main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek Into Darkness] Into Darkness and Beyond

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Sep 16, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Like Mira_Jade I too was floored by Pike's cautionary tone :eek: He doesn't strike me as the hold your horses type and I figured he liked Jim for just that fresh-air, think out of the box approach. [face_thinking] And Harrison ... yes, he is 500% creepy. :p Like, no dark side cookies. Unless they're burnt. :shock: [face_nail_biting] [face_rofl] Besides the update, I'm also looking forward to writing the romantic interlude. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I'm almost tempted to write it first [face_laugh] 8-} [:D] !!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Well, as far as Mr. Harrison goes, his agenda is not entirely solely his own and in this next post, you'll see exactly more shocking developments. :eek:

As far as Pike's cautionary tone, again, with this next post we're going to see that things are not exactly rosey for everyone involved. :eek:

Hazel

Kirk may be overtly P.O.'d with Starfleet and its agenda and he and us will find out that why. :eek:

Mira_Jade

Being in the dark to covert or secret parts of anything is never going to end well for those involved; especially Starfleet. :eek:

Darkness Roars

The klaxons of Red Alert rained out sinuously in its glaring announcement that something wrong was seriously occurring. As both Kirk and Bones ran down the passageways of the ship for the turbolifts, many other officers raced to their battle stations as well. As soon as he stepped from the turbolift onto the Bridge all eyes were on Kirk as he merely echoed their sentiments in his actions.
    "Captain," Sulu engaged him in a short and brief update of the situation, "Earth is being attacked."

"Well, let's get ready for business then," Kirk announced and then he tapped into the ship-wide communcation with his next announcement, "All hands, as you know, Spock is our upmost priority, but due to the situation at hand, we are unfortunately going to have to deal with this threat first."

Nyota looked upon him with a reassuring glance of resolve as she echoed everyone's thoughts at hand, "We're with you Captain, through thick and thin, and even heaven and hell if that is what is required to resolve not only the loss of Spock, but now the attack on our homeworld. Standing by for your orders."

Kirk looked around at his crew; one that was ready now more than ever for whatever terror that was attacking Earth. "Sulu, we're leaving orbit; we'll obviously be a sitting duck if we wait any longer. Scotty, I need you to get us to maximum warp speed now."

The ship bolted from its orbit just in the nick of time as phaser blasts and photon torpedoes screamed past it from their hidden foe impacting somewhere on Earth instead of its intended target. Various other Starfleet vessels around Earth started to get blasted from their positions as they fell horrendously into the atmosphere. One such vessel hit the ocean and skidded towards its impending doom as it exploded upon impact with a towering skyscraper that collapsed from the impact on top of the fragmented pieces.

Numerous other ships rained down across the planet as one after another Starship dropped into various parts of the world. From London's bridges to serene islands, the flamming fragments of the ripped apart vessels collided into one landmark after another. In San Francisco, people ran in terror as Starfleet itself came under fire and was not spared from this torment.

Fires and panic blazed across the landscape as Earth was turned into a debilitatting war zone as people tried in vain to escape their doom. A figure cloaked in black watched with a satisfaction across his face that was unwavering in satisfaction with the dizzying display of terror that had been unleashed upon such an unexpecting opponent.

He stood pearing out of a ruined skyscraper upon the wreckage that had just ceased as quickly as it began. "Sir, all Starfleet vessels except for one has been detonated and destroyed," another man stated to the man in black who turned to him, shook his hand, and bestowed upon him a unique treasure.

"London is now yours, my friend," Harrison proudly announced to his comrade, "Do with it whatever you please. As for Starfleet itself, it is mine; all mine."

The Enterprise exited warp just beyond the solar system. Kirk had Sulu scan Earth to see what had happened. "Sir, all Starfleet vessels have been destroyed. Their is complete and utter silence from Starfleet itself as they have not answered to our hails."

"Alright, if we are going to win this battle, we are going to need some reinforcement," Kirk announced bravely, "Uhuru, I need you to contact Spock Prime on New Vulcan."

Admiral Pike stared in disbelief at the ruins and devastation all around him. He could not believe that Starfleet Headquarters itself had been so violently ripped apart at the seams. He was pushed in by one of the henchmen towards his adversary.

