main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Into Darkness] Into Darkness and Beyond

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jim is certainly getting no help from his crew. It's not easy being the captain in a situation like this.

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And now THAT is a cliffie. Wonderfully done. ;)

My favorite part of this chapter was Kirk and Spock's banter. It was just too fun. This:

Hope,” Spock stated as he arched his eyebrow.

“How about a plan of action instead,” Kirk suggested.

“Pray,” Spock smirked slightly.

Priceless. :cool:

I can't wait for more. =D=

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The only difference is that Jim can never get Spock to be as idiotic as Hobbie and Wes can with each other -- those two never grow up and they feed off each other [face_laugh]

Jim wants to ruffle him up but he is as calm and collected as ever -- gosh, I could just -- :* :* - but it was just this sorta exchanges which reeled me in to TOS [face_dancing] and I stayed away from TNG as long as I did because I knew the snippy repartee would and could never be so classically fine! :D :) But TNG has its own appeal LOL -- ;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    NYCitygurl: Banter between the main cast are very essential plot and dialogue points required of any Star Trek story. :D

earlybird-obi-wan : Insightful revelations are truly life lessons that the crew and lovers have to go through to gel even better together. :)

Hazel : Of course Kirk gets help when he truly needs it, but it is good for Captain's to face tough decisions and still make the best choices under duration. [face_thinking]

Mira_Jade : Spock's observations and dialogue are indeed a unique point of view to the current dilemma facing the crew. ;)

Jade_eyes : Jim takes Spock's observations and his viewpoint seriously despite the fact that they feed off of each other immensely. [:D]

Into Darkness: Darkness’ True Form
    Ominous beings are dark and maligned characters that are meant to strike fear into their opponents. From the beginning of time to the dark ages to now, there have always been figures or beings that have tormented the galaxy like a black hole consumes a helpless star; sucking the life out of the light into the gaping mouth of darkness embodied in such lifelessness that all hope seems to be lost forever.

It is though in these times that the light shines through for us to see, fighting darkness with its pure essence and illuminating qualities. White light so pure that we behold its wonder and uniqueness, and then with prisms we break down that light into colors so vibrant that they reveal even more wonders to us than we ever thought possible.

Life is like that of the color spectrum, from visible to invisible, from seen to unseen, from light to dark, from good to evil; each incarnation the exact opposite of the other; each one in need of the other to exist; for there cannot be life without death, there cannot be light without darkness, there cannot be good without evil; each one dependent on the other for its existence, and each one nonexistent without its opposite force.

The man surveyed his surroundings inside the cargo bay of the Enterprise and breathed in deeply the recycled air. He pursed his lips with a sigh of relief and comfort; as if he had been waiting a lifetime to breathe in some clean air; whether it was recycled or not.

He touched a device that was coiled around his left arm like a snake and tapped on it three times. Suddenly more small crafts entered the reopened shuttle bay and formed twin lines behind his craft. A group of two; one man and one woman descended from each small vessel and formed twin lines behind the first man.

He cleared his throat and spread out his arms as if he was welcoming them to their new home. “Behold, this vessel will enable us to spread out amongst the galaxy like fireflies, journeying to regions we’ve only heard stories about. We will become the greatest group of people that have ever lived. We will spread our story of victory to our children, and they will do so likewise to their children. For today is the first day of a new age for man. A new age of retribution for the crimes committed against us; a new age of reclamation for the things stolen from us; our freedom, our liberty, our pursuit of happiness; a new age of renewal of our spirits as we have finally been cleansed of our cage; and a new age that has brought us a reward. I present to you your first reward. This ship will allow us to rule with strength and with absolute power.”

To Be Continued…

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent! =D= @};-

Leaders with overweaning egos and grand gifts for oratory seem to be the same no matter the time and place :p Notice the sense of entitlement [face_thinking]

Eagerly awaiting more and even if the next act and epilogue have to be posted together [face_laugh] -- no problem for this reader with rampant can't wait to read-itis [face_batting]

And if you need assistance brainstorming, I'd love to help out ... :bighugs:

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This was one ominous chapter.

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Your prose here in the first section was just amazing - too true about the light and the dark and its nature.

And as for the second . . . You definitely have me hooked. =D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    invasion and dark beings; intriguing

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @Jade_eyes : Of course Kirk doesn't like to lose. [:D] And hot fudge actually sounds pretty good right now.

NYCitygurl : Yes, sometimes a little suspense helps with the story. :D

@earlybird-obi-wan : The banter is always to me one of the best parts of Star Trek (after Spock and Uhuru together [face_love] ) .

@Hazel : He will eventually get the help that he needs from his crew because he's going to need it. [face_worried]

@Mira_Jade : Thanks for the compliments. Here's the next part for everyone. :)

Into Darkness: Darkness Arrives
    Sometimes you get the feeling that things are totally out of your control in regards to what you can do. You like being in control, of acting invincible, as if asking for life to throw you something that you cannot handle. And when that happens, then you wish that you had never wanted to have some excitement, to have a challenge that was so foreboding that you would lose those closest to you.

But, life is full of such drastic choices and recognizing the strategy that is required to conquer your fears, your weaknesses, your wanton and reckless behavior and lifestyle brings you to the realization that you can overcome the darkest of times with your wits, your leadership, and with the help of those around you.

For if you try to act alone then you will fail both as a person and as a leader. Incorporating your team to assist you and be there for you when you need them, both in good times and bad swatting away life’s challenges like you would swat a fly. Only then will you realize that all you are is because of those who are around you, both those close to you and those you consider as friends, and even those who you hardly know anything about. You are the sum of all of these people and with this knowledge, you know that when times get tough, your team will help you in making things right.

For sometimes there is no tomorrow and it is in these times that you must acknowledge your mortality and that of those around you. Acting recklessly only brings harm to those around you and learning this lesson and life’s other lessons helps you to grow into the great leader you will become. For without these hardships, you cannot grow, and with each success to these hardships you learn what is required to deal with harder obstacles that will block your way.

Kirk, Sulu, Spock, and Uhuru awoke on the Bridge wondering exactly what had happened. They were orbiting a world that none of them had ever seen before.

“Where are we?” Kirk inquired.

“I am unable to ascertain our position, Captain,” Spock reported from the Science Station, “All of equipment seems to be working, but I cannot pinpoint where we are.”

“Well, let’s find out then,” Kirk ordered, “Spock, Uhuru, and Sulu, I want you to go to the Shuttlebay to see if we have been boarded. I will go to Engineering to get us out of here.”

They all left the Bridge and commenced to their locations. As Kirk ran down empty hallway after empty hallway, he began to worry that something was indeed very wrong.

The mysterious man and his cohorts had already beamed the majority of the crew to the planet’s surface. They scanned the ship and saw a few remaining life signs that they were closing in on.

“This has been far easier than I had ever planned,” he spoke proudly to his followers, “We will bring about vast destruction and purge the Federation from the history books.”

To Be Continued…

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith -- I'm here. LOL Terrific and mysterious update. :cool:

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, very mysterious! I'm excited :D

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Dun dun duuuuuunnnnn!

Watch out, Kirk!

RX_Sith likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And cue mystery music. That was . . . intriuging indeed. I can't wait for some answers. ;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @Jade_eyes : Mystery is an integral part of revealing the many intracasies that will be revealed soon. [:D]

@Hazel : I'm excited as well for both the crew and the villain. [face_mischief]

NYCitygurl : Yes, Kirk definitely needs to watch out for trouble. [face_devil]

@Mira_Jade : Yes, mystery music would make the scene more tense and intriguing. ;)

@earlybird-obi-wan : Here's the next part for everyone.

Into Darkness: Darkness Against Light

Knowing beforehand what is about to transpire or having premonitions and dreams can give insight to bad events that are about to occur. This was one of those times for Captain Kirk as he felt his senses tingle from the total lack of crew as he wondered towards Engineering. He saw a ladder that would both hide him from any intruder and go to a lower level of the ship. He climbed down the ladder and recessed himself into the corner.

"The life sign has disappeared," he heard someone say.

"This person is clever," another voice echoed down the empty shaft, "We will find them sooner or later for our conquest is at hand."

The click-clack of footsteps harkingly permeated for a few moments before finally dissipating. Kirk released a near gasp from his breath as he commenced down to the next lower level. He made his way to auxiliary control instead so that he could find out exactly what was happening. He pulled up the cameras to different locations on the ship and saw that the main parts of his ship were being manned by these invaders. He would have to find a work-around to disable their efforts.

Spock, Nyota and Sulu were just outside of the Shuttlebay as they observed numerous people watching guard over the mysterious shuttles that were in the Shuttlebay.

"This isn't going to be easy," Spock mused, "The only option available is to gas the ship to regain control."

"Well, besides Engineering, the only other place on the ship to do so would be from auxilary control," Sulu stated proudly.

"Yes, we must go there immediately and then we can find anyone else aboard."

As they turned around, they were immediately surrounded by their captors.

"You are not going anywhere," one of them told them, "Take them to the transporter room to be beamed to the surface along with the others."

"Yes, sir," another captor responded as they led them towards the nearest transporter room.

"What are we going to do now?" Nyota questioned Spock.

"We will obey them for now until we have an opportunity to escape," he whispered to her and Sulu, "Understand?"

"Yes," they both responded remorsefully to their current situation.

Kirk programmed the ship to release gas into every part of the ship except for auxiliary control. He then watched on the screen as one after another of the intruders slumped to the ground from the gas. His plan was working and he would soon have control of his ship back.

To be continued...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Jim!!!!!!!!! Blimey, I wish someone had a lightsaber [face_laugh] or a techie guru like the fine Penelope Garcia -- turn their computers into slag and/or dog their tracks until they're totally boxed in [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Eagerly, awaiting more with nail biting edge of seatness. [face_love] !!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good one!!! [face_mischief] =D=

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! Another edge-of-your-seat update. I am glad that Kirk is on the offensive like that. :) I think these badguys just bit off more than they could chew. :p

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Go, Kirk! Hopefully his plan really will work ...

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @Jade_eyes : Kirk's resourcefulness is going to definitely be needed as this story develops. [face_nail_biting]

@Hazel : Thanks. :D

@Mira_Jade : If only that was true. [face_mischief]

NYCitygurl: It's good plan that works for awhile at least. [face_shhh]

[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=5]Into Darkness: Darkness Caged[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=5]Kirk had found out through interviewing the captors who the leader was. As the dark-haired figured paced back and forth inside his lonely brig cell, he saw the Captain and his First Officer come towards the glass partition that separated him from his conquest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"The others say that you are their leader," Kirk started, "Care to explain what you were planning to do?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I'd rather not say," the illusive leader snidely replied, "You are but a small blip in my plans."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]The leader smiled simply and started to turn away from this useless questioning session.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Wait," Kirk announced, "I'm not done interrogating you yet, Mister?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"The name's Harrison," the leader pursed out of his clenched lips, "John Harrison."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Well, Mr. Harrison," Kirk questioned him, "Why are you wearing a Starfleet uniform?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Because I was from Starfleet," Harrison told him plainly, "I have had a rather illustrious career, maybe even better than yours."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"We'll see about that," Kirk motioned to Spock to look up Harrison's record in the Starfleet database. After a few moments Spock came back and whispered some information into Kirk's ear. "There is no record of a John Harrison working for Starfleet. Care to explain yourself?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"You'll find out soon enough," Harrison barked out in fury as he stood perilously close to the glass partition, "Spock, you remember me, don't you?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Spock felt something inside of him that triggered a rage of emotions that flooded through his mind. He screamed out and collapsed to the ground. As Kirk rushed to him, Harrison flashed a mercilous smile across his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"What are you doing to him?" Kirk asked. "Stop it! Stop it now!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Harrison edged away from the glass partition and Spock started to recover. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Spock, what happened?" Kirk inquired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Spock stood up and didn't notice Kirk's glance of comfort and support. He walked over to the partiton that separated him from Harrison and placed his hand on it in the familiar Vulcan salute.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I have been and always will be your friend," Spock pursed out of his lips as Harrison placed his hand next to Spock's.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Yes," Harrison simply stated, "Remember."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Spock then once again slumped to the ground unconscious.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"What have you done to him?" Kirk angrily queried Harrison.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I've released him from his torment," Harrison merely motioned to Spock, "He really needed it, you know."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I demand that you stop what you are doing," Kirk ordered.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"You are in no position to demand anything," Harrison announced, "If you want to save him and the rest of your crew, you will do as I say!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Alright, we'll do this your way, for now," Kirk relented somewhat, "What do you want me to do?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"What you normally would do," Harrison told him simply, "Save the world that we are currently orbiting."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Why," Kirk asked, "What have you done to it?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I have not done anything," Harrison told him, "The planet will no longer exist after 96 hours Earth time. You have until then to find out why and save it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"And you won't help us or tell me anything else?" Kirk questioned him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Why should I assist you and your mighty Federation when you think that you are so safe and comfortable," Harrison rebuked his question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Because if you are an actual Starfleet Officer, then you know that you are required to notify your superiors of any information necessary to help the world we are orbiting," Kirk told him as a fellow Starfleet Officer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"The planet's name is Nibiru," Harrison started to tell him, "That's the only information that I will divulge."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Fine," Kirk stated succinctly, "We will save the planet Nibiru and its inhabitants without your assistance. And once we have, I will then notify Starfleet that we have you in our brig and maybe they will tell me what you don't want to share with me."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Maybe," Harrison smiled broadly, "Then again, maybe not."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]***[/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=5]To Be Continued...[/SIZE][/I]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith ... you rock uberly. =D= =D= Sounds like this Mr. Harrison has delusions of grandeur and persecution. If you "profile" him ;) you'll likely find that he flunked out of Starfleet and feels he always got the short end of every stick. :p He does appear to have some sort of psionic powers, being able to reach out to a telepath, although he violated rule one even in the Old and Jedi Order, you don't initiate without permission, unless you're a mental-terrorist :rolleyes:
    Jim continues to be amazing, absolutely amazing, cool under pressure but taking no nonsense. Each post makes me want the next one, like right right away. [face_batting] @};- [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, wow! Okay, I'm dying to know who this guy really is and why he was able to do that to Spock!

RX_Sith likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And for every question kind of answered, we seem to have a dozen more. :p You've done a really, really great job on developing Harrison's mystique. I can't wait to see where this goes. =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: I'm VERY curious about Harrison. Like who is he, what did he do to Spock and how? Great update! =D=

Btw, my tag didn't work. :confused:

RX_Sith likes this.
  24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @Jade_eyes : Thanks for approving how this story is going and Jim brings about a rather upbeat personality to the predicament that they will be entering. [:D]
    NYCitygurl : Who he is and what he is going to do are going to be rather unpleasant for Kirk and Co. [face_worried]

@Mira_Jade : Well a story without some puzzles to unravel is like a Rubik's Cube that is already complete. [face_whistling]

@Hazel : Harrison is going to be a formidable villain to develop and conquer. :eek:

[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=5]Into Darkness: Nibiru's Darkness[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=5]Kirk, McCoy, and Uhuru surrounded the examining table upon which Spock was laying on while McCoy studied the readings from his tricorder and the medi-bed. He had a harrowing look upon his face as the results to his tests lit up on his PADD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I don't know how I'm going to say this," He started slowly, "So, I'll just come out with it. Spock has some sort of virus that is slowly ridding him of his blood cells. I'm afraid that there is no cure for this disease that he currently has. He has only days, maybe a week at most to live."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Uhuru looked shocked as McCoy finished his assessment of Spock. Spock calmly held her hand. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"It's going to be alright," he told her as she bent forward and kissed him, "I'm sure that our illustrious host has the answer to my current predicament."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Why did you let this happen to him?!" Uhuru practically shouted at Kirk, "We were going to be married next month."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I'm sorry..." Kirk started to say, but then Uhuru cut him off quickly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"No, I don't want your sorries or condolences," she pursed through her quivering lips as tears fell down her cheeks, "I'm going to march myself right now to Mr. Harrison and demand that he help Spock."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"No one but myself and Doctor McCoy are allowed to see him," Kirk rebuked her mission, "Is that understood, Lieutenant?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"No, it is not!" Uhuru shouted as she stormed out of Sickbay on her way to the Brig.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Let her go, Jim," Spock told Kirk as he grabbed his arm, "We still need to develop a plan to rescue the inhabitants of Nibiru without violating the Prime Directive."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Spock, you're not going with us," Kirk announced, "You're under no condition..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Look, Jim," Spock cut him off, "I'm not going to just lay around here waiting to die. Would you?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"No, I wouldn't," Kirk agreed, "Myself and the good Doctor here will lure the inhabitants away from the volcano while you, Uhuru, and Sulu pilot a shuttlecraft towards the volcano. You will plant a device that will render the volcano inert and then immediately head back into orbit. Understood?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Understood, Captain," Spock stated as he got up from the examining table, "I think I'll go see Mr. Harrison as well before we start our mission."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I'm going with you then..." Kirk started to say, "No... on second thought it might just be best for you and Uhuru to see him alone."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Thank you, Captain," Spock sincerely remarked with his cool and collected Vulcan demeanor, "Give us an hour and then we'll be ready to depart."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"You got it," Kirk smiled broadly at his First Officer, "Meanwhile, Doctor, my plan for us..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Now wait a second there, Jim,"I'm a Doctor, not a happy-go-lucky nerfherder to your wild plans."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Oh, there not that wild," Kirk grinned widely, "It's practically to die for."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Now that's the part that I object to," McCoy sternly rebuked Kirk's plan that he realized he was going to accompany him on anyway, "Next time, we will go with my plan instead."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Uhuru arrived at the Brig with her anger flashing across her face. She strode on up to the glass partition and banged on the glass to wake the man who had hurt her beloved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Wake up, you monster!" she spat out, "You're going to pay for what you've done to Spock."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Mr. Harrison calmly stood up and walked toward the partition to greet his assailant, "And what makes you so angry about what I've done to help him."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"You diseased maniac!" Uhuru blurted out, "He's going to die because of what you did!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Oh, that," Harrison cooly rebuffed her anger, "I merely released him from his torment. I did it out of love."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"What do you know about love?!" Uhuru incredulously inquired, "You can't possibly understand the meaning of love."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"And you do?" Harrison simply stated, "I have saved many people that would've died otherwise."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"By controlling them!" Uhuru snarked at him, "You know of only one way to rule and that is absolutely."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Why, thank you," Harrison enjoyed the compliment, "You will make an excellent wife."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I wouldn't marry you no matter what!" Uhuru barked at him, "You're just a sick, sick man."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Not even if I could save Spock?" Harrison wondered, "How about that?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"That won't be necessary..." Spock butted in as he pulled Uhuru close to him, "You will never see the light of day after we've compled our mission."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Bold words," Harrison complimented him, "I think we'll just see who's still alive in... oh...." he quickly glanced at his arm as if a watch were on it, "99 hours, 36 minutes, and 40 seconds."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"How do you know that?" Uhuru questioned him, "Is that really all the time he has left."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Well, that minus a few seconds here or there," Harrison smiled widely, "Isn't that more than enough?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Before Uhuru could answer Spock grabbed her and they left the Brig. "We will have that amount of time and more," he promised Uhuru, "I promise."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]He kissed her deeply and then they went towards the Shuttlebay where they would meet Sulu to embark on their mission save Nibiru.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Jim!" McCoy shouted as they ran through a jungle of plants the size of trees neatly arranged like rows of corn would be. "You're going to pay for this!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Now, now, Bones," Jim laughed as he clenched a tribal scroll in his right hand, "You really need to live a little and relish adventure when it happens."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"The only thing I'm relishing is the fact that these damn plants make it look like we've been minutiarized," McCoy told him plainly, "It's like a damn salad all around us and we're the dressing."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"That's the spirit, Bones," Kirk again laughed at his comrade, "Make mine French."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"That's not damn funny," Bones rebuffed his laughter as they neared the edge of a cliff, "Now what are we going to do?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Simple," Kirk announced, "Jump!" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]They both jumped off of the cliff and Kirk released the scroll from his grip before they hit the water. They both swam underwater towards the [I]Enterprise [/I]which sat below the surface to avoid detection from the inhabitants of the planet. They both got in the opening doors of the submerged chamber of the vessel and waited for the water to deflood from the room. As they gathered there breath, Scotty strode into the room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Cap'n, the ship wasn't made to sit down here forever, you know," he started, "The Warp Nacelles I kinna guarantee are going to work correctly once we ascend from this wet trap."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"It'll be alright, Scotty," Kirk slapped him on his shoulder, "You and Bones would make great pragmatists."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Thanks alot, Jim," Bones didn't really appreciate this mess that Kirk had gotten them into, "Next time, I'm not going with you."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]***[/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=5]To Be Continued...[/SIZE][/I]

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Eesh, I do not approve of what Spock has been dosed with in the slightest. And Harrison! What a creeper, telling her her love is going to die and then insinuating a forced marriage in the same sentence. That level of malice was just compounded when he knew down to the second how long Spock had yet. Uhura's fire was perfect. As was Spock's calm demeanor. [face_love]

And then the bickering bromance! The snark with Bones and Kirk was the perfect way to add some lightheartedness to the post. :p

As always, well done, and I can't wait for more. =D=

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.