main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, this update can't wait. [face_love]

serendipityaey

earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade

~~~~!

Sarek assures Nyota that he is up to para-sailing.

She had learned of his ailment years ago during a mission, which thankfully, had been treated, but still she had a momentary niggle of concern about any untoward exertion.

(The news had come via Jim who had kept in continual contact with Spock through the years.)

Sarek now tells Nyota: "I do not require any type of medical vigilance." His glance is full of affection and amusement.

She laughs outright. "Jim has said that on more occasions than I can count, and the Doctors always roll their eyes and keep a discreet eye on him anyway. A more restless patient I don't think I've ever known." Her tone is fond.

"I could tell Spock wanted to comm you and tell you of my medical difficulty." Sarek confides. "I believe the instinctive impulse to turn to you never quite left him."

This revelation touches Nyota so deeply that after their outing at the lake, she gazes at her bondmate with a searing look when alone.

He raises an eyebrow at her.

She tells him what Sarek had told her earlier that day.

"I cannot deny it." Spock accedes.

She shivers.

"You just keep giving me fresh cause to love you more than I already do." She whispers and rushes into his waiting embrace and lavishes happy kisses upon him, which he very tenderly returns.

++++++++

SQUEE! out. loud.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    males and their difficulty with the doctors[face_laugh] and Sarek's revelation.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    "I could tell Spock wanted to comm you and tell you of my medical difficulty." Sarek confides. "I believe the instinctive impulse to turn to you never quite left him."

Oh! I literally felt a pang reading that - but, the best kind of pang. Thank-you for sharing this beautiful, beautiful moment. [face_love] And Sarek! I loved seeing him make an appearance. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks you guys, and Mira - I loved writing that revelation. I think it would be exactly what Spock would feel/be experiencing in the time apart and Ny would be absolutely heart-and-soul touched knowing it.

P.S. I had absolute blisses over this in the Ask thread:

I would love to write Star Trek novels. They have a great line of books going, and I would be honored to add my name to those ranks.

Woot, yeehaw, and squee! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Using translucent and transparent. :D
    Second scene is a flashback.

~~~!!

The locket is a thing of beauty, the casing surrounding the holo-still is made of translucent stones, which shimmer.
    It had been Amanda's, and the holo-still that had originally been housed had been sweet indeed!
    Now it holds another generation of parents with a new youngling.

Nyota beams with joy at the reflection of Ailynn recumbent in her daddy's arms. She herself is also in the 'still, since the hand-cam had a time-delay setting.
    Nyota hums "Return to Pooh Corner" as she tucks the locket in her most prized jewelry box.
    She remembers the moment Spock presented her with it ...

She cradled the locket in her hands and smiled warmly.

"So, where's the picture that used to be in here?"

"In a family album."

"Ha! Who's the sentimental one who decided to keep such a memento?" Nyota teased.

His eyes were laughing as he replied:
    "I will not dignify that with an answer."

"Sure, you won't." She grinned. A thought struck her. "Didn't T'Rin have this keepsake first?"

He favored her with a thoughtful frown. Not displeased but considering, as if she'd brought up a matter he hadn't realized the implications of until now.
    "I never thought to gift her with it. And until you asked, love, I didn't fathom the possible why of it."

"And what is that?" Nyota asked in frank curiosity.

Spock replied quietly:
    "Somehow it always felt, and still does feel, like it belongs to you."

She melted inside and then into his embrace with appreciation and happiness.

Nyota's tummy is warm at the memory.

Spock had always been emotionally transparent to her in their early relationship those long years ago. When they had met up with one another again, she had pondered how much of that would have to be regained.

It thrills Nyota to no end to have tangible proof that like a rose under the April snow, what had been between them had been dormant, and that in his heart of hearts, she had always reigned supreme.

+++++++

Mira_Jade [:D]

AzureAngel2 @};-

serendipityaey -- [face_batting]

earlybird-obi-wan :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also melt inside here with appreciation and happiness.

:D

7. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Aww that's beautiful and sweet! So nice to see such an affectionate memento. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet moment and a great use of the prompts.

