main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Star Trek: Nemesis

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Around 9? You mean 10 MuttandSolo. Usually there is 15 to 20 min. of previews. So the movie won't actually start until 8pm. It's almost 2 hours long (I think I saw 1:53 hrs.).

I'll definately go Friday but I'm not sure about 7:45. My boss, another ST fan might want to grab something to eat first and then we'll head to the theatres.

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, previews and don't forget the commercials! I really resent the fact that I now have to watch commercials at the movies.

3. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Hoffmann is normally pretty crazy on Friday or Saturday nights. I am lucky. My boss and I are going to the first showing (1:00 PM) on Friday to see it. We are also going to eat at Ruby Tuesday there for lunch. We are doing it as a department outing for the holidays. So it will all be free to me. And yes, you can hate me for it.

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, I will need to ask that somebody please pick me up a ticket and I will pay them back when I get there, from where I have to travel from, including Metro, I will no doubt make it just in time to walk in the door.

5. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    As long as you don't pull a Valerie and arrive 30 minutes late.

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Oh I won't be that late.

I have to work till 4 on Friday. I'll leave home at 5.
    1 hour to Branch Ave Metro
    ~1 hour Metro travel to Eisenhower
    Should be there about 7pm.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I remember the days when I used to get off work at 4. I miss those days... Though I don't miss getting up at 7. Ick.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I get off at 3

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Don't make me hit you.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    but I come in at 7

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    True. I get here at 10:30. I still can't decide which is better though...

12. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    well, I would rather get up early and leave early. I hate getting off at 7 or 8.

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    It's not bad, except on Fridays. Although sleeping in on Monday morning is a good consolation.

14. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I will be there! I like ST and I will prob be early because i always am. I just hope we can get tickets.Does anyone want to go early get the tickets and have dinner before the show with me? I take it we are not going in SW costumes? I think it was a fun idea to go in the costumes but i havn't heard anyone else talking about it and you all know i love to go dressed up!

15. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    You can pre-order the tickets from Movietickets.com. It is the way to go. That way you know you have the tickets. I already have my tickets sitting on my bookshelf at home.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Hey Sharon,

I think we're planning to do dinner or something after the movie. Sounds like some people, myself included, will be cutting it close as it is to get there on time.

17. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Since I've been out sick with some sort of flu disease all week, I'll have to work until about 6 on Friday - but since I'll take the metro directly there from the office, I'll be there by 7 easy. And I'm all for going out afterwards, presuming I don't have a relapse.

18. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Here is the plan i have jeffs ticket so I will wait for him someone else can hold seats for us if we can't all go in at the same time. I might wait and go to dinner with whoever is going if it is OK so i wont' be eating alone. Is this OK with everyone?

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll go to dinner with you afterwards, Sha - I'm dragging a friend of mine along too, but neither of us can get there in time to eat before the movie.

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    MOrning! I'm still sickly - and now I've got a vicious cough. If I'm recovered greatly by the time work ends, I'll still come to the movie. If I'm still only going about 15 minutes between coughing attacks, then I won't go. I hate people who go to movies and cough the whole time!!

21. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Apolgies for not being able to make the movie, but I had a sickly wife to care for and, um, had to sneak off to Maryland (a dreary place of cold winds, clinging mists, and rain, at least whenever I go there) to DM a D&D game.

But the Two Towers is still going on. E & I are planning 7:30 at Potomac Yards on opening day, but I think the tickets for that show are already gone.

Thoughts?

22. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I know the Uptown is sold out for opening day.
    My brother and his wife already got tickets for the 8pm show in Rockville opening day. I am going to try to get off work and get tickets for that show or the earliest show on Thursday since thats my day off.

23. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I want to see The Two Towers...but I bet it will be crazy for the first few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.