main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek, AU] The Other Half Of Me. S/U--Romance. Completed: March 4!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 30, 2013.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great family picture of perfection for Nyota and Spock.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Authorly Note: I have enjoyed writing the parallel/other side of the story and I have succeeded in falling in love with S/U all over again!

Italicized portions are quotes from "Hundred Stars."

____

RX_Sith --

earlybird-obi-wan ----

Mira_Jade

~~~~~~~

Nyota & I sspeak softly of her future plans against the backdrop of a striking Ennorian sunset. The fragrance of the blooms in the gardens wafts to us, but we are focused on one another.

"I really want to visit my family briefly, before I settle anywhere." She says with eager anticipation. "Assure them I'm whole and fine, again. Better than ever, actually."

I tell her unequivocally that she will be up to the task of free-lancing and publishing; and a peaceful world is definitely a respite she has more than earned.

Sheyan III and Antian Prime - these she throws out with a dancing, daring sparkle to her eyes.

I tentatively offer an 'invitation.'

"Saerk will enjoy spending time with you." I admit.

She grins, and her tone is teasing, hopeful.
    "So would I, with him. And you? Would you like spending more time with me?"

I cannot find adequate words for a reply.

She smiles, as I close the distance between us.

Something bright as a nova blazes as she returns my kiss.

The years melt away, as our caresses intermingle.

We discover we cannot hold one another close enough.

Nyota is humbled by all she is, has always been to me. The scope and entirety of all the worlds cannot contain it.

/I had thought that I had given up the right to this forever. I cast this aside, and you would have every right to refuse me again. It would be logical, and yet, I find myself feeling ....

/Never, my very darling love./

Her determination and resolve shine in her eyes - to never lose us again.

We feel complete, now - as the ocean that has found the shore, like stars that are in their correct orbits.

I pull back, still cupping her face tenderly. Our minds are less entwined, but the mutual awareness still thrums between us.

Her eyes are brimming, and I see her choice in her eyes.

“I want to go home,” she remarks.

"No starship ..." I reply. "No world in particular."

“With you,” she whispers. “I want to go with you.”

I release a breath I did not know I was holding.

"Home," I agree, and draw her near again, not slaked in the slightest.

Later, I hold her and we bask in our newly-found physical and emotive nearness.

Nyota confides:
    "When you left, (just up and left) so I told myself without a thought for me, I wanted so much to think that you had never truly cared for me. I eventually had short-lived relationships with guys I liked to think I could respect and trust and care for. But ... none of them were you. When I was truly honest with myself, I knew you had loved me genuinely. The anger was a defense, a way to try and fall out of love."

I answer:
    "Did you succeed?"

She laughs.
    "You see the results, don't you? I never fell out. Never could quite bring myself to. That's why falling back in love feels so natural. And, so, what about you?" There is a teasing light in her eyes. "I suppose you never actually got over me, either."

I quote a times-long classic passage:
    "This is at last bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh. No, Nyota, I did not."

"You just are -- I have missed you!"

"Yes." I reply, kissing her deeply, breathlessly. "As I have you."

"Never again." She promises.

"Absolutely, my cherished one." I breathe, crushing her even closer.

+++++

D'awwwoon!

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And speaking of falling in love all over again - here I am now! [face_love][face_love] This was heartfelt and tender and lyrical all at once. You could practically feel the wonder of newfound - or, refound, rather - love, and, as always, I love seeing yet another side of this world through your POV. I particularly liked the 'bone of my bones' line. It was too beautiful for words! [face_love]=D=

Once again, thank-you for sharing these insights with us! [face_love][:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    poetic and insightful piece. Loved to see all sides of the romance and love

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great and insightful delving into the beautiful romance and love that Nyota and Spock will always share together.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :) Thanks for the terrific reviews. Re-found love is a treat & a joy to explore, definitely. [face_love]