main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Like a Dream (Dear Diary 2010 -- OC POV) -- Updated 01/09

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Ceillean, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Like a Dream
    Author: Ceillean
    Characters: OC, Jim Kirk
    Summary: The prophecy fortold the arrival of men from the stars. Hardly anyone believe in the prophecy but perhaps they should have.
    Notes: Finally here. First post for the diary. I think I started this five or six times, honestly. Beginnings are always difficult to write but this? And my first ever Trek fic. :D
    New world, new characters and Jim. [face_love]
    Enjoy.

There is a prophecy amongst my people.

Hundreds of years ago, scholars foretold the arrival of men from the stars. They would fall from the sky, like a blazing ball of fire and forever change our ways.

Only few believed in the prophecy. Men from the stars ? it was a ridiculous thought. As the years went by, the prophecy turned into a fairy tale for our children, a story to be told around a fire in the darkest of nights. And as it is with most every story, sooner or later, it is forgotten.

Perhaps this time we should have remembered.

The first sign that our guest had awaked was the twitch of a finger. I watched as the alien?s body slowly came back to life, admiring the way this being fought to return back to consciousness. The healers had been surprised that he had survived at all.

He?d been gravely injured, many broken bones and bruises all over his body but it was obvious to all that he was a fighter. A greatly valued feature by my people.

I sat back as the man raised a hand and rubbed at his eyes. All the time while waiting I had wondered about his eyes. Would they be the same deep violet as mine? What about his voice? Would he even speak our language?

I had never been this curious about another person before. I had never officially [i]seen[/i] a human before. There are many texts and pictures on various alien races that my people have encountered over the millennia and humans had been one of them. Many, many years ago ? not even the elders had been around at the time and some of them were near two hundred years old. But they had heard stories, blasphemous stories that our race and humans were connected somehow.

It was something never to be uttered aloud for if the wrong people heard?

The human male blinked his eyes open and I watched him as I would a scientific experiment. It was like something out of a dream, really. This was a man from another world! It was amazing, magnificent ? absolutely unbelievable.

His eyes were the strangest color. A light blue reminding me of the northern seas or the sky on a brilliant warm day.

Curiously yet cautiously, he took a cursory look at his surroundings. Seeming satisfied that he wasn?t in any mortal danger, he sat up. Or tried to in any case.

?You mustn?t.? I whispered with a shake of my head. ?You were badly injured. You must rest until you are healed.?

He turned his head and blinked in confusion. I had expected some kind of reaction. Anything to show if he was afraid or angry but he simply sat there, as if just simply curious.

?What the hell [i]happened[/i]?? He ground out between clenched teeth, placing his palm to his ribs and grunting as he let himself fall back down. He coughed a few times and squeezed his eyes closed, writhing as the pain in his body slowly subsided.

It was then that I realized I understood him. Surprise and shock had me staring at the alien with wide eyes. How could this be? How could an alien from another world speak our language?

It wasn?t?[i]possible[/i].

I cleared my throat as I tried to regain my composure. I would have to tread carefully from here on out. No one could know for it was indeed proof that somehow our race and these humans were connected. For what other explanation could there be?

?You fell from the sky.? I answered the alien?s question, folding my hands in my lap. Our appearances weren?t too different from one another. All my people have slanted, violet eyes and black hair, we are all very pale beings, yet some are marked by [i]Anaya[/i] at birth. The markings differ greatly. For each marking there is a caste and here that person would live and grow into being whatever the Godde

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ceillean -- I am so glad you found a way to begin this diary that works for you. =D= =D= i admire those authors intensely who can write from an OCs POV for an entire diary :cool: Give them rich, empathic voices, and intriguing cultures ;) This one promises all that and I know you liked writing her reaction to Jim LOL And Alayna is a very pretty name. :)

Giving her a special "gift" is a very handy way of handling how they can understand each other right off the bat. :D

Will we eventually be seeing stuff from the Enterprise end? Will Alayna become a love interest? ;) I can't help myself.

I'll be following this one eagerly.

[face_dancing]

@};-

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I take it back. This is my favorite of your stories so far :D

There is a prophecy amongst my people.

Hundreds of years ago, scholars foretold the arrival of men from the stars. They would fall from the sky, like a blazing ball of fire and forever change our ways.

Only few believed in the prophecy. Men from the stars ? it was a ridiculous thought. As the years went by, the prophecy turned into a fairy tale for our children, a story to be told around a fire in the darkest of nights. And as it is with most every story, sooner or later, it is forgotten.

Perhaps this time we should have remembered.

That is a seriously amazing beginning, particularly the last couple lines.

I'm really liking this OC - can't wait to learn more about her. And the idea of her with Kirk is too cute :D

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very interesting story you have started. Totally unique and amazing view of this new and different culture that Alayna is a part of. Looking forward to more. PM's please.

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    A lovely start! I like Alayna, and I love the way you're creating her world. This is beautifully done. Could you please PM me when it is updated?

Thanks!

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I was fascinated by this alien.

I sat in an observatory above the medical rooms. Here I could monitor all our patients with access to their medical files as well as medication. But I wasn?t interested in the other patients.

Leaning back in my formchair, I flicked a small switch on the board in front of me and the images from the surveillance camera showed me the human male, now fully dressed in dark blue patients? garb. He sat atop the bed, leaning against the wall with eyes closed, one hand placed on his bruised ribs.

The scientist inside me was delighted that this opportunity had presented itself; he was in my care and I could study him. I wanted to know as much about him as I could, about his species and his culture. And, of course, in which way our species might be related to one another.

The initial scans showed that our biology is completely different yet still?somehow there was a familiarity. I could not see it of course but I could feel it. I felt this connection and I swore that I would study it as long as I could because it had to mean something, did it not?

I turned around to the sound of the door opening. My assistant entered, his face impassive as always. His name was Diney and he was almost too young for this position. But he was an honest and ambitious man with a keen sense, smart and forth coming.

He stood with his hands clasped behind his back as he looked at me with a questioning glance.

?The alien ship has contacted us again.? He said evenly and as the words left his mouth, I felt sick to my stomach. Of course the humans would be looking for their missing crew mate. I was under no illusions that I could further hide the truth from our guest or from the ship in orbit. They would scan the surface and they would find the only human among my people.

Unless?

I took a deep breath, knowing that I was going to be breaking dozens of rules all at once. But I did not care. I could not let the human leave. Not yet.

?Tell them?? I began, drumming my fingers atop the control board. I felt Diney eying me curiously and I truly hoped he would not interfere. It would not surprise me if, when he thought to be correct, he would go behind my back and ruin everything. ?Tell them that we have yet to find their crew member.?

He raised his brows in question. ?Is this course of action wise??

Wise? Of course not.

Necessary? I believed so.

I took a deep breath and swept my gaze over the controls in front of me. With just a flick of a button, the medical room where the human dwelled was encompassed by an impenetrable field that we used for quarantine purposes only. Not even our own scans could penetrate the field. I had to hope that the ship in orbit wasn?t too technically advanced ? this was my only chance.

?Tell them that we are still searching the surrounding area of the crash. We will report back to them in due time.?

Diney nodded. ?The commanding officer wishes to speak with you.?

I shook my head. ?Please, relay my deepest regrets. I am not available at this time.?

Diney nodded once. ?As you wish.?

He left with an air of confusion about him. I could understand that he did not fathom my reasons as to why I was being untruthful to the aliens. I just knew that I could not let the human leave.

Not yet.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ahhh, ha! Yup! Diney isn't the only one who thinks it's more than science behind her ... fascination [face_mischief] And the more they're put off, the more tenacious the Enterprise crew will become though it'll be a while before they get suspicious ;) And Jim will definitely notice he's being "held" and won't like it one bit -- and it's deuced hard to keep both sides of a fallacy going without tripping up [face_thinking]

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Very interesting result here. Alayna can't possibly think that she can stall them forever; so it will indeed be interesting to see what happens with her decisions.

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    VERY interesting that she's hiding him :D

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Eventually push will come to shove, and either her administrators or the Enterprise will demand answers. But until then, what does she have in mind? She's a curious one, isn't she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.