main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Cogito ergo sum

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Echo_Papa_607, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo_Papa_607

Echo_Papa_607 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2010
    From the persepective of the U.S.S Enterprise NCC 1701-E

Chapter: I find myself in a precarious situation

When I was constructed at Utopia, it was a time of great haste. The Klingons had abrogated the Khitomer Accords, the Romulans and the Cardassians had both suffered crippling defeats in the Gamma quadrant, and from all accounts, the Dominion was poised to strike the Federation in all out conflict. But a threat far greater lurked in the distant corner of the galaxy?

Stardate 50893.5. Picard said it was the day he?s dreaded for six years. His logs are filed away in my buffers and I send out copies to the Starfleet Archives facility on Neptune. I?d only been out in space for eleven months and twenty-nine days. We were finished with the shakedown, all the final tests and simulations had been run. Word came from Starfleet Command that I was officially ?ready for action.?

And Starfleet was holding us back. Given the dark turns that have effected the quadrant over the last two years, I?m a ship bred for war, ready to tackle the Federation?s foes and defend the defenseless.

?Given your history with the Borg,? Admiral Hayes said, ?we can?t risk introducing an unstable element into a critical situation.?

So there we were, patrolling the Neutral Zone, a dead zone of space twenty light-years wide. There hadn?t been as much as a peep from the Romulans since the Tal-Shiar-Obsidian Order fiasco at the Omarion Nebula.

Was anyone listening? Did anyone know how to listen? The new ships of the line presented a revolutionary new piece of technology. Bio-neural fibers augmented the computer operations of starships. It started with the Intrepid from what I can tell. The prototype of the Intrepid-Class was ?lonely.? I linked up with it during our runs through the Zantari Maze on a warp drive balancing mission before I was officially let go from the docks at Utopia. Since those early days, all new vessels were equipped with the bio-neural software packs and the communications between vessels is at an all time high.

The first time this became a monumental event was at the Battle of Sector Zero Zero One.

Picard found the gumption to break orders and set a course for Earth and the running battle that Starfleet was losing. From our time together, I?ve found Jean-Luc Picard to be a most impressive officer. Of the one thousand people aboard he?s the most dedicated, passionate person serving. His logs are concise and void of the politics that I?ve read in the subspace traffic. When he ordered the course for home, my entire space frame shook as we made the dozen and a half light-year race for the Terran system. Under Hawk?s tender control, we swept in, saved the crew of the Defiant and engaged the Borg.

Everyone thought it was a great victory, a Borg cube destroyed by the Federation. Our new weapons in conjunction with Picard?s intimate knowledge of the Collective allowed us to win the day. But that victory was short lived. We found ourselves in the mid twenty first century and those first wounds were inflicted upon me.

Chapter Two: Collective Defense.

Nanoprobes. Microscopic machines that abhor nature and mutilate flesh and technology. I was just another victim of the Borg?s actions on April 4, 2063. It started with a handful of drones. My sensors were knocked out of alignment when we chased the sphere into the temporal anomaly. Given the assimilation rate that took the lives of hundreds of Enterprise personnel, best estimates projected only seven drones beamed aboard at the same moment their ship was obliterated.

They started in the lower engineering decks.

Two crewmembers, Paul Porter and Olivia Eiger were checking out faulty environmental controls. The ship?s temperature had gone up to 39.1 c (?Like a Borg ship?) it would later be determined. They were the first to be taken and turned into drones. I watched as the assimilation process tore apart their flesh and their mutilated bodies were poisoned with technological applications. The Borg drones started on Deck 16 and branched out to the rest

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, very original!! I've never seen a story told from the Enterprise's perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.