main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Sweet moment here.

~!

Ailynn had just gotten over a brief sinus infection. She was curled up with me on the sofa watching the ‘vid of “Return of the Jedi.”

I squeezed her against me and whispered: “Now wasn’t that a grand adventure, sweetheart?”

I recalled how Miranda had sung the praises of Luke’s physique in “Empire Strikes Back” while I had enthused over Han and Leia finally admitting their feelings!

“Mommy, I want a stuffed Ewok.” Ailynn replied, and I laughed.

It wouldn’t be long until Ailynn was watching vids and doing other fun stuff at sleep-overs. She was just about the age I had been when I had my first one. Then the nightly stories and tuck-ins would dissipate, slowly, at first.
    Poppa had said that girls were slower at that than boys. He and his brothers had broken the habit faster than his sisters, although I had teased and asked, was that because they had wanted to really? He had winked and told me I was being precocious again.

A blend of all these musings sent a bittersweet pang through me, for the past, present, and near future.

~!

When Saerk and his dad sauntered in from working on a school project in the solarium, I greeted them with a smile.

Ailynn yawned.

“Want me to tuck you in?” I asked her.

“Want ya both to do it.” She said around another yawn.

~!

After we tucked her in, my dear one asked lowly: “You seem pensive, Nyota?”

“Sweet heart of mine, you know me too well! I was thinking that Ailynn will soon be too big, at least in her own estimation, for us to tuck her in. Makes me almost wish …” I trailed off and shrugged. “Not that I need another youngling, per se. But I kind of wouldn’t mind … But of course, it matters what you want as well.” I concluded, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer.

“Hmmm. It would not be something I would object to, if it happened.” He replied thoughtfully.

“Just think about it.” I said.

“You know, Nyota love, I have never found reason to object to practicing.” Spock responded with a teasing, tender tone and a caress across our bond.

I laughed. “Is that what you call it? Practicing? You’re downright genius at it, let me tell you!”

He kissed me quite thoroughly, then nuzzled my throat in a way that tickled. I laughed again. “What say we “practice” right now?” I suggested huskily.

+++++[/i]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    very sweet with the growing up of a child and the reflections of a mother.
    And the ending; practising and loving forever

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh! There is so much I adored about this one - Nyota remembering her conversation with her own father, and her watching her daughter grow (always too fast it seems!) were beautifully worded, and the idea of another youngling for our two was an idea that gave me such a goofy grin. Their practicing until then just cracked me up! [face_laugh]:p[face_love]

Really, there wasn't a word of this ficlet that was not lovely. [face_love]=D=

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so bittersweet! And I think another child sounds lovely [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Nice bit of fun here.

~!

Visiting friends in Scotland during a vacation, Nyota learned to dance the reel.

She spun and twirled and leapt from partner to partner, her laughter and glowing eyes indicating her pleasure in learning the steps.

She collapsed onto the nearest well-stuffed divan and grinned. "Elspeth, never would I have guessed Sherra was your sister! You and Gwendolyn are pure Scots through and through!"

Elspeth laughed. "Gwen and I wanted to absorb our indigenous culture, at least the fun lively parts. Sherra -- not as much. It was never something that interested her much."

Nyota replied: "My sister and I weren't very interested in learning of our indigenous culture, except for the literature and history!"

Gwendolyn strolled in with a large pitcher of strawberry wine. "Sherra's the more striking of all of us, any time we were at a school dance, she was never without a dance partner!"

Nyota smiled, loving learning more about Sherra's experiences with her sisters. Although, she admitted to herself and then aloud, Elspeth and Gwen were attractive as well, one being more auburn in coloring - the other a true brunette.

~!

Later, when she and her bondmate were alone, she twinkled at him from her position in the comfortable water bed.
    "Spock, my heart, this bed is temperature controlled." She jostled it by turning over and the water sloshed. "Oh, fun!" She grinned. "It supports you but it also has superb wave action! Get your sweet self in here!"

He joined her and slid an arm around her shoulders.

"I could tell you were enjoying the highland music tonight." Nyota teased. "And the way I was keeping up with the rhythm and the beat!"

He kissed her forehead. "I have always appreciated your zest and enthusiasm for music and your exquisite grace in movement."

"Have you now?" She murmured and snuggled closer.

/Ny'oosha./ He sent across their bond and she pounced, kissing him thoroughly.

It need hardly be mentioned that the waves were sweetly high in their bedchamber!

++++

[face_mischief]

Surf's up! [face_rofl] [face_love]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    LOL at the dancing and waterbed-waves

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, now that was a fun update! I especially, especially loved the highland dancing - you know I did. It was wonderful to see another glimpse with Nyota and her friends in this verse - and the water bed! That does sound . . . fascinating. ;)[face_mischief][face_love]

=D=[:D]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "Spock, my heart, this bed is temperature controlled."

This (and the last line as well [face_love] ) made me crack up!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota smiled as she watched her bondmate and Sarek in a lively discussion over dinner about the ramifications of a multi-cultural colony.

She weighed in as well as the meal progressed.

After, she commented to Sarek: "It never ceases to please me how sanguine you and Spock's relationship is with one another!"

Sarek's eyes shone with appreciation as he avowed: "Your influence was instrumental in that; he wanted to restore harmonious relations for our sake, but also because he knew such would retain your high estimation."

"But much of that restoring process happened after our involuntary separation." Nyota replied, in happy astonishment.

"Indeed. Despite the choice external circumstances forced upon him, Nyota, you were, as you are now, the voice of his conscience."

Nyota felt a rush of joy at the words.

Later, she told her bondmate of this talk and how touched she was by it.

"I would hope," He told her earnestly, "That if I had that choice to make over, I would do otherwise. 'What will you do when it is time to choose?' Many are faced with such a pivotal life-altering moment. You, my own Nyota, are the essential part of me that I denied then, but cannot and will not ever do in future."

She beamed.

"I love -- love you!"

"As I treasure you."

++++

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love that, even though they were apart, her opinion had such a pull over him that he repaired his relationship with his father! [face_love]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I absolutely adored this one. It's beautiful that, even while apart, her voice was still the loudest in his head. Just as beautiful is Spock's repaired relationship with his father, and Sarek getting to see his son truly happy now. [face_love]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :D I loved conceiving of her being a pivotal, continuing influence even while apart. [face_love] An indisputable and immutable truth that could not be altered or negated even while they were not together. [face_love]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota is his and pivotal in bringing son and father on good terms

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: This song by Ellie Goulding just. fits! both my OTPs.
    Like a glove. :D

*melts!*

~~!

He returns to me after a long trip where TransWeb news reports are muddled about a transport that ran afoul of an ion storm and suffered damage. It was in the same sector but thankfully, it was the one in the queue after the one he was on, that left the spaceport dock.

The kids are happy to see him, for their sakes, and mine. They picked up on my nonverbal cues of anxiety: the distraction, my gaze that could not stay concentrated on what I was looking at.

He reaches to hold me, and I turn into his embrace very willingly.
    I shiver under his gentle caresses. I give a contented sigh.

"It never gets easier, being apart from you." I whisper lowly. "I don't think it ever will."

When we were apart years ago, I had long tried to not think of how wonderful his touch was. I had varying degrees of success in that regard, to be honest. Now, it thrilled me I didn't have to rely on recollections.

"Nyota." He breathes, catching my stray thoughts.

I beam and pull back slightly. "I have news for you, part of why I was so deuced eager for you to return, my love! I've been keeping tally of the days, and I felt queasy the last couple or three days, so I went to Dr. Trilby. She told me ..." I paused for grand effect. "I'm pregnant."

Suddenly, our bond goes still, and he queries with complete composure: "Is that so?"

I frown. "We did talk about it some while back, and I went off the repressors again. I ..."

"Yes. We did discuss it." He avows readily. "However..."

"However, what?" I press.

His eyes laugh into mine and the bond flows freely with his genuine pleasure.

"You! I'll get you for that!" I exclaim, laughing, and he silences me effectively - very effectively with a long, searing kiss.

/I love you./ I send across, /I really, really do./

++++

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock and his gentle teasing. Very nice

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great blend of emotions, first her very real concern and distress and then: ahhh!! Another baby!! [face_dancing]:D They so, so deserve every happiness they can snare, and this update put such a smile on my face for their doing so. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so sweet! It must be rough on Nyota, being home with the kids, anxious and pregnant, while he's away on a dangerous mission.

