main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Beyond] Five Year Mission [Updated 6/27/2016][*Spoilers*]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, May 22, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's the great thing about ships - they can be replaced (and upgraded) somewhat easily. Just give it the same name and be on your way.

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! Now THAT was a whirlwind of a post. It was sad beyond words to watch the Enterprise go. :(

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Destruction scenes are never easy to write about especially that of the Enterprise. [face_worried]

Nyota's Heart

Yes, things will definitely be different now that the Enterprise is gone. :_|

Hazel

Yes, but as Scotty would say, the more fancier you make the ship, the easier it is to mess up the plumbing. [face_bleh]

Mira_Jade

Yes, a sad ending to a great ship is never easy to go through. [face_pumpkin]

Losses That Keep on Mounting

It had been over a month now since the destruction of the Enterprise and still Captain Kirk was as lost as a little child without a ship to command. His crew had been reassigned while Starfleet conducted an investigation into the incident. It was not going well for him and even Carole Marcus had been reassigned once Starfleet discovered that she was pregnant with his child.

And so Starfleet had no choice but to let Kirk wait about as it put him on administrative leave. He had lost his ship, his crew, and everything else that was important to him including his career he thought as he wondered about aimlessly in his home in Iowa. He had never thought that he would ever come back to his home state let alone have a house there, but it seemed like the last best hope that he had left.

He missed the journey amongst the stars as he looked at the darkening sky as the first set of stars peered into the bleakness of his soul. They whispered dreams of triumph over adversaries that he sorely missed. Khan's whereabouts neither he nor Starfleet knew about. And yet, despite the Enterprise's loss, the Klingons had turned their aggression towards the Romulans and had been attacking them relentlessly according to reports.

It seemed that with Starfleet's best ship out of the way, it would mean easy access for the Klingons to attack Earth's defenses, and yet, they were attacking the Romulans instead. "Why?" Kirk openly wondered to himself would they not attack the Federation when it was at its weakest. And then the answer came to him as easily as he wondered it, "Because, the Romulans were more of a threat then the Federation".

The Klingons were merciless, but attacked those who were more threatening then the once mighty Federation. They would attack Earth once the Enterprise and the Federation were renewed; for now, they simply attacked the ones who they wanted to the most.

He looked at the horizon, one so vast than he had ever noticed before; it taunted him with memories of better times in better places than where he was at the moment. He was at a loss to connect to that horizon again; and yet he yearned to triumph over it just one more time.

Spock and Nyota each manned their posts on the Republic as it circled the New Vulcan colony. Meeting once again with his elder self, Spock questioned whether he should stay in Starfleet or just stay on the New Vulcan colony to help restore his culture. Things had not been going so well for Spock Prime and the rest of the Vulcans on the new colony.

They were having issues not only the planet itself, but with the resources that were readily available to them. Their farms had been not producing to their maximum effectiveness and thus their was a shortage of food despite the low number of Vulcans that lived there. Some had left the colony once hard times had begun to set it and it was becoming harder to convince those still staying around to do so.

"I'm at a loss to explain our predicament," Spock Prime stated to the younger Spock and Nyota, "It seems that despite the calculations that I and the rest of our society have concluded are correct, that our plants still do not grow."

"I will look into it," the younger Spock told him, "Perhaps a fresh set of eyes and the newest Federation advances will help your predicament."

"I sincerely hope so," Spock Prime remarked grimly, "Otherwise, most have stated that they will not stay if another bad crop is produced. Most are convinced that this new colony is not the best place for us to be and I am starting to agree with their point of view. If we do not correct these deficiencies, then I see our race as splintered as a tree after it is chopped down."

"We'll help you out as much as we can," Nyota beamed in, "If you are meant to be somewhere else, then we'll help in that cause too if that is what is meant to be."

"So logical," Spock Prime commented her, "I can see where I erred before; I am so glad that you did not," he told the younger Spock, "Maybe another planet is where we should be. Maybe I shouldn't be so stubborn as to not see plainly what I could not before."

