main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] My Family of the Soul. (DDC 2015) Complete: 12/03/15.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Such a well deserved reward for her dramatic and heroic actions! She is as cool and intelligent as she is passionate.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Truth, and squee! [face_love]

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, what a perfect conclusion!!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I want to say how wonderfully dedicated and empathetic our medical staff is, despite the constant pranking. Cole Benson was amazing during a recent away mission helping refugees. There was a family of 5, with three children, all under 6 or 7, who had temporarily lost touch with their parents. He and Jenna took care of them at the clearing station until their folks were located. I was particularly touched by the sight of Jana holding a six-month old with the cutest crop of red-golden curls.

I sauntered up to a youngling with a stuffed and well-worn plushy and asked her name as she was waiting for her aunt and uncle to collect her and her brothers. "Valara." She said shyly and I beamed.

I saw Jana pass the wee one to Spock as she tended to a new arrival.

That image sent all kinds of happy, happy chills through me!

"You'll make a wonderful Poppa!" I told him later on. He hadn't seemed uncomfortable in the slightest. He seemed to actually - relish the experience?

He caught this silent pondering from me and replied: "Preparing for the inevitable day when ..."

I pounced with a squeal and a hug!

"There's something so visceral and satisfying about holding a baby," I said happily, "Particularly when it is yours!" I laughed. "Am I gushing?"

Spock merely raised a noncommittal "No comment" brow and kissed me.

+++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes=D= to see Spock and Uhura with kids

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's great to see the crew of the Enterprise helping out in such a vital way. And Spock with a baby! That mental image will never not be old, and it seems that Nyota enjoyed it as much as I did. :p

Spock merely raised a noncommittal "No comment" brow and kissed me.

[face_laugh][face_love] That line was so perfectly Spock, and a great way to wrap up this installment. =D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, a sensitive subject dealt with here. Echoes a lovely conversation I read elsewhere.

~!

My Mother and Father were totally behind my choice of life-mate. They saw how happy he made me although my Mom admitted to me much later that they had qualms surrounding the physical aspects of longevity - i.e., the disparity that would exist.

That would more be on his side than mine, I reminded her, and she sighed. "Not an easy outcome for either of you." She said. "But I can tell the joy and love between you more than compensates."

"Yes, it does." I answered readily.

I keep nothing from him, so even this conversation I shared as he leaned against my shoulder, holding my waist.

Spock told me thoughtfully: "Losing you - eventually as I believe I shall - Nyota - is something it is incomprehensible to think about due to the distance in time, but also to the ... very nature of the situation."

"Yet and still, with our careers,it could happen to either one of us at any time. I know if I lost you, my heart would shatter into a million million pieces, but I would eventually, although it wouldn't be easy, find a way to celebrate what we had had together, this feeling - this completeness that you have brought to me that none other could, darling! Our love is a testament to something blessed. Others just have to marvel that I have been able to love such as you." I grinned. "A delectable, marvelous you." I paused. "I'm sure your folks would agree, despite everything?"

"I believe so. They perpetually displayed a pervasive cherishing and gratitude for what was between them. For my side, there is no adequate expression for what you've given me." Was the tender reply.

"Sweetest love of mine." I whispered.

++++++

Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thoughtful update with the differences in life expectancy

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, you know that I loved this update. ;) [face_love]

Yet and still, with our careers,it could happen to either one of us at any time. I know if I lost you, my heart would shatter into a million million pieces, but I would eventually, although it wouldn't be easy, find a way to celebrate what we had had together, this feeling - this completeness that you have brought to me that none other could, darling!

This.

Honestly, that's what you have to hang on to in any relationship - no one ever knows what tomorrow brings, so (especially in a case of unequal lifespans), just hold on to the good times you have, and let memory of those days see you through the bad. This update was amazingly tender and touching. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So sweet! And a sign of how mature their relationship is that they're able to have this very necessary conversation.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    With Audrey & Yolette being close friends, they confided in me but thankfully never asked me to "take sides" whenever a conflict arose with their special someones. All they wanted was someone to listen and commiserate and give a fresh perspective, which I was more than willing and able to do.