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! You know that I melted for his reasons for not giving the locket to T'Rin. It never felt right, indeed - parted from me, but never parted, in the truest sense. [face_love] This was another beautiful snippet. [face_love][:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *purrs* Just squee! LOL ^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww so sweet! I love that Spock never thought of giving anyone the locket until her.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, listening to Paul Hardcastle's Forever Dreamin' - tell you what, perfect mood music for this one.

~~~~~

Note: Inspired by the tone in two fics I am devouring, Worth Fighting For and Chasing Dreams.

:cool:

Nyota laughs and teases Saerk over the 'comm. "Ailynn looks up to you, you know. And you're not fooling me one bit. You are secretly pleased."

He had been telling Nyota of Ailynn's pleas to gather shells to make "Mommy a pretty bracelet".

Saerk raises a tolerant eyebrow as if to say: You can think that if you wish, which is practically an admission.

Nyota laughs again and waves a kiss in farewell.

She has been on a brief trip to attend and lecture at a professional symposium.

She closes down her padd and decides to stroll around the picturesque park she has been enjoying during lunch break.

There is a fountain plashing and shimmering in the sunshine. She pauses to enjoy the play of light on water when an excited hail catches her attention.

"Nyota? Is that you? It is!"

She turns and sees an attractive gentleman with Polynesian coloring who is very familiar ... His almond eyes are flecked with gold and are sparkling at her in amazement.

"Tanner? Hello! Are you an attendee or a lecturer?"

"An attendee this time." He answers and grips her hand briefly. "I was so happy to see your name on the agenda of talks! I wanted to approach you on a project I'm working on." He tells her of a research proposal to study recently emerging languages which are offshoots of ancient, seemingly obsolete ones.

Nyota's eyes glisten with deep interest. Seven years ago, when they had briefly worked together and dated, she would have leapt at the chance. Now ...

She demurs softly. "Please keep me posted on what you find and I'll keep an eye out for the published article. I have a family now so I travel with them mostly but am pretty much groundside except for crucial selected diplomatic missions."

He frowns. "And you like that?"

Her eyes soften. "I've never, ever been happier."
    Her thoughts turn to Saerk and Ailynn with tenderness and to Spock with a rush of longing.

Suddenly she realizes Tanner has kept hold of her hand and that he is idly stroking her knuckles.
    She grimaces and pulls out of his clasp.

"I have missed you Ny." Tanner confesses.

She feels a flash of irritation. "I'm married, and bonded besides, Tanner. Our time has been long over even were that not so."

He sighs. "I am sorry I let you get away." He tells her warmly.

"That's your lookout, not mine." She retorts, wondering what the genuine motive behind the offered colleagueship had been.
    Nyota glances at her wrist chrono. "I'd best be heading back." She says. "It was nice seeing you again." Her tone conveys sharply that she does not wish to pursue any conversation beyond the absolutely professional.

When she returns home, after the first flurry of catching up and a relaxed dinner, she and her bondmate are finally alone.

She cannot keep anything from him and is not disposed to in any event.

She tells of the meeting with Tanner, not because of any lingering affection, but because of the implicit honesty between the two of them.

He favors her with a deep contemplative look.

"How was it to see him again?" He finally asks quietly.

She smiles, remembering a similar road bump in the lives of Luke and Mara Skywalker when Callista had shown up, and how that had been sweetly resolved, so very sweetly.

She reflects for a moment, and admits:
    "It was pleasant hearing about his project and seeing he looked so well. But I didn't appreciate the undercurrent - the 'if only' mixed with 'let's see what might spark' he was sending as a signal." She says finally - coolly.

Her bondmate's eyes flash with an echo of her ire, and Nyota grins inwardly realizing it is not just a part of her own feelings, but his as well.

"Feeling possessive, lover?" She purrs.

He does not answer verbally but instead scoops her up, planting heated kisses on her mouth that steal her breath.

/I love you. Even when I dated Tanner, I was thinking he didn't hold a candle to you. Not even a teensy one./ She sends across, as her hands wander hither and thither.

Spock pulls back slightly and asks softly, in astonishment:
    "You thought of me in that vein, even still?"

"Always, even when I tried not to." She laughs lowly, and captures his lips again.

Their passion which ensues is as Finrod's and Amarie's - after centuries apart - (oh how the Firstborn of Eru can love...)

+++++++

LOL and SQUEEE!!!!!!

Mira_Jade - before or after your vacay [face_batting]

earlybird-obi-wan :D

and sweetest

serendipityaey - the queen of soft and subtle mush! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and serendipityaey like this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyoa and her lovers[face_batting] She has only one truly and knows how to deal with them.
    Funny and sweet piece

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I had time to squeeze reading this one in today. ;)

And that was another beautiful entry. I loved Nyota's teasing Saerk at the beginning - seeing the bond between them deepen and grow never falls to make me smile. And then Tanner! She dealt with him swiftly and pointedly, without being rude, and that was handled well. I loved her stress on 'bonded', even after saying she was married. It really does make a world of a difference.

But my favourite part was Spock's soft sort of surprise when he realized that even during those seven years, there was still something worth clinging on to - that was a beautiful, beautiful moment you captured. [face_love]

As always, thank-you for sharing, and I can't wait to have more of these to read when I get back. [face_mischief][:D]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies

Totally there is only one true love for Ny. [face_love] :) :) [face_sigh]

And yes, I did love writing her quick and decisive handling of Tanner. Woot and the just-can't-help-it of the time apart, still more or less heart-and-soul belonging to her first love, despite not expecting literally ever to have a second chance. Awwww!

Retag for serendipityaey -- [face_batting]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so sweet! Tanner seems very bleh (who hits on a woman who's clearly married -- and even says so?). Cute moment with Noyta and Spock at the end!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks - LOL The blech factor was definitely what I was shooting for, inspired by the villain in Worth Fighting For who is a real piece of work. :eek:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Aw so great! She is a good woman, sweet, and I loved the mention of Luke and Mara! I think most relationships see that bump in one form or another. thanks!! <3

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Agreed, dear Ashley. @};- Nyota is a keeper. So! [face_dancing]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A lovely setting for this one.

Flashback moment in italics. This'll be in the form of a letter. Quotation is from Nayyirah Waheed. [face_sigh]

~~~!!

Dear Sherra:

Martinique is lovely. I haven't been here since my Gram and Poppy passed some 12 years ago; she preceded him by some 18 months. Oh, that was a hard time for me. I can tell you, not without the chief source of consolation you and I both know I wanted and needed, but had every reason to believe I would never have again.

Momma and Poppa kept the vacation house and invited us here for a week or so.

Ailynn is just old enough to enjoy it here, as I was her age when our family came here first.

The rain forests draw Saerk and I like a magnet. We spend hours poring over information files of the gorgeously unique flora and fauna. I do not want to come across anything vaguely snake like naturally. (Eek!)

Ailynn and I had a rare treat. We got to take a ride on one of the dolphins in a cove on a secluded beach. I am not sure which one of us was more thrilled!

Now, she wants everything even remotely dolphin-related. So we stocked up at one of the tourist shops nearby.

My Gram (Ailynn's Granny-Great) would have loved her. I just know it! I was feeling nostalgic.

I remembered the last time we were here. Poppa found me taking a moonlit stroll on one of the nearby plentiful beaches.

"Momma and I will be keeping the house." He told me softly, laying a hand on my shoulder.

Tears stood in my eyes. "It'll not be the same without them." I breathed on a ragged sigh.

He squeezed me.
    "We'll make happy memories again here, Nyo - you'll see."

I grinned and replied:
    "Ever the optimist."

He winked at me, lightening the mood:
    "You got that from my side of the family."

I teased.
    "And what of Momma? She's no pessimist."

"I'm the silver lining finder. She's the one for rainbows." He commented with affection.

I smiled.

There was a pause.
    "It's not just missing them you're doing, is it, baby girl? It's him.."

I felt my tummy flip. We both knew whom he meant.
    "I can't help myself. I am not really holding a torch--I know that would be futile. But the love will always be there and the wistfulness."

I gazed at Poppa. There was no recrimination in his eyes, just a bright kind of sympathy.

He hugged me outright then and I gratefully accepted the comfort he offered.

Now it was my bondmate who found me in a wistful moment of remembering.
    I shared the earlier moment with him as we held one another.
    The love in his eyes stole my breath.
    "I am here now, my own." He breathed.

I felt a rush of something akin to what Luthien must have felt when liberated from Celegorm's grip and back with Beren, the one who had known he would find her as his destiny all the way back at the pool of Dorthonion.
    "That you are, my darling - my heart's truest only love." I whispered.

He and I continued our walk in silence, adoration speaking between us without words.

Except for these, as we loved one another later in our capacious sleeping chamber:
    "The thing that both keeps me alive and brings me to my knees ... You don't even know how breathtaking you are. As you are. Says the universe through tears."

+++++++++

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!
    ^:)^ ^:)^ [face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan -- woot!

AzureAngel2 - you gotta read this one. The poem quote itself is the reason. [face_batting]

serendipityaey -- Num num.

Mira_Jade -- You knew knew I would find a home for that gorgeous off the chain quote. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww such a sad moment, but so sweet!

I do not want to come across anything vaguely snake like naturally.

Because this is a smart woman. Snakes are gross and creepy.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The rain forests draw Saerk and I like a magnet. We spend hours poring over information files of the gorgeously unique flora and fauna. I do not want to come across anything vaguely snake like naturally. (Eek!)

It was beautiful just to see a 'moment' like this captured - a real slice of life, as it were. I like seeing glimpses of their companionship as it grows. (And she is too right about the snakes. :p) Along with Nyota and Saerk, Ailynn is just precious as she grows, and it was wonderful to see this family tradition continue with another generation.

The flashback with her father was beautiful too - remembering her grandparents was bittersweet, but her sharing that pain with her father really gave a dose of healing to them both. Her father's sympathy over her relationship with Spock - or the lack of it, as it then was :( - was equally as beautiful to read. [face_love]

Her sharing that same memory with Spock was just the icing on the cake, and then -

I felt a rush of something akin to what Luthien must have felt when liberated from Celegorm's grip and back with Beren, the one who had known he would find her as his destiny all the way back at the pool of Dorthonion.

- cue the completely melting feel to start there -

"The thing that both keeps me alive and brings me to my knees ... You don't even know how breathtaking you are. As you are. Says the universe through tears."

- and that just clinched it. [face_love] Beautiful, beautiful application of the quote - and the poem as a whole. This whole entry had a wonderfully lyrical feel to it that I just adored. [face_love] =D=

As always, thank-you so much for sharing! [:D]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a moving piece, some fun with the snakes and the love and references to Beren and Luthien, perfect

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @AzureAngel2 - you gotta read this one. The poem quote itself is the reason. [face_batting]

Read it and though I am still ill with the flue, I feel a little bit more smiley now.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad to hear it and feel better soon. [:D] This poem just Fits. [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.