main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek Legacy

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I really wanna get ahold of Bridge Commander, but if I can get this before then then wahey!

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Holy crap Shatner, Steward, Brooks, Mulgrew, and Bakula in one game. I'm so getting this.

3. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    So I was browsing the main page, and saw this:
    [image=http://startrek.bethsoft.com/images/ads/order.gif]
    Note that it now says: For Windows and Playstation 3

Do the devs know something that we don't? :confused:

4. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    Okay, so now they've changed it back...

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    There's quite a few 360 screenshots up now. Some of them look next-gen, but some of them look last-gen. I'm not quite sure what to expect from this game. At least Europe finally has a release date (8 Dec), so we'll soon see how it stacks up.

6. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    It was reviewed on Xplay yesterday, and got favorable reviews. I don't remember what the release date was supposed to be though.

7. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Here's a (not so new) video that I've not seen before. It's looking much better than the original gameplay videos. I love the comm chatter, it reminds me of the scene in First Contact when Starfleet was engaging the Borg cube. :D

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is it me, or is Encounters an FPS? I'd like to play it if it is, but it's only out on the PS2.

Tactical Assault on the DS looks kinda cool, I'm trying to get the trailer for it, but it's taking ages to download.

9. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
  10. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    Another New Vid

This is a partial run through of a single player mission in Star Trek Legacy, taking place in the TNG era.

I'm totally getting this game! [face_dancing]

EDIT: And damn, that nebulae looks great!

11. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    Legacy should definetely revive the Star Trek games(although I don't know if it was alive to begin with).

Tactical Assault seems to be looking pretty good too, probably get it for the PSP.

12. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Gotta love that Steamrunner class! This game is looking better and better. :D

13. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Not sure about the game I first thought it was an Armada like game but now its more like Dominion Wars :(

14. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    If Legacy and Tactical Assault is a success, maybe they should try a game that's a first person shooter with all the era's. I loved Elite Force and Elite Force II.

15. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I have "Tactical Assault" on the DS. It's not exactly spectacular, but if you're into Trek...well, it's playable enough.

16. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    I have the strategy guide, so if anyone has any questions, ask away. :)

17. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I have one... why was the European launch pushed back from the 8th to the 15th? :mad::_|

18. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    "Quality assurance issues" Sucks, doesn't it?

So, any questions about the actual gameplay?

19. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Actually no, my guide arrived today. :D

I'm a bit disappointed how most ships can only fire a maximum of two phaser beams. Here's me imagining how great it'd look to see the Galaxy class fire all 11 phaser banks at once. :(

20. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    They're saying on the official boards that this guide was created using a eariler build of the game. So, I wouldn't believe this crap about the phasers.

The single player campaign looks pretty good, if not a little short. (Takes up about a quarter of the book, lol!) [face_laugh]

21. Sgt_Cade

Sgt_Cade Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Looks like a cool game. Hopefully it will be good and not just another bad Star Trek game. Think the last good Star Trek game I enjoyed was Klingon Academy, and that was more for the online play. Starfleet Command was good too though, which is why I like Tactical Assault - portable version of SFC.

22. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    Release date for Xbox 360 version of the game is now December 12. However, the PC version is out today, as evidenced by a trip to the local Target. :)

But this doesn't mean I'm getting it. :eek:

[face_frustrated]
    :mad:

[image=http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/6529/cdf47pz.jpg]

23. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Well, after months of waiting and two delays, I finally got myself a copy. [face_dancing]

I've had a couple of runs in skirmish mode, and completed the first story line mission. So far so good. I've only heard the voices of Bakula and Shatner so far, but they already add a lot of weight to the game. Just cycling through the ships in your fleet until the Enterprise is selected, and hearing Kirk say "Enterprise standing by" is just awesome. :D:-B

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Just had a great game in multiplayer. I set up a game for two players, in the Enterprise era, and my fleet consisted of a battleship, the Columbia (NX-02) and a scoutship. My opponent had exactly the same setup so that made things fun, seeing as it would be a game of skill rather than who has the better ship.

I started off warping my three-ship fleet right on his position, and opened with a volley of torpedoes, quickly taking out his battleship. I took command of my battleship which was taking a fair bit of damage, and managed to take out his scout, but only before his NX-01 took out my battleship. With only his Enterprise left he warped off to repair his ship. I took the time to repair my remaining two ships, and then a lengthy game of cat and mouse ensued. I'd warp to his position, then he'd warp off to the other side of the map. Fine I thought, this makes a change from the constant mash fest like other multiplayer games, so I continued the chase.

After searching nebula after nebula for him, my concentration dipped a little, and all of a sudden he flashed out of warp right on top of me, taking out my scout in a matter of seconds (I have no idea how he managed it). So it was down to his Enterprise vs my Columbia, one on one, the way it was meant to be.

Another game of cat and mouse followed, warping all over the map trying to anticipate where he'd be, then I saw him on the far side of a planet, so I moved towards the planet. He could obviously see me on the tactical map, as whenever I tried to orbit around the planet, he'd orbit around it in the other direction. It was like an episode of Tom & Jerry.

So I plotted a course away from the planet, hoping he'd come fully around and I'd reverse course and warp on his position. That's exactly what happened and I warped in and we started blasting each other to bits. He had subsystem targeting on, and managed to take out my sensors and weapons, from there I was pretty much screwed and he managed to finish me off. But, his structural integrity was pretty low before I went, so it was a close one.

After the game we congratulated each other on a good game and it was all over. So in the end, a good tactical game and good sportsmanship. There are still nice people on xbox live, thankfully.

25. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    There's this one Xbox 360 achievement that I can't seem to get. On the mission where you're protecting the evacuating colonists from the Borg, you get a achievement if all the evac transports survive. Problem is, the Borg ships are inexhaustible and I can't protect all the transports without my forces being spread thin. You need more than one ship when facing Borg.

Any help here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.