I certainly did not hesitate to agree when they were upset over a typical guy thing, the 'Fleet equivalent of being lost & not using your GPS - my Dad was famous for that little quirk!

But when my lady friends needed a balanced view, I gave it to them, with warmth yet candor.

"You have a very objective, analytic bent of thought." Audrey told me once. "Guess your sweet "pookie bear" is accentuating your own innate intuitiveness and sensitivity."

I smiled. "Hopefully I'm having a similar effect on him!"

"That I do not doubt."

+++++

:)

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey is a great observer. And love the 'guy' thing

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_love] Ha haa! Spock is rubbing off on Nyota; or, as with the best of relationships, amplifying and complimenting what was already there. [face_love]

But she and her gal-pals have a very balanced view of things here - it is never wise to jump into the middle of things, but a fresh perspective and a listening ear are the best things you can ask for in a friend. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

14. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, such a sweet conversation, and as you put it in another thread, a necessary one. Chances are very good that Spock will one day go on without her. But the memory will never die.

And the idea that Spock is rubbing off on her! Nyota is a brilliant scientist in her own right, but not quite a Vulcan. His discipline and stoicism must influence her, just as her passion and open-heartedness influences him. Just the right measures of both.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree on both counts: the conversation and the mutual influence. The way they complement and strengthen one another's good points - [face_love] [face_love]

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    What a good friend! As one of mine once said, sometimes you just need someone who will listen to you vent and not hate your SO when you're done. It sounds like she's exactly that type of person!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Takes place during "What Matters Most" - reflections and assurances.

~!

I cared about the refugees on Iriona II. But I had no patience for the politicians who were hanging things up. And I knew that after we left, things would either hang together or fall apart. I tried to detach myself emotionally from the latter prospect knowing there was nothing I could do to prevent it one way or another except to make sure things went smoothly and well for the average citizen for the foreseeable future.

Which, Audrey reminded me over pastries and tea, was pretty much all anyone could do realistically. Work for the best possible solution and hope it sticks.

I want to be an optimistic realist, not a pessimistic one. Seeing the glass as half full. No one likes being around a gloomy puss. But her words assured me that I wasn't "losing it." The sympathetic edge is what my Poppa calls it.

My betrothed, sensing my disquietude, working as he was on the communication grids between the various refugee hubs, sent me warm caresses across our connection.

Ashal-veh, take a deep breath and do not over-think. He sent with amusement.

I laughed softly. Have I mentioned today that I love you? I replied with infinite tenderness.

+++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Because that's where loved ones are the best - helping you from every angle, even from your own mind. Nyota's worries and fears are very valid ones, but ultimately they won't be one lick better or worse because of her fretting, and Spock is the perfect thing to help buoy her spirits here. [face_love]

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Good for her friends for bucking her up! That sounds like a tough position to be in :(

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love her reflections and the help she is getting

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Sherralyn," I said with a smile. "How are you?"

"Excellent, Ny! Where are you?"

I laughed at her surprise. "A villa on one of the gorgeous beaches of Saint Lucia."

"Really?" Sherralyn beamed. "How wonderful. I can take a transworld shuttle and be there tomorrow."

"That would be great."

"Whatcha doing ground-side - aren't you a few weeks ahead of schedule?"

"One of our crew had to return for convalescence. We decided to return early anyway, since Jim and Audrey will be having their joining here, and ... honeymooning on Tahiti."

"Nice!" Sherralyn exclaimed. "Oh, it will be great to catch up in person. Do you have a stockpile?"

"Naturally. All the chocolate goodies you could hope for!"

Sherralyn's eyes shone. "Yes!"

++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, a girls' meet up on a tropical island! That sounds rather good right now looking out my window. :p

And Jim and Audrey's plans sound perfect. They deserve it after everything they've been through - both professionally and personally. [face_love]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this wrap-up of What matters most. Ny and Sherralyn on a tropical island and Jim and Audrey on another one is sure nice.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love girls weekends! (Even with the boys involved :p ) And it will be nice for them to catch up!

25. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, Nyota knows how to kick back. What a great break for her! With all the stress of her career, she deserves it.:cool: