main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I fully agree with Mira_Jade
    Their daughter is a gem

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It's lovely to catch up on several chapters from this! I especially like this most recent one from Spock's perspective. He is so cute!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I do love showing his vulnerable side. [face_love]

Inspired by the "letter writing prompt" in the DWB thread in Resource & by a conversation in Daena's "Shaded Prism" thread. @};-

~~!

Ailynn knew of T'Rin. Her comm-calls and message cubes were frequent. Saerk also spoke of her, with natural warmth. Ailynn had also met her on a few occasions when she was able to visit briefly in between tours of duty. Ailynn had found her to be gracious and very approachable.

Now, Ailynn was reaching the age when curiosity and the ability to formulate certain intriguing questions was coming into fruition.

She asked her dad how it was that she and Saerk had "different mommies" and how he and "her Mommy" had met.

Spock told her that he had known Nyota long ago but that their paths had diverged. "We were forced to end our relationship, although our caring never stopped. Then T'Rin and I bonded ... and then dissolved it for professional and personal reasons. Your mother and I met again and found that, even in the interim, our feelings had not faded with the passage of time. We formalized the bonding we would have preferred to - those many years ago."

Ailynn pondered this for a moment, her lovely eyes speculating as she asked: "You won't be forced to separate from each other, someday ... will you, Daddy?"

He laid an assuring hand on her shoulder. "No, Ailynn. Nothing would induce us to part, ever."

She smiled, her world secure once more.

~~!

When Spock told Nyota of this conversation later, she sighed. "I wrote you a letter all those years ago when we parted ways. I never sent it, because ... but I found it cathartic. I debated whether to save it or not once we met up again, but Kashore said it might be something for us to share, one day."

She retrieved it from her "you" box and they read the following:

"My darling, I know I don't have the right to call you that out loud or in public. But in my heart, that's what you'll always be. I am trying very hard not to think of you, and even though at many unexpected moments, I do, sometimes it's with righteous indignation. But more often than not, it's with regret and with genuine hopes that you will find happiness and the purpose you seek. I will always cherish the time we shared and the beauty of your inner self which I was privileged to know. There is much darkness in the world, Spock, but you are all light. Nyota."

They gazed at one another tenderly, and she said: "You really are... like the Grand Admiral Thrawn's lady. All light and goodness."

Spock did not reply for another few long seconds; his eyes were gentle and reflective, when he finally said lowly: "I sometimes find myself wondering how I ever deserved you, ashal-veh, then and now."

Nyota smiled. "That goes in reverse as well, my own love." She whispered.

They embraced then, and shared many revering caresses and kisses.

++++

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely now they are together and never be parted anymore

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, this one just punched me right in the gut. I loved Ailynn's natural curiosity, and Spock's explanations and assurances. Nyota's letter was indeed cathartic then, just as it is touching now. A truly beautiful update. [face_love]=D=

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I feel Ailynn exactly, having been in her shoes, and her relief is so sweet to see! I just love Spock's response [face_love]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!!!! It definitely is a natural curiosity for someone in a "blended" family. [face_thinking] And getting those kinds of assurances ... [face_dancing]

Mira :) Definitely going for the mix of catharsis with touching. Letters are a wonderful way to show inner feelings, whether the "recipient" ever reads it or not. @};- Now, with them together, it's all good! [face_dancing]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using snow as a prompt. The part in italics is a flashback.

~~!

Nyota faced the irate sub-lieutenant, Mr. Clark Langdon, with aplomb. She had been on the panel of those who would approve a promotion.
    His written examination had been letter-perfect, but his colleagues … their reports were a bit less glowing. They were downright concerned to be frank. “His temperament is not that of a team player. You need to be innovative, but you don’t need to be overly competitive or back-biting, either.”

Rather the instigator type, Nyota surmised from their critiques. These formed the foundation and guided the scenarios the panel presented to test for on the spot decision making and also for personality strengths and flaws in a crisis.

As it turned out, his colleagues had been more than justified.

Two of the panel participants had voted to let things slide. “He may grow into the role, becoming more cooperative and conciliatory.” The others had disagreed. “Do you really want to take that chance?” They’d argued.

Finally, they had swayed the minority and passed the final decision.

Mr. Langdon had gotten it into his head that she was the one who had led the panel’s decision and been the strongest voice. As a matter of fact, this was accurate.