Also, I absolutely adore this song!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! And that song. Just. Yum! LOL I liked contrasting the two moods, the whew! sense of relief and the exhilaration of her news with his teasing. ;)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Loving the whole idea of sonograms of wee ones. [face_love] :)

~!

Nyota and her bondmate went to see the sonogram of their burgeoning youngling. It was a moving experience, hearing the heartbeat! it had been so, for Ailynn, as well.

They held hands and gazes with a world of love exchanged in the glance and the touch.

That same evening, they sprung the happy news on both Saerk and Ailynn and also tied in with Nyota's distant family on 'vidcam.

Kashore gave a squeal of delight & Akilah beamed.

Later, Ailynn crawled into bed beside Nyota as she was sipping on a mug of steaming chocolate. "Mommy ... is the baby growing like the tiny bunnies in the story you read the other evening?"

She grinned. "Yes, sweetie. Exactly. The mommy and poppa had a miracle of nature born of their attachment to one another. Birds and dolphins do too. But people, now that's something altogether different. When a Momma and Poppa have a baby with one another, it's because they are married and cherish one another. Being made in the Creator's image, we have a capacity for love and devotion that none else have. And when this wee one comes, you'll be able to love him/her and help take care of her/him, too." She paused, squeezing Ailynn close. "And it certainly doesn't mean we love you any less than before."

She tickled Ailynn's tummy making her giggle.

The next morning, Ailynn and Saerk treated Nyota to Eggs Beneedict in bed. "Hey, you guys! What's the occasion?"

"By way of a spontaneous gesture." Saerk answered, and she grinned. "You, you're more like your father every day." She tenderly approved.

Saerk quirked a brow of approval at her and she laughed. "Case in point."

Speaking of whom, he told her that missions apart would cease forthwith and they would be groundside for the foreseeable future.

"That suits me just fine!" Nyota answered. "I am going to be working with Dr. LaVoy on neurological studies and language and dreams - and the language of dreams."

"That project sounds fascinating." He remarked, and she melted. "I will be helping Ambassador Tuvor on overtures to the Bajorans." He told her.

They shared a contented glance. They would tell each other about their work concepts and ideas, as usual. Confiding in one another was an integral part of their daily routine. If that was ever interrupted, it would feel dauntingly strange.

+++
    :) [face_sigh]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see the family staying together and Ailynn and Saerk loving her so much

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    There were so many little moments I loved in this one - hearing the heartbeat, telling the family, her natural every-day-confiding in Spock, her quiet moment with Ailynn! Each of them were perfectly beautiful in their own right, and I can't tell you which one I preferred the most. Saerk's 'spontaneous gesture' had me laugh outright. Ah, that kid! So much like his father, it's true! [face_love]

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Saerk being so thoughtful! [face_love]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. This deals with a flashback in a different font followed by the present moment.
    Inspired by this gorgeous, gorgeous song!

I grinned as my dad strolled in. "Now what have you got to be so happy about?" He fierce growled. "Kashore told us what happened on Ennor." He held onto his scowl, but I laughed.

"Poppa! You're not fooling me, just like your gruff manner didn't fool Kashore when Dajan came courting. You saw how happy he made her, and that made all the difference. Plus he's a charming smart guy, better than all the others she could have wound up with! Much!"

"Nyota..." He answered. "Are you sure you're not getting your hopes up, again?"

I beamed. I held his gaze for a long moment. "I'm totally certain, Poppa. This time's different."

He dropped the ferocious Wookiee-style intimidation and hugged me tightly.
    "Then we're happy for you, baby girl. Truly."

"Thank you, oh, thank you!" I hugged back.

I felt validated in my trust and love for my bondmate all over again, remembering that early moment so soon after our reconciliation. I gazed tenderly at him, now, as the sun started to rise.

I leaned in to kiss his eyes open.

"I've been falling into you for a very long time, Spock, my heart. A crazy long time, forever..."

He tightened his hold on me then kissed me gently.
    "Ashal-veh, are you in a particular mood, this morning?"

"Aren't I always?" I asked, with a low laugh.

"You are being rhetorical, once more." He replied, and obliged my amorous intent, beginning with languorous appreciative caressing.

++++++

A sloggy SQUEE!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love her dad being so protective! What a good poppa :D

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Poppa's should all be that way. Lovely post