main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jim and Elivina stopped by for a brief visit. Part social call and part business.
    Elivina and Nyota hit it off.

"He's a deep one, all right." Was Vina's comment on Jim and Nyota laughed.

"Don't let the nerf-herder exterior fool you." Nyota quipped.

Elivina picked up an apple tart from the tray of snacks and took a happy bite. Cinnamon and caramel swirls were liberally mixed into the sweet juicy apples and the crust was flaky and light. "These are divine!" She praised. "I always wondered if he had more than a crush on you." She winked.

Nyota grinned. "Back in our old-school days, maybe, sorta. Nothing to write home about. It was Gaila who was able to give him some grand times." She chuckled and sampled a tart also. "Orions deserve their rep but Gaila was also one who had profound layers."

Vina's eyes sparkled. Her counselor's instincts told her that Nyota was the kind of friend to draw those best parts out of a person.

The proposition would come later, through official channels. But it was an intriguing one. Top-line professionals were being invited to the planet Perelandra to help build a space station equipped with parks and streams and wooded glades and single-family dwellings so that workers did not have to live apart from their families for six months to a year.

Nyota's eyes sparkled with interest.
    She and her entire family could move there and help set things up.
    "Hopefully the invitation will come for the both of you." Jim concluded, as he held a contented Ailynn on his lap.

She and her bondmate discussed it later in the evening as the moon rose overhead.

"You wouldn't go without me, if they invited just you?" She asked lowly, feeling a knot of apprehension form in her stomach.

His eyes darkened. "I hope that you would have greater trust in me than that, Nyota. I will not make such a choice again, to be voluntarily away from you for a protracted interval."

"Yet, it would not be permanent." She said, while feeling a rush of relief at his reply.

His answering kiss made her toes curl.
    "Being with you is non-negotiable." He told her when they finally parted, "It shall be an essential part of the contract if one is arranged."

Nyota laughed warmly. "We're a package deal, I take it."

"As the saying goes; yes we are." He responded, crushing her nearer.

++++++

:) [face_sigh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, I liked seeing more of Elivina here! She and Kirk really are good for each other - and she has shown herself to have excellent taste. :p [face_mischief]

And then, what an interesting job opportunity that space station is! Spock's refusal to be parted from Nyota for even a short period of time was just beautiful, though - I liked his 'not again' thought. Especially after the first time. They are a package deal, indeed! [face_love]=D=

[:D]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fully agree with Mira_Jade. package deal[face_dancing]

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    His eyes darkened. "I hope that you would have greater trust in me than that, Nyota. I will not make such a choice again, to be voluntarily away from you for a protracted interval."

He never fails to be romantic AND logical! [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And he never fails to make that a brilliant gorgeous drool-worthy combo [face_love] Has the copyright and patent both [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. @};- Very much! It's been toooooo long! LOL Hope this was worth the wait. [face_batting]

~~!

Nyota gazed out at the beautiful moons of Perelandra. The seascape was painted silver and rose by their light.

Ailynn lay nestled in her mother's arms as the glider swayed in the fragrant breeze. Ailynn had enjoyed swimming in the warm surf and then making picture puzzles with Saerk.

"Mommy, moonbeam song please?" Ailynn entreated and Nyota laughed.

Growing up, she had loved the song her momma had sung to her about moonbeams soft as gossamer that you could string together into a garland.

She sung softly and Ailynn drifted off into a peaceful sleep. Nyota rose and made her way inside to tuck Ailynn into her soft cozy bed.

Nyota gazed lovingly at the picture Ailynn made. Not too many years ago, Nyota had been sleepless for other causes ... awake because she feared what dreams would come to her. It was long past since such recollections plagued her. The contrast however did sweep over her at such moments, leaving in their wake a wellspring of gratitude.

Spock, naturally, caught the drift of her thoughts and came to join her, his eyes gentle as he too looked upon Ailynn.

"Love." She greeted warmly and they embraced tenderly.

"Nyota ... do you find yourself ..." Spock began and Nyota smiled in assurance.

"No, darling, I promise you I do not. Only except to thank the One for you and I and our second chance."

His kiss was a reverent thing and she returned it passionately.

