main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Illogically Logical (Spock's Diary) Dear Diary Challenge 2009 [Completed 12.31.09]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [Star Trek] Illogically Logical (Spock's Diary)
    Author: RX_Sith
    Timeframe: Before, During, and after the upcoming new Star Trek movie.
    Characters: Spock, Kirk, Bones, Scotty, Uhuru, etc.
    Genre: A diary by Spock.
    Keywords: Spock, Star Trek, Diary
    Summary: Spock writes a diary about his decision to not take command of the Enterprise in the upcoming movie.
    Notes: This is a response to the 2009 Diary Challenge, a challenge to write a diary for a year. I have selected Spock and this will be a diary of the decisions he makes before, during, and after the upcoming new Star Trek movie. I, of course, do not own Star Trek or am affiliated with Paramount.

[b]Illogically Logical, Entry One[/b]

I have discovered that the more that I age, the more wise I become. Of course wisdom without logic is a fool's errand and I have discovered that even I have to make difficult choices sometimes. Being half-human does have its' faults. But, without my humanity, the person that I must save would perish without my intervention.

The future of not only the Federation, but of my best friend is at stake. And so, I have decided to go back in time. It will not be an easy task. But, it is necessary. Being with the Romulans for so long has enabled me to be privy to some of their most secret plots. Most of them never come to fruition, but this time I know that is has.

The Federation as I know it is gone. The Romulans now are in control of the majority of the Alpha Quadrant and my Romulan associates that I use to trust can no longer be trusted. How did this happen? Well, according to the Romulan databanks (which I had encoded on a memory chip), I have discovered that George Samuel Kirk, Sr., James Tiberius Kirk's father has been killed in what the Romulan's call the Kelvin Incident.

I know that to alter history is wrong, but a wrong history has emerged from this Kelvin Incident. I am going to be making the most illogically logical decision that I have ever made. I must save James Tiberius Kirk. Because, now the need of the [b]ONE[/b] most definitely outweighs the needs of the many, or the few. He did the same for me once, and now I will do the same for him.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, Spock's so cute. And though I'm no fan of Kirk, let him be saved. Will be better for Spock.[face_whistling]
    I'll keep an eye on this.[face_mischief]

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great start! =D=

I can't imagine trying to write a Vulcan, even if he is only half... I'm just not that logical! :p

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting start!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Coolest beans!!!!! [face_dancing]

Could I have PMs if you're making a list?

Must confess, Spock had me going all fangirly even before I knew the meaning of the word [face_laugh] Num yummy!!! [face_laugh] Trek was my foray into sci fi loving. :D

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Spock!! So awesome!! Great job!

7. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    I like the sound of this. Put me on the PM list please!

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    MsLanna: Spock from the very beginning has been opposed to commanding the Enterprise. This will just reinforce that.

mavjade: It is very different to write a character who is not totally human, but of course, that is the challenge.

NYCitygurl: Thank you.

Jade_eyes: Of course you can be on the PM list. It would be illogical to not be on it. :p

Miana Kenobi: Spock is way more awesome than Kirk. :)

jazjediundercover: As stated above, it would be illogical to not be on the PM list. :p

[b]PM List[/b]

Jade_eyes
    jazjediundercover

[hr]

[b]Entry Two[/b]

I have been keeping myself out of sight from all of the Romulans. It's been very hard moving from location to location in the dark as I try to now find a way off of the planet. It will not be easy. I spend my time studying the small chip that I had downloaded before the timeline was changed.

It allows me to discover who was responsible for the Kelvin Incident. I am trying to track this "Nero" down as to any offspring he may have had. It is very hard now that all of my former contacts are now enemies with Vulcans. I have hardly anywhere to go or anywhere to hide.

I fear that I will be captured if I don't find a way off of the planet soon. I peek around a crevice and see that the Romulans are searching for any aliens now. They are killing anyone who is not a Romulan. I hide behind a rocky formation as the Romulans search the building that I have just left.

I hear numerous phaser firing and lots of muted screams. They then go to the next building and do the same. I start to climb the rocks and find a small cave that I have to move a rock from to get inside. I hear the Romulans come closer to where I am hiding. They get ready to move the rock when another alien makes a dash for its safety. They immediately pursue it and I hear it scream as it is shot by multiple phaser fire.

The Romulans then pursue others who try to escape as well and repeat their demented annihilation of all aliens. I try to peek between a small opening and see phaser fire in the distance. I wait for darkness and then remove the rock from the opening. I peer through the dense smoke and hope that I pick the right direction for my escape.

9. jazjediundercover

Oct 26, 2008
    Cool! I wonder how he's going to get off the planet.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! It's a very difficult situation just to get out of enemy territory much less deal with all the vagaries of time travel and changing history. You have to be unhindered long enough and pick the right "moment" to alter [face_thinking] Then you can't "change" too much or the wrong thing :D :D

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Uh, oh! [face_worried]
    Why do I feel like this is going to get bad??

Great entry!

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    jazjediundercover: Good question, the answer to which will be eventually revealed. o_O

Jade_eyes: Yes, Spock has a very difficult task ahead of him. And, obviously, like you stated, he can't change everything. o_O

mavjade: It might get pretty difficult for Spock, but again, that's his greatest challenge now, to not get caught. o_O

[b]Entry Three[/b]

I have taken solace in a Romulan crypt. It is probably one of the few places on the planet where no one living will realize that I am there. If I were more human, then perhaps the creepiness of the situation would surface more, but my logic dictates that I am amongst nothing but remains where I am.

