main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Love Set to Melodies. Post- 07/18.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 1, 2016.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota - usual disclaimer applies.

Characters: Predominantly S/U but doubtless Jim/Audrey as well.

AN: Parallels the concept of a fic thread I have in SW side, where viggies/ficlets are inspired/titled after songs on my OTP playlist.

Will feature heavily the awesome tunes of the 1980s. :cool:

~~~~~!!!

"Secret"--by the Beatles.

She rushes into the Fleet Academy's dining hall and intercepts Sherralyn with a big hug.

"How was your trip to Athens? Did you see ..."

Sherralyn's enthusiastic reply falls over Nyota's in a rush of happy enthusiasm and the ladies laugh.

Arm in arm they make their way to a side table and call up entrees from the inset menu-pads.

Nyota has requested smothered steak with onions and Sherralyn Shepherd's Pie.

"I told Spock about our recent trip to the Freedom Memorial in New York and how moving it is still." Nyota says after Sherralyn finishes telling about her stopovers at famous museum exhibits. "Loved the Museum of History as well." Nyota concludes. "He is so easy to tell such things to. He actually understands my interest without me having to go into long-winded details."

Sherralyn laughs. "You just like having an excuse to ..."

Nyota blushes but does not deny it. The "secret" of her attraction to one so undeniably compelling is something she often feels is known only to herself in moments of quiet and happy reverie... but her close lady friends - and her sister as well - may not know the object of her affections per se - but they do know she is falling for someone very special.

++++++

:D

divapilot likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    She is in love and has her secrets.
    Love your song inspired viggies

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was such a sweet ficlet! [face_love] You perfectly captured that buoyant, giddy feeling of new love. I can well understand the appeal - the understanding, she finds with him. It really is a focal point of their relationship - both ways, at that.

I can't wait for more of these! [face_dancing][face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gooified myself just typing this [face_laugh] [face_love]

_____

Based upon "My Foolish Heart" sung by Tony Bennett or Frank Sinatra - with the following lyrics:

The night is like a lovely tune, beware my foolish heart!
    How white the ever constant moon, take care, my foolish heart!
    There's a line between love and fascination,
    That's hard to see on an evening such as this,
    For they give the very same sensation.
    When you are lost in the passion of a kiss.
    Your lips are much too close to mine, beware my foolish heart!
    But should our eager lips combine, then let the fire start.
    For this time it isn't fascination, or a dream that will fade and fall apart,
    It's love this time, it's love, my foolish heart!

:) [face_sigh] [face_sigh] !!!!!!!!!!!

He silently wonders as they get "back to business" if perhaps their spontaneous display of affection - if not regretted per se - was indicative of something slightly less than a bone-deep commitment. He does not doubt she meant it at the time it happened and even some hours afterwards but maybe? Just maybe ... she has reconsidered? If not the action or the sentiment - the degree or nature? And now, she is too diplomatic to admit it? The memory of the taste and feel of her soft lips ... the eager happy glow in her eyes ...

Nyota picks up on this train of thought even through their still-burgeoning connection and smirks.

"Admit it, you just can't believe I could fall for you, huh? You'd better get used to it, my sweet sweet heart!"

What he cannot believe is that he could have fallen for someone like her - not because she is not lovable and desirable - but because she is the literal epitome of those qualities.

He simply gazes at her in gentle wonder, and she laughs lowly.

"I have no words to express how glad I was that it happened!" She exclaims.
    And pounces with happy kisses because she realizes the fire has just started for him, as well.

+++++

SQUEEEEEEE!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That song is a perfect way to decribe their love

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the gentleness of this one! You really captured the 'I can't believe this is happening to me' quality to burgeoning love beautifully; the song was a wonderful fit. [face_love]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Loved that one and this. Going further back than the '80s for this one, but not as far as "Big Bands". ;)

"For All We Know" by the Carpenters

~~~!!!

I confided in Sherralyn via a long message once we debarked. "I can understand the need to test the waters and distance/detach before making such a decision. But then what does it say about me that I was so quick to feel rejected?"

Her answer was assuring. "It was the natural thing to assume, irregardless of what your heart hoped or mind told you."

"It was certainly something I do not want to experience again. I'm glad I won't have to."

Not exactly strangers, I thought, far from it. But we have a lot to learn about one another.

I was definitely looking forward and feeling grateful that we had a lifetime to do so.

When I told him this, he gazed at me softly, with ineffable warmth.
    "I am irrepressibly looking at the upside." I smiled. "A wonderful outcome doesn't hurt."

"It is your invariable outlook." He rejoined.

"Well, I'm inspired." I replied, with a beckoning glance.

++++++

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love] Like the last one, I loved the gentle, 'beginning' tone to this ficlet! The getting to know each other stage is always fascinating, especially when coupled with that 'I feel like I've known you forever' feeling. [face_love]

Just lovely, again. =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely again, what can I add more

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) [:D] !!! Love the context of song to unfold their relationship.

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    As a major ST:TOS fan, I usually 'ship Spock & Chapel, but nevertheless....... Squee!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles for evoking a SQUEE! :) ;)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Inspired by Roberta Flack's "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face."

The first time Audrey saw Jim, she wanted to insist she was underwhelmed. But she was too honest for that. His laughing hazel eyes and quick wit and athletic build took care of that bit of yeah-right.

When he kissed her the first time, she tried telling herself - he's done this countless times, so of course he's good at it. I'm just one more. But he proved to her in a myriad ways that she was special. And he was, as well. She had lost a person she had thought she would marry and had closed her heart afterwards. But Jim's warmth and vulnerability had opened it up again. If he could take risks, so could she. And once she plunged in, Audrey found the waters to be quite spectacular.

After their wedding night, Audrey's mind and heart were officially and permanently blown.

Indisputably and joyously.

++++++

:) [face_sigh]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That's one of my favorite songs and you have put lovely words to it

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! [face_love][face_love] This was a great reflection on Jim and Audrey's relationship - romantic without being too overblown, at that, which perfectly fits Audrey's personality. I like how she goes from denial to being so completely, happily blown away! Both of these characters deserve to be rewarded for their taking a chance on each other.

Just lovely - but duh, I knew it would be. ;) [face_love]

=D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Because I just heard this and there is no slouchy scanky cover of this exquisiteness!!!!!!

"Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars" sung this time by the inimitable Sinatra =P~

Stop!!!

LOL

~~~~~!!!

Nyota has been on numberless worlds on missions and shore leave. With her love beside her in the sweet afternoon sunshine or in the starshine of twilight it is sheer contentment she feels. They are in a world of their own as they enjoy a private meal on a beach or in a glade or stroll under a canopy of stars. They speak of all and sundry or let a tender silence prevail. Any where is home because he is there.

And in the soft gentle glow of their bond, he tells her he feels the same.

++++ :) [face_sigh]

Mira_Jade [face_batting]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your take on Sinatra and what it does for Nyota and Spock

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww. It's just a few words, but I love the scene you built up here. Very tender and atmospheric - though, how couldn't it be? [face_mischief][face_love]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "You Are" by Charlie Wilson is for this update.

As the kids grew, she was a wonderful confidante and could also be a pal. But she was not hesitant about meting out discipline when warranted. However, she always did it in a way that affirmed her love and concern. When Grayson was inadvertently pulled into the wrong kind of peer group and started pulling pranks, harmless at this stage, but who knew how that would develop? She and he nipped it in the bud and helped him find friends who were also good role models and a lot of fun. Her bondmate was impressed with the scope of her insightfulness and the ease with which she enfolded ones in a cocoon of love and trust. So he sent her wine-colored roses, her favorite color of that flower, and a disc with a lovely song that flowed out melodiously when she tapped the play key.

"Oh, darling!" She enthused. "What a lovely spontaneous gift that was!"

She wrapped herself all around him, and he held her fast, finding no small modicum of pleasure in her happiness.

"You deserve that and more, my own."

She smiled and kissed him soundly.
    +++++

earlybird-obi-wan & Mira_Jade
    :)

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    An excellent parent for her growing kids and lover.

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! What a sweet family moment - I can imagine that Nyota would be firm and sweet as a mom, and she and Spock make a fantastic team. His appreciation was beautiful. Thanks for sharing this little slice of life. :D [face_love]