main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Crisis at Starfleet Medical (chapter 15 posted) complete

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Can't beat the tag team of Spock and Uhuru! Great update.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    They cannot be beat in other aspects either [face_love] [face_love] !!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    No and that's giving Jeran and Ker this:

Some of it is coming from actual events taking place this year

Chapter 9

Ker had taken blood-samples from the child. He had seen the grateful smiles from father and son because the child had even begun to smile and told that it didn’t hurt. Ker was an expert in the care for children. “One happy Rinin and I have these.” He gave the vials to Jeran.

Jeran inserted a vial in the analyser and asked because he had to wait “what was the fun coming here?”

“Our new boss had a love love directing system to guide him,” Ker grinned. “And before you want to know what love love is I can tell you that the man and woman must be lovers.”

“Ah a Spock and Uhura directing system” Jeran quipped. “Didn’t you sense that when we met McCoy?”

“I did and was quite amused when McCoy told you about the unavailability of lieutenant Uhura. He knows that you can be her great great grandfater.”

“McCoy can be funny I suppose but he was quite annoyed grumbling about some green hobgoblin directing him and pleased when Uhura directed him.” A soft beep from the analyser had Jeran becoming serious when he saw what was ailing the child. “Acute leukemia. We have to search for a donor who can be available as soon as possible. I hope they have a large enough register.”

“Let’s see,” Ker began typing in commands using the new language and began to read “Europ Donor associated with Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide that is based in Leiden, the Netherlands celebrated its 25 years of…”

“That’s old,” Jeran got a smile on his face when he pointed to the header. “It’s from a source called Wikipedia. Look there is a country called Europe with a register and America.”

“But this old history will link to the present register,” Ker had his fingers flying over the keys. “Look we have a connection to a database. Now a suitable match and we can save Rinin.”

“But this will take a lot of time,” Jeran mused.

“I can help,” McCoy came in with refreshments. “And I am sure that Uhura and Spock…”

“Your love love directing system must have access to data too,” Ker interrupted with mischief in his voice.

“They have,” McCoy laughed. “A love love directing system! Spock can use his computer-mind to find the donor and direct us. And he doesn’t have to use his slicing skills.”

“Slicing skills?” Jeran got a frown on his face.

“When you meet the green guy he will explain,” McCoy said.

“He is bringing Master Yoda along?” Ker gave a wink with his left eye.

“I doubt that,” McCoy winked back. “Spock is too logical to appreciate space opera’s. But I have seen them all when I was a teenager and I even owned a few figurines.”

Finding the one in ten million match took some time with McCoy helping them and getting assistance from Spock and Uhura. The staff of the Enterprise assisted after McCoy had informed the captain.
    Spock was the one coming up with the exact match.

McCoy smiled when he had the results on the screen. “This will be a job for Uhura.”

“A pity we cannot go Jeran,” Ker grinned with mischief. “She is very attractive and going with her to see the red tulips…”

“What did I tell you?” McCoy eyed the two. “She is forming a…”

“Love love bond with Spock,” Jeran laughed. “Let him go with her. And you should know when we transferred our files to your place. I am old enough to be her great great grandfather.”

“And that’s our ancestor,” Ker quipped when he saw what was poking out of the bag that was still sitting on the seat of the hoverchair he had vacated immediately after a very grumbling Panusconi had delivered their gear and had been summoned to leave the isolation ward.

“No it isn’t,” McCoy put the humanoid skull back in the bag with a rather sad look on his face.

“Something the matter doctor,” Jeran became immediately concerned.

“I will tell you but first I have to contact Uhura,” McCoy took out his communicator.

tbc

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loving the banter and the medical progress. Nyota's gorgeousness is impossible not to comment on [face_love] !!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Haha I agree with Nyota. The banter is great and your McCoy is spot on.

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful banter that results in a positive donor match.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note from Ny: Yumsy. The hedge maze is strictly inspired from EJF's delicious Time Spent in Paradise, without interruptions this time [face_laugh] [face_love]

Chapter #10

"Yes, Doctor?" Uhura asked. Her musical voice was a balm to McCoy's ears. His ex's and her attorney's voices reminded him of magpies if nothing else.

"I left something at my house. I have to get it before Jocelyn nabs it. And I have a name and important data coming your way." He sent a message burst in an encrypted cube.

On her end, Uhura unscrambled it and smiled. "Ah! Hitting the beautiful and historical spots of Europe in the process, I see. I would love to volunteer for such an ... onerous task." She laughed.

McCoy laughed in turn. "I figured you'd enjoy the chance for a little amorous adventure."

Uhura practically purred. "Any time, and always."

Jim cut in as McCoy reflected that Jocelyn had never been as ... warmly passionate. She'd been more like a walking cooling unit.

"So, Doc, what'd you forget? Your 'little black book?'"

"You wish, so you could hijack some of the more promising names." Was the teasing remark.

Jim laughed. "Now it's you who's dreaming!"

Uhura joined in their laughter.

Such boys. She thought fondly.

In London, there was a very interesting incident. Stopping at a roadside inn that was quaint and served excellent food, for which the head-chef took justifiable pride, a would-be pickpocket was apprehended in the act.

He had been posing as a server, of all things, substituting for one of the regulars who had taken a sick-day.

Taking a scenic carriage ride through the Cotswolds had capped off that part of the trip.

~~

In Paris, all was romance and gentle contentment, as they two enjoyed the choicest chocolates and watched the sun set over the Seine.

"The chocolate is even tastier, the second go-round." Nyota observed softly. "Kissing it off ..."

Her love's only response was to squeeze and tickle her into happy laughter.

~~~

As they enjoyed a stroll through the tulips and then a long, meandering walk through the hedge-maze, Nyota thought this was a perfect wrap-up to a wonderful trip.

"This is so beautiful." She commented appreciatively. "So verdant."

"Combining work with pleasure has led to an experience with both pragmatic and pleasant facets."

"You like being alone with me, in other words." She twinkled.

Spock teased, raising a brow: "That is what I said, Nyota."

She teased, laughing: "No, if I recall rightly, you actually ..."

He seized her suddenly and kissed her thoroughly into silence, stroking from her shoulder down to her waist in a savoring fashion.

She laughed and purred as she returned his long, tender kisses, entangling her arms and legs around him; they fell back embraced onto the green grass.

~~~

She and her love lay entwined among the blossoms, undisturbed. His thought as he caressed her lovely curves was that she was enough and more to fill up one's senses, entirely.

"I do cherish you." He breathed in her ear.

"I adore you!" She whispered back.

Jon Thomson was very distinguished in appearance and very gracious upon their meeting. He chatted amiably about all they had seen and done and asked after the details of the case.

He struck Nyota as very competent and compassionate.

"I know the Moraleses will be eternally grateful." She commented earnestly.

"I am pleased to be of assistance." He assured.

++++++

TBC...
    Rapturous [face_sigh] -- that hedge maze ...

Nightvision91 and RX_Sith like this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A romantic interlude followed by a hedge maze that I'm sure that Spock and Nyota could hide in forever if they wanted to.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I suppose they can but they didn't forget the mission

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 11

Jeran had been delighted when he met Doctor Jon Thomson. The man was viewed as ‘the expert in the Federation’ and had come out of retirement to oversee the procedure to extract stem cells from the donor. And taking Uhura’s offer he had accompanied the two Starfleet officers to San Francisco. He sure wanted to meet experts from a far away planet and delivering of the stem cells could be done by him.

Clad in full isolation gear Jeran had met Jon Thomson when the doctor arrived on day zero – transplant day – and had placed the package with the stem cells in the airlock where it was retrieved by Ker.

Thomson asking why Djarada wasn’t wearing isolation gear had Jeran beginning to explain that he would doff it too after entering the isolation chamber. ‘A’ar’ians have no pathogens dangerous to humans clinging to their skin or in their breath. Rinin was frightened when he saw nurses clad in full isolation gear coming to take him to the total body-radiation treatment with one wanting to apply the central line. Ker did the line with Rinin staying unaware, could soothe him and promised to stay with him. And he needs an assistant; me. We will stay with the patient and care for him until his immune-system begins working again.’ Jeran hoped to see the doctor again in the future when he said goodbye.