"We will find out for certain," the younger Spock told him, "There may be something wrong occurring or other factors that may be making your crops bad."

"I will notify the others," Spock Prime announced, "We will make one last attempt and then if it just as bad, then we will make preparations to leave and find a new home."

To Be Continued...

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sad times for the Enterprise crewmembers. Young Spock and Uhura should come up with plans
    [face_dancing] very pleased to see your story continuing.

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great to see Spock Prime again. :)

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RX, great introspection in the first scene - poor boo is grounded :( Second scene -- wow, the colony is at a crossroads. Yes, Nyota's sense of sympathy and good common sense -- among other things ... she is perfect for Spock, and I am proud the younger one realized it!!!! ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Very, very nice update. I feel awful for Kirk, and it is just heartbreaking how the new colony is progressing. But, any post with Spock Prime is wonderful to read. I hope that Spock will be able to help. [face_love]

Here's to hoping for an upwards spin for everyone soon! [:D]

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Good plans for the colony are at least what new eyes can come up with for the Vulcans. :D

Hazel

Yes, anytime that I get to use him it adds to the story. ;)

Nyota's Heart

It's hard to sometimes reconcile when things go badly; Kirk has had both his ship and his relationship taken from him. And, obviously Nyota knows what would happen if she and Spock do not fix what is wrong with the colony. [face_worried]

Mira_Jade

Kirk's losses are very impactful while those on the colony are just as much considering Spock Prime's dilemma if they have to go somewhere else.

Now or Never

The time on the New Vulcan Colony was like a blur as days turned into weeks and now almost a month had passed for Nyota and Spock on the Colony. They were granted extended leave by Starfleet to try to fix the problems on the colony. The Republic was due back in a week though and that was all that Starfleet would allow them to have though.

Working nearly non-stop, both Spock Prime and his younger counterpart tried everything imaginable to find the cause of the planet's problems. Finding out that someone had purposely poisoned the ground where they had been planting only made matters worse. Someone was hellbent on them leaving their new home and finding the culprit was only going to make the short time they had left seem unattainable for the proper outcome.

"This poisoning of not only the ground, but the water system as well is most foreboding," the younger Spock stated to the Colony's group of leaders which included Spock Prime as one of its members, "It will take quite some time before the planet will ever be able to produce food again."

That somber conclusion did not sit well with the leaders of the Colony as they now started to argue over what to do next.

"We have no choice but to leave now," Bondac, one of the leaders gave his vote towards, "Those who are in favor, raise your hands."

Nearly half of the leaders raised their hands to his vote.

"Are we going to constantly run from our problems, "Spock Prime chastised those who had voted to leave, "We might not be able to do something now, but leaving is not the right choice at the moment."

Again, nearly half agreed with his influence tying those who wanted to leave. That left just a small group of five whose votes one way or another would result in a decision being made. They were allowed 24 hours to think about which way they wanted to vote and then that would decide the Colony's fate.

"It must be hard on you to see so much of what you tried to do come down to how the remaining five members vote tomorrow," Nyota solemnly remarked to Spock Prime as he still was working on a quicker resolution to the Colony's predicament.

"It is what it is," Spock Prime told her simply, "Whether we stay or go will ultimately decide not on this Colony's destiny, but that of our race."

"And that is what troubles you the most, isn't it?" Nyota queried him.

"Yes," Spock Prime quipped, "Our race seems destined to never be together as one again; just haphazardly placed as the stars in the sky."

"And that is such a bad thing," Nyota openly wondered, "After all, humans have gladly settled on other planets besides Earth and enjoyed the differences."

"But Vulcans are not meant for such folly," Spock Prime reminder her, "We are a race that had been on our planet for ages without any desire to live elsewhere."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Nyota somberly replied, "It must be terrible to think about Nero's decision to destroy Vulcan and how it has affected your race and your life."

"It was all my fault," Spock Prime freely admitted, "If I hadn't gone back in time to cheat death like Kirk had done, then neither I nor my race would be in this predicament."

Nyota did not know what else to say as she left to go to her Spock, "He's right you know, it is his fault that Vulcan is no more."