"Hello, Christopher," Harrison gloated not even mentioning his rank or last name, "I believe that I am now in charge and you WILL follow my orders or die."

"You are not going to get away with this," Pike warned him between clenched teeth, "As long as one Starship is still out there, then we have hope."

"Well, you're going to need it considering that I have surrounded your precious planet with a cloaked minefield. If anyone even attempts to leave or try to rescue you and your remaining members, they are going to be seriously sorry."

"You monster!" Pike shouted at him, "You better enjoy your reign while you have it!"

"Awww...." Harrison almost moped at him, "Such brave words. Too bad you won't be able to see it." Harrison immediately inserted two steel rods into Pike's eyes gouging them out.

Pike screamed in terror as he fell to the ground still bleeding from the gouging, "You're going to pay for that dearly!"

"Oh, I think not," Harrison stated as he grabbed Pike from the ground and pulled him up, steadied him, and then let go as Pike fell to the ground due to his disability, "London Bridge has fallen down and so have you and your once-mighty Starfleet."

To Be Continued...

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: Things are looking dire and our favorite crew is in for a very bumpy ride. [face_nail_biting]

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on the rivetation factor =D= and incredible edge-of-seatness!!!!!! Blimey, [face_laugh] but the :eek: emote is getting a lot of workout today ;) @};- I did love the solidarity demonstrated in the first scene. :) Nyota deserves a big box of chocolates after this has finished LOL and other things ... [face_dancing] [:D] [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ack! What a dire, dire mess they are in right now. :eek: (To second that emote. :p) Harrison is definitely climbing on the creep-scale - even if his 'accomplice' was interesting to see in shadow here. And poor Pike! That was hard to read there . . . :(

I am really, really glad that Kirk decided to be a maverick. Else wise, Earth really would have been in trouble. :(

6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A/N: I did not want to leave this rather grim scenario on for long, so here is a reprieve from the darkness.

Hazel

A bumpy ride is unfortunately part of the risk. [face_nail_biting]

Jade_eyes

The above scene is not exactly rosey for our heroes, but don't worry, a more rosey and productive future is ahead for our favorite couple of Nyota and Spock. @};-

Mira_Jade

Yes, Starfleet is in an utter mess from the current situation and don't worry, Mr. Harrison will soon get his comeuppance. :D

A Reprieve from Darkness

The warmth and comfort of New Vulcan was like a crisp refreshment from the disillusioning news of the destruction upon their home-world as Kirk and Nyota greeted Spock Prime.

They both walked into Spock Prime’s home as Kirk and Spock Prime seated themselves at a large dining table while Nyota maintained her distance.

“I won’t bite,” he stated so eloquently that it sent shivers up her spine as she sat at the far end of the table trying to maintain her composure, “Care for something to eat?”

He got up, went into the kitchen and then served them some fruits and vegetables to eat. As he placed the food in front of Nyota she felt a lingering presence that tried to emerge from deep within her tormented soul.

She knew that he wasn’t her Spock, but still the feelings and emotions washed over her succumbing her to tears as Spock Prime placed a calming hand upon her shoulder.

“I know this must be difficult for you,” he sympathized with her feelings, “I will try to maintain my distance from you so that you do not experience anymore emotional trauma.”

She merely gazed at him; even in his old age, he was still so handsome and graceful that she felt suddenly calm and at peace from his support. He tried in vain to keep her feelings repressed, but her emotions were getting the best of her while she stared at him.

He simply smiled and reseated himself as he turned to Kirk.

“I see that the situation at hand for Starfleet is rather grim,” he stated so humbly that Nyota felt trembling all over her body.

“You could say that,” Kirk replied in kind, “This Mr. Harrison is definitely very despicable.”

“Of course you realize that is not his real name,” Spock Prime told him.

“Yes, Admiral Pike explained that he killed the real Captain Harrison and assumed his name,” Kirk told him.

“That’s because he was not supposed to find him,” Spock Prime announced.

“Who was supposed to then?” Kirk quizzically wondered.

“You were,” Spock Prime explained to him, “Did Mr. Harrison have anyone else with him?”

