other, as you always do. The 'show, don't tell' line was a great one. :p [face_love]

=D=[:D]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Special replies

Azure -- ahh, Ny is blessed, for sure. :)

earlybird -- This is a true and unquestioned fact [face_love]

Mira -- I love the idea of him doing something that is a win-win for all. ;) And the gratitude and the caring and the rejoicing just gets stronger between them [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This ficlet's prompt is: Translation

~~!

T'Rin needs no translation as she observes Nyota and Spock together on a Holo-Web broadcast of a diplomatic function. The ease with which they interact with delegates and the natural and gentle nuances of their communications with one another: the warm glance, the solicitous gestures, the subtle touches, all bespeak and reveal a depth of emotion that needs no explication.

There is a sense of unmitigated serenity and belongingness pervading it all.

The fact that their interpersonal messages were neither accentuated nor downplayed because of the public venue also spoke volumes. There was a balance and harmony to it all.

+++++

[face_dancing]

Mira_Jade
    earlybird-obi-wan
    AzureAngel2
    [face_batting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! First off - great job with the prompt. There is definitely loads spoken in the smallest of details - as a Vulcan would well know. I loved T'Rin's gentle musings here, and her soft form of joy that Spock knows peace in his relationship with Nyota. There was just an understated loveliness to this whole entry. [face_love]=D= Beautiful, as always! [:D]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the playful lightness of your writing! :D

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies --

Mira -- Woot, thanks. :D I wanted just exactly that tone and atmosphere for the reflections. I am happy that the softness and the subtlety came through. I am totally in heart-agreement with the joy over their relationship LOL so that part is easy to describe. [face_love]

_____

Azure Thank you. :D I didn't want to heavy-hand the feelings involved, and I love concentrating and bringing forth the loving, celebratory emotions in the characters and readers, alike. @};-

Retag for earlybird-obi-wan --- Hope the tag worked earlier. Or do you just wanna watch the fic-thread? ;)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    This is sweetness in a few words.

I think the tag didn't work

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Taking a line from Neruda's sonnet.

I am so evaporated! [face_love]

~~~~~!

"I Know No Other Way"

Miranda was visiting Nyota and her family for a few days.
    Miranda laughed as she scooped Ailynn up and cuddled her.
    She had a lovely mocha latte coloring. Her eyes gazed upon everything and everyone with intense curiosity.
    At 2-1/2 months old, she was the apple of her mommy's eye.

"And her daddy's too." Nyota smirked in reply to Miranda's voiced observation. "But you'll never catch him admitting that ... in so many words."

Miranda's eyes sparkled. "You two didn't exactly have to start from scratch, did you?" She beamed upon Nyota with happiness. "Sherra and I marvelled at that - but we weren't surprised, frankly."

Nyota flushed with unalloyed exuberance.
    "He had me at 'hello', as the saying goes, just like the first time."

Ailynn cooed to get the ladies' undivided attention, and her efforts were entirely successful.

Later, Nyota gazed upon her bondmate in an unguarded moment.
    His expression was fierce in its tenderness as he put Ailynn to bed.

Nyota's tummy was one big gooey puddle.

As she and her love cuddled tightly, she murmured, "Spock... my own darling. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly."

He answered between kisses, completing the quote:
    "Nyota, I love you because I know no other way than this: where I does not exist, nor you."

+++++

AzureAngel2

_______

earlybird-obi-wan

______

Mira_Jade

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, I think I melted to match Nyota with those last few lines there! [face_love] This was a more perfect application of Neruda than ever I have seen before - really, that was just lovely to read. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect viggie and those last lines squeelishious[face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan and Mira_Jade

The way she feels in his arms is so incredibly natural. He wonders how he could ever have felt complete or achieved a restful night's sleep without her to hold.

Often, the holding is accompanied by confidings and caressings, which very frequently leads to a very pleasurable passionate commingling.

Her breathing and her heartbeat are in perfect sync with his as the dawn light appears at their window.

He kisses her eyes open and she smiles - eyes bright with love.

"Not even the rain ..." Spock murmurs, "has such small hands."

She beams.

++++

:D :D

Foot, but I love Cummings! ;)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    bonded forever

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, as always, this was just beautiful. And, as ever, Mr. cummings for the win! I melted for the mingling of the two here. [face_love][:D]=D=

23. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh this one is so sweet and sexy! I love the way he loves just having her within the circle of his arms, mmmmmm! :D

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all, but especially Ash!! :D I feel like they would relish and savor such things and hold them as blessings. [face_love] I get such a charge out of himself enjoying such, sweetie deserves it, and so does she. ^:)^

serendipityaey likes this.
  25. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Awww so wonderful! I love that sentiment and it's a joy to get characters to that place where they savor being together like that. You're a pro at it [face_love]