"That is true," Spock told her as he held her close, "But, sometimes things happen for a reason; whether good or bad; it is simply life and time that we are experiencing."

"And that time is running short for your race though," Nyota sobbed into his arms, "It's so sad to see it ebb towards a downward spiral into a splintered Colony at best."

"Maybe that is what is best," Spock remarked openly, "Maybe we are meant to be now amongst the stars just as humans are; with a Colony for comfort, but never a home, never a solution."

The next day came and the remaining five members all voted to leave thus changing the destiny of the Vulcan race forever. Where would they now go? What would happen next? What would they do now?

As many now prepared to leave to search for a new home, Spock Prime and a few remaining Vulcans decided they wanted to come aboard the Republic to search for their new destination. As they beamed aboard the ship to forever leave behind the now defunct Vulcan Colony, it caused Spock Prime to actually smile as he stepped off of the transporter pad.

"Where to?" the younger Spock asked inquisitively.

"Earth," Spock Prime answered immediately, "I wish to go to Earth. Someone who is as loss as I am needs my help there and I will help him."

"Kirk," Nyota beamed with a wide smile.

"Yes," Spock Prime smiled back, "It seems we are destined to be together no matter what the circumstances may be."

To Be Continued...

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Two Spocks for Kirk. That will be nice.
    An interesting update

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. What a pivotal decision the leaders had to make, and so much riding on either choice. [face_thinking] One thing you can say though, Vulcans don't waste time wrangling and bickering and shifting blame nonproductively. :rolleyes:

Loved Ny's talk with Spock Prime. You can feel her strong wishing that a best/happy solution can be found. And the overriding sense of puzzlement: who sabotaged the colony and won't they do it again? [face_nail_biting] Definitely a hard choice, but hopefully it will turn out for the good.

~~

I loved this:

"But, sometimes things happen for a reason; whether good or bad; it is simply life and time that we are experiencing." The wisdom of Solomon. [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!

Woot! Looking forward to what happens next, as Spock Prime helps Jim out of his tight spot. [face_dancing] @};-

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Looks like Kirk will have his hands filled with Spocks :p

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That is one handful =P~ =P~ !!! this lady would not begrudge in the slightest. :* :*

RX_Sith likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! That was emotionally charged again. I am sad about the decision to leave - especially for Spock Prime. Sad, and worried. Who is to say that whoever was poisoning the land won't just follow? It's a nasty, awful situation, and it is heartbreaking that they have to face that after everything else.

I, like Deb, had this line sock me in the gut though:

"That is true," Spock told her as he held her close, "But, sometimes things happen for a reason; whether good or bad; it is simply life and time that we are experiencing."

Just perfect. [face_love] =D=

I am glad that Kirk is going to get a double dose of Spock though. It is just what he needs. [face_love]

=D=

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Well, as they say, two is better than one. :D

Nyota's Heart

Arguing wouldn't have accomplished anything and Vulcan's don't argue; they do sometimes disagree. ;)

Hazel

Yes, two birds in a hand is better than one. o_O

Mira_Jade

Well, it does leave some questions as to who purposely wanted the Vulcan's to leave their New Colony and why; which is some of what this next post be about. :)

More Questions then Answers

As the Republic orbited Earth while both Spock's disembarked along with Nyota, they beamed right outside of Kirk's new residence in Iowa.

"You think he will answer the door?" the younger Spock queried his elder self.

"It would be most logical for him to do so," Spock Prime answered, "But, knowing him as you and I both do, we should be prepared for him not to do so as well."

They knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. No one had come after about a minute of waiting.

"Oh, just go in," Nyota barged her way past both of them opening the unlocked door, "Jim, are you here?"

Kirk was fixing himself a hearty breakfast and looked rather perturbed at the guest who had just come into his home without him answering the door, "Care to explain your entrance. I was fixing myself breakfast."

"We knocked and there was no answer, so we thought you might need some help," Nyota fibbed with a smile, "Besides, you need us."

