main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] My Family of the Soul. (DDC 2015) Complete: 12/03/15.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Following Mayhem with a bit of something ...

Admiral Ganesh was everything I didn't like in the upper brass. Full of themselves and no flexibility when it came to rules and no compassion either. Her entire attitude was "So?"

Spock's gentle massage on my shoulders eased my irritation and stirred my more serene feelings.

The thing they were discussing at the meeting was a memorial/elegy for Admiral Pike. Now, him I had liked. Very much.

It reminded me of something that happened soon after the whole Harrison craziness. Something Spock said but which i hadn't picked up on entirely and then we'd been swept up by events.

The memory made me grimace, but thankfully I had put things to rights, although he (darling that he is!) hadn't felt I had anything to apologize for.

"Spock, I must apologize! You mentioned to me during the first mad dash after Harrison that you felt it when Pike died, that you were privy to that whole barrage. I know that kind of thing can be encouraging to the one who is passing - so they won't feel alone, but gracious! For the one on the receiving end, even with mental shields somewhat strengthened against the full brunt, it had to be daunting! I never considered what that whole thing must've been for you! I was so busy being put out!"

"Your feelings were valid, Nyota. And I do not feel you were remiss in the slightest." He cupped my face and whispered before bestowing a light kiss, "Nyoo'sha."

I gave a squeal and encircled him enthusiastically. I just keep getting fresh cause to fall in love with each minute!

+++++++

[face_dancing] ^:)^

Chyntuck likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very sweet uppdate showing the great and eternal love between them

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, so sweet! They take such good care of each other. And like any healthy relationship, they keep learning new things about each other, and that underrstanding deepens their connection.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So true! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] The relationship is mutually/reciprocally tender and nurturing. It keeps growing stronger because it's a priority for each. :) [face_sigh]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was another beautiful moment - once again, the empathy and understanding between them is just a beautiful and healthy relationship to observe. They each are putting a lot of work into their bond, and it's paying off.

I especially liked the flashback, that was a rough time for everyone involved, and Spock no doubt found it easier to grieve and heal for her presence - even if she first felt that she didn't do enough! :) [face_love]

=D=[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree absolutely! Each event that occurs can either bring a couple together or drive a wedge. Chuffed that the former is happening. They are sensitive to the other's needs and feelings. [face_thinking]

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love the massage calming her down :p And poor Spock, having to go through that -- though as Nyota said, it was likely a comfort to Pike!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    We check in in person on colonies we help to transplant, not just relying on second and thirdhand reports. It's this personal approach that I applaud. We don't just dump 'em and forget. Sherralyn and I exchanged messages on the most recent update we received, on a mission jointly shared.

It was nice catching up with her. She and Tristan were getting closer. They had a lot in common. He had proposed to her under the light of three moons. They would be having their wedding in New Zealand and staying at one of the resorts famed for glowworm caverns. When I saw the holo-films, I was fascinated by the beauty! The glowworms were naturally luminescent, shining in patterns of green and blue!

+++++

:) [face_sigh]

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    It's nice to see her friends settling down happily!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Sherralyn going to Te Anau and the glowworm caverns. A very good approach on colonies

11. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Heyyyyyyy- I know where those caverns are (at least I saw pictures!) They do look really beautiful. How romantic! A proposal under the moonlight! Maybe there will be one for Nyota some day???[face_love]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Two flashbacks revised from posts made in other threads.

Thanks to divapilot - I decided to flesh out this pivotal occasion! [face_love] [:D]

Jenna and I were sharing eclairs.

"Cole and I always knew we were meant to be together. He proposed to me in a botanical garden. It was a lovely setting and one that appealed to me professionally and artistically." She indicated my betrothal ring. "That's certainly a lovely ring, Nyota! Did you ...

I smiled with happy recalling. "Oh yes. We talked about it during a trip to Paris before our tour started, then he gave me this gorgeous ring in the most wonderful way."

"Ooh, details, please!"

"I did not want to presume that we would be bonded." Spock began over dinner, a moonlit cruise as a matter of fact, down the Seine.

It paralleled the one that we had taken a year or so before.
    So much had changed in the interim. We were closer than ever we had been then, our commitment stronger and love even more like irridescent diamonds.
    We had always thought in terms of "us" and "we". Now, it was down to the marrow and more.

The moon dappled the water and caught in my eyes as I smiled.
    "Presume? What do you mean, presume? You had me practically at hello, never mind after that first glorious meld and when we physically joined, so amazingly. Do you think I could ever be satisfied with anyone else after you? ?" My eyes glowed dreamily with remembering.

Spock clasped my hands and caressed me across our bond.

"And you, after all you dissolved that initial contract with the walking icicle, aka T'Pring. She's like a cyborg, more computer than lady. Even I could tell that. What were you thinking: were you going to boot her up with your hard drive?"

He raised both eyebrows for that one.

I chuckled and elaborated. "An Orion expression."

"My own, there is a process. A courtship, a proposal ... I wished to do it all in such a way that would meet with your satisfaction."

