main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek, Into Darkness] Naught But Death Shall Sunder Us. S/U, etc. New post!!! Yums!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 27, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Naught But Death Shall Sunder Us

Author Jade_eyes

Genre: Mush!!!!!! Natch.

Characters: S/U, etc.

AN: This is an AU of what I consider canon LOL It's like the PTB want our delectable darling to bond with someone besides his lady of choice. He gets support from Sarek, of course. There is pressure and a seeming dire necessity, so what is there to consider? Nyota, obviously, thinks: What is there to think about? :duh: And there really isn't ...

Tags are available upon request.

earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith

Hazel

~~~~~

Prelude

The new Vulcan colony were searching out inhabitants from other sectors to relocate and repopulate, even to the point of those of mixed descent: i.e., Klingons, Romulans, Humans. [face_thinking]

The Enterprise was commissioned to take a group of settlers, which they readily did.

Sarek was in private communication with Spock, letting him to be on the alert that the High Council would bring pressure to bear for him to take a firm and committed life-partner.

"You know my stance on the matter." His son responded. "This is non-negotiable."

Sarek gave a resigned shrug. "Yes, I have told them this, also. They shall doubtless try, even though you and I both know the futility."

Spock signed off, wondering if he should tell Nyota of this likely happenstance.

TBC --

++++++

Yummmm! LOL I'm loving it!!!!!!!

As if, who didn't know that.

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Some very interesting developments indeed. The remaining Vlcans wiil no doubt try to heavily influence Spock to mate with another Vulcan due to the lost of Vulcan and the few members left. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Glad to see that Sarek supports Spock in this. I wonder how Nyota will react.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Go, Sarek! Spock, marry Nyota and make it a non-issue ... :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all!

@};-

Tagging: Hazel

LOL and AN: T'Rian's wish at the end mirrors Callista's in Tarsier's "Tell" ... =D= I was nervous about how that L/M/C fic would end, but it was very gratifying :)

~~~~~~

Scene One:
    Now --

Janice says softly over cups of Earl Grey tea: "You'd better be prepared for a full onslaught of pressure tactics, and duty-tripping, all without resorting to sentiment or pleas for compassion; yet, couched in high-falluting phrases of loyalty and duty -- that's more insidious."

Nyota frowns and pushes aside the platter of wafer-thin cucumber sandwiches, not taking another couple as she usually did. "What do you expect to happen?"

Janice sighs in sympathy. "I won't even hazard a guess."

Nyota appreciates the warm caring that lies beneath the gentle warning, but her stomach ties itself in knots, nevertheless.

Scene Two:

When she relates this to Spock later, she concludes, with expressively flashing eyes: "I don't know if they will insist you set me aside, or if they will even care to consult you on the matter, believing our relationship is not worthy of acknowledging!"

"Their conjectures of the nature and depth of our relationship are of no consequence because I am fully competent to make a free choice and am not going to consent to it being trivialized or to be led about like a sheep on a leading string. The circumstances are admittedly grim, but you and I have established a bond and I consider that to take precedence."

Nyota answers lowly: "If a sense of mere obligation is all that is holding you to me ..."

"You could not think that, possibly?" Was the incredulous inquiry.

She answers readily: "No, of course not. But they will endeavor to convince you of that, perhaps."

Spock's father's tenacity and his mother's deeply passionate determination meld and blaze across to her, causing a myriad butterflies to dance and twirl in her tummy. "They can make the attempt; but it will be of no avail."

There is also a secret surprise he has in store for Nyota once the current mission concluded, but he keeps that from transferring across their bond. It involved a visit to the system's fourth world, a world of archipelagos and attolls.

Scene Three:

A day or so later --

T'Rian reviewed the dossier on Spock and his family. A worthy alliance, she concluded. They would be working closely together once he arrived. She felt certain she could and would be able to form a rapport.

As they worked together on computer algorithms, she was pleased to discover he was compelling both in appearance and manner.

He, for his part, found her elegance, competence, and intelligence a very appealing blend in a temporary colleague. There was gentle approachability and openness of nature, as well.

T'Rian felt that if she had been bonded to him from the start that his present dilemma would not exist, and that they could have made a fine life together, professionally and otherwise.

He pondered fleetingly in curiosity that if he had previously been bonded to T'Rian in lieu of T'Pring, no opening would have existed for a bond with Nyota to form at all.

The futility of such a thought (since that circumstnace had not existed) made even such a fleeting thought not worth the energy or time, and Nyota had been so alluring so naturally and so early on, and now was so essential - that no other life-partner was tenable even in the abstract or hypothetically.

Spock spoke of Nyota often to T'Rian, and his eyes would travel to find her across the room where she was working on compiling and collating linguistic and cultural data files for the main archives.

T'Rian, being observant, noticed this.

"She is important to you." T'Rian stated.

"Indeed, and I have made that unequivocally clear to all the High Council upon our arrival."

"Even before we met?"

"What significance is that/"

T'Rian answered: "I was their tentative choice for a life-partner. We were to meet and mutually decide if we could be compatible. Now, however ..." She trailed off as Nyota approached to confer briefly on a computer command subroutine.

Nyota was completely discreet; but there was a soft undercurrent in the shared glance that caught T'Rian's attention.

After Nyota murmured her thanks, T'Rian concluded sincerely: "I will resubmit my name for consideration in the general pool of unbonded again, therefore, and I sincerely wish you the best."

+++++

TBC and yummy convos follow in the next scenes.

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Love Spock's respect for his culture but also that he is linked forever to Nyota; Vulcan be damned. [:D] This links back to his choice of joining Starfleet when he realized that they will always think about him as half-Vulcan, half-human. His firm stance then and now shows that once he makes a decision he sticks with it. Seeing T'Rian's reaction to this and her response to immediately end her ever thinking about joining with Spock shows that at least she realizes what is best for him and Nyota.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a very honorable thing of T'Rian to do :)
    I'm sure Nyota will be happy.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: You-POV for this yummy.

The final scene has strong mirrorings of ginchy's amazing "Echoes of Always". =D= @};- :cool:

Hazel RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~~~~

At a reception, you sit at the main dais with Sarek, ostensible and tangible proof of an official status. Your eyes are dancing and laughter burbles under your every statement, as your exuberance is barely restrained.

"Cultural integrity is not maintained or even defined by insularity," Sarek observes, "It is characterized by openness and acceptance, by diversity. Now, of all times, this is a lesson that must not be forgotten."

"You speak eloquently," You say admiringly, applause shining in your eyes. "Bravisimo. Hopefully, it will prove otherwise in your society than it often did in mine -- those that needed to pay attention to wise words were too hidebound to do so."

He is amused by this turn of phrase.

"You will be an asset to our world, and our family, as you prove even more with deeper acquaintance. There is none I could find to be so worthy of my son's affections."

You melt at this affirmation.

As you and Spock stroll later through a botanical garden, you relate the earlier observations on societal obstinacy and tunnel vision.

"Hidebound. That is ... an interesting piece of vernacular."

You laugh.

His hand is stroking gently up your back from the low curve of your evening dress up to your shoulder.

You shiver, each of you wanting and waiting for this time alone all evening.

You pause at a blossoming plant, full of purple blooms. You pick one and cup it in your hands.

Then you gaze up at the moons, one full, one at half. "Nice to have moons, now-- don't you think, my darling? It adds to the ambience."

"The moonlight becomes you." He answers, quoting a song lyric. "As does every other type of light."

Suddenly, he pulls you close, and you two are clinging fast. "There was not a time when I did not find you to be -- when you were not - a marvel." He murmurs between warm kisses. "When even the sound of your name was not a melody."

"Oh! I know what you mean!!!" You whisper. "Why, even the sight of you across the room was enough to make me ache with wanting." A flicker of memory of the earliest instance flows between you.

His eyes widen. "As early as that?"

You blush and grin. "Yes, oh yes."

Suddenly, you release yourself from his grasp and twirl and give a happy whoop. "Tell me you're not relieved all that rigmarole is over! Tell me you're not delighted you don't have to join with anyone but me, even T'Rian, who seems a decent sort!"

"Love, it seems hardly necessary for me to say anything when you ascribe such sentiments to me already."

Laughter flows across your bond.

"I was never in doubt of the outcome, but there was a moment, maybe more than one, when I thought "What if?""

You continue with the stroll, hands tightly clasped.

When you enter the Ambassadorial residence, you tease again. "Now, if someone sees me here at the crack of dawn it won't stir any least bit of gossip."

"Nyota ..."

"Yes?" You ask innocently.

"You are irrepressible." He replies lovingly.

"Why, thank you!" You laugh.

A Day Later in a secluded cove

You have been swimming most pleasurably and memorably with friendly, playful Cetaceans on a world of sapphire seas and golden beaches. This cove is part of a rehabilitation and preserve to keep indigenous life healthy and flourishing.

One of the creatures swims up to you with a silver box on its foremost fin. You pluck it off in delighted wonderment.

You open it and gasp at the glimmering gem within.

"My own treasured one," Spock murmurs in your ear, taking the ring from you, "I know that it will give you indescribable pleasure to have this outward sign and seal of our future joining. May I?"

"Yes, a thousand times." You breathe.

He slides it on your finger, and you smile radiantly.

Then you reach into a side pocket of the beach bag at your side. You pull out a data cylinder.

You wink. "I pulled this from the archives. It's a certified copy of the registry document that doesn't have my name as part of your family line and under your family's clan crest. Since it isn't the valid record of the state of affairs, I figured I would indulge in a bit of symbolism."

You toss it into the foaming waves, and with a laugh of liberated, pure joy, turn into your love's embrace for a long, passionate kiss or several.

/Now, we will be all right, my dearest, only love!/

+++++++

Fin, vaporization, with a d'awwoon! ^:)^ [face_dancing]

RX_Sith likes this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUUUUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I melted. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A very beautifully arranged proposal from Spock that forever shows their true bond. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I like the second-person!

It was good of her to step back rather than trying to press the issue and make a match when Spock was otherwise ... claimed :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX: Sweetly and scrumptiously put. [face_love]

Hazel: Yay, a squee! These two keep me melted. :) :)

Nat: Thanks, and claimed -- oh baby, baby! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] The word claimed is so -- fraught with meaning [face_mischief] [face_laugh] [face_love]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Poetic and beautiful prose flowing like a beautiful melody

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, Deb, but this was a beautiful, beautiful fic. [face_love] I loved T'Rian's understanding of Spock and Nyota's relationship, that was a very classy move on her part to step back. But all else in this pales to the propsal scene - beauifully, wonderfully done. A treat to read, as always. =D=

15. Luisiana Jones

Luisiana Jones Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    tomorrow th enew trailer should come out, really looking forward to it :D

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Luisiana Jones hello. New trailer, huh? Convo me, Jade_eyes and RX_Sith with the details. LOL I don't want a "brave hat" -- I want a buya and jinkies yeehaw T-shirt and 10 foot signage for my front yard [face_rofl]

~~~~~~

Thank you, Mira. [:D] :adore: :adore: I figured T'Rian would have the honor and integrity to do such a thing. And woot! I loved writing Nyota's joy and the proposal scene. Those and exchanging vows scenes are among my fave to read and to write!

It is shocking how lyrical and tender these two make me, not to have the big head or anything [face_rofl] but I do think they do to me what L/M do for ginchy (Amanda) and let the record show that is something marvelous. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

17. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ah Deb that was beautiful. I missed these stories from you!

and yes a teaser trailer premiered today for Star Trek Into Darkness. Prepare for all the feels!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shannon Hi and thanks! And yes, a plethora of a jumble of emotions. :p As long as they give me a long, ginchy-ready epilogue at the end LOL complete with steam coming out of the big screen because of the mush -- I'll be happy, really happy. [face_love] [face_love]