“Just his henchmen who unfortunately escaped with him,” Kirk responded, “Why?”

“No, I mean was someone else right beside him?” Spock Prime queried him.

“No, he was the main person in charge as far as I could tell,” Kirk told him truthfully.

“I assure you that he is not,” Spock Prime notified him, “Have you heard of the Eugenics Wars?”

“Yes, they occurred during the early twenty-first century,” Kirk remembered from his History classes, “Why?”

“During the Eugenics Wars, Khan Noonien Singh was the leader who raised an army of supermen through medical enhancements and technology,” Spock Prime explained further, “He is the main threat, not Joachim.”

“Who’s Joachim?” Kirk openly wondered.

“Joachim is Mr. Harrison’s real name and Khan’s right-hand man,” Spock Prime notified him, “He is considered to be next in line if Khan ever dies. Khan and his men were supposed to be found by you. But, because of the effects of the timeline from Nero’s involvement, the real Captain Harrison found Khan, Joachim, and his superhuman group instead.”

“So this Joachim is a superhuman?” Kirk questioned him.

“Yes,” Spock Prime announced, “But, Khan is the one that we must find and defeat together; he is much more of a threat than Joachim is.”

“How come we haven’t seen Khan, then?” Kirk openly wondered.

“That’s a good question,” Spock Prime stated truthfully, “Either Joachim killed Khan himself or he is somewhere else close by. Either scenario is not advantageous for us to combat effectively.”

“So how do we defeat Khan or Joachim or both then?” Kirk inquired.

“Ah…” Spock Prime mused, “We must resort to cheating.”

“Cheating…” Kirk stammered stupefied, “You mean that you want to cheat again.”

“It is the only option available,” Spock Prime announced, “And besides, it’s what you would do if you want to be truthfully honest with yourself.”

“Well, the other Spock admonished me pretty hard about that,” Kirk told him, “I think really that he also doesn’t like to lose.”

“No, I don’t,” Spock Prime agreed, “And neither should you.”

To Be Continued…

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Love it!I could totaly imafine this exchange in mu head. Spock Prime's elegance and Kirk's inquisitive nature were spot on.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Spock's calmness, empathy, humor, and eloquence -- has me all melted and gooey inside. :D :) :) I can just bet he resonates with Nyota in an echoey sort of way, just like an alternate Mara did with Luke and vice versa in ginchy's "Echoes of Always." LOL I can just see the wheels spinning in Ny's head later: My darling love will get me all revved up 50-60 years from now [face_laugh] and the great-grands will have to announce themselves .... they won't be able to just walk in [face_laugh] [face_mischief] [:D] Thanks for this great post! ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel

Yes, even an elder Spock is as smooth and handsome as the younger one. :)

Jade_eyes

Spock's cool and collected demeanor is always to be appreciated especially now more than ever to Nyota. [:D]

Glistening Darkness

As Nyota and Sarek walked inside of a huge plant nursery, she openly asked him a very unique question, "How do you keep them both separate?" she inquired as to the two different "Spock's".

"Why logically, of course," Sarek stated plainly, "They are both the same, yet separate."

Nyota did not know if he was teasing her or not with his remarks, "Yes, they are the same, but really, all you are saying is that the main difference is simply their ages and experiences."

"That is true," Sarek affirmed her summation, "But..." he stopped in front of a bonsai tree, looked at it rather oddly, then picked it up along with some pruning scissors and started to prune it, "See this bonsai tree here."

"Yes, it's very unique in how in can only grow under special circumstances," Nyota told him of her knowledge of them.

"Amanda spent hours upon hours tending to this particular tree more than any other," he notified her, "I could never understand why," he remarked as he carefully tended to the bonsai tree.

"Perhaps she realized the special attention it required to live," Nyota guessed.

"Yes...." Sarek mused, "It's a quality that I could never fully comprehend," he stated as he continued to nurture the small tree while adding a little water to its roots.

"You don't say," Nyota practically gushed at his disillusionment considering all that he was now doing to the tree.

He noticed her fascination at him tending to the tree and quickly put it back into place on the table, “Anyway, we should probably go now.”

Nyota inhaled the calming scents from the many flowers and plants inside of the nursery as they exited from it, “Ah… such a simple and special ability I gain each time I tend to my own nursery aboard the Enterprise,” she mentioned as the experience had helped her to calm down and become at peace.

“Thank you for accompanying me,” Sarek bid her farewell, “I wish you and your Spock the best in life. Just remember to live long and prosper,” he held up the normal Vulcan sign.

As Nyota walked back to where she would meet Kirk to be transported back on the ship, she felt the calming sensation that even New Vulcan’s nature had upon her. She would ensure that
    Spock and their eventual family would have a little cottage close by to the nursery so that she could always be close to its calming and soothing effects on her mind and soul.

She would teach their children how even with all of the fancy technology of the world that nothing was more important than experiencing all that nature had to offer; from its calm serenity to its vibrant hues, it was something that she felt was important to maintain.

As Kirk waited for Nyota to return, he called back to the ship to see if there were any updates on Starfleet’s predicament since it had been now a day since they had beamed down to the surface.

“We continue to hail Starfleet to no avail, Captain,” Sulu notified him, “If it has been captured, then they would undoubtedly know about our location and survival.”

“Yes, and that is what I am counting on,” Kirk announced, “Prepare to leave orbit. We are going to Earth. Either we are successful or we go out trying.”

“Yes, sir,” Sulu responded, “We’ll be ready by the time you beam back.”

“Spock,” Sarek now entered Spock Prime’s home noticing that he was gathering up some personal items, “You’re going with them, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” he notified him simply, “He needs my help as much and would do the same for me if I required it.”

“Then, live long and prosper,” Sarek told him plainly, “Also, I need to give you one more thing for your trip.”

“What is that?” Spock Prime wondered.

“I’ll be right back,” Sarek told him as he did not answer his question as he exited immediately from his home.

“Well…” Spock Prime mused, “… that was practically a human response.”

As Nyota, Kirk and Spock Prime awaited Sarek’s return, Kirk simply whistled while pretending to look at a watch.

“Is that calming to you?” Spock Prime inquired of his whistling.

“Oh….” Kirk cut out his whistling, “I didn’t mean to imply anything.”

“Strange,” Spock Prime mused, “Even now, it’s something that I never could understand why humans did it.”

“Well, Spock Prime,” Kirk announced, “There’s a lot of things that I never really understood about you, so now we are even.”

“Even?” Spock Prime openly wondered, “I think not, Captain.”

Sarek finally approached them and handed the wrapped bonsai tree to Nyota, “Take care of it,” he stated as he placed it in her hands, “It’s needs a more personal touch than I can provide.”

“I understand,” Nyota thanked him as Spock Prime quizzically looked on, “I will put it in my quarters.”

They all readied themselves for transportation and were instantly now on the ship’s transporter pad. Nyota gave a quick glance towards Spock Prime as she exited first towards her quarters. Kirk then motioned for Spock Prime to follow him.

“I’ll show you to your quarters,” he told him, “And then, we’ll go find him.”

“Thank you,” Spock Prime graciously obliged, “I will join you on the Bridge shortly.”

“That won’t be necessary,” Kirk notified him.

“Oh, but it will be, Jim,” Spock Prime notified him personally, “I must be at the Science Station.”

“Alright, see you in five minutes then,” Kirk bid him adieu at they stood outside of his assigned quarters.

“It will be four minutes and thirty-five seconds to be precise,” Spock Prime informed him.

“Typical Spock,” Kirk shook his head in amazement, “I need to call Bones up to the Bridge as well. I’m sure that he wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity.”

“What opportunity would that be?” Spock Prime openly wondered.

“You’ll see,” Kirk announced as he strolled down the hallway starting to whistle again.

“That was completely and utterly illogical,” Spock Prime told himself, “It’s good to be back.”

To Be Continued…

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Wonderful! The chat in the first scene, and him giving her the lovely gift later & her hopeful resolve [face_love] [face_love] to raise a family or at least have a family vacation spot there :cool: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] on the Jim/Spock "Prime" banter.