He led her to their bedchamber where Nyota was happy to don a black lace negligee with a very revealing sheer bodice, but she was even more elated to be divested of it.

+++++

:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely moments between mother and daughter and father. They have that second change and what a nice future

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the softness and contentment of this one. [face_love] Nyota with her daughter was just a lovely moment that you captured, and this:

Nyota gazed lovingly at the picture Ailynn made. Not too many years ago, Nyota had been sleepless for other causes ... awake because she feared what dreams would come to her. It was long past since such recollections plagued her. The contrast however did sweep over her at such moments, leaving in their wake a wellspring of gratitude.

Is wonderfully worded and so very true. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee! Out. Loud. for this one.

~~~~~!

~~~~!

When they returned from the successful Perelandra mission, they settled into a 4-month guest lectureship, she in communications and sociocultural ethics of first contact. He took up courses in hard sciences and software scripting.
    A student of his was intriguing to their community: a refugee of an attack on a pilot xenocultural colony. Her mother was Vulcan, and her father Romulan. Her name was Saavik and she had known 21 summers. She had joined Starfleet and was now branching out in post-graduate studies.
    She was an exotic beauty and had the fire of Romulans blended with the coolness of Vulcans.

"Quite the mix there." Sarek heard Nyota quip one evening over dinner, and he raised a brow.

She smiled and elaborated. "The gentlemen will flock to be her study-partner I can well imagine. She probably has a hard time melding such different cultural mindsets and emotive stances."

Nyota did not know how true this was proving to be ...

Spock was struck as well by Saavik's fascinating history and racial mix. She was an astute and eager pupil in the sciences, and she often had questions and very insightful answers.
    She took to staying after the hour-and-a-half lecture to talk at length. He recalled that he and Nyota had had such a beginning all those years ago.

About a third of the way through the quarter, Saavik also queried him about his unique heritage, which was only natural. He shared the lessons he had learned about balance and finding your own path.

"It is something one needs to do, Ms. Saavik, to define for oneself what is necessary and what brings inner serenity. It may or may not correspond to what others think it should be, but you have to live by your own conscience and if you try to constrain your true nature or deny it, you will find yourself unfulfilled and adrift."

Saavik hesitated as if to reach out and clasp his hand in gratitude but thought better of it, contenting herself with a brief nod.
    Her dark eyes were thoughtful. "Thank you, so much. You have given me a great deal to think about."

To herself, Saavik had to admit she was developing a fondness for him, quite natural under the circumstances, given his dignity, intelligence, and empathy for her situation. He was also very attractive. She could not deny that.

Nyota saw the nonverbal signs of Saavik's infatuation, if that was the correct word. She had felt that herself and it had grown into love, a lifelong love.
    She did not think Spock was reciprocating those feelings, not in the slightest, but still a part of her that remembered how he had been able to choose a path apart from her - cringed every time she saw them in conversation.

Spock caught her unease and broached the subject, one evening after supper.

"Nyota, what is troubling you?"

She flushed and said hastily: "It is nothing."

He gazed at her speculatively. "Why do you feel you need to dissemble with me? There has never been a time in our relationship where there was a need for such."

"I have to work this out for myself." She answered and went out to the veranda to ponder and untangle her feelings.

She was finding this attempt at clarity and tranquility completely futile when he came to join her, with a macchiato steaming in a tall mug.
    She smiled at the proffered drink, one of her favorites.

She took a long sip as he settled next to her.
    "Spock, she is crushing on you. And she is beautiful and brilliant... If I were not here, the two of you might have ... could have ..." She trailed off.

Spock slid an arm around her and said lowly:
    "My chosen one, I feel nothing for her and would not even if you were not here. When we were not together, all those years, I found a balance, a harmony, with T'Rin. As each day passed, the irrefutable truth was brought home to me, although until I saw you again, I believed absolutely that it was pointless to avow it."

"What truth was that?" She asked, as his hand stroked her shoulder.

"That our souls were bound to one another, minds, and hearts, even if we never laid eyes on one another again. You would be the other half of me, evermore and always."

Nyota sighed, feeling the tension ease away and melt.
    "The Eldar know only one love for a lifetime, too." She breathed and leaned in for a kiss, a deep one, one which told him succinctly her trust had never faltered.

