main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Beyond] Five Year Mission [Updated 6/27/2016][*Spoilers*]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, May 22, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a nice and easy stop. I wonder what Marla will be doing without Khan to lead her astray.

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Perhaps they'll find something pivotal and mysterious that she can help with, relating to her specialty. [face_thinking]

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    A very interesting stop for them! It's nice to see more of the exploratory side of Starfleet here. :)

And an hour off duty gives one so many possibilities. [face_mischief]:p Excelled updated, RX! =D=[:D]

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A dilithium haven or hell?
    Intriguing chapter

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Yes, great findings and great collaborations are the testaments of our illustrious crew as they explore the unknown, but still have time for more romantic entanglements. [:D]

Hazel

Who knows, maybe Khan will show up. [face_skull]

Mira_Jade

Yes, exploration is one of the great qualities of TOS and many are saying that the current movies so far have not featured any, so hopefully this will have to suffice. :)

earlybird-obi-wan

We shall see... we shall see. [face_whistling]

Enemies of my Enemy

The Klingon High Council meeting had come to order as they discussed the events that had been occurring to them previously.

"We must strike back at the Federation for their treacherous games," Mordor, the Klingon High Council President stated viciously, "The acts of this Captain James Tiberius Kirk cannot go unpunished."

"And what do you propose?" Duhart, a member of the High Council inquired, "They are constantly monitoring our border with the Federation; we cannot cross it without being detected."

Suddenly a mysterious figure dressed in a long trench coat with a hood materialized in the center of the room. "Perhaps a new technology will give you the edge that you desire to exact your revenge upon the Federation," it spat out with a hiss, "After all, war is war, but revenge is sweeter."

"And who are you to offer us any help?" Duhart questioned this mysterious visitor as he drew his weapon and prepared to fire, "How dare you beam into our secret meeting. I'll have you killed for that!"

"Oh... wouldn't you want what I offer first before all these unpleasant things that the Federation has done to you happen again?" It posed, "You'd be missing on the opportunity of a lifetime, I assure you of that."

"We don't have time for this filth!" Duhart stated as he fired his weapon at the figure who merely deflected his blast right back at the Klingon Council Member thus killing him.

"As I was saying," the mysterious visitor grinned through his hidden face, "We can do this the hard way or the easy way. Anyone else want to do it the hard way?"

No one moved as their eyes tried to peer through this mysterious person's cloak. "We will listen," Mordor responded with some slight apprehension to his tone, "We obviously have no choice."

"Oh... you have a choice," the mysterious visitor told him, "But, you have made the correct one. Let me now show you how to not only win against the Federation, but to leave them begging for your mercy which I know you will never give them."

Back on the dilithium-enriched world that they presently orbited, the Enterprise was waiting for the mining vessel to arrive before they departed towards what hopefully would be their next non-tampered destination.

"How much longer will it take to restore our navigation?" Kirk inquired of his First Officer, "We got extremely lucky that whoever programmed this destination at least showed us a planet that will become very beneficial for the Federation."

"We have control back now," Spock told him, "It's just a matter of time though before we can cleanse the system of any stored data that might still pose a risk towards our future travels."

"So we can go wherever we want then?" Kirk wanted to make sure that was what Spock was telling him.

"Yes, Captain," Spock explained further, "But, until we know for certain that the ship's computer's have been expunged from any other implanted data, I would suggest that we at least wait until the mining vessel arrives before we depart. By that time, we should have all systems cleaned."

"Alright, we'll play it safe for now," Kirk agreed with his assessment, "In the meantime, let's study the planet a little bit further then to make sure that we've found everything that we can about it."

"A very righteous cause," Spock stated in agreement as well, "I will beam down again if you want me to."

"That will not be necessary," Kirk responded with caution, "After all, you want to play it safe, so it's best to avoid any prolonged exposure to the radioactive elements of the planet. I'm sure that you can adjust the scanners instead to peer further into the planet's core."

"That I can do," Spock started to get to work on the adjustments needed to do so on his tricorder, "I will let you know what we uncover once the scanners have been realigned."

"Dismissed," Kirk stated as the meeting ended as he motioned for McCoy to stay behind for a few moments, "Any side effects?"

"As far as I can tell, everyone is decontaminated with no side effects remaining," McCoy told him, "I don't see why you didn't let him go back to the surface since there are no residual effects from their exposure."

"I'm just being cautious," Kirk told his friend, "After all, I wouldn't want your Sickbay to start glowing in the dark or anything."

"That's not damn funny," McCoy responded surly, "See you later, you rascal."

To Be Continued...

Nightvision91 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Who's under that cloak? Palpy or Cadeus? :eek: !!!!! [face_nail_biting] Glad Jim is being cautious, you can never be until you've protected yourselves from any likely hazards. Definitely want a clean computer system :p Love McCoy's snark. ;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some Sithly business? [face_thinking]:eek:

McCoy is very funny[face_dancing]

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

From Jade_eyes to Nyota's Heart and through Spock's Ears I will never tell who that cloaked evildoer was..... Alright, maybe later... [face_relieved]

earlybird-obi-wan

More mysteries than a hoard of Horta's could burrow through. :confused:

Nyota's Heart and Spock's Ears

The ship was finally back under the control of Kirk and his crew. The mining vessel had started to mine the vast dilithium deposits on the newly discovered planet and the ship was programmed to go to its original destination of monitoring the Neutral Zone near the Klingon border.

The journey would last nearly a month due to ensuring that all of the kinks and bugs were truly extinguished from the ship's data banks. That left some significant time for everyone who wanted to relax the time to do so.

Of course, for Nyota and Spock that meant time to caress each other and do other romantic interludes as time allowed, which at this particular junction allowed Nyota to gently nibble on Spock's ear that she had purposely placed a dabble or two of whipped cream onto.

"Simply delicious," she purred as she licked the whipped cream off of his ears, "Care to have some."

"I am sufficed to enjoy the pleasures of your playful heart," Spock told her eloquently, "But if I can spread some whip cream on some more intimate locations, then I would not object to tasting that."

"Go ahead," Nyota teased him voraciously, "I dare you."

He did just that and Nyota squee'd in enjoyment from the rather provocative placement of the whip cream upon her body. After they had finished, they went to the shower to rinse off and engage in even more intimate touching.

Romulus had been a shell of its former self after the incident involving Nero and it was practically relegated to the constant political squabbles that ensued afterwards. No one wanted to challenge the Federation anymore due to their attempt to resolve the situation, but still others wanted revenge due to his destruction nonetheless.

The mysterious cloaked figure this time materialized inside of the Romulan's Courtyard where they openly gazed in amazement at its arrival.

"Who are you and what do you want?" One of the Romulan's leader, Pantik wondered.

"I am merely a traveler," it spoke purposely, "Who has the means to give you the upper hand on the Federation."

"Why would you do that?" Pantik questioned it again.

"Well..." it started, "It would allow you to be just as powerful as the Klingons whom I have also given this special ability to."

"What do we have to pay for this special ability?" Pantik inquired, "How do we know that it is the same as what you have given to the Klingons?"

"The payment is simply the destruction of as much of the Federation due to this special ability as possible," it stated precisely and then showed them exactly what it was as they watched the Klingon Warship use the technology to destroy a Federation Outpost, "Well... any other questions?"

The Romulans merely watched the video over and over in amazement as a sinister smile lingered upon both their faces and the face of their mysterious visitor.

"Captain, the Federation has reported that both the Klingons and the Romulans have been attacking and destroying Federation Outposts along the Neutral Zone," Uhuru reported to Kirk.

"How can that be happening?" Kirk openly wondered, "Why haven't these Outposts been notifying us of their crossing into the Neutral Zone?"

"That is unknown as the time, Captain," Uhuru told him from the report, "Even the Federation is unsure of how they can be destroyed with no visual confirmation of the attackers."

"We have no choice but to proceed at maximum warp towards the Neutral Zone," Kirk ordered, "We must find out exactly what is going on."

To Be Continued...

Nightvision91 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was magnificent, the first scene Hazel come in here and squee over this too. LOL Yeah, I may have to ... do something something with that. [face_dancing] And let me say, mysteries involving first the Klingons and a masked figure and now the Romulans -- bravo on the cliffies/edge of seatness. [face_love] !! =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very fun indeed!! [face_love]

And here come the Romulans, I'm thinking they will team up with the Klingons.

