main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Trek Fans, check it out!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    (yeah, yeah, I know this is a Star Wars board)

From TV Guide:

The Star Trek franchise is being given new life by Lost cocreator J.J. Abrams, the man behind this summer's Mission: Impossible III, Variety reports. The as-yet-untitled feature, slated for a fall 2008 release, will focus on the early adventures of James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy; Abrams will direct as well as help write and produce the pic. Is anyone else getting goose bumps, or am I just a big ol' Star Trek geek? Seriously, no one's Kirk Halloween costume could ever compare to mine.

2. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    sounds like it could be cool. it still amazes me how many things go the "pre-quel" route nowadays.

3. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    That should be really cool, but Dumb and Dumberer proved that prequels can suck very very bad.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Dumb and Dumberer was good... jeez!

5. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Although Abrahms doing Star Trek could be cool this academy idea is just lame, for one thing Kirk and Spock were not at the academy at the same time.

6. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    It sounds like the film might have some life to it, but I'm very skeptic to the casting decisions for Kirk and Spock, and for the rest of the movie's cast... But an interesting idea nonetheless.