"I love you." She murmured when they parted.

"And I, you."

She finished her drink slowly, savoing the peacefulness between them.
    "You've still got it, darling." She half-teased at length. "The irresistible factor ... although I don't think it's a thing Vulcans ever lose."

His eyes glowed with amusement.
    "Would you like another drink, or the last serving of bread pudding?"

She purred: "No, the only thing I'm in the mood for is you!"

+++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Liked to see Saavik appearing. She was giving trouble.
    And Spock and Uhura are like Elder or the Dunai, drawn to each other and none else.

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I was so looking forward to reading this one since the moment you mentioned the bunny - and you did not disappoint! You can completely understand Saavik's comfort and appreciation, while at the same time feel for Nyota's unease - past events certainly left scars, no matter how happy she is now. She handled her feelings wonderfully, though, not letting her jealousy cause her to lash out, but instead talking about it. And then:

"My chosen one, I feel nothing for her and would not even if you were not here. When we were not together, all those years, I found a balance, a harmony, with T'Rin. As each day passed, the irrefutable truth was brought home to me, although until I saw you again, I believed absolutely that it was pointless to avow it."

"That our souls were bound to one another, minds, and hearts, even if we never laid eyes on one another again. You would be the other half of me, evermore and always."

I had to read that part twice just to let it sink in. There really is no truth greater than that - they are all each other needs. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So glad the tones and undercurrents came across well. [face_relieved] ;) And I agree with that summation that they are all the other needs [face_love] and I love how each experience just deepens/heightens the sense of blessedness.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: The gorgeous description of Inverness comes courtesy of Kahara in the FFAMA thread. :cool:

~~~!

Spock had participated in a symposium on Cirrolhi.
    He had met a healer who was lecturing on neuro-plasticity and cognitive therapy. Her name was Breq Chalkis.
    She had known Nyota, their paths crossing professionally some years ago.
    When she had seen his name on the list of speakers, her memory had sparked. She sought him out during the evening's reception for speakers and attendees.

"I recognized your name in the context of one of my clients. Nyota Uhura ..."

"She and I are bonded. We met one another again and discovered we wished to renew a relationship." He had responded.

Breq's eyes then sparkled. "Really? She spoke of you often ... she was one of my more challenging and yet rewarding clients. She has stayed with me, as some few have over the years. She is a brave and resilient lady."

"Yes," Spock had replied, "Very much. May I ask, Dr. Chalkis, how did she ..."

Her smile had widened, as she discerned the question. "With wistfulness, never with rancor. I am very happy you found one another again."

When he mentioned this coincidental meeting to Nyota upon his return, she frowned and then became quite still--memories flooding back.
    Len and Christine had insisted she seek counseling after the Serillious events.

She had staunchly resisted at first, not out of pride, but completely wishing to put the entire incident behind her without reliving it, more than necessary. She wanted to dive back into work as soon as she was physically cleared.
    They had worried her productivity and well-being would be irrevocably damaged if she did not seek help, and as concerned friends, had entreated.
    She had finally capitulated.

"I went for eight sessions of "talk" therapy, cognitive schema remapping, and imagery-guided relaxation. I also learned lucid dreaming as a tool." She now recalled lowly.

"Dr. Chalkis said you spoke of me." Spock commented.

Nyota shrugged. "I did."
    She had done so in the immediate aftermath of the events, as well, according to Christine, even in a semi-conscious state.

He caught this flash of memory from her now, and it was his turn to fall suddenly quiet, seized with regrets.
    "If I had been there, so much could have been prevented." He observed, tone heavy.

Nyota rose swiftly and came to him. "Darling!!!! I never blamed you, not once. Not then, nor now."

"Maybe you should have..."

"Shhh." She lavished soft assuring kisses and he returned these with fervent need, drinking her in thirstily.

She broke free, laughing. "Hey! Dinner's about ready, or I could put it on warm?"

"Yes, ashal-veh," Spock replied, "Do that."

She laughed. "Will do!"

Upon joining him again, she led him to the bedroom for a proper welcome, among other things.

Curled around one another somewhat later, she sighed in contentment. "Mmm. So how did the rest of the symposium go?"