Nyota's Heart and RX_Sith like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    creepy Romulans siding with that figure.

loved the scene with Uhura and Spock

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota's Heart

Yes, nummies galore then mysteries galore! =P~

Hazel

A very distinct possibility since they did team up in TOS. [face_skull]

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, Romulans and Klingons now both involved with the unknown. :eek:

The Streets of San Francisco

The explosion rocked the area close to Starfleet Headquarters as everyone ran towards safety. The building that just collapsed was a mere block away from Starfleet Headquarters and had been scheduled to be demolished soon anyway so that Starfleet could expand its Headquarters even further. Now, those plans might have to be rethought since obviously this was a message to Starfleet.

Vice Admiral Brody looked at the wreckage and the surveillance photos showed a conspicuous looking figure in a large cloak that completely covered their face. It was practically a smudge on the photo since the figure obviously had been moving at a rapid pace.

"This doesn't look good at all," she commented to the other Starfleet Admirals and officials that had come together for their meeting, "Also, we have a more serious problem that has occurred that obviously this explosion was a diversion to get our Starfleet Officers pulled away from their other locations to study this bombing."

Admiral Ponmita looked over the information that now was being sent to everyone's screens, "If this is true, then we are in much more trouble than we have ever been in our lifetime," he remarked apprehensively at the information that lingered upon his screen, "We must find out who did this and why."

"The why is obviously to free not only the most dangerous villain that anyone has come across," Vice Admiral Brody responded, "But to also cause widespread panic even here on Earth. Khan and his men must be found. All ships are to be notified within the hour. His re-capture is the number one priority now."

The Enterprise was still a day away from the Klingon-Federation border when the news was dispatched to the ship of Khan and his men's apparent breakout from their secret location in San Francisco. It caused Kirk to pause to make sure that he was actually reading the correct message.

"Khan and his men have escaped," Vice Admiral Brody kept repeating, "All Federation vessels are to be on the lookout for any kind of activity which may be considered an act of terrorism."

"We will monitor the same location where we first found Khan on Q'onos," Kirk stated, "It's highly unlikely he would go back to there though."

"Still, you can never trust the Klingons or anyone else who might want to get their hands on his expertise with not only Federation technology, but to our secret locations as well," Vice Admiral Brody told him, "You will still monitor the Klingon border for any kind of suspicious activity. Brody out."

The thought of Khan helping the Klingons did disturb Kirk tremendously. After all, what better of a way to get back at the Federation then with one of its enemies. But still, Kirk felt like Khan might just be in that same location due to the way that it was in a location not known to have any Klingon settlements.

Because of the transfusion of blood that he had received from Khan, Kirk had more of a connection to him than anyone. "We will be taking out the ship from the Mudd Incident again," he told his crew, "Khan is on Q'onos. I can feel it."

To Be Continued...

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW Khan again stirring up big trouble

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Khan is like Palpy, keeps returning :p Yikes. Need to put him in a Sun Crusher and stuff him deep in the Maw. :rolleyes: =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Khan is back! I am both excited and terrified. [face_worried]

16. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Oh man Khan back in the game. That can never bode well.

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Wooohooo! Khan is back, and that leaves open so many possibilities. Great job setting up the intrigue - I can't wait to see where this goes. =D=

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, now it will be again a match of brains versus brawn as Kirk and Khan will soon meet again. :cool:

Nyota's Heart

Khan will always keep coming back to inflict harm against those that oppose him. [face_mischief]

Hazel

Yes, Khan certainly makes things frightening and intriguing for sure. [face_skull]

Nightvision91

Things tend to not go well at first. [face_worried]

Mira_Jade

Khan's return is both foreboding and intriguing as who knows what he'll do next. [face_bleh]

Khan's Trek to Qo'nos

It was quite easy for Khan to return to Qo'nos where he had previously made a little establishment that he had used before to escape from the Federation. This time though he knew that he could not stay for long since undoubtedly the Federation would come looking for him again and therefore he knew that Kirk would be the one to find him again.

