main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] I'll Make a Man Out of You (Disney Sonfic Roulette)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DaenaBenjen42, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Title: I?ll Make A Man Out of You
    Author: DaenaBenjen42
    Fandom: Star Trek
    Characters: To quote a fellow fic writer, ?Think clowns in a circus car.?
    Disclaimer: Both the song and the fandom belongeth to other people. All praise (and much chocolate) to them.
    Notes: This is for the Disney Songfic Roulette Challenge. Mine was #45: ?I?ll Make A Man Out of You? from Mulan.

He strolls into the bar, eyes sweeping over the scattered denizens, and frowns when his gaze lands on a young man clearly out of place and looking worse for wear. More than that, he recognized him. Frowning, Captain Pike sought to intervene and do some convincing. Saving souls led astray wasn?t exactly his business, but in this case... he owed it to the boy?s father to at least try.

Let?s get down to business ? to defeat the Huns
    Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?
    You?re the saddest bunch I ever met
    But you can bet before we?re through
    Mister I?ll make a man out of you

Jim?s first day at the academy was not without peril. From waking up and being late to class, to some joker pulling three or more pranks in the same three out span, to, finally, spending too much time out walking by himself to clear his head and missing dinner completely? nothing seemed to go right. At all.

Bones, noticing the dejected expression as his new friend sat down in a chair next to him in the library, clapped him on the shoulder supportively. ?Tomorrow will be better.?

?Right?? Like that made him feel any better.

Tranqual as a forest
    But on fire within

Spock hated the whispers. He could hear every word, though obviously no one meant him to. Turning a corner, he collided with someone. ?Oh. I?m sorry.? Then he looked into the other person?s brown eyes and words left him.

Once you find your center
    You are sure to win

Nyota Uhura was the first to find her voice as she stared right back into his eyes. ?Don?t be. It?s a hard thing, seeing around corners.? That answer just made him blink some more. ?Are you all right?? she asked after a moment. At his silent nod, Nyota smiled. ?All right, then.?

Spock watched her go, slightly mystified at how she could be so? normal to him.

You?re a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
    And you haven?t got a clue

McCoy watched as Kirk took to the mats on the first day of hand-to-hand training, and winced as the kid he was starting to like got pounded six ways from Sunday by the instructor as an example of how not to enter into a conflict.

??even though not fighting is still preferable, I am now going to show you,? here the instructor glared down at Kirk, who was still recovering at his feet. ??all how to do it properly.?

Somehow I?ll make a man out of you!!!

The teenager who had gotten on the transport bound for the academy, brash and bragging about how he?d be able to do in three years what it took four or five? now stood before him. He was changed. Aged in a way that only seemed to show in his eyes and demeanor. This was a man standing before him where only a boy had existed before.

I?m never gonna catch my breath
    Say goodbye to those who knew me

Panting hard as he ran the first laps since high school around the track, McCoy was starting to have doubts. Did he want to stay here? Was it worth it to join the military?

He hadn?t really run anywhere in years.

Boy was I a fool in school for cutting gym

Someone fell into step beside him and McCoy glanced over to find that Kirk kid running alongside. Excepting the encouragement for what it was, McCoy nodded and silently moved to keep pace.

Soon, he was the one setting the pace and challenging the kid to keep up.

This guy?s got ?em scared to death

The ship was terrifying, it?s commander more so. His crew cowered when he yelled, and moved to obey his orders, proudly displaying their loyalty to the people on the planet they?d seen destroyed.

For Romulus

Hope he doesn?t see right through me

She stared at the

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I enjoyed that immensely. Liked a lot Jim's first day at the academy and Len's assurances. It's very much like their big-brother pal type friendship in Timeline A. :D :cool:

Spock literally running into Nyota -- umm nummy nummy!!!! =P~ =P~ Yeah! :D He could knock me down and then take his own sweet time getting up, baby!!!! Sorry LOL!!!! I couldn't resist!!!

Didn't try either [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Thank you for this. I was craving ST. :)

[:D]
    !!!!!

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very good use of the song intermixed between Kirk's, Nyota's, McCoy's, and Spock's different parts of being in the Academy.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was awesome!! I love all the relationships starting to appear and Kirk getting used to and growing up at the academy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.