Amph Star Trek Movie Novelization

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Ulkesh2, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    A week to go. Has anybody found the novelization of the new Trek film? It is by Alan Dean Foster.

I think that it's safe to assume people have found it at this point.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Nothing in my local bookstores here in the UK as of last weekend. I'll be in town tomorrow and will check again.
  3. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    According to Amazon, it's not supposed to be released until the 12th, presumably to keep mum on spoilers.

But don't worry, I've heard that since the movie has been finished since December, and since Pocket Books had to rush to get this book out onto the market, Alan Dean Foster saw the movie before writing it, really the first time that's happened with a movie novelization writer, so I'm sure it'll be something special.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I asked in one of the local bookstores on Saturday and they said May 8. I'll be up in London on the 9th and if we go to Forbidden Planet I'll be looking for it.
  5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    I ordered the audiobook from Amazon just for something different. Zachary Quinto reads it, and does a really good job from what I've seen.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I was in Forbidden Planet (London) on Saturday and didn't see it, so I asked one of the employees. He looked it up online and said it had been delayed and he didn't have a date. If it is due out on the 12th, it should be out today.
  7. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    I got the audiobook from Amazon today... Very impressed with Quinto.
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    He played Spock, didn't he? I have to say I didn't really see him as Spock, but he was great on Heroes.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I found the novel today in a local bookstore. A note for UK fans - check your local Waterstones if you have one. Mine had the book in their '3 for the price of 2' offer. The local Books Etc didn't have it at all.
  10. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I saw it in WH Smiths in London yesterday, it's in the chart and part of their buy one get on half price deal.
  11. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    So is it any good? I loved the movie but am discouraged by the size of the book. It looks sparse. Worth picking up for the price?
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I'm currently reading the novel and am over halfway through. I'm enjoying it. I haven't seen the film yet though - maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I can recommend the book.
  13. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have it and recommend the book
  14. Serena-Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Haven't read it yet, but I'd really like to. It sounds good.
  15. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    Look how they get ya. Link

Glad I waited. Though I have to say I like how fast they went to MMPB. I wish Del Rey worked that fast.
  16. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.