main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Glad to Be Awake Again! Event #2, Fic Olympics.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 13, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By Nyota’s Heart Disclaimer: Borrowing for the fun.
    Fandom: Trek AU.
    Genre: Challenge response. Humor and mush.
    Summary: Nyota attending a conference. Takes place in an AU where she and Spock parted ways and were apart for several years but then got back together.

Author’s Note: This is Event #2 for Fic Olympics.

Dare challenge relating to a character being in a triple-layered dream and also awake; the phrase “Not in there” must be used. A sunset, the color heliotrope, a blender, and three Greek muses must be included as well.

Nyota was dreaming she was blending smoothies of berries and vanilla yoghurt. Her niece wanted to stick a spoon in the blender; “Not in there.” Nyota cautioned. “It’ll short out.” Then they enjoyed the fruity coolness in tall glasses.

The scene changed and she dreamed she was asleep in a hammock with a nest of birds trilling nearby. The breeze was soft and the hammock rocked in a soft breeze. Nyota fell asleep in this dream and dreamt she was attending her first course in Xenlinguistics. She was running late and her instructor was a thin-faced, beady-eyed Ferengii! This couldn’t be right! She thought. Then the scene shifted to serving on the Enterprise. She was chatting with the first officer, a Mr. Jennick. He compared her singing voice to the Grecian muse, Erato, known for her singing.

"Really?" Nyota said, flattered.

"Calliope and Stesichore also come to mind." He smiled, his gray eyes dancing. Like the stormy heliotrope skies over the Indian Ocean, Nyota reflected.

He was about to ask her for after-shift drinks when she awoke. She didn’t find herself in a hammock, but in a spacious suite.

“That was too strange!” Nyota thought. She was attending a diplomatic conference and her family was to meet her after the final session.

She left a note with the concierge: “When my family arrives, send them to the North Cove.”

***~

The sea stretched out before Nyota as she wriggled her toes in the soft golden sand, as the sun lowered towards setting.

Her children’s happy cries greeted her. Ailynn with more decorum but just as enthusiastically as Logan. Saerk was composed but his gladness to see her was evident in his tone and the depths of his eyes.

But her senses – emotionally and physically – were all for her bondmate.

She rose and raced to meet them halfway. She scooped Ailynn and Logan up and twirled them around.

She grinned and greeted Saerk.

Spock – she saved him for last, but not least.

“Darling. Darling.” She said as they embraced. He kissed her gently on the lips.

They all settled happily on the sand and she talked animatedly about the seminars and asked how the trip was. The kids dashed into the sapphire surf and she regaled Spock with her early-morning dreams.

“That’s what happens when you’re not beside me.”

“Hmm. Indeed.” Was his amused reply. He slid an arm around her. “A Ferengii. How intriguing.”

“Yuck!” She rejoined with a shudder. “Is all I have to say!”

"And what of this Mr. Jennick?" Spock asked after a beat.

"I did spend informal time with him, as it happens. He was charming and competent. But ... not you." She sighed. "That was during my let's try to move on phase."

"I am gratified you did not prove altogether successful at that although I of course would want you to be happy."

"You are essential to that, so gentle serenity and contentment was all I could hope for." Nyota acceded. "As opposed to bone-deep joy."

++++++

[face_laugh]

divapilot and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    “Hmm. Indeed.” Was his amused reply. He slid an arm around her. “A Ferengii. How intriguing.”

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, but I enjoyed this piece very much. I too am happy that she's awake, and everything is set to right. :p [face_love]

=D=[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    One of our first dare responses! [face_dancing]

I love it! A very sweet ending [face_love] And excellent use of the challenges!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I enjoyed this muchly. And it has a sequel of sorts, which I will post separately. [face_batting]

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    You know, you got me so used to bits and pieces about yummy foods in your stories that I had to spend some time looking for the blender -- it was of course in the very first line, but it felt so natural in a Nyota offering that I didn't even see it. ;)

Other than that, this story has all the usual glorious warm-and-fuzzy Nyota-and-Spock melty-melt feels [:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you, thank you! OMG, I won't even mention what I'm missing LOL [face_dancing] ^:)^ ^:)^ [face_batting] These two are so constantly basking in their togetherness and I rejoice in the fact that they're together - that is also a universe is all right now thingy.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Ferengi's and Uhura[face_laugh] and the warm and gentle response from Spock