He again looked over the happy trio and sighed, "Alright, lucky for all of you, I was making an extra big helping anyway. Care to eat?"

"We would love to," Nyota beamed with another smirk as she nudged on her Spock.

"Yes, that would be appreciated," the younger Spock remarked, "We have some rather gloomy news."

"Well, unless it's that I've been demoted to Commander, then I think it can wait until we are done eating," Kirk replied as he started to serve them the breakfast he had been preparing, "Eat up, everyone."

They enjoyed the meal that they had together as they shared stories mostly of getting into and out of serious situations.

"Ah, the good times," Kirk sighed quietly as he finished his breakfast, "It would be nice to get back out there."

"That's what we are here for," Spock Prime announced, "It seems that someone has poisoned the soil on the New Vulcan Colony and a majority of the race voted to search elsewhere for a new home."

"And you want me to help you find your new home?" Kirk wondered.

"No, we need to find out who would do such a thing and why," Spock Prime told him seriously, "Otherwise, they could strike again at wherever we decide to settle next."

"A rather logical conclusion," Kirk summarized, "So, how can I help then?"

"Come with us on the Republic as we have gathered all of the evidence available and look for whatever we've obviously missed," Spock Prime told him plainly, "After that, you can come back here if you want to."

"And if I don't want to come back here?" Kirk openly wondered, "Then what?"

"Help me rebuild the next Vulcan Colony then," Spock Prime stated hopefully, "It will at least give you a purposeful setting."

"Alright, I'm in," Kirk told him as he shook Spock Prime's hand, "It definitely beats moping around here."

"Exactly!" the younger Spock and Nyota shouted together, "Now let's go!"

They practically grabbed Kirk as they wondered back outside of Kirk's home and then beamed up to the Republic. Kirk cringed slightly though as this would be his first voyage not in the Captain's seat as he stepped off of the transporter pad.

"Welcome to the Republic," Captain Thomas Brady welcomed him aboard the ship, "I've personally assigned you to the VIP's quarters."

"Thank you, Captain," Kirk shook his hand, "Well, I guess we'll soon commence our next adventure then."

"We're on route to a possible new location for the next Vulcan Colony as we speak," Captain Brady told him, "We should arrive within three days time."

"Good, that will give me just enough time to sober up then," Kirk stated as he went towards the Mess Hall for some alcoholic beverages.

To Be Continued...

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Super duper! I like them delving into the mystery and unmasking the saboteur. :) :) I really am intrigued by this AU you have here. Your Jim without a ship is very! different. Rather like Solo without the Falcon :oops: ;) But having this major undertaking and helping in an excellent cause is a great antidote. :cool:

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spocks and Nyota to the action and grabbing Kirk along for the ride. It seems Kirk has a problem

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh Jim...

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: :_| Hazel noticed it too. [face_nail_biting]

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

There were many unanswered questions regarding the Vulcans deciding to leave the New Colony and finding out their cause is extremely paramount considering the consequences if they occur again once they re-settle. [face_nail_biting]

earlybird-obi-wan

The main problem is that Kirk is without a ship; his other problems are thereby more problematic due to that more than anything else. [face_worried]

Hazel

Yes... oh Jim, indeed. [face_thinking]

Lost and Found

The stars never looked as bleak before his eyes as they did now to James T. Kirk as he stared out of the Atrium into the deep recesses of space. He missed his purpose in life desperately; to command a Starship, and being on the Republic just made matters worse.

They would be joining the Vulcan delegation tomorrow for a look at the next location for the New Vulcan Colony and still there were many unanswered questions remaining from the eviction from their previous home. What would happen if they occurred again? Who was behind this mission to split the Vulcan race apart? When would he be able to have his own ship again?

The last question stunned him the most considering that it was the one that would remain as an open wound that could not be healed. The remorse and regret that he felt was undeniable, but still, he know had this mission to at least get his mind off of his failure. It was all that he had left. Everything else had been taken away from him. He was now as lost as he had ever been out here in space and it was a feeling that he wished he could shut off.

"Do you think that this new location will work out?" Nyota openly queried both Spock's for an answer.

