Memph, TN Star Trek Friday

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Anyone up for checking it out Friday night?

I'll check out times if we are. It looks like there's a 7pm, a 7:40, a 8:35 and a 9:25pm. The 7pm and 7:40 may be sold out, though.

It's getting awesome reviews.

LOL, there's a Trek Con at Whispering Woods this weekend, which explains why Southaven in sold out Nicki!!
  2. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I don't think Tim's interested, but I'd like to see it!
  3. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Cordova's closer, so I think we can do a 7:00, 7:30 or 8:00. Mike is going to pick up tickets tomorrow afternoon, so just let me know. I'll tell him to get you one, Traci.

4. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Any of those times are fine with me. Just tell me when to meet y'all. :)
  5. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was really excited when I first saw the trailer to this movie. It looks AWESOME. Times like this, I'm proud to be a closet Trekkie. XP

Wesley and I have been trying to find a decent Trek con to attend at some point. LOL we've got costumes planned and everything. [face_laugh]

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Isn't there one this weekend at Whispering Woods, Grace? I could've sworn that Traci or Nicki said something about one, because the theater down there is completely sold out.
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    In my first post. ;)

Yeah, some folks at work were talking about it being at Whispering Woods some time this week.
  8. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Awesome movie!!

I may be a Spock fangirl now, and Bones. [face_love]

Traci and I geeked out just a little bit. Don't tell anyone of our SW friends. [face_shhh]
  9. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    OMKG, that was kriffin' awesome!!!

I never see movies more than once in the theater, but I totally want to see it again. :D

10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    *sneaks into thread* I was a Spock fangirl of long standing ... then I rediscovered Luke with HTTE ... now my slumbering Spock-love has awoken again. LOL!!!!! *sigh!!!* [face_mischief]
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Meh. It would've been so much better under a more capable director, or at least one who knows how to use a tripod or Steadicam. I enjoyed it, but it's not one I'm going to rush out to see again.
  12. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Lin and I are the only 2 geeks in geekdom that haven't seen this movie yet, so we are going tonight.
  13. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
  14. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I went this Friday night with Nicki to see it and we both dug it. I thought the actors were close enough to the originals that nobody would have to ask, "Who's that?", but without doing bad impressions and being a caricature of the crew. I thought McCoy was dead on, and I think everyone else came to be more like the original actors as the movie went on- especially the body language and voice inflections. Very well done.

I was fine with the re-boot, and the way it was handled. Didn't mind the camera motion(especially after seeing Cloverfield!), but thought the lens flares got to be a bit much- almost looked like a dream sequence in some spots. It had lots of action, humor, and cool stuff to look at, and some great nods to the original series- especially some of the sound effects and end theme. Wished the front of the nacelles(sp?) were more like the glowing red ones on the original, but I'm not a fleet-geek so I'll let it slide.

Thought it was great to see Nimoy as Spock in it, too. I could have sworn I saw Wil Wheaton in the opening battle scene, but didn't notice him in the credits.

Heard R2-D2 made and appearance!

Looking forward to more from this franchise.

"Keep on Trekkin'!"

Lin
  15. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you don't mind a fellow trekker sliding in here from a sister FanForce group ;)

I totally enjoyed the movie! Special effects, actors were juz about dead on the originals (like mentioned above). There was only one part(s) of the movie that juz threw me off. Not gonna say it (forgot TOS' rule on when one can talk about things once it's been shown), but it was juz wrong. That's all I'm gonna say.

But Bana did pretty good I thought. What did you guys think on that? And young Kirk was juz a hoot!

How's everybody doing? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.