main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Into Darkness] Into Darkness and Beyond

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: [Star Trek Into Darkness] Into Darkness and Beyond

Author: RX_Sith

Fandom: Before Star Trek Into Darkness and Beyond

Characters: All of the crew of the Enterprise and more

Genre: Action, humor, and bromance

Summary: The Enterprise crew continues its voyages of discovering strange new worlds and boldly going where no one has gone before.

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me, but I can still at least kick the doors.

A/N: This will be based on the upcoming second Star Trek movie called Star Trek Into Darkness with hopefully a good deal of mush, logic, emotions, stories and ideas from both TOS and the movies with now the Star Trek 2009 crew as altered by the timeline and leading into the movie Star Trek Into Darkness and beyond.

Addendum: I will be finishing the Star Trek 2009 Thread whenever it is repaired due to being truncated. In the meantime, I will primarily be posting for now in this thread for Star Trek stories.

Into Darkness and Beyond

There are times when I envy my older Prime version and wish that it was I who was developing the new Vulcan Colony and experiencing the newness of a brand new world where nothing is set in stone and where the best of intentions will bring about a renewed purpose for the Vulcan race.

But, that is a human emotion, one of many that I try to squelch and push into my inner being where my Vulcan logic can dispose of these frivolous emotions. And yet, they continue to surface more and more as I grow closer and closer to my beloved, Nyota.

She has always given me more reasons than I care to admit to let my emotions go when I am with her and I relish the uniqueness that our love has developed into that I actually enjoy our time together and miss her deeply when we are apart.

This was another one of those times where I have decided to let my emotions guide my steps and my course of action; for I am preparing to ask her a very important question; one that I know she will gush at my humble request and accept wholeheartedly.

The Enterprise has been through many missions and has encountered once again the Klingon Empire, which is once again flexing its muscles and attacking Federation outposts close to the border of the Klingon Empire. These attacks are becoming more common as usually a small force of Klingon Warbirds decloak and attack these Federation outposts usually destroying key areas and then returning back to Klingon territory.

The Enterprise has been dispatched to one of the outlying areas that has not been attacked yet, but which sits just inside the Federation side of the Klingon border. We suspect that this outpost will be the next to be attacked and are headed there at top warp speed.

Captain’s Log: We are enroute to Federation Outpost 7, where a new Space Station has just been completed called Deep Space Station K-7, which is close to Sheridan’s Planet, home to Quadrotriticale, a type of grain that grows indigenously on the planet.

“Captain, we are receiving a Code One Alert from Deep Space Station K-7,” Lt. Uhuru announces to James T. Kirk, Captain of the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701.

“Red Alert,” Captain Kirk orders as the ship raises its shields and arms its phaser banks and photon torpedoes. “Mr. Scott, I need you to push the engines beyond specs, we need to reach Deep Space Station K-7 immediately.”

“Aye, Captain,” Scotty answers, “She’s more than capable of stretching ‘er legs.”

“Thank you, Mr. Scott,” Kirk remarks, “Mr. Spock, thoughts?”

“I have scanned the area, Captain,” Mr. Spock explains, “And I see no activity of Klingon ship movements into the affected area.”

“That’s strange,” Kirk wonders, “I wonder why they issued a Code One Alert.”

To Be Continued…

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RX!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Fantab start! =D= I melted at the first section with the first person POV -- brilliantly written that; :D the mention of a question - delightful! I guess you wouldn't be surprised at this: SQUEEEEEEEE! already? [face_laugh]

[face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your take on Spock

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay! A brand new Star Trek fic. :D [face_dancing]

Great start you've got here. I foresee great things.

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Love it! Bring on the speculation fics--I can't wait to see where this goes!

