main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek]Listening, Learning & Loving (NSW Prompt Ficlets) Update: 07/27

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 3, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely discussion about Kyp and Jaina and the entire EU. And like to see where the next mission goes

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great conversation before the mission begins.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting discussion about plastic surgery and coping! I especially love the bit about the therapy animals; I've read so many reports of them doing so much good [face_love]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Now that is a very interesting way of conducting diplomacy! I look forward to seeing how Nyota tackles that . . . interesting dynamic. :p [face_thinking]

As always, I loved the cross-fandom discussion here, and I especially liked the mentioning of therapy animals. [face_love] You can't go wrong with dolphins and puppies. :p

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks Mira!!! No, you cannot. And apparently whisperkits make great therapy aides too, according to a very realistic viggie by Whiskers. [face_thinking]

6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I think I already said that in one of your other threads, but I love how your stories are always cross-pollinated with other fics from the boards -- in this case Kyp, Thrawn, the prosthetic surgery recovery and the Stromma. And now of course I can't wait to see Nyota confronted with Stromma diplomacy. That's going to be quite something!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Blimey, almost a month :eek: Time flies. :p This from Ny's POV.

Devon Westphal took my hand in both of his, his green eyes sparkling. "Very nice to meet you, Ma'am. I've heard great things from Isabeau about you."

I smiled, pleased that Isabeau was full of praise. His dark hair was cut close, and I couldn't help but be reminded of Kyp Durron, with that rich low voice that seeped down into my bones. I bet he could carry a tune with that sweet baritone!

I mentioned this casually as we made our way into the conference chamber. He laughed softly. "I actually play the clarinet."

"My brother-in-law plays the sax!" I enthused.

"Do you sing, then?" He asked.

"I attempt to entertain friends and family, on occasion." I answered.

Audrey, who was approaching, grinned. "False modesty does not become you, girl! Let me tell you, Mr. Westphal, this lady can turn an audience into captive rapt and happy all with that silken mezzo-soprano of hers."

He grinned and I blushed.

"Let's not stand on formality." Isabeau said as she entered. "We'll welcome the informality by the time we're done here, I think!"

Devon nodded with easy affability. "Devon, then, please."

"This is Audrey and I'm Nyota." I said, smiling.

Isabeau frowned as she looked at her wrist chrono. "Our worthy - what shall I call them? Combatants? Colleagues? - Whatever ... they're about to come in. Let's get settled and fortified." She indicated the refreshments table loaded with pastry and caf.

"Now you're talking." Audrey said.

I laughed and took a fruity pastry and settled between Devon and Isabeau.

++++++

Chyntuck and RX_Sith like this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Meeting more dignitaries before the action begins.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    A very lovely introduction!!

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oho, new colleague, new meeting! Where is the job taking her this time?

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the new colleagues and Audrey's comments on Ny's musical qualities

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    How did I miss an update on this? :oops: Time to rectify that now - because I liked meeting Devon here, and I really liked the conversation about their musical aptitudes. Yes, I foresee another fantastic colleague - and the Kyp Durron likeness doesn't hurt that a bit. [face_mischief] :p [face_love]

=D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all and here's more. :D

From Audrey's POV.

Mr. Westphal, Devon, was coolness itself with both contesting sides. It was a sector dispute about who had mining and export privileges - was it based on current technical level or purpose - or who had "discovered" the rare find, a metallurgic wonder that could be used as hull plating and with some esoteric chemical alteration that I would not even begin to fathom - be turned into something useful in harnessing solar power.

Isabeau and Devon took the first round then let Nyota and I take over.

Nyota sided with the team that insisted on having dibbs based on motives and purpose versus just commercial and/or monetary gains.

But then the other side started wrangling about setting precedents. Shouldn't the discoverer/inventor/patent holder have a say?

I felt that this was either incredibly relevant or was diverging into hypotehtical territory that we weren't here to address. Let them haggle over that fine line after we were gone. On the other hand, clearing that point up now would definitely make things easier down the road, in lieu of more complicated.

Nyota's diplomatic style was direct and coherent, as I knew it would be, and eloquent besides. Her attempts to move both sides together into seeing reason were laudable and I could tell Devon and Isabeau were impressed.

Her style dovetailed nicely with my more fact-oriented and logistical approach. I was also there as an Intel representative to see and come to a conclusion as to which side seemed to be more trustworthy. Which side would we want to deal with politically?