It seemed like destiny now how they were linked by his blood. He had learned that Doctor McCoy had used his blood to revive the once dead Captain and now they shared a connection that he wished he could sever, but knew that the link was actually a blessing in disguise; he felt Kirk closing in on his location and knew how to frame him.

He contacted the Klingons beforehand to let them know that the man who escaped from their clutches due to him the first time would be delivered to them this time. It was a relishing thought to both the Klingons and Khan as they had forged this minor alliance to capture James T. Kirk. The Klingons would then get their retribution upon Kirk for the embarrassing incident beforehand and Khan would get to go to anywhere he wanted to.

It was a win-win scenario that Khan obviously knew he could not afford to lose this time. It was a perfect plan; he knew that Kirk would disregard order's if he had to in regards to recapturing him and he would use Kirk's recklessness against him. He saw the ship touch down and signaled his Klingon cohorts that Kirk had arrived. The trap was set and Kirk had walked straight to it. It was almost too easy.

"Captain, may I suggest that we do this as quickly as possible," Spock reported as he scanned for life signs, "Scanners show that Khan is alone, but there are many Klingons very close by as well."

"He obviously wants us to come to him," Kirk responded, "Of course if we do that then I am sure that the Klingons will arrive shortly thereafter."

"A precise conclusion," Spock agreed with him, "So do we change our course of plans or keep them?"

"We keep them," Kirk ordered, "After all, why disappoint Khan or the Klingons?"

"Because you want to," Spock told him, "Right?"

Kirk contacted the Enterprise, "Scotty, are you ready?"

"We're set here, Captain," Scotty remarked, "Just give the word."

"The word is given," Kirk ordered, "Warp speed."

Instantly a barrage of phaser and photon torpedo fire blanketed the landscape surrounding Khan's location. The surrounding landscape was ablaze in fire that Khan saw just two men appear through.

"Well, we've tried it your way, Khan," Kirk remarked, "Are you game for a rematch?"

"You arrogant fool!" Khan spat at him as the Klingons beamed into their location surrounding Kirk and Spock, "As you see, I am more than prepared for your assault."

Kirk and Spock instantly hit the deck as another barrage of phaser and photon torpedo fire ripped apart more of the surrounding landscape. As the smoke cleared, the Klingons saw no presence of Kirk, Spock, or Khan. They had all disappeared.

Once again in the Brig, Khan stood as Kirk and Spock looked upon their captive.

"Neat little trick, huh?" Kirk beamed at him.

"You may have gotten me this far, but I was prepared for that," Khan sneered at him as he appeared to be waiting for something. The ship suddenly rocked as it was being pummelled by Klingon warships.

"Captain, they appeared out of nowhere," Sulu reported, "Three Klingon Warships that are trying to surround us."

"Engage Warp Drive," Kirk ordered.

"Aye, Sir," Sulu replied dutifully as the ship jumped to Warp Drive barely in time before the next volley from the Klingon vessels.

"They will not stop just because you went to Warp," Khan told him.

"Good, that's what I'm counting on," Kirk smiled at him.

"Sulu, initiate Kirk Alpha One," Kirk ordered.

"Aye, Sir," Sulu complied as the ship came out of Warp almost as quickly as it had entered it, "We've lost them, Sir."

"Good work everyone," Kirk commended his crew, "Lay in a course for Earth. We have a prisoner to deliver."

To Be Continued...

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Why do i get the feeling this is not the end of the Khan arch? Great update!

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jim rocks, he has Thrawn's tactical genius but Luke's ... farmboy charm [face_laugh] :* !!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Veeeery interesting. I, like Hazel, fear that there is still much more to this Khan arch. That was almost too easy. [face_thinking]

Great action! I can't wait to see what comes next. =D=

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    There must be more to this 'wrath of Khan' arch.
    Linked in blood, that's what they are, Kirk and Khan

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel

Of course it's not the end of Khan and Kirk. ;)

Nyota's Heart

Kirk is definitely the best Starfleet Captain! :D

Mira_Jade

Khan has more tricks up his sleeve. [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan

Khan's wrath will soon be unleashed. [face_beatup]

Khan's Wrath is Unleashed

She couldn't stop staring at his image on her viewscreen. She had never met this man who was public enemy number one as far as Starfleet was concerned, but still she yearned to be with him as strange as that could ever happen. She turned off her viewscreen and made her way towards the Brig. It was in the middle of the night so security was a mere two guards who she took out easily.

Then she entered the code to unlock the monster from his cage. He looked at first quizzically at this escape attempt. He grabbed her fiercely and saw her fiery hair aglow as they made their way first to Engineering. She planted some explosives in key areas while he was impressed with her boldness in sabotaging the ship.

"Why are you doing this?" Khan wanted to know truthfully.

"Because I love you; I have always loved you," Marla McGivers stated truthfully to him as she kissed him deeply. He did not back off from her and held her close to him as they now made their way towards the shuttlebay.

They entered into one of the shuttles as she keyed in the code for the shuttlebay doors to open as they then raced out away from the ship as quickly as the shuttlecraft could go. Suddenly a ship materialized in front of them. The Klingon vessel beamed them aboard and then destroyed the shuttlecraft. Khan and Marla were now on the Klingon vessel as it disappeared into nothingness again.

"Red Alert!" the klaxons rang aboard the Enterprise as it was suddenly under attack from two Klingon vessels that appeared out of nowhere.

"Scotty," Kirk ordered, "Engage Warp Drive, we need to get out of here quickly!"

"Aye, Captain," Scotty acknowledged the orders as the ship suddenly lurched towards Warp Speed for a moment outracing its prey.

Suddenly though the ship lurched as an explosion rocked inside of the Engineering Room taking out the Warp Core and causing the ship to be ablaze in a fiery descent. The Klingons caught up to the Enterprise again and resumed their pounding upon the hapless vessel.

"Captain," Scotty reported, "The engines have been sabotaged. As soon as we went to Warp, they blew up."

"So, we're a sitting duck," Kirk summarized their desolate situation, "Any options?"

"None that I can offer," Spock unfortunately replied, "It's seems our situation is grim."

"Prepare to be boarded," The Klingon Captain sent to the faltering vessel, "Repeat! Prepare to be boarded!"

"Well, that didn't take long," Kirk stated as he sent out his next orders, "All hands abandon ship! I repeat, all hands abandon ship!"

The crew scurried about to the various escape pods and got into them as they looked upon their doomed vessel. Only the senior officers remained aboard as Kirk knew that their was one last task to complete.

"Computer, this is Captain Kirk," he started, "Engage Auto Destruct Sequence, Code 1A," as he then looked to Spock.

"Computer, this is Spock, First Officer," he stated, "Engage Auto Destruct Sequence, Code 1A2B," as he then looked to Scotty.

"Computer, this is the Chief Engineer," he stated, "Engage Auto Destruct Sequence, Code 1A2B1C," as he finished the sequence.

"Awaiting final Destruct Code," The ship's computer stated.

"Computer," Kirk stated, "Destruct 0, 0, 0, Destruct 0."

"60 Seconds to Auto-Destruct," The ship's computer stated as Kirk and the Senior Officers rushed towards the transporter room. The Klingons beamed aboard as the Senior Officers beamed down to Mars. They raced towards the Bridge where no one was present but a voice was counting down numbers.

"10... 9... 8..." The ship's computer continued its countdown as the Klingon Captain heard it on his Bridge, "Get out of there!" he screamed to his crew to no avail as the computer finished its countdown, "3... 2... 1...." and then the ship's Bridge burst open into flames and commenced to its fiery death on the surface of Mars.

"What have I done?" Kirk questioned his actions.

"What you had to do," McCoy simply stated, "Escape death to have another chance later."

They all watched in silence as the Enterprise then disappeared over the horizon, lost forever.

To Be Continued...

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kirk lost his 'love' the Enterprise but will get a new ship I presume?

Funny to see you publishing this destruct sequence when I was writing the destruction of a house in the same way;) in my Star Wars story

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    WOW, WOW, WOW! =D= That was one whizbang of a post. I cannot wait to read what's next. Seems kinda final though [face_thinking] [face_nail_biting] with the Enterprise gone ... was necessary and all, but any ship Jim gets now won't be the Enterprise :( Rather like imagining Solo captaining a ship not the Falcon Huh?! :eek:

@};-

RX_Sith likes this.