“Mr. Langdon, you coming in here and railing at me is not – definitely not – going to make me rethink my earlier estimation.” Nyota said crisply. “Grow a pair and deal with our decision. Act your age and perhaps you can retest in a year or so. Otherwise, you can save all of us much time and yourself much grief.”

He had glared at her, snatched up a beautiful snow-crystal sculpt from her desk and before she could do more than stare in horror, dash it to the ground in a myriad of fragments.

He had then stormed out.

She had wept bitterly. It had been a gift from her Poppie; her Grandfather had known how very much she loved gazelles and had had it made for her at a specialty shop.

“For my little Nyoo’sha gazelle.” He had said and she had beamed with pride.

~~!

All these years later, Nyota still mourned the loss of that prized possession, not only for the way, but the fact that they were rare and custom-made. She impressed upon Saerk and Ailynn her love of the wild creatures of her homeland. Ailynn took to drawing pics of gazelles and cheetahs, much to Nyota’s delight.

Her bondmate, in speaking in confidence to Kashore about wanting to give Nyota a very special anniversary gift, learned of this earlier incident and decided to surprise her with a … replica. Nothing could replace the actual gift itself, but he hoped the gesture would suffice.

“Which anniversary is this?” Kashore asked teasingly over the comm.

“Of our first, first date.” He answered, with amusement. “She insists we commemorate it, as we did before.”

“Such a romantic.” Kashore commented happily and with affection, and he did not know if she were referring to one of the other of them or both. In either case, he did not demur with her conclusion.

~~!

When Spock presented Nyota with the sculpt on that special night, her eyes filled with wonder and unspeakable joy.
    She caressed its lovely graceful lines, of a gazelle in swift and beautiful motion.
    “Oh, lover!” Her voice was a purr. “Oh, you just …”

"Do words fail you?" Spock teased, taking the sculpt from her and setting it on the bedside stand. "That is an accomplishment of rare note."

She laughed. "You're the only one who can render me speechless in so many incredible ways." She answered, and kissed him long and slow.

To borrow a quote from a wonderful source, the gratitude and love she expressed to him, by the gentle light of the moon and stars, was the stuff of legend.

+++++

Chyntuck and her great and wonderful Ayesha are the quotable source. [face_love]

9. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    What a beautiful way to use such a horrible prompt! :p (Just kidding about the prompt; they're always a lot of fun and so inspiring!).

Seriously, though, this is lovely. I like the way Nyota stood up to Mr. Langdon, and I love Spock giving her the new sculpture. Their love just shines through your writing.

To borrow a quote from a wonderful source, the gratitude and love she expressed to him, by the gentle light of the moon and stars, was the stuff of legend.

[face_love] =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota is strong in this standing up to the cruel Langdon
    And love how Spock presented her with a new sculpture

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thanks all! That was a joy to write, but so duh! [face_love] Was this. [face_dancing]

Spock took Nyota to a world of pristine waterfalls and panoramic forests and mountain vistas. Indigenous to this world were winged dragons, living in protected enclaves to avoid predation. They were a tourist attraction & his family had been guests of this place for generations. He knew that Nyota and Ailynn would love riding astride the golden Queen.

Her opalescent eyes fixed serenely on Nyota and Ailynn who was literally bouncing with excitement.

The three of them mounted while Sarek mounted a majestic bronze with Saerk behind. Saerk's eyes shone with barely restrained anticipation.

The ride was long and glorious! The view beneath, of glittering lakes and mountain glades, shining in the sun, was something Nyota would never ever forget!

Ailynn's "Look Mommy!" was half of what made the day for Nyota.

~~!

Later, when the kids were tucked into their warm beds, replete with contentment, Nyota did a happy twirl in their spacious suite.
    "Spock!" She enthused. "To top it off, her name was Ramoth. How serendipitous!"

His eyes glowed with tendernesss as he watched his bondmate's effervescent gladness. "When you came to Ennor," She breathed, as he held her closely, "How can I ever repay Jim enough for asking? I thought I would never be quite fixed again. I wasn't exactly broken ... but ... then you came and hhelped me and we found ourselves together again..." She trailed off as his mouth claimed hers, deeply, reverently.

"Only the One knows how I was blessed with the grace to have you once, Nyota, much less a second time." Spock answered, with awestruck wonder.

She squeezed him against her, and no other words were needed.

+++++

SQUGGLES Foot but I needed that!

^:)^

[face_dancing]

Boy, howdy! I did.

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhhhh, you can never go wrong with dragons - especially dragons such as these! This was as picturesque a moment as they come; I could very clearly see the world you described, and the reaffirmation of their love was beautiful to read, as always. [face_love]=D=

[:D]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! Learning from the bestest! [face_love] I think sharing such wonderful and glorious times would just bring home again how miraculous their love is. [face_dancing]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    this was beautiful after watching Eragon on DVD
    great and wonderful

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL

The bunnies keep springing out of the clover patch. :D

~!

Tergellius and Vandor were delegates of a telepathic race named the Kvrell. They had empathic healing talents as well. They wanted to export a rare mineral substance that led to stronger hull plating and import foodstuffs and seeds to offset a recent famine.

Vandor was straightforward and sincere, whereas Tergellius was too suave. He kept sticking at the provisional points of the treaty. “Four-fifths vote to become probationary members?” He demanded of Nyota at one point. He scowled and pressed against her mental shields, ostensibly feeling she was the weaker party of the negotiating team.

Commander Llewellyn glowered at the condescending tone, and Spock immediately reinforced his bondmate’s barriers. He needn’t have worried, since Nyota’s instinctive rebuff was powerful enough to make Tergellius wince.

Vandor noticed and said icily: “You want to sabotage these talks? These representatives have come in good faith, Tergellius! It’s fools like you that have stymied all our world’s efforts at recovery!”

Tergellius snapped back: “And it’s those who are gullible and soft like you, Vandor, who are holding us back!”

Spock interposed: “Gentlemen, if you cannot agree on your strategy of approach, and if you resort to underhanded and devious tactics, then we have no choice but to formally report this and our recommendations that all talks be suspended indefinitely.”

Vandor shot Tergellius a “Now see what you’ve done look!” Then he pleaded: “I too will make a formal report of Tergellius’ unforgivable behavior. He will be summarily disciplined by our leaders. I promise you, if you will give us another chance, no such will occur again, and we will honor any stipulations you proffer.”

The team exchanged glances, and each nodded. “This is fair enough.” Nyota responded for them. “We will be contacting you.”

~*~*

When they were alone, she smiled. “Darling, I was quite up to the task of repelling Tergellius. Our renewed bond is even stronger than ever it was before, and my shielding as well.”

“It would appear so. I am pleased he did not harm you, although the very fact of his attempt …”

She laughed. “I could tell you wanted to teach him a lesson. I loved how you instantly moved to – back me up.” She winked.

“I stand ready to do so at all times.” He replied with conviction.

Nyota answered: “We work together in a perfect synchrony.” Her eyes danced as she thought: We do other things in perfect sync as well.

His amusement was evident in his tone and glance. “Nyota, you seem to have a one-track mind, as the idiom runs.”

“I was thinking of our parenting styles.” She rejoined, honestly, but also teasingly.

“Of course.” He said, and drew her most willingly into an embrace. "I knew that."

"You!" She exclaimed, and they shared a deep kiss.

++++

:cool:

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, I loved seeing them in action here on a professional level, as well as a personal one. The gall of that jerk, using telepathic influences that way! :eek: But I love, love, loved Spock having her back - and this is a field she is ever gaining strength in, at that. In the end, the logical conclusion of the talks was only matched by your follow-up scene - I loved every word of that. Every word. [face_love]

Fantastic job, once again! =D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Good to see that Spock was able to help and loved what came after the talks

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ew, what a schmuck! I loved Nyota sticking up for herself :D

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Two interesting interpersonal-type conversations about relationships. :)

Ailynn with T'Mai (Sarek's bondmate) is affectionate & voluble. She calls her Nana. Akilah - is Googie. The way she is with Akilah is no different, Nyota realizes.

Spock tells her that Saerk did not know any other grandparents but Sarek and T'Mai.
    "Sarek bonded with her when Saerk was 5 seasons old." Spock had told her at one point.

"It's a hard line, though," Nyota had replied, "keeping the memories of one who is no longer around alive for the next generation in the presence of a second life-mate."

Spock had pondered this. "T'Mai does not seem to mind or find it disconcerting for us to speak of Amanda."

Nyota had laughed wryly. "Would you know if she did? She's doubtless too polite to mention it, if she did."

His eyes had flashed with amusement. "Father would know, in any event."

They had exchanged a laughing look at that point.

~!

"Admiral Kimura had a great retirement party." Nyota commented while perusing the 'net. "Whenever Jim decides to retire, we'll have to collect all the ones whose lives he's touched and surprise him."

"Hmm. Will that day ever come?" Spock asked.

She laughed. "I doubt it. We'll bury him first." She observed with genuine fondness. "It strikes me rather frequently how close you two have remained although not strictly speaking serving together. It's a tribute to you both." Her tone was tender.

He grasped her hands tightly. "He is a unique and invaluable friend."

"So are you, my own darling love." She said and kissed him with reverent delight.

+++++

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The first ficlet was an observant and an affectionate commentary. T'Mai is another great addition to their family - and, especially following the loss of Vulcan, she can all too well understand the necessity of preserving old memories/ways while allowing oneself to create those anew. It is a fine line, though, and thoughtfully presented here. [face_thinking]

And Kirk! I liked the line about having to bury him before he retires; it's too true. [face_laugh] But, most of all, I adored the look at a friendship that is still strong and enduring, no matter the universe it is written in. That was beautifully done with just a few words! [face_love]

=D=[:D]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Insightful ficklets about keeping memories alive and looking at friendships

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I am one evaporated mess with this one! The lovely term of endearment is one I discovered in a ff. :D [face_love]

~~~!

Nyota meets Mr. Reed by coincidence or accident on Rhiloth.

He is officially resigned from any branch of the ‘Fleet. (He took it upon himself to resign before he could be “drummed out.”)

He is still quite striking in appearance, with a cleft in the chin, gray-blue eyes, and a lean athletic build.

He recognizes her at once. It is in one of the curio shops, where she is buying a gift for her sister – a graceful sculpt of a swan-like avian.

He greets her with surprise and she responds coolly.
    “You are as lovely as ever… Ah come on, Nyota, you can’t still be holding a grudge?” He asks with exaggerated astonishment.

She rolls her eyes and saunters nonchalantly towards the counter, as he falls into step: “A grudge? You practically stalked me and Nurse Jana. Marc dealt with you and after our combined collaborated complaint and report, you were summarily demoted and transferred to some back-of-beyond.” She retorts. “No I don’t hold a grudge and I didn’t think of you one iota of a split second after you were gone. Don’t flatter yourself.”

Nyota now addresses the register attendant. “Could you wrap this for me, please?”

“Certainly, ma’am.” The attendant answers with a courteous smile. If she has heard/noticed any of the prior exchange, she is doubtless too much of a professional to give any sign.

Nyota pays and turns to find that Reed is loitering near one of the shelves. She wonders fleetingly if he were going to bother her with word or by daring to lay a finger on her. But she shrugs and strides purposefully out of the shop.

Later, after dinner, she speaks with gladness of the lovely work of art she was able to acquire. “The only thing that could have spoilt it, but was of not enough consequence, was I ran into a former, no-account colleague of mine. He was one of those that always thought he was irresistible to the ladies and made a true and obnoxious pest of himself, almost to the point of being a vulture. My friend and I reported him through official channels, and he was transferred.”

Spock scrutinizes her closely. “So, he harassed you.” He states with icy calm.

She nods. “Nothing more, darling. I only mention it because he acted like he and I were old friends.” She leans back in her chair and sighs. “Some fools.”

“If I had been there,” He begins, an earnest light glowing in his eyes and fervent resolve in his sense.

She leaps up from her seat, straddles his lap, then whispers between kisses: “You would have taken care of him most handily I am sure, my light in the dark…” She beams.

Spock crushes her, and returns her kisses with heated abandon.

+++++

SQUGGGGGGGLES! ^:)^

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Eugh, what the nerve of that creeper. :mad: It's sad to see a universe where Spock was not there to help her with that, no matter that she is more than capable of taking care of herself. :p [face_mischief]

Ah, but 'my light in the dark', that was just lovely to the umpteenth degree. [face_love]

A beautiful read, once again! =D=[:D]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock sure is a light in the dark and Nyota too. Love how she handled Reed

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    a hard line, though," Nyota had replied, "keeping the memories of one who is no longer around alive for the next generation in the presence of a second life-mate."

This made me tear up a little! I think it's sweet that the kids are bonding with Sarek's new wife, and that she's a graceful lady.

And ug, Reed. What a jerk.