main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek]Listening, Learning & Loving (NSW Prompt Ficlets) Update: 07/27

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Because it's completely understandable that you try to present the best possible version of yourself in those early days of a relationship. But I love that when they are a little more honest with each other, they both have things to tell! [face_love]

Still . . . haggis? Oh dear, I think that I would have left Kyle alone on that one. ;)

That was a fantastic way to kickstart this thread again! It's so great to see you back. :D [:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. It's fun to be back. :D

Using "Masterpiece"

Cynara smiled at the lovely miniatures. They were of delicate rose-colored glass in the shapes of flowers, a shimmering bouquet. It was a housewarming gift from Audrey and Jim when she and Gregg moved into their new home in Santa Clara, California.

Cynara was amazed and thrilled at how she and Audrey had grown close, not so much as if they'd been raised together, of course, but still there was no awkwardness between them -- just a lively curiosity and genuine girlfriends palling around kind of affection. That was the real gift, in her opinion.

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, using one of your OC in this Masterpiece

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Affection is an amazing gift that keeps on giving.

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, I love Cynara and Audrey getting closer - that certainly is a gift of gifts! [face_love][face_love]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thanks.

Using Surrender

When Jim broached the subject of resuming command of the Enterprise -- Audrey was temporarily nonplussed. "That didn't take long." she thought with an inner shrug. But then she reconsidered. Jim was doing it to help out not in a flimsy pretext to have more adventures, although that was certainly part of the appeal for him, she knew. She was tempted to feel he had reneged on their earlier agreement, but circumstances had arisen ... Jim caught her pensive musing and hastened to say: "Look, if you're not okay with it, I can decline."

Audrey frowned. "And then have you feel put out with me? No thanks. Even if you think you wouldn't be I don't want to take the chance."

"I don't want to discount your feelings." Jim answered.

"You're not." Audrey smiled. "Our talking it over proves that much. We don't know how long this particular crisis will last - so let's just play things by ear, as they say."

Jim hugged her. "I know that's not your ideal preference, Audrey; I appreciate it truly."

Audrey had surrendered her wishes, but she liked to think that they'd just been deferred for the time being.

+++++++++

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim is there for every crisis and I love how he can convince Audrey

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using "ignition.

When the hot-air balloon lifted off, you could think of a dozen things that could go wrong, like ignition failed, the ropes get all tangled etc. But Nyota doesn't do that. She concentrates on the view and the floating sensation. Her bondmate is ostensibly pleasing her by agreeing to this little outing on a Provencal afternoon. But she can tell he is actually enjoying the view as well.

"So many centuries, and this part of France is still relatively unspoilt." Nyota enthuses.

"It takes a concerted effort to keep it that way." He responds. "A testament to the shrewd planning and forward thinking of the populace and those they elect."

"Yes." Nyota rolls her eyes. "We've run into our share of Gundark leaders, Sheevy ones too."

"Sheev?" Spock inquires. "Isn't that the name of ...?"

"It's also an adjective." Nyota laughs. "Truly." Then with the sudden shift in focus to what really matters, or who, she leans in for a long kiss.

Something ignites between them, which always has, always will, as he returns it with something almost reverent.

++++++

SQUEEEEEE! :D

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Bacon cheeseburger pizza sounds good.

And Spock and Uhura as Star Wars nerds? I can't even.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock and Uhura under the influence of a beautful ride and some Star Wars nerdy colleagues

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Surrender: 'Deferred for the time being' - I really liked the phrasing of that. Another great moment between Jim and Audrey. [face_love]

Ignition: Where do I start with this one? First off, great use of the prompt, in more ways than one. [face_mischief] Then, I loved the dialogue - that was such a Spock comment, and Nyota's insisting on Sheevy being an adjective (which it totally is) had me chuckling out loud. (As the linguist, she would know. ;)) The ending was perfectly sweet! One of my favourites yet. [face_love][face_love]

=D==D=

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Way with Words

~~~!!

Audrey savored the last bite of her guava pastry. The cream cheese was perfectly proporrtioned with the guava jelly and the flaky pastry layers were still warm.

"Ny, thanks for introducing me to these!" She exclaimed.

Nyota laughed. "You are most welcome. I'm excited to be off to the Laruvian conference. They've asked a few xenolinguists to decipher classic texts just unearthed."

"How long will you be there?"

"At leastt a few weeks."

"Spock going along?"

"No. He's going to Rialtro VI to help out with tricky negotiations. Mr. Westphal asked for him specifically."

"Hmmm." Audrey took a sip of her mocha with a thoughtful air. "You two don't find yourselves working apart very often. You'll be burning up the HoloWeb with messages, I'll bet?"

"Yes." Nyota said. "He initiates them as often as I do, to be frank."

"Really? That's amazing!"

"Why?"

"Guys don't, usually." Audrey remarked.

Nyota chuckled. "He misses me even if he doesn't say so in so many actual words."

They laughed.

"That's more a guy thing than anything too." Audrey said. "Jim does express such things, but he's unique."

"This I know."

+++++

:D

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Unique indeed! But in the best way!

I can't tell you what I enjoyed more - the pastry description (wouldn't that go wonderfully with my coffee right now? [face_batting]) or the girls discussing their guys. Of course Spock would see no qualms about being the first to contact; it's only logical. [face_love][face_love]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Still Waters"

~~~~!!!

Nyota put on a severe frown as she perused Grayson's 'padd. her son had asked her to look over his essay: "My Dad reminds me of whom?" for his creative writing class. He had picked a famed character from Star Wars.

She assumed a cool tone as she asked: "So you think your Dad is like Thrawn?"

"Well, they both have astute minds, some might say genius-level logical and efficient approaches." Grayson replied a bit tentatively.

"Yes?" She encouraged.

"Others tend to underestimate their strengths and wind up on the short end because of it." He grinned. Then he asked thoughtfully, "The comparison doesn't hold up, then?"

Nyota finally gave in and laughed. "No, darling. I was merely teasing because ..." Here she winked and hugged him. "I've always thought so, too!"

Grayson laughed. "Mom, you're incorrigible."

"Yes, your Dad has told me so on more than one occasion." She smiled.

There was another similarity between the two in Nyota's view. Both gave their respect and loyalty and friendship after these having been earned and then were steadfast in keeping true; they loved deeply and eternally the ladies blessed to win their hearts.

++++++++

So incredibly stoked Thrawn was recanonized. [face_love] [face_love]

Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan :D

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice discussion with the references to Thrawn

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I love that Grayson saw the similarities too! [face_laugh][face_love]

What a fun, heartfelt response to the prompt. :D =D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks ever so for the nomination of Best Relationship for S/U. I love exploring character/relationship growth. Quite delicious! :) :D

Mira_Jade likes this.