Story [Star Trek, Into Darkness] Consummately Perfect. Jim/OC. Complete: April 18!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Nyota's Heart, Mar 17, 2013.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Title: Consummately Perfect

by Jade eyes

Disclaimer: Borrowing Jim and Audrey, although I can't tell she's not canon right down to the ground [face_love] !!

AN: Spin-off from RX's Into Darkness and Beyond ... consequences of choices and moving toward forever. :D

~~~~~!!

Frank Conversation and Genuine Promises

"To be honest," Audrey said coolly, "I don't know if the total non-emotional component with Carole makes me relieved or angry ..."

"Audrey ..."

"And you cannot even promise me you won't do it again, because it had an instinctual, reflexive feel to it, the whole incident!!"

"I ... So much has happened, so much feels like it's been lost and spinning out of control, and then I go and demolish the best thing, the only true thing ... You are all that I have been able to count on through all of this."

"Is that by way of an explanation, or what, exactly?" Audrey asked, honestly curious.

"I'm not sure it could be enough of one. I also don't know what promises I can make that you'll believe, but ..." A pause. "There is one. When I feel the world is crashing in on me, and like I don't know how to stop it, before I go charging off after the first pretty face and pair of legs I see, I'll come and talk to you."

"Yes, I think not talking, but stuffing your feelings into the darkest corner of the closet, that is part of the problem. And are you sure it's just the pair of legs that got you going?"

"Well, the eyes are nice." He proffered a half-bantering reply, hoping she would reply in kind.

"I was referring to a different part of the anatomy." Audrey replied, assaying a small tease, and they shared a gentle, tentative laugh. "This doesn't mean you're off the hook, merely on ... probation."

"That's more than I deserve or would expect." He answered quietly.

She smiled. "I can't turn my feelings for you off, nor do I want to. I also can feel your sincerity, and it's not just defendant's remorse." She winked. "You know, I'm sorry I was caught, only that, nothing more."

"Oh, there's much more than that!" Jim exclaimed.

He reached across to take her hand, and she let him do it.

Then, leaning forward, she initiated a warm, encouraging kiss, not one of passion, but one of openness to the future, to healing.

+++++
    Melty!!! [face_love] !!!!!
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Apr 18, 2013
    RX_Sith likes this.
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Audrey is such a softy. I hope Jim knows how lucky he is.
    RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    @Hazel LOL -- how she was able to be one is explained/expanded on below. :)

~~~~~

Small Gestures

When emotions are tangled and situations chaotic, defensive and reflexive barriers go up. Old "safe" patterns are resorted to. [face_thinking] This, I believe, is what fueled the transient encounter Jim had with Carole. Our friendship and deepening affection and attraction was made of different stuff. It was woven of desire, laughter, respect, and trust. This last was strained but not broken because I knew I was ready for a commitment and would wait however long I needed to for Him to be ready, also.

I believed him when he promised to confide in me when he felt vulnerable or crowded in upon. I could perceive his veracity.

Small gestures in the weeks that followed started out as making amends but became habitual, but never perfunctory. He'd bring me cups of coffee and chocolate treats, send me bouquets and little teasing notes to my 'padd.

During a troublesome anniversary of a sad event, he gave me a back rub and held me as I shared bittersweet memories.

He was becoming comfortable with my, and by extension, any, uncomfortable emotions, in lieu of turning tail in the other direction.

I smiled inwardly. He was starting to grasp that once you move past the worst of them, you learn you can withstand it, but the key is doing so with someone. :)

It was definitely progress.

++++++

@RX_Sith
    @Mira_Jade [face_love] !!!
    RX_Sith likes this.
  4. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Beautiful and sweet depiction of Audrey and Jim's relationship mending due to his encounter with Carol Marcus. [:D]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I still say she's a softy, but I'm glad she understands him so well.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I love the jealoudy! Too funny :p
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Automatic Reactions ;)

I must say I fell back in love with Jim when he concocted the scheme to spring Spock from his reassignment during our confrontation with "Harrison." [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I must admit I found it invigorating and quite endearingly in character [face_shhh]

But what sealed it for me was when we met up with an old crush of his, Areel Shaw. She is a competent professional, an attorney with principles, and quite beautiful. Rather than fall back on his flirting ways, (and I could tell he didn't do so beyond the fact I was there) he simply smiled and greeted her warmly, but with none of the inner fire of a continued spark. ;) He introduced me as Audrey, not by my formal rank and title, which inferred that he thought of me as more than a colleague and wanted others, including [face_dancing] an old girlfriend to know it.