- - -

Days had passed and Rinin Morales responded excellent to the transplant. The donated cells were starting to grow and make new blood cells.

Two weeks after day zero Jeran – in his isolation gear – was about to enter the airlock when he saw at the far end of the corridor a well known figure headed his way. He turned and had his right hand up in the universal signal ‘don’t come any further’ and told Panusconi to do so.

“Alright mister expert,” Panusconi stated “I have read the reports and there is no more need to stay with your patient and I want to...”

“There is need,” Jeran interrupted. “We two are the only doctors trusted by the boy and we can care for him.”

“I have this great offer for you and Ker,” Panusconi flattered. “The boy has his father and mother and…”

“I know that Morales is a doctor but he is no transplant expert,” Jeran began to use his great knowledge telling about neutrophils and platelets, saw and felt the discomfort coming from Panusconi – the man was a leader but had to rely on experts for his experiments – threw in more technical terms and ended “we have reached engraftment since today for the neutrophils. Today the patient will receive the next transfusion of platelets.”

“But,” Panusconi uttered.

“Ker and I have to stay in isolation until the treatment is completed. Frightening the patient can lead to great harm. Rinin trusts us. And what will two more months matter?” Jeran turned, entered the airlock and closed the door. He doffed his isolation gear, took a shower and donned new greens before entering the office and examination room that was part of the large room where Rinin, Ker and he had made their temporary home. There was a bedroom, a bathroom and a large living room where Rinin’s bed was. An adjacent room – connected by airlock – was used by Alonzo and Julia Morales. Admiral Morales had been the one to arrange the rooms after hearing from Baldavin and Djarada that they wanted to stay during the entire recovery period.

“You could evade Panusconi?” Ker was preparing lunch.

“I did but there is some sad news,” Jeran grumbled.

“Not him,” Ker pointed with a smile on his face to the sleeping Rinin.

“The Enterprise is leaving today,” Jeran sat down and reached for the tea-pot.

“Don’t worry,” Ker gave the sandwiches. “I am sure our love love guidance system, aided by McCoy will come with a solution.”

tbc

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Solutions to problems are what McCoy along with Uhuru and Spock are definitely very good at solving.

12. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Whenever I find out this is updated it just makes the day better. Sith said it well the trio is one of the best that can come up with solutions.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Huggles NV91! They do make a great team, but McCoy would never admit Spock is indispensable [face_laugh] Not in so many words, the nerf-herder ;) [face_laugh]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chapter 12

"Morales' son is making an excellent and on-target recovery." Chris reported, as she cradled a mug of hot cocoa.

Nyota sipped her steaming mug of vanilla Chai tea. "That is wonderful news."

"McCoy has arranged with Morales to have a celebratory party for them, and as a side benefit, snatch his staff out from under the grip of ..."

"That slime-devil of a mad scientist." Nyota finished.

"He's pestering McLintlock to make his best desserts."

"Oh, his tiramisu is so amazingly delicious."

"And the Red Velvet cake, and Italian Cream cake." Chris added. "I think he likes fattening us up so he can make us work out more."

"I can believe it." Nyota rolled her eyes.

"McCoy told him that Baldavin and Djarada would at least be able to keep up with his exercise regimen."

Nyota laughed. "Yolette says Jim and Hikaru can but it's a stretch."

Chris twinkled. "I'll bet Spock can, however."

Nyota laughed. "One time McLintlock asked him or told him or something, got that cool inscrutable look that my love has mastered, and hasn't pestered him since."

Chris laughed. "I know without asking he hasn't tried to teach Yolette the finer points of et toufee."

"No, he hasn't dared. He knows European cuisine, but the down-home Creole ... doesn't have a clue."

Chris winked. "Hasn't tackled sushi yet, either."

Nyota beamed. "No, that one he has actually learned quite well. It was a trade-off with Sulu."

+++++

T.b.c... I am a foodie ;) so this conversation was fun to do!

15. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Got to enjoy whenever you can talk about food haha. Enjoyed the banter in this part.

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Loved to read all those love scenes & the passages about Europe.

:D

Sorry that is took me a while to catch up. Had to immigrate back to my own country & start a new job with my husband being still in the bird´s home country... :_|

But reading all the updates that a missed cheered me up on a lazy Saturday morning.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Huggles Nicole! Your warm, consistent support is a delight to me, as a co-reader ;) or co-author @};- @};-

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are very welcome!

*is just back from chatting with MsLanna/ Etain on skype*

The internet connection in my new flat sharing community is very slow and to load up a photo takes 20 minutes...

[​IMG]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AzureAngel2 Nightvision91 RX_Sith
    The bird is here with the new chapter

Chapter 13

The laughter in the isolation ward was music to the ears of the two A’ar’ians. They were dressed in Jedi outfits after seeing that their patient was taking a great interest in the old movies they had taken along. That old movie stuff and more toys they had taken in their bags when leaving their home had been among the most important things when dealing with patients. Some research and conversation with Alonzo Morales had an entire collection of reproduced ‘Jedi-toys’ arriving in the room.
    Rinin Morales was playing and could now – the IV-line had been removed one hour ago – use the whole room. That had the four year old boy running from one end to the other end of the room. And he was now dressed in the nice looking ‘Jedi knight’ outfit. His first saber-fight was about to begin.

Ker was inserting the batteries in the lightsabers. He pushed the switch and the first saber began to make a humming sound.

“My lightsaber is working,” Rinin ran towards Ker who activated the second lighsaber after giving the first to Rinin.

Rinin danced around Ker, scored hits against him and squealed with laughter when Ker dropped on the floor.
    Ker continued to fight.
    The humming sound was everywhere.

Jeran could laugh too but a soft sound of an activating com had him turning towards one of the large glass windows. Laughter died on his face when he saw who was using the com-system. He whispered “Ker!”

“One moment master Jedi,” Ker deactivated his lightsaber and bowed for Rinin. “Our fight will continue soon. There is a doctor to see me.”

Ker followed Jeran to the office. Both were getting worried. A few days and Rinin would be released from full isolation to a medium care room.

“It pleases me to see you fighting master Jedi,” Panusconi was now using the comsystem where he could see the two. “You are a lover of those old movies I suppose?”

“I have seen them all and read the books when they came available on our planet,” Ker replied in a quite neutral voice. He was not sure if this was just a friendly chat or something else.

“Ah and I suppose you were delighted when you saw Darth Vader using his awesome powers being a cyborg and Luke using his cyborg hand. This is my goal. I want to enhance the…”

“You want us to join,” Jeran began. He saw the parents of Rinin coming towards the airlock.

“Join Panusconi? You must be kidding,” Ker muttered. “Admiral Panusconi, you have known Kahn and Admiral Marcus. You have seen the destruction. Cyborgs are an abomination. I have seen what cybernetics can do and your tinkering with genes will give more of...” He saw a face getting rather furious.

“Now you have done it. Mister Djarada I have no other choice than enroll you in my program and have you sworn to secrecy until the program has come with results. I have seen that patient Morales will be admitted in a medium care room after a week.”

“I didn’t spoil the beans yet Admiral,” Ker grumped. “Morales and his wife didn’t hear a thing. I will stay here with Jeran. Go find another who likes creepy experiments. Toedeledokie.” He activated the toy lightsaber and pointed it towards the window swung it a few times and threw the lightsaber towards Jeran. He stomped back to the living room.

Jeran couldn’t suppres a smile when he headed with the toy after Ker. ‘Toedeledokie was an a’ar’ian word to dismiss a person immediately and he felt the joy coming from Admiral Morales.
    The admiral and his wife were getting ready to visit their son.
    “Ker,” Jeran grinned when he saw the startled looks on Rinin’s face and tossed the toy towards Ker. “This weapon is your life.”

The fight continued.

“Did you see,” Jeran began when the parents came in.

“I saw Panusconi and have read the great news,” Alonzo Morales interrupted. “I have for you and you an invitation to a party to celebrate the recovery of my son.” He began to tell more and ended “the Enterprise is returning.”

“Yes,” Jeran laughed. “Ker our love love directing system will guide us to our new home. Toedeledokie Panusconi!”

tbc

Nightvision91 and RX_Sith like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful! Rinin is having a fun time and you can tell he's recovering nicely.

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great recovery for Rinin and now our illustrious dual can go back to their homeworld soon.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota's Note: A nice and seamless blend from the co-authors :)

~~~

Chapter #14

“We will have a party when you are returning home,” Julia Morales tucked her son in.

Rinin reached with a sleepy smile to the stuffed Bantha, a present he had gotten from Ker Djarada. “I know mommy. Will master Djarada return with master Baldavin?”

“They are going on a long mission but I am sure they will return.” Julia stroked her son on his forehead. “Daddy is now saying goodbye.”

Morales was saying sincerely: "You cannot know how thrilled and grateful my family is, to you, for all your assistance."

Baldavin smiled. "It was our pleasure."

“Darth Sidious is arriving,” Jeran whispered only for Ker to hear.

“Don’t fear, the rebels are here,” Ker whispered back when he saw McCoy, Spock and Uhura following a big man who must have come from boot-camp from the way he was marching in with bulging muscles.
    McLintlock came in with a large platter of lovely desserts, tasty and fluffy-appearing. The beautiful crests of the "floating islands" were absolutely unwilted.

"Bon appetit!" He called.

“That one must be a drill sergeant in disguise,” Jeran eyed the man.

“Jeran it looks like our dessert is floating away,” Ker started to follow the lovely lady.

“Ker,” Jeran hurried after him. “She is bonded.”

“I know, and her mate likes those ile flotantes and crème brullees,” Ker grinned.

“Where did you pick up those French words?”

“Getting some background information on our drill-sergeant who happens to be a French chef de cuisine,” Ker quipped. “He will try to keep the crew in shape. I am looking forward to his first workout.”

“Workout now,” Jeran became serious when he saw who was headed their way. “Run!”

And the two started to run after Uhura who – balancing the dish snagged from the platter – had seen Spock urging her to head to the shuttle, only so recently filled with the desserts.

They all dashed aboard and the boarding ramp closed behind them.

Setting down the dish Uhura grasped Baldavin's hand in greeting and smiled at Djarada.

"It is great to finally meet you." She said.

"Ah, Lieutenant. I am surprised you didn't say: 'I'm here to rescue you.'" Baldavin quipped.

Uhura laughed as the shuttle took off. "I am the right height for a stormtrooper, but I hardly look the part of Luke Skywalker."

"I resemble Leia Organa even less so." Baldavin answered.

She laughed.

This woman was lively and resourceful, Baldavin thought. It would be a pleasure being her colleague.

"Excellent!" Djarada commented.

"Any excuse for a party." Florian answered, and incidentally to show off his not-inconsiderable skills. He popped open a bottle of champagne and the celebrants took up champagne flutes in a toast.

Yolette made her way over to Nyota and commented: "This is decadent! I love the caramel!"

Nyota smiled. "It is the most wonderful thing ... melts in your mouth, but so much better when shared." She made sure no one had "accidentally on purpose" taken her plate of "takeout dessert."

"Taking extras?" Yolette teased."

"I want another slice later, to share ..." She winked.

"You certainly have super ideas, girlfriend." Yolette observed approvingly, taking her own plate.

Later

McCoy took his newly acquired staff on a tour while Nyota shared her tasty treat with her love.

Their bond resonated with her happy mischief at outsmarting Panusconi one last time.

Then after their final, shared taste, he reached for her, and their long kisses tasted of the yummy desserts.

She squeezed. "Admit it, darling." She laughed softly. "You enjoyed having a hand in that as much as I and McCoy."

"Perhaps, but the aftermath has proved to be more gratifying."

"Oh, love." She whispered.

His hands caressed her, and suddenly she had no thoughts for aught else but the sensations this created.

+++

TBC

[face_dancing]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    "You certainly have super ideas, girlfriend."
    Super and more super ideas are coming with now the medical staff complete

24. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Whoot the staff is complete. Always a great read!

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    All of the medical team is together for more great adventures as well as those that Nyota and Spock partake in to sheer enjoyment.