"It could never be otherwise with us, darling."

"The formal joining will not be immediately. I want the ring, and the moment to be all you could wish."

"I know it shall be, and we have forever, my love." I vowed, adoration in my voice and shining through our connection.

"Indeed." He murmured, tenderly.

"This grand adventure we're about to embark on, it'll be special for us, too. We'll learn and share even more than we have already." I said eagerly.

He assented with my statement by leaning across and kissing me deeply.

Later...

We were on a world of beautiful waterfalls in pristine lakes, surrounded by forested hills and verdant glades.

During a sunset picnic by one of these waterfalls, I was delighted by how the light of the setting sun shone off the misted rainbow created by the nearby cascade of water.

I reflected with contentment: "This has been a wonderful day. Despite the fact that when we rowed across the lake earlier, you almost tipped the boat over by tickling me!"

He took my hand while reaching back into the basket.
    He produced a velvet-lined box. "I had this custom-made for you. I wished for it to be remarkable and unique. I hope it meets with your approval?"

I opened the box and gasped at what lay nestled.

It was a betrothal ring of white gold, whose faceted gems were in the shape of stars. They shone brilliantly.

I cradled it in my hands, examining its radiant jewels and the pattern.

"Spock, love. Is this what I think it is?" My eyes sparkled.

"It is."

I teased: "Hmmm. I was beginning to wonder about when you would present me with this little tangible token."

He raised both brows in puzzlement. "Indeed? I did not know there was any cause for doubt or concern."

I answered, with apparent thoughtfulness: "I almost thought you were going to forgo the entire gesture. Makes me consider: Should I accept it or what?"

His look was frankly startled.
    "Is there a truly valid reason why you should not? Why you wouldn't?" He asked, with genuine curiosity.

I made sure our bond was uncommunicative, but thinking back, this probably clued him in I was being mischievous.

I laughed softly. "Darling ... no-- I love it. And you!!!" I was floored by the ring's loveliness and by the depth of the passion and love I sensed emanating from it.

"The metal becomes attuned to the sentiments of the giver." Spock told me, sensing my amazement and the reason.

How unique! I thought. The metal of the band eventually became imbued with the sentiments of the giver. Thus conveying his deep commitment and boundless love and devotion.

He slid it on for me, and I smiled widely.
    We reached to embrace, and our kisses were decidedly passionate and elated.

"I cherish you, my own ashal-veh." He said with infinite tenderness.

Then we expressed our love under the stars - gently, at length.

"Wow, that's lovely!" Jenna said. "I never would have supposed ..."

"There's a lot of depth to my sweet pookie bear." I answered, laughing.

+++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Such a sweet proposal!! [face_love]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    what a wonderful and sweet moment

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The glow-worm caverns sounded so very beautiful! What a perfect place for a proposal. [face_love]

But you took the cake with the next proposal - and I think that you know that. ;) I especially liked his gift of the ring, and this:

We had always thought in terms of "us" and "we". Now, it was down to the marrow and more.

Was really just the perfect way to sum everything up. How beautifully stated! [face_love]=D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cold tendrils of dread raced through me as I looked into the monitor over my station. The landing team's signals were suddenly lost. Spock, Sulu, and Yolette were planetside. I shot the Captain a look of concern and he gave me one of confidence. I frowned and went back to work. A lot was riding on my success!
    ++++

TBC [face_nail_biting]

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    That proposal was amazing. How romantic! Who knew Spock would be such a stickler for tradition? But good for them both that he is, because it gives them memories of boat rides down the Seine and moonlit nights with a ring as luminous as their love. [:D]

That last update, though...Yikes! But if it can be done, Nyota Uhura is the woman for the job. :cool:

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Agreed from top to bottom. ^:)^ @};-

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Uhura should be able to track and get the signals back;)

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, that was short, but a punch to the gut. [face_worried] I am looking forward to seeing that one resolved!

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I second Mira -- it was definitely a punch to the gut. I love Kirk's absolute faith, though!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Conclusion

I did it! I felt a rush of triumph. I had put together algorithms from two different subroutines and pierced the interference.

In no time, Sulu and Yolette were back on the bridge, giving their report. As they had entered, Yolette had shot me a "You're so good it's ridiculous" smile & Sulu had grinned knowingly.

Spock paused as he moved to his station. "I had no doubt you would be able to bring about a resolution." He told me softly.

"Did you? Thank you. I appreciate that."

"Your promise at the Academy has been more than exceeded, as well you are aware."

I laughed. "I like hearing it said, particularly by you." Our eyes held. /Later for you, you darling!/ I sent with a caress.

/I shall look forward to that, Nyota./

When we were alone, I think it was pretty much even who enfolded whom in a tight and enthusiastic hug.

My kisses were full of relief & happiness, his of love and admiration.

++++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That's because our girl kicks butt in more ways than one! I loved seeing Nyota's talents shine through here - and Spock's admiration is always a lovely thing, of course. [face_mischief][face_love]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she is quite the professional

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Among other delightful things! [face_love]