main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Beyond] Five Year Mission [Updated 6/27/2016][*Spoilers*]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, May 22, 2013.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [Star Trek Beyond] Five Year Mission (Updated 6/27/16) ***SPOILERS***

Author: RX_Sith

Fandom: After Star Trek Into Darkness

Characters: All of the crew of the Enterprise and more

Genre: Action, humor, and bromance

Summary: The Enterprise crew now commences its five year mission thus continuing its voyages of discovering strange new worlds and boldly going where no one has gone before.

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me, but I can still at least kick the doors.

A/N: This will be based the events that occur during the Enterprise's Five Year Mission. It will obviously have a good deal of mush, logic, emotions, stories and ideas from both TOS and the movies with now the Star Trek 2009 crew as altered by the timeline and featuring the story lines of both movies plus hopefully what will happen before the next movie which will be around 2016-17.

Five Year Mission: The Beginning

Captain's Log: As we embark on our five year mission to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before, I still can't get certain images from our encounter with Harrison out of my mind. He and his crew have been placed back in their cryogenic chambers, but I wonder what will happen when they are thawed out again...

The first stop was more of a thank you than anything as we were getting ready to orbit the New Vulcan Colony. Sarek and Spock Prime stated that they had something special in store for not only the other Spock and Nyota, but the rest of the crew as well.

Stopping for shore leave before we actually go towards the nether regions of space was something that I did not oppose. It would be good to set the tone early of a relaxed mission that I hope would follow. Enjoying time with any kind of family before we left for five long years was just the recipe that we all needed to remind us of what we would be missing; family, friendships, and Earth itself.

"All hands, this is the Captain," Kirk announced, "I am implementing the maximum allowed shore leave parties to take this time to thank the Vulcans for the assistance they provided us in conquering Harrison and his henchmen. We will have only a minimum crew aboard to carry out the routine tasks at hand, so enjoy your stay. We will leave orbit in five days. Enjoy them as much as you can since I do not know when the next chance will be to do so. Kirk out."

Spock and Nyota beamed directly to Spock Prime's and Sarek's location and personally thanked them for their help. Spock Prime showed Spock and Nyota a small little cottage that he and Sarek personally built for them. They thanked him immensely for his kindness and the gift of a home.

"This is yours to do as you please," Spock Prime announced, "Consider it a token of gratitude and enjoy the time that you will have in the future developing your home and the land around it as you desire."

Nyota planted a kiss upon Spock Prime's cheek, "Thank you," she simply stated, "Logically, we will use it wisely."

Spock chuckled a bit at her use of the word logically and then saw the look in his elder self's expression as well, "We will live long and prosper within it."

They all then had dinner at Spock Prime's house where they enjoyed the comraderie of their Vulcan hosts, who were surprisingly jovial, considering that they were Vulcans. Music was playing and Spock and Nyota took the time to dance as the festive music made them sway each other lovingly and passionately around the open room.

"Prosper indeed we will," Spock spoke eloquently towards his love, Nyota, "It has always been my desire to have a home on my homeworld, even if it's a new one."

"Yes, new and exciting things I am sure will become of the times that we will spend here," Nyota agreed, "It makes my heart sing and flutter like a butterfly every time that I am with you."

Spock kissed her deeply and they slow danced closely keeping their eyes locked on each other as the music faded into the background as their connection grew closer and closer. Nyota felt as if she was dancing on air as her thoughts playfully raced along with his of the intimate and passionate times they would have in their cottage.

After a few hours, they graciously bid goodbye to their hosts and relaxed upon their goose-feathered bed inside of the cottage that took away all of the worries and horrors that they had faced during the past weeks and months. They melted into each other and kissed and rubbed each other intimately until the morning dusk echoed their passion.

Kirk had personally set aside time with Carole Marcus to get to know her better. He liked her tremendously and was considering taking it further if she was open to his advances. It seemed like his time of goofing around with many women had now taken a back seat towards considering the possibilities of an actual relationship.

He decided he would go slowly; he did not want to push things this time around or have a fling just because he had gotten drunk or bored. He did not know for sure if she was the one for him or not at the moment, but considered the possibility worth seeing if it would develop into something more serious then the previous hook-ups he had done.

He walked her purposely through the botanical garden on the ship and placed a white rose into her hair. It matched her beauty perfectly for the moment that they were sharing. He planted a smooth and wet kiss upon her lips that oozed with the taste of peppermint.

"That was quite exhilarating," he remarked openly to her, "I hope that wasn't too fast."

She answered by kissing him deeply in return as they mingled within the flower beds.

To Be Continued...

Kurisan likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! So, babe, it begins!!! [face_dancing] SQUEEEEEE! Now, I shall, as well. Huggles! And I shall also fandom tag my thread like yours. ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, it begins. [face_dancing] What a sweet opening - for both Nyota and Spock, and Kirk and Carole. I am very intrigued where these five years will take this crew, in more ways than one. [face_thinking]

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's a great start to these adventures. :D

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woohoo you started a sequel! Can't wait to see where this goes :D

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely beginning with many possibilities

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Yes, great starts by both of us in starting Star Trek's Five Year Mission featuring the new crew. :D

Mira_Jade

Well, hopefully the five years will be glorious ones for everyone involved. :)

Hazel

Thanks for your support as always. [face_dancing]

NYCitygurl

Thanks for your readership as well. [face_party]

earlybird-obi-wan

Don't your mean with infinite possibilities? ;)

The Beginning: From New Vulcan to New Frontiers

Nyota awoke on the fifth day to the sound of water from the little spring that lapped around the back of their cottage. She walked outside and smelled the flowers in bloom as they stood higher than the ones on Earth did. She could not believe how beautiful and exquisite New Vulcan was and had enjoyed the last five days there tremendously. Of course, partaking in love's passions with Spock calmed and soothed her soul as she melted into his waiting arms as she re-entered the cottage.

"I'm going to miss this," she freely admitted to him, "It's so calming and peaceful; a perfect spot for relaxation and more."

"Well, it's the more that I'm sure you would admit that you'll miss the most," he teased her lovingly as he gave her a big wet kiss that she hungrily accepted, "It has been a rather pleasant time, hasn't it?"

"Pleasant huh?" she queried him about his lack of using more appropriate wordage, "How about exhilarating, exciting, ecstatic, etc."

"Of course that is what I implied," he agreed with her verbiage, "Exquisite beyond compare."

"Now that's more like it," she oozed into his arms and nuzzled his chin and ears with much contempt, "Exquisite beyond compare."

Back on the Enterprise, a mysterious person was programming in some coordinates into the ship's navi-computer. It eased its way around the controls like a professional as it punched in more than one set of coordinates.

"Now, my dear Captain," it stated with a menace that echoed inside of the empty room, "I hope that you and your illustrious crew are prepared for what awaits you in your travels to the unknown."

It then disappeared into the shadows as a crew member walked his rounds and glanced at where the mysterious figure had just been.

"I guess I was just hearing things," Cadet Jenson stated to himself, "Ah, back to my menial task of rounds again, I guess."

Cadet Jenson preceded back towards his rounds of walking the ship to ensure that all systems were operational and nothing was amiss on the near empty vessel.

Jim Kirk had never prided himself with being a dapper host to anyone, especially a woman. But, this time as he set up the dinner table for his date with Carole Marcus, he thought to himself that maybe, just maybe, she could become a part of his life and more.

As she beeped at the door, he caught his breath quickly and opened it. He welcomed her in and made sure to pull out her chair as she got seated. He then opened some Romulan Ale that he had acquired and pour some of the bluish liquor into two separate glasses.

"To us," he simply toasted her as he seated himself, "And to the possibilities of more."

"More is always good," Carole toasted him back, "I do enjoy our time together immensely."

"As do I," Kirk responded in kind, "I want us to do this right and I'm willing to take as long of a time as you require, if necessary."

"That's great," she remarked, "But, I don't mind if we get acquainted quickly if that is what you really want."

"I want this to matter," he stated matter-of-factly, "It's something that I don't want to rush and I'm sure that you don't want to either."

She smiled broadly at him as they both swigged the Romulan Ale, "Boy, that's some good stuff you acquired there."

"Only the best for the occasion," he bragged boastfully, "To us and the possibilities of more."

"To us and more," she swigged another toast as they soon drifted off to his bed together.