"Very well." He answered, tracing lazy circles down her back. "I have a surprise for you..."

"Really? What?"

"A fortnight's stay at a bed-and-breakfast in Inverness, Scotland."

Nyota gave a happy squeal. "It's mid-summer there. The perfect time!"

"Yes. In the most picturesque part of town..."

"A blend of the historic and modern, where the rivers and parks collide. I will love it! The kids will also. Thanks... ever!"

He reveled in her pleasure, and the depth of her love, feeling these wash over him anew, as if for the first time.

+++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for bringing mid-summer fantasies up around the approach of mid-winter. That brightens things up from the inside out. [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    First off, Inverness. I loved that reference. (It's on my bucket-list of places to visit - and the setting of one of the novels I am about to throw your way. ;))

Then, this was a great way to take a look at the post-Serillious events without becoming too heavy or mired in angst. Just:

Her smile had widened, as she discerned the question. "With wistfulness, never with rancor. I am very happy you found one another again."

Beautiful. [face_love] Your doctor was a wonderful inclusion, as was Spock's moment of 'what-if.' But, as always, such regrets are quickly put to rights - again, I love that easy and open aspect of their relationship. [face_love]

Thanks for another beautiful update! =D=[:D]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sherralyn and Tristan are renewing their vows. Nyota is jubilant. She gazes upon Sherralyn with pleasure as she dons a gown of the lightest turquoise.

“You two deserve this moment, Sherra.” Nyota says lowly with happiness.

Sherra’s jade eyes laugh as she gazes at Nyota who is wearing a lovely outfit of the richest lavender.

“It would be about your time to renew too, girlfriend, except you took your original vows not too long ago.” Her tone is light and full of joy for her friend’s serendipitous situation, but then, she suddenly blushes, feeling she has suddenly put her foot in it, both feet!

Nyota catches her consternation and laughs, a carefree, untroubled trill. “Sherra, you are so right!” She gives a happy twirl. “You know when we were apart, I thought I could sense him as across a vast distance or as if you were snorkeling in the depths of the ocean and somehow could sense the movement of fish near the surface… We were always somehow connected … on a very intrinsic level, and nothing could quite permanently or totally disentangle it.”

“Oooh, that’s so poetic!” Sherralyn grins.

“Spock has that effect.” Nyota smiles, eyes glowing with love.

“How are the talks with the Sith-spawned Romulans going?” Sherralyn wonders, as she put on earrings to perfectly match her eyes.

Nyota scowls. “I trust them as far as I ever trusted Nom Anor, which is to say, not! But we have to put forth efforts in good faith while …”

Sherralyn completes the thought. “Preparing for a catastrophe.”

Nyota winks. “I learned how to be five steps ahead from the very best of the best.”

“I know that’s right.” Sherra replies with frank admiration and they exit the changing cubicle and headed for the Japanese-style gardens where the vows would be exchanged.

+++++++

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I liked the mix of tones and feels in this one - both with the happiness of the renewed vows (I loved Nyota's lines about being able to still 'feel' him, on some deep level, no matter how far apart they were), and the talks with the Romulans. [face_love][face_thinking]

Another most excellent update! Once more. :) [:D]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gorgeous and excellent updates

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad you were able to devour them ;) The word race in Resource and can't wait to post-itis has led to much writing. [face_laugh]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    As much as I enjoyed that one, and I did! This one =P~

SQUEE!

~~~~!

"Mom..." Saerk beckons Nyota, and she feels a thrill which has never faded with him calling her that! She comes over and he shows her a project he has been working on. "I think I know which field of study I want to go into... classifying rare and near-extinct flora on different worlds and helping to restore them to vibrancy. Do you think Father will have an objection to ...?"

Nyota caught the gist of the question and completed the thought. "You mean, will he balk at you not entering what could be called the hard sciences? I doubt it. He blazed his own trail, so to speak. As long as you find fulfillment he shall not complain."

"I almost considered going into Mother's field, but this endeavor has always sparked my fascination."

Nyota laughed. "I was that way with languages. I had an aptitude for music, also, but languages in and of themselves just called to me. Sometimes, we just know." She squeezed his shoulders.

She was correct in her assessment of Spock's reaction, and not surprised. She was blown away again as if for the first time by his open mind and stance with the kids. He was approachable and created an atmosphere of safe communication and confiding.

"Are you surprised?" He teased her later that night, catching the drift of her thoughts.

"No, just ... happy you are the way you are."

"I love you, Nyota." he murmured stroking her tresses as they spilled around them.

She smiled and replied between kisses: "Spock... I love you, more."

+++++

[face_love]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see her with Saerk and being right about choices and her thoughts about Spock

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aah, Saerk is just growing up so fast! I loved the open, easy communication between them, and Nyota's advice was spot on! Spock's own ups and downs with Sarek, so to say, were neatly sidestepped with his dealings with his own son here, and the family dynamics of this ficlet just made my day. Wonderfully thought out and portrayed! [face_love]=D=

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!!! :) I love the parental and also couple dynamic that is revealed. @};- I like conveying and implying that this specific instance is illustrative of a warm, open, caring relationship between all concerned.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE!

Out. Loud.

[face_love]

A colleague of mine who was close always to T'Rin encounters me and my family at a commemorative occasion.
    His name is Torve.

He draws me aside and asks pointedly how I could dissolve my bond with T'rin and not work at a stronger rapprochement.

I tell him frankly that it was not a matter of strengthening our relationship, and that if it were any of his concern, which it is not, my choice of bondmate is not up for question or dispute as to the wisdom and need. "It is folly to speak of things of which you know nothing; it reveals the level of ignorance and even poorer discretion." I conclude and take my leave.

Nyota senses my irritation and inquires as to the cause. I hide nothing from her, so I tell her explicitly what occurred.

She laughs, her eyes dancing with mirth. "You!! That's just priceless!"

I bask in the radiance of Nyota's essence as I clasp her hand tighter. I kiss her lightly and her warmth encircles me literally and otherwise as she returns it.

the next afternoon, I am greeted by an exuberant Ailynn.
    "Daddy! I drew this for you." She proffers a drawing of bright colors and curious swirls.

I peruse it and lift her to sit astride my shoulders, which elicits a squeal of laughter from her. "Hmmm. Interesting artwork, Ailynn." I comment, still endeavoring to decipher it.

Nyota watches the tableau we make with something tender and shining in her expression. "Darling, don't you like the water lillies?" She asks, rescuing me from my conundrum.

"Ah, yes." I answer, now realizing what Ailynn was sketching. "The purple grass on the verge ..."

Ailynn giggles. "I had some purple left over and wanted to put it in the picture." She explains.

I raise a brow in amusement, and Nyota laughs.

I set Ailynn down next to the flowers where Nyota is working diligently.
    There is a speck of dirt on the tip of Nyota's nose and even more on her hands. She does not seem to mind, as her sense radiates contentment.

"Ailynn, it's time for you to finish your lessons." Nyota reminds our daughter.

Ailynn gives a cheerful nod, rushes into the house, and comes out again with her datapadd and sits close where she can watch her mother and me together.

"I love moments like this." Nyota observes.

I slide an arm around her shoulders and pull her near. She melts into my hold.
    Her love is almost more tangible than the pleasing sensation of her nestled closely.

"I agree." I reply. "They are even more to be prized for the time we thought never to find one another again."

"Yes, that is so." She responds with ineffable satisfaction.
    She has kept her hands clasped in her lap. She notices my curiosity. "My hands are dirty." She explains with a low chuckle.

"I do not mind." I assure her, and she shrugs, then slips an arm around me in turn.

We watch the lowering sun paint the sky in myriad colors in gentle serenity.

+++++++

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ouch! How rude of Torve to openly launch into such a question like that. (One has to wonder what he feels for T'Rin, then? [face_mischief] But, Spock handled him most pointedly, and assuredly. I loved it. [face_love]

BUT, my favourite part of this was Spock and his daughter, and his trying to decipher her art! That was so very Vulcan of him, and Nyota swooping in to play the translator was just too adorable for words. The ending moments with the sunset and the reaffirmation of their happiness together was just icing on the cake while reading this. Beautifully done and wonderfully portrayed, once again. =D=[:D]