"If it's meant to be," Spock Prime stated eloquently, "Then perhaps so."

"It seems to be the last and best chance for our race to stay together," the younger Spock remarked reflectively, "If we are meant to."

Both were similar responses, both were hopeful for this to be the place that the Vulcan race could call home and yet, it seemed like once Nero had destroyed their original world, that the Vulcan race would never be the same again. Their previous attempt had ended in failure due to sabotage and even if they caught whoever did it, there would always be some contempt that they were a dying race; never again meant to matter.

The Republic entered orbit around the prospective planet as landing crews beamed down to survey the planet. It would take about a week to ensure that this world could support the Vulcan's and their needs. Kirk made a point to be on the first survey team along with Nyota and both Spock's as they went towards the tropical area of the planet. It looked very beautiful and reminded Nyota of Hawaii and its sandy beaches. The string of islands that they could see from the mountain top brought a serene and calm look upon the quartet as they looked upon the sheer beauty of this world.

"If you guys don't want this planet, there's no doubt Starfleet would use it for extended shore leave occasions," Kirk remarked upon the beauty of the landscape, "It's amazing that it hasn't been colonized before considering the similarities to Earth."

"That's what worries me," Spock Prime cautioned their enthusiasm, "Why is this world uninhabited?"

"It is located just beyond normal expeditionary travels," the younger Spock stated, "Maybe, it was just a matter of time before someone found it."

"It's just so beautiful," Nyota gushed, "Location or not; worries or not, it definitely needs to be settled by somebody."

"I agree," Spock Prime announced, "Let's continue our survey. We still have plenty of time to discover this planet's treasures."

"You both go ahead for a little while," Nyota practically shooed Kirk and Spock Prime away, "I want to stay here over night," she beamed a wide smile at her Spock, "If you don't mind accompanying me?"

"We'll meet you tomorrow," the younger Spock stated as he pulled Nyota close to him, "No time like the present to enjoy the view."

"Enjoy Spock?" Kirk openly wondered, "Alright, we'll leave you love birds alone. Just don't do anything that I would normally do."

"Don't worry," Nyota gushed happily, "We will!"

To Be Continued...

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The Jim-reflecting scene -- [:D] [:D] !! This world sounds lovely! And delightfully out of the high-travelled lanes of potential adversaries, not likely to be stumbled upon by some nefarious types looking to exploit. [face_thinking] I am happy the survey team split up; ;) why not take advantage of the pretty & serene scene to get in some hot couple time? [face_dancing] Yowsa!

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I doubt Spock and Muita will get much surveying done ;)

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, what a beautiful planet! Even though I have to wonder just why it hasn't been settled yet - like Spock Prime said. [face_thinking] But I do hope that the Vulcans have found a home here - the alternative is just crushing to consider. :(

And Nyota and Spock at the end! [face_love][face_laugh] Sweet and fun to read to lighten up the more grim over-tones. But, with such a view to enjoy, who can blame them? [face_mischief][face_love]

=D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A beautiful planet, but why are there no settlers? Trouble brewing?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hasn't there been enough? :rolleyes:

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

Yes, a great locale that will hopefully bring about the Vulcan's reunification. :D

Hazel

Yes, when a beautiful setting encourages some love time then yes, other things can wait. [face_love]

Mira_Jade

Yes, hopefully everything will work out for this new location. :)

earlybird-obi-wan

Who knows? [face_whistling]

Welcome to your New Home

After a month of surveying and no causes to leave, the Vulcan's decided to settle on the gorgeous planet more out of necessity than anything else. Some wanted to continue looking for a more suitable Vulcan-type of world and the Elders and Spock Prime stated that they could do so if that is what they truly wanted to do.

So, again, Vulcan welcomed a new home to settle upon, while others continued to venture out among the stars. Would their race truly ever be united; probably not Spock Prime concluded, but at least this new world would give them once again a purpose again; that of the survival of their race.

Jim had enjoyed his time away from Earth and was in no hurry to go back, so when the Republic was called away for further explanation he decided to remain among the remaining Vulcan's.