To Be Continued...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kirk is a ladies man.

Love the scene between Spock and Uhura and the new threat

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A mysterious new threat. I wonder what will happen...

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The first scene you know what I did with that one!!!!! SQUEEEE!!!!! The second one -- bravo on setting up the eekness. =D= You sandwiched that in nicely LOL The third scene ... I enjoyed that too. :D I'm sorta trying to uncouple Jim with a certain other ... [face_sigh] I'm sure that'll come. ;) I love this twice a week posting schedule though. [face_dancing]

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to agree with Deb about the . . . oddness of learning to ship Jim with someone else. But I am enjoying the transition so far. [face_love] And eek! Just what was that going on in the second part there? . . . [face_thinking][face_worried]

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, passion and peril are about. :rolleyes:

Hazel

Just the usual dramatic stuff. [face_worried]

Jade_eyes

Yes, meekness and eekness all rolled into one. [face_nail_biting]

Mira_Jade

Well, Jim and any woman is bound to take time to set up the parameters of their possible potential as a couple. :confused:

A/N: Inspired by Deb's two truths and a lie! [face_praying]

The Beginning: One Last Trip on New Vulcan

As Nyota and Spock prepared to leave from their shore leave, there was one last thing that Nyota wanted to do.

"Look at the hilltop," she motioned to Spock.

There he could see a hot air balloon perched at the top.

"Are you excited!" she teased him relentlessly as they reached the balloon and climbed in, "It's alright, I've done this numerous times before."

"And that makes this the first time for me," he stated matter-of-factly, "Odd that I've never considered it before."

"I'll say," she teased him some more as she fired up the hot air that made the balloon start to rise up from the ground, "See, no problem."

As the balloon reached 1000 feet up in the air, Nyota leveled it off so that they could enjoy their trip. They saw birds flying close by and it was a very unique experience since this was the first time for Spock and Nyota was ascertaining his peculiarities from such a trip.

"Well, care to describe your feelings being up here perched with only hot air holding us up," she inquired wondering what he was truly feeling as both a Vulcan and a Human, "It's alright, I won't laugh or anything."

"Laughing with your hot air might actually help in this occasion," he now teased her, "As for the other elements of our particular voyage with gravity's peril awaiting any unexpected ailments that may arise, I am indebted into your gracious hands for our safe return."

"Wow, that's an understatement if I ever heard one," she teased him back as she guided them back towards where they had started, "All that you have to say is thanks for the memories."

"Thanks for the memories," he leaned in to kiss her as they finally touched down to the ground again and then they proceeded to disembark from the balloon, "Now, perhaps one other final indulgence before we beam up."

"And that would be?" she openly wondered as her heart pounded rejoicing over his announcement.

"A slight alteration of plans should allow us to hit the hay and rumble about in it," he announced eloquently with an arching eyebrow, "Catch my drift."

"Oh, I caught it alright," she sunk into him as they bounced on their bed inside of their cottage, "Open your arms and squeeze while I do likewise."

To Be Continued...

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yowsa and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Can we have them do nothing but that and this and more of that [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!! That was lovely and delightful. [:D] !!!

earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup what a delightful scene, passion before the tension of missions to come

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I see theybare stocking up before the journey. That was lovely !

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That was just lovely to read. Really, nothing more needs to be said. [face_love]=D=

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Love the inspiration :D What a cute scene!

18. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Great story here. Enjoying seeing Spock and Uhura interact, and you have them spot on.

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Well, if I only had romantic scenes between Spock and Uhuru then the other members of the Enterprise might get jealous. :p

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, great moments do await our illustrious crew though. :cool:

Hazel

Who needs to stock up on anything when romance is more readily available. [face_love]

Mira_Jade

Yes it was and thanks as always. :D

NYCitygurl

More cute than words obviously. :)

Nightvision91

Yes, well since Spock and Uhuru had time available, they decided to use it wisely. [face_party]

The Beginning: First Mission Missteps

There's always the feeling that on the first mission that you get the kinks out of the armor so to speak, but for Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise, they had faced some rather difficult obstacles already, so if something wrong did happen, then they felt like they would be prepared to handle it.

Of course, once they punched in the first set of coordinates and then the ship went in an entirely different direction then what they had intended, Kirk began to worry that once again Starfleet's Section 31 had purposely caused another malfunction on his ship.

"Get me Starfleet," Kirk demanded, "Tell them that this is not funny in the least. We are headed straight for a region that no one has ever been to. Now, normally, that wouldn't worry me, but since we were supposed to be monitoring the Klingon borders to make sure that they were not building up for an offensive, it does make it rather suspicious that we are headed in exactly the opposite direction."

Of course Starfleet told Kirk that they had nothing to do with it, but then Kirk asked specifically if Section 31 had once again interfered with the ship as before when Admiral Marcus had made sure that it would be adrift in Klingon space. Once again Starfleet reiterated that Section 31 had been disbanded since the death of Admiral Marcus, but still Kirk wondered who exactly might still be around from its secret existence.

"This is getting us nowhere," Kirk stated exasperated as he threw his hands into the air for effect, "Time to our destination."

"We should be arriving at the farthest regions of space that have ever been explored in three days, Captain," Spock dutifully reported on their unintended destination.

"Thanks," Kirk shrugged his shoulders giving up his cause to now change their course, "Well, until then, you have the conn Mr. Spock."

Kirk excused himself from the Bridge. He knew that he didn't want to leave for that three day period from the Bridge no matter what, but considering the circumstances and the fact that they could not change their course, he simply didn't want to deal with the failure of even Scotty finding the culprit for their course change. So, he simply made a date with Carol and decided that he might as well enjoy the time off before something more serious warranted his attention.

Of course, due to Mr. Spock being left in charge for that extended of a time did not go over well with Lieutenant Uhuru. Kirk simply told her that Spock had the option to let Sulu take the conn as well, which after some arm twisting and begging Uhuru finally got Spock to do.

"Well, that took longer than I hoped for us to have some time together, you know," Uhuru simply stated to Spock, "I know that we had a great time on New Vulcan, but surely we need some time as well aboard the Enterprise to ourselves as well, don't you agree?"

"I do, Nyota," Spock spoke softly and eloquently towards her, "But seeing as our first mission has been purposely sabotaged, I was delving into the probabilities that once we reach our destination that something more wrong will probably happen."

"And if it does, then I'm sure that we can deal with it then," Nyota simply suggested, "After all, it's still two days away until we get there and you've hardly left the Bridge at all since Captain Kirk gave you the chair."

"I was simply performing my duties to the utmost of my abilities," Spock reminder her, "I must find out who perpetrated the events that have led to the predicament at hand. There could be more than one set of coordinates programmed into the ship's computer. We must get control back of the ship, otherwise we are merely pawns to someone else's game."

"I understand," Nyota relented knowing that what Spock told her was the truth. They could be at the mercy of one destination after another that could place them in more peril then even they were prepared to face. "Go back to the Bridge if that's where you need to be," she kissed him deeply.

"I will, but first, a little reprieve is not out of order," he stated as he kissed her back and closed the doors to their quarters.

Kirk had enjoyed the last two days with Carol and taking her out to the botanical garden and even inviting her to his quarters. They were getting along more smoothly then even he had thought they would. As the third day neared though, he couldn't get the thought out of his head that he needed to be back on the Bridge trying to figure out what else wrong might happen.

He gave her one final kiss and told her that he needed to get back to his duties as Captain. Forsaking them for so long even to attend to her had probably not been the best idea considering that they might face some dangers that they would not be prepared to solve.

"Until next time," he simply stated to her as he exited her quarters this time, "I have enjoyed the last couple days with you immensely, but duty calls."

"Oh, please don't let me ever be the one holding you back from your duties, Jim," she told him truthfully, "I don't ever want to come between you and your command of the ship. That would be terrible."

Kirk turned and knew that she would understand the times that he would have to be away from her. As Captain, he did not have the same luxuries that others had. Yes, he had the rank, but in essence that meant that he had to be responsible not only for his actions, but for his crew's as well. If they were not prepared due to him not being there and giving them guidance, then it simply meant that he was still not ready for the chair.

But, once Admiral Pike had died, he had promised to himself to never let the feelings of failure or irresponsibility cloud his judgment again. He now realized that was precisely what had occurred when he took advantage of the time available. It was a mistake that he would not repeat, he told himself. Not again, not ever again.

To Be Continued...

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful wonderful scenes. =D= [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some R and R before the action

22. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Another great installment. I am glad Kirk asks the questions that most people don't in his position. Need to keep an eye on those pesky klingons.

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice update! This mission is starting out well.

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Yes, some great moments for Spock and Nyota along with Jim and Carol. [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, R and R definitely helps sometimes. :)

Nightvision91

Being a Starfleet Captain and obviously curious about their predicament is understandable for Kirk to question Starfleet. [face_nail_biting]

Hazel

Not really, but then again what mission ever does. [face_worried]

The Beginning: Arrival at the Unknown

As the Enterprise entered orbit around the unknown planet in an unknown system, Spock scanned for any signs of life.

"Captain," he reported, "There is no one on the planet at all. We seem to have been sent to an empty rock in space."

"Well, catalog as much information as possible about this system and planet," Kirk ordered, "Is it safe for us to beam down to the surface?"

"According to my readings, the radiation from the planet's sun prevents any prolonged exposure," Spock explained, "But a limited time of a few hours along with getting treatment from Doctor McCoy beforehand would be necessary first. I could stay for a longer time period with the same precautions."

"Alright, let's limit the away party to no more than four people then," Kirk announced, "Spock, since you are more immune to the radiation, you can lead the landing party with three others for up to three hours. I don't want to expose anyone any longer than necessary."

"Understood," Spock obliged his orders as he selected a xenobiologist; Marla McGivers, along with Carol Marcus, and Sulu.

They beamed down to the planet and scanned the vast wasteland that they had beamed to. The planet was very rocky, with little vegetation around due to the effects of the radiation from the planet's sun. A few active volcanoes spewed furrows of smoke and crimson dust into the atmosphere just at the horizon.

Spock scanned the particles that scattered into the atmosphere and saw that huge deposits of dilithium were present in the materials. He contacted Kirk with their findings which were astronomically off the charts.

"This planet is a dilithium haven, Captain," he reported, "But due to the briefness of our ability to stay on the planet's surface, we have no safe means of harvesting it."

"That's too bad," Kirk remarked openly, "Catalog your findings and we'll report them to Starfleet so that they can send a mining vessel here to get the dilithium deposits."

As their three hour window neared ending, Spock contacted the Enterprise to beam everyone back aboard the ship.

"We are ready to return," he told Chekov in the transporter room.

"Alright," Chekov replied, "We will beam one person at a time into the Sickbay decontamination rooms. Standby."

The energizing beams commenced towards beaming Marla McGivers first, then Carol Marcus was beamed aboard follow by Lieutenant Sulu, and finally Mr. Spock. As they were each examined and decontaminated in the decontamination rooms, Doctor McCoy watched the results to ensure that everyone was once again treated for radiation exposure and safe from contamination.

"Well, Ms. McGivers, Ms. Marcus, and Mr. Sulu, you are all fine," McCoy reported, "You will just have to wait three hours for the full process to be completed. As for you, Mr. Spock, you only have to wait one hour."

"Thank you, Doctor," they all stated as they waited for the required time to be done. Mr. Spock exited from his room first and went to his and Nyota's quarters to tell her of what they had found.

"Wow, there's definitely more than enough dilithium on this planet to build a conglomeration of Starships," she remarked, "I can't believe that we were sent here purposely just to find such a treasure."

"Yes, it is odd that such a world exists," Spock mused, "How fortunate for us that we just so happened to be programmed into finding it."

"You still don't have control of the ship yet?" Uhuru inquired.

"No, but it shouldn't be much longer before we do," Spock told her as he gave her a kiss, "I am at the moment off duty for the next day due to our exposure to the planet. That obviously leaves us time to have many pleasurable experiences."

"I'd love that," she squealed as she gave him a long and lingering kiss, "No time like the present to enjoy your time off."

To Be Continued...

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intriguing find and glad no one was harmed by the exposure. Woot! A day off to ... romp and play together [face_dancing] I love how they cannot get enough of each other. [face_love] !!!!!! It doesn't hurt a darn thing and it adds a lot to indicate they have such moments. A wonderful treat to read.

I missed this RX. I was going through Trek withdrawals. ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.