;)

Let me say straight up for the record: that any Spock makes the Enterprise feel more like home. ^:)^ !!!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Love Spock Prime :D

And oh, poor Pike! That's awful :(

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope Kirk will get a plan, but he has. Doesn"t he always have?;)

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Yes, a great gift for Nyota to bring her some much needed joy in her life. [:D]

NYCitygurl:

Spock Prime is just as cool as the younger Spock. [face_peace]

earlybird-obi-wan

Maybe, maybe not. [face_worried]

Rescued from Darkness

The vast wasteland of former starships was a very intimidating site as the Enterprise exited from warp. The view screen was full of debris floating around and the now barren partial vessels created a very eerie sight.

“Scanning for life forms,” Spock Prime notified Kirk, “None remaining, Captain.”

“Are there any vessels that are repairable?” Kirk inquired as to if there was any other possible ship available that could help their cause if necessary.

“Just one, Captain,” Spock Prime notified him, “Actually, it seems to be fairly intact. That is odd.”

“It’s probably rigged to blow up if anyone tries to beam aboard it,” Kirk surmised, “So, we’ll figure that out later if we need to. Scan the planet for any interference.”

“It seems to be heavily reinforced with multiple unseen objects,” Spock Prime notified him, “It must be a cloaked minefield.”

“Is there any way to get through it?” Kirk queried Spock Prime.

“Perhaps a small shuttle could make it through,” Spock Prime told him.

“Alright, Sulu, Bones, and Nyota, come with me,” Kirk laid out his plan, “Spock Prime, you are in charge while we are gone.”

“But, Captain, I assure you that I do not desire command,” Spock Prime objected to Kirk’s assignment of him as Acting Captain.

“I am sure that you still got it,” Kirk informed him, “Besides, I need you here just in case we find the other Spock.”

Spock Prime walked from the Science Station to the Captain’s chair and settled comfortably into it as everyone looked oddly at his rather humanistic behavior.

“Well,” Spock Prime noticed their peculiar reactions, “It’s been awhile. Everyone return to your stations.”

Kirk picked the smallest shuttle available on the ship. It was technically designed only for two crewmembers. Cramming four into it was something that Bones wasn’t about to let go.

“Dammit, Jim,” he cursed him, “I’m a doctor, not a sardine. This thing was only designed for two. What are we going to do if we find Spock or anyone else for that matter?”

“Bones,” Kirk squawked at him, “Sit down, and strap your belts tight, because we are going to have a bumpy ride.”

“Dammit,” he cursed at him again, “I’d almost prefer my atoms being scattered than this.”

Kirk just smiled as he punched in the controls and the shuttlecraft left the shuttle bay. Sulu was at the other controls as they had the scanners on a tight sweep to try to slip through the minefield.

“This isn’t going to be easy,” Sulu stated matter-of-factly, “Even if they weren’t cloaked, it would be rather difficult.”

Kirk again just smiled at him and the rest as he now focused on the task at hand. Edge-of-your seat flying was to him a unique joy to experience as he piloted the shuttlecraft precariously through the cloaked minefield. He knew that one small mistake and all of them would be vaporized in an instant.

After making it through though, he breathed a sigh of relief as they now headed towards San Francisco first. As they landed and exited the small shuttlecraft, they looked upon the horrific sight of many damaged buildings; some still ablaze or smoldering from the attack days before.

As they entered Starfleet Headquarters, it was eerily silent as their steps echoed through the empty hallways. They found a still operative station and started to scan for life forms.

“Sir, there are a few faint life signs in the brig,” Sulu notified everyone.

“Alright, Bones and I will go there,” Kirk ordered, “Sulu and Nyota, stay here and scan further to see if anything is useful.”

“But, Captain,” Nyota almost broke down, “I need to come with you. I can sense him.”

“Alright, everyone come along then,” Kirk acquiesced, “We’ll figure out later if anything is recoverable or not.”

As they entered the brig area of Starfleet Headquarters with phasers at the ready, again all they encountered was the eerie silence of just their footsteps. Nyota immediately rushed towards the Brig where an unconscious Pike and Spock both laid silently on the floor.

The controls to open the Brig were not operative, so she proceeded to blast at the controls with her phaser instead as it opened just enough for her to squeeze inside.

She immediately went to Spock’s side and felt for his pulse. It was there, but just barely from what she could tell. The others had opened the doors enough from themselves to join her as McCoy scanned both Spock and Pike.