That aspect definitely had me leaning more towards the team Nyota was favoring.

We sidestepped the belligerent delegates altogether and concentrated on the more amenable and sensible halves of the agencies involved.

I snagged Nyota during a hiatus in the negotiations. I felt things were moving slowly forward.

I observed with a low chuckle: "Spock is more on my side of things, i.e., the logistical features. I am starting to lean more towards your side of the table though. But it does make me wonder, Ny. Did you ever think you and he would be on - not exactly opposite sides - but divergent ends of an issue? How would that affect you guys, personally?"

She frowned. "Frankly, it sort of did but not to any serious extent or degree. I would hope it wouldn't - that we wouldn't "bring our work home" as the saying goes." She winked. "I think he and I are interested enough in a viable and optimal outcome for all the parties involved."

+++++++

Cool stuff!!! :)

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great negotiations and the prowess at which Nyota takes with each perspective of the negotiations is to be commended no matter if it is the opposite of Spock's or not; that should never influence her viewpoints or her reasons for choosing one side versus another.

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, this was a fun update! I liked seeing the girls work together here! It really showcased their strengths and how well they compliment each other. I especially liked the last line, though - no matter your approach or even your particular stance, the want for a good outcome should pave the way for diplomacy every time.

Beautiful, as always! [face_love]=D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Both sides should be able to solve it diplomatically. Love the girls working together

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    From Ny's POV --

~!

After the successful conclusion of the latest mission - where calmer heads and hearts prevailed, we returned and I went to spend some much-needed time with my family. My paternal grandparents had a place on Martinique & we went to visit there for a wonderful couple of weeks.

My bondmate was wonderful during this time, letting me have alone time with them and also joining us on occasion - seamlessly becoming entwined into sweet and unforgettable moments of tenderness and nostalgia and laughter.

He seemed to know instinctively when I needed either to be private with them versus inclusive. It was somewhat a reflection of our connection to one another but also his innate and unique perceptiveness.

It served, as a subsidiary consequence, to make me fall in love all over again.

As I conclude writing this, he approaches and I look up with a smile. "Come over here you."

He gives me a soft look and I reach to clasp his hands in mine. "Thank you, darling. For being who you are and just what I need when I need it."

He quirks a brow and says with deep affection: "You are being sentimental again, Nyota love."

"As if you didn't make that easy as falling off a log!"

"Indeed?"

I laugh and pull him close for a kiss.
    +++++

:) :)

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great affection from Spock as always towards his warm Nyota.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] :* :*

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the feeling of warmth and reflection in this chapter! There is such a well-worn, loving quality to their relationship - the result of knowing someone so intimately for so long, no doubt - and it was utterly delightful to read. As always. [face_love][face_love]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A very sweet update from Ny being with family and Spock

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! Always. :D

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

Tying into the stuff with Kyle.

~!

"I am happy that was just all a formality." Isabeau commented at the conclusion of the hearing. "No one really thought you had done anything questionable. They had to cover all the bases."

Kyle shrugged, quite sanguine with the outcome, particularly since it was a favorable one.

"Your documentation helped solidify my report." He replied. "I'm grateful for that."

"So, what will you and Nick be doing now that your careers have taken an involuntary right turn?" I asked, eyes twinkling with mirth and genuine curiosity.

Kyle mentioned briefly about the instructor positions.

"Wonderful!" I exclaimed. "Your expertise and experiences can help guide and inspire the next generation." I grinned knowingly. "Nick is betrothed so off limits. However, you... be careful of attracting the attention of intelligent, impressionable lady students. I fell victim to such enthrallment myself." I and Isabeau laughed.

Kyle grinned and gave me a wink and a hug as he said: "I'll take that under advisement and hope that they're anywhere near as lovely as yourself."

I smiled as he strolled off.

"It is a good thing for you Nyota," Isabeau observed warmly, "That your understandable student crush turned into something more, and most important, was reciprocated."

I felt a happy tingle. "That is so right." I answered.

My love's only reaction was a quizzical lift of the brows, as if to say: "Is that how you recall the matter?"

I laced my hand with his and murmured, "Just you try and deny it."

"There would be no point."

"Of course not!" I laughed. I caught Isabeau's amused look.

"You two are loads of fun." She said.

I answered: "Shhh. No one is supposed to know that!"

+++++++

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota definitely snagged the best from her student crush.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ny and Spock, the perfect pair after a student crush. And Kyle with Federation SEAL's ;) They are all male