"Don't worry, I'll be alright," he had told Nyota and the younger Spock as they had to beam back aboard the Republic, "I'll just enjoy the view here for awhile and assist where I can."

That had left them at least relieved to know that Spock Prime would at least have some company while they carried out the Federation's latest mission. Kirk confided in Spock Prime that indeed he missed being in command of a ship, but at least this opportunity was something that would suffice for now.

"You know, I can help in more ways than one," Kirk motioned with his arms flexed as he proceeded to chop some wood, "Nothing better than chopping wood to take my mind off of my problems."

"I can speak with Starfleet to let them know of their error in relieving you," Spock Prime told him sincerely, "You may feel like you have a purpose here, but truthfully their is but one true purpose for you; that of command of a Starship."

"I appreciate the support, Spock," Kirk beamed with pride at him, "But, really, if I wanted your help, I would have asked."

"No, you wouldn't," Spock Prime remarked in kind, "I will contact them immediately."

"Thanks," Kirk responded proudly, "It's good to know that you still care about me."

"I care that you have what should have never been taken from you," Spock Prime told him truthfully, "You will have another ship, I promise."

A few days passed with nothing in reply from Starfleet to Spock Prime's queries and this disturbed him that Starfleet did not want to even acknowledge his assessment of the situation. Because he knew that Starfleet would probably stall as long as possible, Spock Prime decided that a mission would have to be undertaken for his friend. He prepared the necessary equipment and other necessities for the trip to Earth that he would make with Kirk.

When Spock Prime told Kirk what was going to occur, he tried to explain to him that is was pointless for them to think that Starfleet would do anything special even when they arrived.

"Don't worry, Jim," Spock Prime told him, "From my resources, I have found a ship that we will take if necessary."

"Just like old times, Spock Prime," Kirk remembered from the time that he had sacrificed for Bones in the previous timeline due to his mind-meld with Spock Prime, "You know that did not exactly end well."

"No, but this time we have surprise on our side," Spock Prime remarked, "After all, it hasn't been done before yet."

They arrived on Earth with Starfleet purposely posting security around Starfleet Headquarters to ensure that Kirk would not get a briefing held. Spock Prime, meanwhile entered and personally told Starfleet of their misguided intentions.

"Listen, Ambassador," the Starfleet representative stated to him, "Any chance that Kirk had of ever being Captain of a Starship again disappeared once he lost his ship."

"But those were extreme circumstances," Spock Prime begged for Kirk, "Surely, with Khan still lose, you must realize that he is a threat to the Federation."

"Khan was last in league with the Klingons," the Starfleet representative responded, "He's either dead, or has escaped to regions unknown."

"All the more reason to search for him," Spock Prime suggested, "He will resurface again, I can promise you that."

"When he does, we will take care of him then," the Starfleet representative urged him now to leave, "I must go now."

With that the short meeting was over as quickly as it had started. Spock Prime turned and left Starfleet Headquarters and headed towards the local bar where Kirk waited for him.

"Well?" Kirk asked him upon entering.

"The answer is no," Spock Prime stated quickly, "So we will obviously go anyway."

"Good," Kirk smacked him on the back, "It's great to have backup like you and the rest."

They immediately beamed up to the Vulcan vessel that they had arrived in and set coordinates for the Federation Starship Factory that still existed close to Jupiter that was still being run by Section 31.

"I hear the new ship that they are building there is even more advanced then the previous Dreadnaught-Class vessel that Admiral Marcus used," Kirk remarked to Spock Prime, "Surely we can't just leave with it without any problems."

"We can and we will," Spock Prime assured him as he pulled out his communicator, "Mr. Scott, are you ready?"

"Ready and waiting for you two," Scotty stated proudly, "You won't believe this new ship, Captain."

"Captain?" Kirk openly wondered.

"That's right," Spock Prime announced, "You will be Captain of this new ship, I promise."

"Well, so much for my illustrious career," Kirk moaned for just a second, "But, then again, Captain does have a nice ring to it."

To Be Continued...