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Thanks for approving this new story for Star Trek. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Hopefully, my version of Spcok will be remarkable. :cool:

Hazel: Well, hopefully I can contine to write great things always. :D

NYCitygurl: Speculation is always great fun. [face_idea]

Into Darkness and Beyond: Act I – Into Darkness
    There are many things that humans are afraid of and the darkness of night is one of the things that many humans are frightened of especially when they are young and alone in their bedrooms. From the strange sounds that the wind makes at night, to thunderstorms, looming tree shadows, and other such noises, there are many things that frighten children at night.

They are told of stories like the Boogieman or other such creatures that will hide in their closets or under their beds, and each of these they at first believe because both of the unknown and from being so easy to scare at a young age. Halloween, in particular, is a strange human celebration of the dead, ghosts, goblins, and other such ethereality type apparitions.

It is indeed strange to celebrate such a weird legend where ancient forces of evil can unleash their wicked powers loose upon the population. But, out in space, with total and complete darkness all around the ship and stretching for light years, it can make even older humans jumpy and edgy as the days between one visit to a strange new world and the next seem to stretch out longer and longer.

I snuck up on Nyota and touched her quickly on her sides as she jumped around dropping her tricorder in the quick momentary lapse of her usual composure.

“Spock!” she exclaimed, “You know that I always am jumpy when you surprise me from behind.”

“Yes,” I merely stated, “It brings me a rather human emotion seeing it.”

“Really?” she retorted, with a regretful sigh, “It’s too bad that you know all of my secret ticklish areas as well and that you are… well… NOT ticklish… so I have no way to get back at you.”

“That is true,” I agreed with her assessment, “But, why do you want to?”

“Are you kidding?” Her glance was full of wistful mischief, “Boy, would I like to have a chance just to turn the tables on you just once to give you a taste of your own medicine.”

“My own medicine?” I inquired dumbfoundedly, “I know of no medicine that I am currently taking.”

She quickly poked me in the stomach, yet I was unflinching.

“Oh, you are just beyond help!” she exclaimed rather sadly, “See, I can’t even get you to flinch.”

“And why would you want me to do that?” I openly wondered.

“To be playful and get even,” she responded with her sweet smile, “That’s all I want to do is get even.”

“Sorry to disappoint you then,” I explained logically, “But Vulcans do not get perturbed by this evenness you are talking about.”

“Perturbed, eh?!” Her tone was exasperated. “Well, I’ll just see you later.” She marched out of the room and I could have sworn I heard her mention something about me being impossible as the doors closed behind her.

I decide to wait a few moments before I head to the bridge to assume my post at the science station. As I enter the bridge, I specifically seek her out, but she quickly turns her face towards her console upon seeing me arrive. I go to my station as everyone notices our non-interactiveness on the bridge.

“Problems, Spock,” the Captain queries me.

“None that I am aware of, Captain,” I respond as Nyota gives me a quick glare that Kirk notices.

“I see,” Kirk remarks, “Nothing like a lover’s quarrel.

“We did not quarrel,” I state sincerely to him and once again Nyota stares daggers back at me.

“So you say,” Kirk states, “Well, Spock, the first thing that you have to say is that you are sorry.”

“I’m sorry?” I ask, “Sorry for what?”

Once again Nyota gives me the evil eye as I try to explain our situation.

“That, for one,” Kirk tells me, “She is obviously upset with you and you need to apologize.”

“But, I did nothing,” I respond truthfully.

“Maybe that’s the problem,” Kirk remarks, “You need to do something special for her instead of nothing.”

I was about to continue the conversation more, but I realized that really it was none of the Captain’s or anyone else’s business on the bridge to discuss my situation with Nyota.

“I will,” I merely replied as I assumed my post at the science station. I once again tried to get Nyota to notice me, but she avoided my glances, so I turned to the task at hand and scanned the area.

“We should be entering the coordinates of Deep Space Station K-7 in five minutes and 22 seconds at our current speed, Captain,” I reported our progress towards Deep Space Station K-7.

“Thank you, Mr. Spock,” Kirk acknowledged me, “Any Klingon activity to report?”

“None, Captain,” Spock stated, “There are….”

Suddenly, everything on the ship went dark. All motion came to a standstill as all of the power on the ship went out at once.

“Emergency lights,” Kirk ordered as the reddish lights lit up the Bridge, “Assessment, what happened?”

“I am unable to assess without our instruments, Captain,” Spock reported.

“Guess then?” Kirk asked.

The viewscreen was blank from any stars or light, there was nothing but complete darkness no matter which way the viewer was pointed.

“We are motionless in space,” Spock explained, “And, all power except for emergency power is gone.”

“Options?” Kirk queried.

“None at the moment, Captain,” Spock replied, “Our batteries for emergency power will only last six hours. After that, we’ll be completely in the dark.”

“Break out the emergency lighting then for the ship,” Kirk ordered, “I want a deck by deck sweep to ensure that everyone is alright. Spock and Uhuru, you two check the even decks, I and Sulu will check the odd decks and we’ll return back to the Bridge in two hours.”

“Acknowledged, Captain,” Spock responded as he walked towards Nyota. She begrudgingly took his offered hand and they opened the hatch to the lower levels of the ship, “See you in two hours, Captain.”

To Be Continued…

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, RX, -- I loved this post. It's a great setup for a riveting tale. Very mysterious goings-on with the sudden, inexplicable darkness. [face_thinking] =D=

The first scene made my tummy hurt; I need to wear a brave hat for L/M angst, my tolerance is pretty low LOL for S/U, it's nonexistent [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Eagerly awaiting more!!!!!

Like tomorrow [face_love] [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The Spock/Nyota scene was just.... delightful :D [face_love]

I loved it when Kirk takes charge. ;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jim would make a perfect Rogue pilot too [face_rofl] - he'd fit right in with the Correllians :D :D

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love Kirk--fix Nyota's problems with Spock, then address the real issues :p

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I did a squee and a dance when I saw this- its so good to see new fic from you! You have a great intro going already - I loved Kirk's advice here. Too classic. :p

I can't wait to see more! [face_dancing]

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes: Well, I did not do the next scene right away, but I am sure that this will be good enough. :D And, Kirk with Han Solo would be two scoundrels who would definitely one-up each other. [face_thinking]

Hazel: Kiek taking charge is what he does best. ;)

NYCitygurl: Kirk always knows what situtation to address first. :)

Mira_Jade: Kirk always has good advice for his crew. [face_praying] Next act coming up.

Into Darkness and Beyond: Act II – Impermeable Darkness
    Darkness envelops you like nothing else in its total impermeable blackness where you lose your sense of vision to the point of fear; fear of the unknown; fear of the darkness itself, fear of things that go bump in the blackness; fear of failure; fear of all of your uncontrollable emotions surfacing at the moment that you wish that you could control them, but because of the darkness you cannot, and therefore, you succumb to the darkness.

It controls you like nothing else possibly can, it clouds your better judgments to such a point that you break, and unless light somehow illuminates your path, you will walk around haphazardly, you will lose your sanity and your mind, you will become so overwhelmed with fear that it will cause you to lose all self-control.

It’s usually at this point that you scream out of fear, out of trying to get anyone’s attention, out of the fact that maybe your scream will silence the darkness, but it only grows even larger and darker than ever, permeating your inner soul, releasing its torment upon your fears, upon your sight, and upon your collectiveness.

Fear becomes so much out of your control that you just fall to the floor hoping to feel your way towards some kind of exit from the darkness. You will do anything to find that relief from the darkness; just one sliver of light will lift your spirit to such an opposite extreme that you wish for it now; for the darkness makes you outright scared and alone in your torment. It has you and it won’t let go. The darkness that is and will be until you find a way out. Any way out… any way out… any way out…

Their lights helped to break the mysterious red glow of the emergency lighting that eerily illuminated the decks of the ship as Spock and Nyota made sure that everyone was alright. They told the ones that they came across to make sure that they had portable emergency lighting when the emergency lights would eventually go out. This calmed most of the crew, but a few were panicking and it took a little longer to calm their fears to the point where Spock and Uhuru could continue their progress from one deck of the ship to the next.

“The crew for the most part is performing admirably,” Spock noted to Uhuru who was very close to him, but not quite touching yet.

“It’s alright for some to panic,” Uhuru pointed out, “The thought of the unknown does frighten them.”

“And you?” Spock wondered.

“As long as I am with you, then I have nothing to fear, right?” Nyota truthfully told him, “You know that you are my haven no matter what stones they may heap upon us.”

Spock turned towards her and pulled her close. “I am truthfully sorry for our previous misunderstanding,” he told her as he caressed her face and then bent forward to kiss her deeply.

“That is alright,” Nyota responded as her heart beat more quickly, “You know that I can only hold a grudge for so long. I just want you to act more human in your responses, but I know that because of your Vulcan heritage and logic that is something that will come with my guidance and love.”

Spock kissed her again as he rubbed his hands down her back and held her as close to himself as he could. “You are everything to me and more, my love” he spoke in between kisses and caresses, “I will and always have loved you since the first moment I saw you.”

“And I the same,” Nyota told him between her own kisses and caresses of Spock as well, “You bring joy to my day and night, from now on, no more spats, alright.”

“I whole-heartedly agree,” Spock concurred, “Besides, it’s illogical.”

Nyota openly laughed and kissed him even more. “Perhaps a slight diversion is necessary for us to complete our make-up session.”

“I will commence on proceeding towards our quarters most expeditiously,” Spock assured her as he picked her up and carried her to their quarters hastily. From there, they did their make-up session for quite some time to ensure that they were mending fences and simply loving each other completely.

Kirk and Sulu arrived in Engineering to see if Mr. Scott could garner any more power of out the emergency power batteries.

“Well, Scotty,” Kirk asked, “Is there any way to get maybe a few more hours of the batteries?”

“I wish there were, Cap’n,” Scotty smiled obligingly, “But she can only give us one a few more hours and then we’ll be sitting ducks.”

“That’s not what I want to hear,” Kirk acknowledged his rather gloomy assessment, “See what else you can come up with… heck, get out and push ‘er if that is what it takes.”

“Aye, Cap’n,” Scotty replied as he tried to be cheery, “I’ll come up with something, Cap’n, even if I do have to get out and push as you suggest.”

Kirk slapped him on his shoulder, “Good, I know you will. I guess we’ll go to Bones and see what numerous complaints he has about the situation,” Kirk stated out loud, “I’m sure that he’s quite cheery as well.”

Scotty and Sulu shook their heads no to that happening. “I know, I can hear it now… Jim, I’m a doctor…”

“Jim, I’m a doctor, not a wild stallion,” Bones told him another of his tales, “I can only help the crew which as you can see has inundated the Sickbay with complaints of hearing noises and being scared of the situation.”

“What noises?” Kirk wondered, “I know that I and Sulu haven’t heard anything.”

“You know what I mean,” Bones unleashed on him, “They think that they are hearing noises when, of course, they aren’t any. And Nurse Chapel isn’t helping matters by telling them that it’s all in their heads. If I wanted her opinion, I’d ask for it.”

“Good to know that you’ve got the situation well under control,” Kirk smirked at Bones, “If you need any further assistance, you know where to find me.”

“Great, now you’re acting just as facetious as she is,” Bones started to complain, “That’s all I need is no support at all, especially from you.”

“Glad that you agree,” Kirk smacked Bones on the back, “It’s been a great talk. We’ll have to do this again sometime.”

Bones just glared at Kirk as he exited Sickbay back towards his continuing search of the ship. “I’d hate to say this, but I miss that Green-Blooded Goblin when he gets that way,” he muttered to himself as he turned his attention back to the numerous patients in Sickbay.

To Be Continued…

Tag list:

Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Mira_Jade

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I liked that! =D= The description of darkness - very apt literally and otherwise [face_thinking] The S/U dialogue - melty! Bones is a riot and always good for a chuckle. :D

And yes, hearing noises is definitely to be expected.

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Excellent intro tho the chapter =D=

Again, the S/U scene was just wonderful. And I loved Bones and Kirk.

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    “You know that you are my haven no matter what stones they may heap upon us.”
    [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice rivetting story and action and of course Bones and his 'hilarious' remarks. Love that guy

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes : Thanks for tweeking this act and for your input and support as well. [:D]

Hazel : Spock and Uhuru I find to be as loving towards each other as they are to the crew of the ship. :D

NYCitygurl : A great little passage that sums up Spock and Nyota's love bond. :)

earlybird-obi-wan : Bones always is a unique character to explore and his dynamics definitely are on display here. :cool:

Into Darkness and Beyond: Act III – Darkness Ensues
    You cannot see emotions in the dark, but you can definitely feel them; they make you feel things that are not there; they strike fear into you despite your best efforts to avoid it; for darkness {inundates] your very being; permeating your inner soul with your worst fears and illusions.

It consumes your thoughts so thoroughly that it is the only thing that you can possibly think about; the darkness; it’s so black and so unwavering in its non-luminescence. There is only one thing that will bring an end to it; light, any kind of light, even a sliver you would accept as a god-send. But, the darkness will have none of your hope, for it wants to envelop you forever.

It wants to make you hope beyond hope for any escape from its encapsulating wrap all around you; to the left, to the right, up and down, forwards and backwards, every which way it surrounds you with its powerful grip; a grip so tight and unrelenting that you cower from its wrath; for you want it to leave you alone; to be gone and never come back.

Nyota sighed in a soft and completely satisfied fashion. "You know, I'm far from ready to move from this spot." She murmured contentedly.

"Which spot is that?" Her love asked, stroking her leisurely from shoulder to hip.

She grinned and winked, "All cozily snugged up with you. But we're probably needed on the bridge ... we can always pick up where ..." She trailed off as he nuzzled her throat.

"Then again, we can always wait until we're called for!" She laughed happily and melted into him again.

Fate would make that choice rather short and presumptuous as the ship suddenly jolts spilling Spock and Nyota on top of each other on the now darkened floor as the lights on the ship went completely dark.

“Emergency lights,” Spock ordered the computer to no avail. His eyes adjusted faster than Nyota’s to the blackness that enveloped the room as he grabbed for the bed that he had just fallen from and then the drawers besides it for the portable lights they had used before.

As he powered the lights on, Nyota clung close to him as she caught her breath and breathed a sigh of relief.

“I’ve never told you that I have a slight aversion to the dark,” she pursed her still quivering lips at the light that made her stop shivering.

“No, I did not realize that,” Spock told her as he held her close, “Everything will be alright as long as we are together.”

“I know,” Nyota simply replied, thankful for Spock’s strength, determination, logic, and passion, “And I love you as completely as the soothing bathing light that has lifted my soul.”

“And I love you as well,” he returned her affection and gratitude with a strong, lingering kiss of immediate and delightful passion, “I know that you are my lovely darling to whom I will show the upmost of passion and love, forever.”

“And that is all that I need,” Nyota answered lowly, her dark eyes full of an endless sort of love, “I will return you the same love in kind and always respect your culture and uniqueness; for we are two who have always been and always will be.”

Spock kissed her deeply as he pulled her up to her feet as they now quickly got dressed to determine the cause of the power outage.

“We should turn our efforts towards helping the crew now,” Spock spoke clearly and precisely, “They will need our help.”

“I wholeheartedly agree,” Nyota reaffirmed his decision, “For they may feel the same way I briefly felt; in the dark, frightened, and hoping for help.”

They exited their quarters and headed towards a Storage area where more portable lighting was available and put as much as they could in some portable bags. Then, they headed towards Sickbay since they would need lighting first. As they rounded the corner, the ship suddenly lurched again sending them both tumbling towards the bulkhead. Spock barely grabbed Nyota in time before she would have hit the bulkhead and pulled her to him as they skidded to the walls.

He held her close as the ship violently shook more and more as if being yanked from side to side by a huge creature in its grip. They crawled slowly towards Sickbay and immediately shut the doors behind them and turned on their portable lighting as they saw numerous people crying for help as they lay on the floor from being tossed from their beds.

They immediately helped everyone back to their beds as Doctor McCoy entered the area.

“Damn, I’m glad that you are here to help,” he quipped, “This lurching is even making me a little queasy.”

“Doctor, pull yourself together,” Spock told him, “They need your support, not your discomfort.”

“Geez, give me a break, you green-blooded goblin,” he quipped again, “You probably prefer the dark, don’t you?”

“Doctor…” Spock was about to retort but Nyota cut him off, “Listen, guys, let’s just take care of these patients first, then we can argue later.”

“That’s what I’ve been doing for the past 24 hours,” McCoy quipped once more, “Geez, I’m a Doctor you know, not a nurse.”

“I object to that,” Nurse Chapel quickly butted in.

“You would,” McCoy quipped back.

“Doctor, Nurse,” Nyota held up her hand, “We must be professionals here.”

“Tell her,” McCoy pointed his finger at Nurse Chapel, “She started it.”

“Ah, some men,” Nyota mumbled under her breath, “Let’s just get these patients some comfort,” she ordered them practically.

“Yes, ma’am,” McCoy sarcastically responded, “Whatever you say.

"He's been nothing but a grouch, and how's that supposed to reassure anybody?" Chapel asked Nyota, who rolled her eyes in sympathy.

"Geez, give some an inch and they take a mile,” McCoy jokingly tried to finally lighten up.

“Let’s go,” Nyota turned abruptly and marched out of Sickbay, “Obviously, we’re not needed here.”

Spock paused for a slight moment, arched his eyebrow and exited with Nyota, “Good luck,” he merely told McCoy and Chapel.

“Thanks,” McCoy responded as the door shut, “Well, Nurse Chapel, we ain’t got all day, let’s get cracking.”

To Be Continued…

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow, that was certainly distressing.

Again, the S/U scene was a real squee. :*

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the Bones Chapel scene just the way they are always. Bickering and bantering. I like that stuff

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And the plot thickens. The S/U moment was to squee for, but what I really really enjoyed with this part was McCoy and his mouth. You have the banter of the crew down perfectly.

Especially:

“That’s what I’ve been doing for the past 24 hours,” McCoy quipped once more, “Geez, I’m a Doctor you know, not a nurse.”

“I object to that,” Nurse Chapel quickly butted in.

[face_laugh]

Favourite line! =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh delightful! I agree with Hazel (squee!) and Chapel has to put up with a lot :p [face_laugh] Tweaking is always a blast! [face_love] [face_dancing]

RX_Sith likes this.
  22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel : Well, Spock and Uhuru definitely bring out the best in each other. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan : Bickering and bantering are definitely essential parts of Bones and Chapel's dialogue. :D

Mira_Jade : Sqeeing for Spock and Uhuru leads to things like in my icon. [face_love]

Jade_eyes: Chapel dealing with McCoy alone is enough to render anyone else absolutely crazy. [face_hypnotized]

Into Darkness: Improbable Darkness
    Improbability is something that makes situations harder to resolve than normal, and yet, we live with improbability all of the time. Each decision that we make will decide our next course of action and we have to weigh the improbabilities of life into what our decision will be.

Sometimes we make good decisions and sometimes we make bad decisions, but hopefully, we learn from both and make the best decision possible when the time arises. Improbability is both the good and the bad from our choices in life and recognizing this will make us stronger individuals who can make good decisions especially in crucial situations.

Those of us who can make the hard decisions necessary when critical thinking is required are destined to become great leaders; leaders who handle the worst parts of the job with the greatest of aplomb. They are rewarded with increased levels of responsibility and accountability.

For if something happens wrong, it’s all on them for the improbable outcomes that will occur; will they lose their position, will they get reprimanded; will they be relieved. All of these outcomes and more are the improbabilities that someone in command has to overcome to be successful with not only their career, but with their peers as well.

Kirk and Sulu were patiently waiting for Spock and Uhuru back on the Bridge to further assess their current situation; which was one of a ship with no power, in total darkness, and nowhere to go. It was a precarious situation for any Captain to be a part of, but for Kirk, he understood that there would be situations where there would be no set course of actions that would get them out of their predicament.

Seat of the pants type decisions are sometimes required; something that he had grown accustomed to doing; for despite life’s improbabilities, he had conquered them all, and he wasn’t about to let this downturn of events become his first setback.

“Well, Sulu, since the others are not here yet, I guess it’s up to you and I to decide what to do,” Kirk simply expressed the current situation, “Got any ideas?”

“Unfortunately not, Sir,” Sulu remorsefully responded, “Our situation certainly is grim.”

“That it may be,” Kirk affirmed his younger officer, “But, I don’t like to lose.”

The clanking of the hatch opening suddenly interrupted their dialogue as Spock climbed up through the hatch first, and then assisted Nyota up into the Bridge.

“Sorry for our delay, Captain,” Spock reported, “We have helped as much of the crew as possible.”

“Good, well we could definitely use some help then for our current predicament,” Kirk announced, “Any suggestions?”

“Hope,” Spock stated as he arched his eyebrow.

“How about a plan of action instead,” Kirk suggested.

“Pray,” Spock smirked slightly.

“Hope and pray, you say,” Kirk restated his suggestions, “Anything else?”

“Logic states that if all is probable, then think of the improbable,” Spock suggested.

“And thus we get back to hoping and praying,” Kirk reinstated his previous suggestions.

“Exactly,” Spock simply responded.

Kirk threw up his hands in disgust. “I might as well just simply get out and push the ship myself then since that is obviously the only way out of this.”

“If you think that will help,” Spock simply concluded.

“Well, it just might!” Kirk shouted flabbergasted by his Science Officer’s assessment of their current situation.

“Seriously, Captain,” Spock remarked, “Your emotional outbursts will not get us out of our current predicament.”

“You think!” Kirk burst out again, “Wow, awesome conclusion!”

Just as Spock was about to actually offer some insightful input into the situation, the ship rocked again and everyone fell to the floor as the ship lurched and suddenly sped up. The ship started to go faster and faster until finally everyone was knocked out unconscious by the sheer acceleration of the ship.

The ship suddenly stopped as the brightness of a triple-sun system cast an eerie glow inside of the ship as another ship pulled up alongside the Enterprise.

The other ship accessed the Enterprise’s shuttle bay and landed inside while the doors closed behind it. One man descended from the back of the ship as he flipped over a hood that had covered his facial features.

To Be Continued…

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: Ooh, great cliffie there at the end. :D =D= So, Jim doesn't like to lose LOL - he's so Correllian - it's amazing sometimes. Some lady needs to call him a nice scoundrelly nerf-herder and be done with it [face_rofl]

Hoping and praying -- worked for men and women of faith throughout the centuries, a virtual cloud of witnesses :) - seems rather a good plan of action to me on top of the tangible stuff and that my sweetie boo mentioned it at all -- I'd like to eat him up with a scoopful of hot fudge -- yeppers =P~ ^:)^

Eagerly awaiting more!! [face_love] [:D] !!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the banter! And ahh, evil cliffie!

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the insightful lesson, the banter and wow a cliffie

RX_Sith likes this.