main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Star Trek books and comics Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Juliet316 , Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I just picked up Star Trek: Resistance today. Should be an interesting read.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone know how many 'Star Trek Adventures' books there are? I have 6 and 7 and was wondering if I should pick up the rest.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    To be quite honest, I'm not sure. I don't think those were even under Pocket books back then.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pick up Death in Winter by Michael Jan Friedman. Even though it takes place post - Nemisis, Friedman still has a good grasp of the characters, Picard in particular.

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I'd suggest picking up Q & A as well. DeCandido's one of the better author's currently, and does a masterful job of handling Q. I can almost hear DeLancie at points.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Went to a thrift store today and while picking up a nice pair of jeans, I also cleaned up on Star Trek books. Bought at least 10 - 12 of them. :D

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, I always say that the only thing better than a book is multiple books :D

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Especially when their out of print books or books that complete a series, like Trek's Fury series.

9. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I really liked the DS9 fury book.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I picked up New Frontier #1 today- not a bad start (though I'm missing references to past events, not having read any of the books), but I have to say it- the Paradox is the Galaxy Quest.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's actually the Fury book i picked up last week.

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Then you picked up a good one!

Quest, i was thinking about getting the new frontier comic, but the art was kind of crappy so i passed on it. I read the first few new frontier books and they were very cool.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, from what I've seen, Trek comics do not tend to have very good art- running the range from "downright ugly and annoying to look at" (TOS Year 4) to "passable, but nothing noteworthy". NF is more along the lines of the latter.

14. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm reading my first Star Trek book in a long time. Picked up Star Trek TNG #31: Foreign Foes at the used bookstore.

15. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    I've always been a huge fan of Voyager (I know, I know :D )and I have to say that this one really ticked me off too. You are spot on about the characterizations, IMO. I've always gone out of my way to buy ST books by Peter David but I have to say that Before Dishonor was a real dissapointment to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.