[face_love] !!!

Very promising, indeed. :)

+++++++

@RX_Sith @Hazel @};-
    RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Yes, very promising developments for Jim and Audrey as they embark on their journey towards eternal romantic bliss. [:D]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Good! Jim is learning. =D=
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Rushing In

"Did you have to rush in with never a thought to your own safety? That's what the Security detail is for." I scolded, although I was also touched by the impulsive gesture and what it implied.

"Those goons were holding you and the rest of the hostages behind a communications blackout. I didn't know what was happening. I didn't want harm to come to the children, naturally, but you were my first concern, also."

"It's a good thing you have such great aim." I grinned.

"I had incentive." Was the half-teasing reply. "You're the most important person to me."

I melted at the sweet words and sincerity behind them.

"You're starting to think more in terms of we and us ," I remarked, deeply pleased.

Jim smiled. "You've been very patient."

I laughed.

Then, he called me Imzadi - not just in a romantic moment, or even offhandedly, but with tenderness.

Oh, that definitely put me on a cloud. :)

+++++

@RX_Sith
    @Hazel
    Thanks for your super reviews. :D
    RX_Sith likes this.
  11. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Well, at least Jim's becoming less of a scoundrel; but does that relegate him to nerfherder status then? [face_laugh]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Aww, what a sweet collection of moments! It is great to see their relationship sparking and growing here - I particularly liked Kirk greeting the old girlfriend, and the we and us - rather telling signs all! [face_love]

=D=
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I think she secretly liked his dashing rescue. ;)
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hi all. @Mira_Jade , inspired by your "Recover. @};- @RX_Sith @ Hazel :)

~~~

"Those blasted throwbacks to the Pleistocene." Audrey fumed. "Len was right: that was harebrained."

"I was right, too." Jim objected. "I did get us out of the Enorians' trap."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "Hmmmph! Nearly became their midnight snack, on top of it." She sighed in frustration. "Is this your misguided attempt to get me to fall in love with you all over again? Because I never fell out, but that's not something you really need to know.... It'll give you a really swelled head."

Jim laughed. "It hadn't occurred to me, no. But I wouldn't have minded that as a side benefit."

Audrey chuckled. "You are so incorrigible. By the way, our ever unflappable Mr. Spock has been trying to inconspicuously lurk in the observation area."

Jim's eyes grew soft. "I assured him I would make it, and he told me in turn my odds were quite good. He is quite better than my own brother, you know?"

"I do. And I made sure to thank him for it on the way in."

"What happened?"

"He told me there was no need in that undeniably unique way of his."

When Nyota heard of this during a brief com-chat with Audrey, Nyota sighed. "We sure know how to pick 'em."

"They'll make us gray before our time," Audrey rejoined, "And fill our lives with all the joy and sweetness we can take."

"And I can take a great deal." Nyota laughed.

+++++
    Last edited by Jade_eyes, Mar 30, 2013
    RX_Sith likes this.
  15. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    They certainly do know how to pick them. ;)
    RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Hair-raising tactics and gun-ho ambition definitely make Kirk who he is and likewise for Audrey to enjoy those qualities as well.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I loved everything about this - Audrey's reaction was spot on, and there was just something too perfect about the idea of Spock trying to 'lurk' unnocticed right outside. Brothers indeed. [face_love]

And then:

"They'll make us gray before our time," Audrey rejoined, "And fill our lives with all the joy and sweetness we can take."

A perfect jem of a line, there. [face_love]

Well done, as always. =D=
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    ~~~

It seemed to be a gradual growing into again. But when they looked back on it, their "rough patch" blended smoothly into the overall rise and fall of their relationship's progress. It lent itself to making their love stronger, crystallizing their motive to work on keeping together. It was a decision of the mind and the heart, a conscious choice to trust and cherish.

Jim summed it up best when he told his mom: "She's the one woman - the only one - I could or would or will ever change for."

Not out of obligation or because of being harangued, but because her happiness and them together were and would always be #1.

Quite the consummately perfect definition of what defines a permanent life-bond.

+++

Fin

@Mira_Jade
    @Hazel - sheesh I miss Burning Bright LOL [:D]
  19. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful and sweet ending! [face_love]

I'm ending my vacation and then I'll get back to writing. I'm going to dobR2's diary first though.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    A lovely ending! [face_love]
    Jade_eyes likes this.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl