main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Into Darkness] Into Darkness and Beyond

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Sep 16, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting new post and love the banter

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Harrison just keeps getting creepier and creepier.

Let's see what will happen next.

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: Thanks for the convo note. My tag didn't work. I echo Mira_Jade's sentiments down to the crossed T and dotted I LOL Girlfriend needs to do some permanent damage with a vibroblade so Mr. H. can't perform any kind of necessary functions any more without a catheter or other assistive device :p Bones and Jim are a riot a minute. (Yub yub) [face_rofl] ^:)^ for some great characterizations and edge of seatness. And for making me [face_love] S/U more than I already, already, already do! [face_dancing]

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Spock! :(

"It's practically to die for."

"Now that's the part that I object to,"

[face_laugh]

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Mira_Jade

Lightheartedness definitely helps when the story has its dark moments. [face_skull]

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, the Kirk and Bones banter is a definite plus. :D

Hazel

Yes, Harrison is truly an evil guy. [face_devil]

Jade_eyes

Yes, Kirk and Bones are very fun to write their dialogue and of course Spock and Uhuru will have more important moments soon. [:D]

NYCitygurl

Yes, some great one-liners from the Kirk and McCoy dialogue. [face_rofl]

[SIZE=5][B]Into Darkness: Fiery Darkness[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]The shuttlecraft rocked back and forth due to the turbolence from the volcano that Sulu, Spock, and Uhuru were above. As the situation grew more dim, Spock quickly put on his environmental suit and then ensured that Nyota would be alright with a long, lingering kiss.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I'll be back," he told her betweeen kisses, "Just make sure that you both get yourselves of out this mess as well."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"We will," Nyota responded as she held him tightly not wanting to let him go into danger, "And I will most definitely have something special to give you once you return also."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"In that case, I will make sure that my efforts are successful," Spock remarked humbly as he gave her one long, last kiss, "Live long and prosper," he bidded farewell to her as he descended from the shuttlecraft. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Suddenly, the shuddlecraft rocked even more from a short blast of lava from the ravenous volcano. Sulu had no choice but to cut Spock loose a little earlier than he wanted to as the shuttlecraft was now starting to lose altitude.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"I can't correct it any longer with the inertial dampeners," Sulu unfortunately announced to Nyota, "We are going to have to do an emergency beam out."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"But, what about Spock?" she openly worried about her love.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"We'll have to see what the Captain can do on the [I]Enterprise," [/I]Sulu stated matter-of-factly, "Now, let's get out of here."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]They immediately made their way towards the back of the shuttlecraft where they activated the emergency transporter and beamed successfully back aboard the ship. Meanwhile, Spock was on a small rocky surface inside the looming lava that surrounded his position. He readied the device that would make the volcano inert and then contacted the ship.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Spock to Kirk," he started, "You will have to leave without me. If you expose the ship you would be violating the Prime Directive."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Now, listen here you green-blooded goblin," McCoy butted in before Kirk could respond, "We're trying to save you."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"Need I remind you that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, Doctor," Spock told him plainly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"What would Spock do if I was down there and he was making the choice?" Kirk asked McCoy to get his opinion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]"He'd let you die, Jim," McCoy told him bluntly, "He'd leave with no qualms about your legacy."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Uhuru suddenly burst onto the Bridge, "You can't seriously be thinking about leaving him behind to die, can you?" she openly questioned Kirk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Meanwhile, Spock was finishing up with activating the device and set it to go off in one minute, "Nyota, I will always love you," he stated to her, "You must leave now in case this is not successful."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Nyota started to openly cry as Kirk knew that he didn't have much time left to make a rational decision, "Scotty, I'm going to need full power now!" he ordered, "All hands to battle stations. Red Alert, I repeat, Red Alert."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]***[/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=5]To Be Continued...[/SIZE][/I]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW exciting post ending in a cliffie.
    But Kirk is known for violating the Prime Directive;)

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow! Evil cliffie alert! [face_nail_biting]

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aha! The King of evil cliffies. =D= =D= =D= Yes, I know what she has for him, and it involves ... something quite lacey & I'm itching to post it [face_laugh] [face_dancing] ^:)^ !!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It definitely wouldn't be the last time Kirk violated the Prime Directive, either. [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

A great, exciting post - I loved everyone chiming in as to what should be done, especially McCoy's clipped lines. Everyone was wonderfully in character for the circumstances they were facing. =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, and Kirk is also known for getting himself into more trouble than he can handle by himself as well. ;)

Hazel

Yes, expect multiple cliffies. [face_thinking]

Jade_eyes

I'm itching to read your post. [:D]

Mira_Jade

Yes, Prime Directive and violation of it go hand in hand with Kirk. [face_whistling]

Into Darkness: Darkness Prime

The ship rose with bubbling excitement from the watery abyss that they were escaping as the Nibiru looked on in amazement and cowarded at the sight of the large vessel as it emerged from the glistening ocean. They did not know what to make of the sight so they all kneeled to the grown and worshipped the monstrosity that now fired a fiery blast at the volcano. Instantly, they ran in fear from the sight of such a violent creature that would destroy their precious monument.

"Do you have him, Scotty?" Kirk inquired as to the status of them finding Spock.

"I kinna guarantee his precise location, Cap'n" Scotty told him truthfully, "I'm just going to try as wide a beam as possible and hope and pray that it works."

"Do it," Kirk ordered, "We've got no other choice."

Scotty punched in the controls at the transporter room and beamed into the fiery furnace of the volcano hoping that Spock would emerge from its violent grip.

"Well?" Kirk wondered, "Do you have him yet?"

"It wasn't exactly a precise beaming, Cap'n," Scotty remarked, "Whatever we beamed aboard went straight to the Brig."

"To the Brig?!" Kirk shouted in both puzzlement and amazement, "Security Alert! All security personnel to the Brig immediately!"

Kirk and Nyota both instantly leapt out of their respective seats and rushed towards the turbolift.

"If something bad has happened to Spock, I'll never forgive you," Nyota fumed at Kirk, "This is all your fault!"

"Listen, Lieutenant," Kirk tried to comfort her by using rank, "We all know the risks involved on any mission, including Spock."

"I know," Nyota relented slightly, "But still, this is not exactly what even you thought would happen."

Kirk knew she was right and so he decided not to press the issue any further. They raced towards the Brig where they looked upon a forced open door and the security personnel standing around in bewilderment.

"Well, where is he?" Kirk questioned them.

"We don't know, Captain," one of the security guards told him, "All we know for sure is that Mr. Harrison has escaped."

Kirk saw the glare on Nyota's face as she whirled and slapped him in the face.

"I guess I deserved that," Kirk concluded.

"Where's Spock?!" she cried at him.

"Undoubtedly, Mr. Harrison must have him," Kirk deduced, "You search the transporter rooms," he ordered the security personnel, "We will check the Shuttlebay," he informed Nyota.

Suddenly an announcement was made over the intercom, "If you want the Vulcan to live, you will not follow me," a foreboding voice announced. They then heard the alarms of the Shuttlebay as a shuttlecraft opened fire at the bay doors destroying them as multiple shuttlecraft escaped into the volume of space.

"We cannot track precisely which shuttlecraft they are in, Captain," Chekhov announced from the Science Station as a multitude of shuttlecraft warped into various directions.

Kirk and Nyota rushed back towards the Bridge.

"Contact Starfleet and let them know what happened," Kirk ordered, "I have a feeling they're not going to like what happened."

"You think?!" Nyota shouted at him, "I'm relieving myself of duty!" she stated as she placed her comm badge on his chair and stormed off the Bridge.

"Captain," Chekhov notified him, "It's Admiral Pike for you."

"In my quarters," Kirk ordered him as he left the Bridge, "Mr. Sulu, you have the conn."

As Kirk was about to enter his quarters, Doctor McCoy was waiting there for him.

"Please Bones, give me a moment," Kirk implied to his friend.

"Alright, you've got five minutes, and then I'm bardging in there," McCoy told him frankly.

Kirk entered his quarters alone and activated the small viewscreen where he was greeted by a very displeased Admiral Pike.

"Captain," Pike started off solemly, "You are hereby ordered back to Starfleet Headquarters for not only violating the Prime Directive, but for Court Martial proceedings as well. I hope you've got one hell of a lawyer, because you're going to need it to get youself out of this one."

"Yes, sir," Kirk remorsefully replied, "I should be there by tomorrow."

"We'll see you then," Pike announced, "Former Captain, I've notified Mr. Sulu that he is now Acting Captain. You are confined to your quarters until the ship arrives here where I will personally meet you."

Kirk didn't like that announcement at all as he wondered if it had been five minutes yet for McCoy to hear his bad news.

To Be Continued...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, eek! More edge of seatness. [face_nail_biting] [face_nail_biting] Need a big, huge, brave "hat." [face_batting] Post again, soon! LOL [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Kirk's in trouble now!! But that's not new to him.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee! He can persuade the PTB and nothing sells like success. Come back with more good than he set out to do, and [face_shhh] that'll work for the defense ;) :) (Pike has lodged a formal reprimand) [face_thinking] I don't think he's as stuffed-shirty as some others. :d @};-

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW more trouble for Kirk and Spock. But that's the usual with them. Update soon

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    WOW! The hole you dug for our heroes is deep. I can't wait to see how they climb out of this one. [face_worried]

=D=

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A/N: After watching the terrible Oscars and seeing Captain Kirk show Seth McFarlane how much he is stinking tonight, plus after reading Jade's story, I realized that well... life sometimes truly sucks for some more than others....

Jade_eyes

Thanks for your story update so that I can update mine as well. [:D]

Hazel

Yes, Kirk is in major trouble now. [face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan

The out-of-your-seat tension is starting to really ramp up now for the crew. [face_nail_biting]

Mira_Jade

Thanks, the circumstances and the situation does look rather dim for everyone. :eek:

Into Darkness: Blind Darkness

As Kirk explained to McCoy both his perilous situation along with his loss of command, the good doctor knew that ripping him or teasing him about their perils was not going to accomplish anything, so he did the best he could to support him no matter what the circumstances may be.

"Admiral Pike did not say anything about bringing me along, so if you don't mind that's where I'll be, Jim, right by your side, through thick and thin," Bones announced rather proudly at his endorsement for Jim despite his demotion.

"Thanks," Kirk responded in kind, "You are a true friend and I don't deserve your support."

"No, Jim, you do," McCoy stated powerfully, "And to blazes with Starfleet's orders."

"I see...." Kirk trailed off, "What orders were those exactly?"

"Now you're back," McCoy gladfully smacked him on the shoulder, "Now let's find Spock and find that bastard that took him."

When Nyota first heard the news of Sulu being named Acting Captain, she did not know whether to feel good or bad about the news. Having heard from Audrey and her words to her inspired her to come back to the Bridge to report back to duty. Spock would want no less from her and no matter what he was and always will be not only her love and her lifetime, but she knew that he needed her as much as she needed him.

For, one without the other made them less whole then they were when together and because of this, she knew that deep inside of her heart and soul, it was not only her duty to find Spock, but her destiny as well. She had a mission to perform, perhaps the most important one ever that really mattered more than anything; the rescue of her love; through the flames of hell or the perils of danger; she would not be denied this ultimate resolution; she and Spock would marry and live together forever through both good times and bad, through the caring of their children together, through the walks over rose petals to each others' passion.

She was and always would forever never swaver from this deep-gut emotional feeling that rushed over her like the waves of the ocean. She felt a freedom from her fears that she never thought possible as she emerged from the turbolift onto the Bridge where she saw a familiar face still commanding the ship that was his.

"Good to see you back, Lieutenant," Kirk mentioned casually, "Are you reason to resume your duties?"

She merely grinned at him as she practically pushed her relief aside from her Communications Station on the Bridge, "Any idea where that damn bastard went?"

"Yes," Kirk surprisingly ordered his crew, "Set course for Earth. Admiral Pike is expecting me and I don't want to be late."

Everyone turned to their stations and the ship was back to normal. Their would be only one Captain for the Enterprise and his name was James Tiberius Kirk.

To Be Continued...

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    ''What orders were those exactly?'' [face_laugh] So Kirk.

Now lets go and rescue Spock :D

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Splentabulous support from Bones [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Squishy marshmallow + lovable nerfherder [face_laugh] [face_love] !!!!!!!

But buya buya buya!!! for Nyota's resolve and her thoughts ^:)^ ^:)^ SQUEEEEE! on the beauty of them. And thanks [:D] [:D] for the tie-back-in to my fic update. :D :cool: I can totally see that, BTW, as the result of Audrey's warm pep-talk. O:)

RX_Sith likes this.
  19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Kirk :p GLad he's back where he belongs!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kirk on the bridge, Uhura at communications and Bones where he always is. A supporting crew. I love it and now to the rescue

Great update

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohoo! The team is rallying! [face_dancing] :cool:

The badguys won't know what hit them. [face_laugh] :D

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel

Yes, a great coming together for the crew that will stick with Kirk through thick and thin. :D

Jade_eyes

Bones support along with Nyota's resolve are going to be vastly needed for them to get Spock back. [:D]

NYCitygurl

Yes, the Enterprise without Kirk is just an ordinary Starfleet vessel. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan

Yes, everyone is where they belong as they begin the task of finding Spock. :)

Mira_Jade

And that is one of the best reasons for liking Trek so much; the bad guys always get their due when the crew comes together. =D=

Troubling Darkness

The two Starfleet officers were seated across from each other contemplating the predicaments that had brought them together once again; albeit for different circumstances and a harrowing gloom hung over one particular person as he waited for his judgment with his hands clasped. He was not nervous about the outcome; whatever that may be; for no matter really what it was, his destiny was amongst the stars... following his passion and his purpose; that of a Starfleet Captain.

"Look, former Captain," the grizzled Admiral Pike began, "I'd like nothing better to say to hell with orders too, but you were sent to observe the Nibiru and that along with the kidnapping of a fellow Starfleet Officer is where I don't really know how you are going to get out of this predicament without a full court martial and loss of your command."

The words resounded deafeningly inside of the youthful blue-eyed, blonde haired James Tiberius Kirk, who just wanted his command back above anything else so that he could find his friend and comrade, "I will accept whatever Starfleet imposes," he stated succintly, "But, if you do relieve me of my command, I'll just find another way to get back into space, even if that's with someone else."

"Going rogue is not going to help your situation one bit," Pike admonished Kirk's bravado, "You're going to eventually end up in a position where you put the lives of your ship and your crew at too much of a risk for the rewards. Going about like gangbusters is not going to solve yours or your crews purpose."

"Well, when do the proceedings start then?" Kirk inquired just wanting to get his predicament behind him as fast as possible.

"Tomorrow at high noon," Pike announced, "And please don't get any ideas for any kind of grand stand or battle, "It wouldn't end well for you. Besides, you don't really know who you are dealing with."

"He said his name was John Harrison," Kirk told Pike, "We looked up his name in Starfleet's records and could not find anything."

"And you wouldn't," Pike told him boldly, "I'm going to tell you a story which will not leave this room, understand?"

"Sure, what is it?" Kirk openly wondered with some apprehensiveness as sweat beaded on his brow.

"Have you ever heard of Section 31?" Pike questioned him.

"Nope," Kirk responded truthfully.

"Well, let's just say that it's Starfleet's most secret type of operations; they are responsible for many, many secrets which of course I cannot tell you further about," Pike started to tell him, "But, Mr. Harrison is not who he says he is."

"That's kind of what I figured," Kirk told him, "His story just never stood up."

"And it wouldn't," Pike explained, "For the real John Harrison died over 10 years ago."

"What happened to him?" Kirk openly wondered.

"The other John Harrison killed him," Pike told him truthfully, "He helped him get his daughter well, then he killed him and took everything from him; including his daughter."

"And what became of her then?" Kirk inquired.

"We don't really know," Pike explained sincerely, "All we know for sure is that the John Harrison who took Spock is not a man that you can battle just by yourself."

"I don't know," Kirk announced proudly, "We captured him simple enough I thought."

"That's because he wanted to be captured!" Pike boldly announced, "He wanted to kidnap Spock for his purpose."

"And that is?" Kirk asked wondering really what he was now up against.

"Isn't it pretty obvious," Pike told him openly, "He wants the best of the best for breeding purposes."

"But he infected Spock with a virus that will kill him within a week," Kirk explained Spock's diagnosis, "Spock won't live long enough for that."

"He doesn't have to be alive," Pike coldly told him, "Have you heard of cryogenics?"

"Yes," Kirk stated, "It has really been used primarily earlier in human history to extend someone's life for a hopeful medical cure or to simply live extend someone's life."

"Well, that's true," Pike replied, "But, the main difference is that this type of cryongenics is being used to breed superhumans."

"But Spock's a Vulcan...," Kirk told him as he trailed off realizing what Pike was now explaining, "...but he's also half-human!"

"Exactly," Pike expained further, "And being a hybrid of sorts is something that is very, very unique and special regarding Spock. His DNA alone is worth more pressed latinum then even a Ferengi could ever hope to have in his lifetime."

"Then, you realize that I must rescue him now more than ever," Kirk bravely announced, "He's my responsibility."

"Not anymore," Pike told him plainly, "Spock is now considered in enemy hands and as such only those within Section 31 are now allowed to do anything as far as Spock's situation goes."

"They're just going to let him get away with Spock, aren't they," Kirk gritted between his clenched teeth, "I must help my friend."

"Don't make me call security and have you locked up until your court-martial begins," Pike scolded him now, "Do you understand me?"

"I do," Kirk smiled broadly at him as he got up, shook Pike's hand and then walked out of the room to a waiting Bones, "Well, that went about as good as I thought it would."

"In other words, You're not really going to show up for your court-martial, are you Jim?" Bones openly wondered.

"We'll see," was all that Kirk told his friend with a wink and a smack on the shoulder, "But, first things first; finding Spock and Mr. Harrison is now the utmost priority, so let's do as much as possible before tomorrow. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky."

To Be Continued...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome, awesome post and nice illuminating details =D= =D= This Harrison gives the strong heebie-geebies, like a YV mixed with a Darth - ack! Someone who has a twisted, megalomaniac agenda and doesn't care how they get their ends met [face_nail_biting] !!! Buya - Jim always stretches then breaks the bounds of what is done and allowed, and those who don't like it can screw themselves six ways to Sunday :p [:D] !!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "In other words, You're not really going to show up for your court-martial, are you Jim?" Bones openly wondered.

"We'll see,"

[face_laugh] I love Kirk's irreverence!

Cool confrontation between Pike and Kirk.

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! As wonderful as it was to glean some answers here, it was almost better being kept in the dark. Harrison is even creepier with this revelation. :( And you know it's a serious, serious mess if even Pike is advising caution. That was a great scene with him and Kirk there - very charged. =D=

BUT! I am glad to see Kirk going 'to hell with it' and deciding to act anyway. Spock is personal to Kirk and his crew, and they can definitely pull another miracle out here. That day when Kirk jumps in over his head will just have to wait. [face_love]

Wonderful update, and I can't wait for more. [:D]