“We need to get them both to the ship immediately,” he notified Kirk of their predicament, “I must operate on them both as fast as possible if we are going to save them.”

“Alright, Kirk replied with new orders, “Prepare for an even tighter squeeze then.”

“I knew you were going to say that,” McCoy complained as he and Kirk grabbed Pike, while Nyota and Sulu grabbed Spock.

They exited as quickly as they could from Starfleet Headquarters and once again squeezed in even tighter into the small shuttlecraft. They lifted back off and once again Kirk and Sulu had to precariously pilot through the cloaked minefield.

As sweat beaded off of his brow, Kirk looked back quickly as Nyota cradled Spock in her arms. He then turned back towards the task at hand as they again glided purposely through the cloaked minefield. As they finally exited, Kirk and Sulu each breathed sighs of relief.

“Notify the ship to have all medical personnel ready for us,” Kirk told the Enterprise as they neared it.

To Be Continued…

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Gripping updates! I hope Spock and Pike will be alright.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome! McCoy is a miracle worker of gargantuan proportions in the healing department: skill combined with deep personal and professional investment in patients.

Sweet skies, but I love rescue scenes - it's like suddenly the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train :p [:D] [face_love] !!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great action and love McCoy doing his miracles again

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    @Hazel

Yes, hopefully, both will be alright. [face_praying]

@Jade_eyes

From the rescue to the drama of their respective conditions. [:D]

@earlybird-obi-wan

McCoy is definitely a miracle worker in his own right. :D

Darkness’ Unrelenting Grip

As McCoy and his medical team operated on both Spock and Admiral Pike, the pacing of Nyota just outside was starting to make him worry about her. He sent Christine out to comfort her since he was still busy trying to save Spock.

“We’ll let you know as soon as possible as to his condition once he is out of surgery,” Nurse Chapel tried to console and comfort her, “But, it’s not looking good for him at the moment. Unless we can rid him of whatever Joachim infected him with, then I don’t really know if he is going to survive or not.”

Nyota leaned in and cried on Christine’s shoulder as she felt her tenuous bond with Spock growing steadily dimmer with each passing moment. She could feel their grip and link decaying away like a breath blowing dandelion petals.

Just then, Spock Prime walked into Sickbay and passed the two of them and forced open the operating room doors.

“He needs me to survive,” he boldly told McCoy, “So, I am ready and available.”

As McCoy resealed the operating room doors and as Spock Prime stood at Spock’s side, he realized that yes, this may indeed save Spock, but then it would be Spock Prime who would terminal instead of Spock.

“Are you sure about this?” McCoy seriously inquired.

Spock Prime placed his fingers upon Spock’s temples and suddenly went into a trance. He mind-melded with his younger version and then he got onto the medical bed next to Spock.

“Listen, carefully, Doctor,” Spock Prime told him, “You must follow not sedate me in any manner. His and my own life depends on it.”

“I understand,” McCoy reassured him, “Do you want me to notify anyone of your decision?”

“No, I will tell my father myself once the process is over,” he informed McCoy, “And, as far my younger version, he now already knows what I have done for him.”

Admiral Pike emerged first from the operating room and his eyes now had ocular implants in them so that he could see.

“I need to talk to Kirk alone,” he told McCoy, “Tell the ship that I am now taking command of the Enterprise.”

“Yes, sir,” McCoy obliged his request, “Damn, Jim’s not going to like this one bit,” he mumbled under his breath.

As Kirk entered Pike’s quarters, he knew that the conversation would not go well for him.

Pike simply got to the point, “You’re relieved of command.”

“Anything else?” Kirk responded simply wanting to get the conversation over with quickly.

“You will be my First Officer for now until Spock is well enough to reassume his position,” Pike informed him, “I’d send you back to the academy if I could, but since it is in ruins, consider yourself lucky that you don’t have to repeat your studies.”

“Thank you,” Kirk remorsefully replied, “I guess I got lucky.”

“Luck has nothing to do with it,” Pike notified him, “If it was up to me, you wouldn’t even be in Starfleet anymore.”

“So, who do I have to thank then,” Kirk inquired wondering who had saved him.

“Admiral Marcus insisted that I keep you onboard,” Pike told him, “He also assigned his daughter onboard. You will be working under her as her assistant.”

“But, she’s working on some kind of science experiment,” Kirk stated knowing nothing more about it, “I would merely be in her way.”

“It’s either that or you go back to Iowa,” Pike informed him, “Well, which is it?”

“I’ll stay for now,” Kirk told him simply, “Time to get acquainted with my new assignment.”

As Kirk exited from his quarters, Pike knew that Kirk was still a young and ambitious person who would get his command back one way or another; demotion or not. He left his quarters and proceeded towards the Bridge where he glided his wheel chair next to the Captain’s chair.

“This is Admiral Pike,” he switched on the ship-wide communications, “I am assuming command of the Enterprise. For now, Former Captain Kirk is second in command until Mr. Spock has recovered. After that, Mr. Kirk will be reassigned into the Science department.”

Everyone on the Bridge looked rather gloomily upon him as he finished his announcement. He quickly gave them a stern and glaring look.

“If anyone wants to leave, now is your opportunity,” Pike informed those on the Bridge who returned to their assigned duties as he gave his next set of orders, “First, we need to deactivate the cloaked minefield surrounding Earth. Ms. Marcus, has your new assistant arrived?”

“Yes, he has,” Carole Marcus stated as the blonde-haired, blue-eyed former Captain gawked at her blonde-hair, blue-eyed appearance in her blue Science uniform.

“It’s up to you two to figure out a way to disarm the minefield,” Pike ordered them, “You have four hours to find a way.”

“Well,” Carole stated to the still-gawking Kirk, “You better not cause any trouble; otherwise I will inform my father of your incompetence.”

“Gee, thanks for having the utmost confidence in my abilities,” Kirk responded smoothly as he maintained a close distance to her, “This new assignment definitely has its perks.”

Carole practically glared at him, “I’m going to regret this, aren’t I?”

“Oh…” Kirk teased her, “I wouldn’t say that totally.”

“Let’s just get to work, alright,” Carole told him while trying to gain more distance between herself and Kirk, “You stay at this station,” she pointed and walked towards the opposite side of the room where she settled into her station, “And I’ll be over here.”

To Be Continued…

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Count on Jim to find the bright side of his new assignment. ;)

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota leaned in and cried on Christine’s shoulder as she felt her tenuous bond with Spock growing steadily dimmer with each passing moment. She could feel their grip and link decaying away like a breath blowing dandelion petals.

This is a beautiful description =D= and makes what Spock Prime does later even more breathtaking. [face_love] !!!!

LOL Hazel rather like Lando ;) [face_thinking] :p

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim and Carole forming a pair in the future? This is sure a twist on the timeline
    Spock prime is great

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm glad Pike was rescued! Poor guy :( And KIrk is totally going to come out on top :p

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! That was a whirlwind of updates. I am glad that Spock is back - those few scenes were rivetting and intense. Spock Prime's sacrifice and Nyota's pain were both bittersweet and powerful to read. And Kirk! The demotion was a blow, but I know he will be quick to climb the ranks again . . . in the meantime Kirk and Carole . . . Oh yes!THIS is going to be fun. :cool:

A great few updates. =D=

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hazel

Yes, but of course there are consequences for Jim's actions. [face_worried]

Jade_eyes

Yes, Spock Prime's sacrifice for his younger version will always be appreciated. @};-

earlybird-obi-wan

Not really a twist, but just a filling-in-the-blanks kind of relationship. [face_nail_biting]

NYCitygurl:

Kirk always comes out on top; well eventually anyway. [face_mischief]

Mira_Jade

Spock's return unfortunately is short-lived. :eek:

Drunken Darkness

As Kirk arose from bed with a splitting headache that pounded his head incessantly, he stumbled out of the unfamiliar bed and he quickly gathered his clothes which had been strewn across the room along with some female undergarments.

He looked quickly at Carol Marcus who was still asleep as he exited her quarters. ‘Audrey is not going to forgive me for this’, he thought to himself as he drunkenly stumbled towards his quarters while trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone else that he passed by.

As he entered his quarters, he shut the door quickly, but he immediately saw a glaring Audrey waiting there for him.

“Got anything to say?” she questioned him about their missed date.

“I really don’t want to get into it,” he mumbled as she smelled the alcohol still lingering on his breath, “I just need to crash.”

“Oh, you’re going to crash alright,” she practically spat at him as she looked over his disheveled appearance; one that she recognized all too well, “When I find out who she was, I am going to personally beat the living snot out of her.”

“Who…” Kirk stammered as he fell over on his bed and fell fast asleep.

“I have my ways of finding out,” she kicked him in the ribs for good measure, “And when I do, you’re going to regret it.”

Admiral Pike had been waiting for Kirk to show up for their assigned meeting with Carol and himself. What really bothered him was that she was not there either. Kirk’s influence upon the crew was something that he was going to have to change one way or another.

He contacted Admiral Marcus on the viewscreen in his quarters to see now what he recommended for Kirk’s disobedience.

“There you have it, Admiral,” Pike remorsefully told him, “Kirk is a renegade; pure and simple and I think that his time onboard this ship needs to end as soon as possible.”

“Listen, Admiral,” Marcus tells him purely and simply, “Due to Mr. Harrison’s destruction of most of our facilities, we have no one else available to send you. You will have to deal with Kirk later; for now, we need him there. But, there is one person that you will be reassigning once he is well.”

“You mean Spock?” Pike questioned him.

“Yes,” Marcus told him succinctly, “He is going to be placed in Section 31’s care upon his recovery. Understand?”

“Yes,” Pike stated despite not fully comprehending why Section 31 would be Spock’s new assignment, “Anything else?”

“Yes,” Marcus notified him, “Lieutenant Uhuru is to remain there on the Enterprise. She will not be able to accompany Spock to his next assignment.”

“I understand,” Pike told him as he switched off the viewscreen, “Lieutenant Uhuru to the Admiral’s Quarters,” he contacted her.

After a few minutes she arrived at his door and he let her in. She could tell by his demeanor that the news he was about to give her wasn’t going to be good.

“Lieutenant,” Pike started, “How is Spock doing?”

“Doctor McCoy says that the procedure went well,” she notified him, “He should be able to return to duty no later than tomorrow.”

“I see…” he trailed off at first not knowing how to break the bad news to her and then he just simply told her, “Spock will be reassigned effective 0800 hours tomorrow then.”

“Reassigned to where?!” Nyota practically screamed at him, “I’m going with him!”

“That will not be possible,” Pike tried to calm her down, “All that I can tell you is that he has been reassigned for a special assignment.”

“You’re not going to tell me where he is going?” she inquired almost surprisingly, “You do know that we are attached, don’t you?”

“Yes, I know,” he stated succinctly, “Starfleet’s orders still stand though. Spock will be reassigned and you will remain here. Is that understood, Lieutenant?”

“Understood, Sir,” she oozed out through her clenched teeth as she exited his quarters, “Damn, Starfleet, I am really beginning to hate this secrecy that they are trying to use in regards to Spock. They obviously don’t care about people’s feelings.”

She quickly walked back towards Sickbay where she was greeted by Security personnel, “Sorry, Ma’am,” they stated politely, “No one is allowed in there unless under strict orders from Admiral Pike himself.”

She just glared at them and felt like spitting at them, but knew deep inside that it would not accomplish anything. So, instead she stormed off towards Audrey’s quarters. This situation was going to require some female prowess and ingenuity for her to find out where Spock was going.

To Be Continued…

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Good morning: Excellent setup and very plausible for the Jim/Carole moment of big-time :oops: !!!!! =D= And Audrey's reaction -- perfect! Loved Nyota's reaction too. @};- @};- Hopefully this reassignment won't take too long. Nothing short of the Yuuzhan Vong or Borg would be cause enough and frankly that isn't much :p
    You got in right under the wire... I was about to write an update [face_laugh] -- A teensy bit different than what I had originally planned, the tomorrow element was definitely there with some serious loverly-type reuniting. But this will lead to a very interesting gal-pal talk. [:D] !!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Audrey's reaction was perfect. Jim's in trouble now!

Nyota's reaction was also very natural.