I still have to figure out how, when, and where I will find a way off of the Romulan homeworld. It will not be an easy task. But, hopefully by reviewing the chip that I have, I can find someone who might help me. It is the only chance that I have of completing my mission.

So, day after day, I dissect the chip's recordings looking for anything that might help my cause. I realize that sooner or later the Romulans will search even this area. I am prepared to hide inside of a casket if necessary, but if they have scanners that can detect lifeforms, then I will be found out even then.

I will spend no more than a few days here at the most before I find another hiding spot. I know that feeling safe is not logical at any location for more than a couple of days. So, tomorrow will be the last day that I spend here as long as I do not sense anyone searching nearby.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very very glad for that datachip. Its contents will be invaluable. :)

14. jazjediundercover

Oct 26, 2008
    Awesome. Hiding in a crypt. Only a Vulcan could stomach that. But I'm curious about this chip. How much is on it?

15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I have taken solace in a Romulan crypt
    I don't think anyone should take solace in a Romulan anything, much less a crypt but I guess when it's all you've got! 8-}

I too, am curious about the chip!

Great entry!

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Yes, more than even Spock realizes.

jazjediundercover: There is very much information that Spock will need on the chip.

mavjade: Vulcans have always seemed to become accustomed to almost anything, crypt or ship.

[b]Entry Four[/b]

I study tediously the information on the datachip that I have. I need to calculate to the nanosecond the exact time that I will have to go back in the past. Even one tiny second could make the difference between my success or my failure and I will not get a second chance to get it right.

I need to pinpoint the exact divergence in the space-time continuum and arrive no later than that time. I go over the calculations in my head and then I replay the datachip to check my results. Luckily, I can add information to it. Therefore, I can alter it and save it as a test copy.

I have gone through multiple tests already and now I am within a second of finding the exact time that I will need to arrive. It is still not close enough though. I must get it to the exact point. No error can be allowed. I test my results again. I have finally found the time. I retest it over and over to make sure that I have it right. I do.

Now, I go over the exact calculations that I will have to input into a ship once I get back to Vulcan. I now make a run for probably my only hope of getting off of the planet. An old freighter's engines rumble to life. I jump aboard just in time before it takes off.

Where it is going doesn't matter. I will have to overcome the pilot and anyone else onboard when I get the chance. The ship escapes from the Romulan atmosphere and then jumps into warp. I bide my time until I can take control of the ship.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, I can't wait to see what happens when he goes into the past. Time travel is too cool!!!

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Even one tiny second could make the difference between my success or my failure and I will not get a second chance to get it right.
    Well if anyone can do it, it would be a Vulcan. :)

I can't wait to see where this goes!

Great entry! =D=

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Time travel is cool indeed. :D

mavjade: Yes, a Vulcan with an incredible aptitude for being so perfect.

[b]Entry Five[/b]

To my amazement, I have stowed away aboard Nero's mining vessel. I rummaged through some used Romulan attire and have blended as best as possible with his mining crew. Apparently, he is headed for an exploding star in the Hobus system. It appears that the star is in the process of converting the first planet that it consumed into its' ever expanding mass.

This buildup of energy is causing the star to have more violent eruptions as its' power continues to grow. The effects of this buildup are even starting to affect other nearby star systems. Using my own calculations, it looks like it will cause Romulus to be bathed in deadly radiation.

This will obviously cause some dire circumstances to occur to Romulus and Reman as well. I await our further study of this deadly phenomenon. It boils with an eerie fire that is expanding its' appetite with each new mass that it consumes.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool astronomical phenomenon there LOL with dire consequences indeed ;)

21. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Just kinda wandered in to this thread but WOW! This is great-I can't read it without hearing Nimoy's voice. Please, keep it up!
    =D==D==D=

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Dire consequences doesn't even begin to cover it. [face_worried]

gundarkhunter: Thanks for enjoying this. Next entry coming up.

[b]Entry Six[/b]

His gaze stared at me studying my features as if he could decipher exactly what I was thinking. Of course, if he could, I would probably be dead instead of in the brig.

"What do you have to say for yourself, Vulcan?" Nero asked with a vengeance. I did not answer. "How long have you been aboard [b]MY[/b] ship!?" he barked out. Once again, I did not answer. "You Vulcans have such a way with suppressing your emotions; it makes it almost impossible for me to get you riled up."

Again, I just blankly stared at him, deep in thought, deep in wandering what he was going to do with me.

"I'll give you one more chance!" Nero shouted vehemently, "You better tell me before we land back on Romulus!" I just again looked blankly ahead not revealing even the slightest bit of emotion from his shouting.

"Sir," a Romulan officer interrupted him, "The High Council wants you to bring Spock before them."

"With pleasure!" Nero spat at me, "You hear that Vulcan, you're as good as dead now!"

[hr]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yikes!!!!! [face_worried] [face_worried] :eek: Now has the entire plan been derailed?? [face_thinking]

24. jazjediundercover

Oct 26, 2008
    Oh no... what's going to happen now??? [face_worried]

25. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.