main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Trek NEMESIS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lando_Da_Pimp, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Since there was a thread started for the Two tower and since I could care less about that movie I thought I would see if anybody is excited about Nemesis coming out.

I plan on there the day it comes out.

Also you can watch 5 minutes of the movie here

Star Trek footage

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    I am! It's a great holiday season with a Star Trek, a James Bond, and Two Towers all coming out!

...plus it's an even numbered Trek - so it should be good! :)

3. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    I don't always believe in that even vs odd numbered movies

Granted Motion Picture & Undiscovered Country had its problems

Generations was odd.

But Search for Spock and Insurrection are great movies

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm looking forward to this as well. Although this is supposed to be the last TNG casted movie.

I wonder what they wil do in the coming years? I doubt they would make movies with the current cast, I don't know how much of an audience the prequels would have.

5. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I, myself, am way excited. I love Star Trek! I'm kinda bummed that it's being billed as the last generations movie tho. It took me a long time to come around to accepting them, and now they'll be gone for good, <sniff>

6. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I just saw the trailer with Day Another Day (Another AWSOME Movie)

I never really got into ST 'cept for First Contact I thought that was a good movie but I'll probably check this one out too.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    This won't be the last TNG movie, I gaurentee it... and if I'm wrong, we won't know that for a very ling time and everyone will have forgotten by then.

But seriously though, I think this one will be a big success and the cast will always be able to use the money. Paramount could offer Riker a chance to direct (good god) and promise a strong Picard storyline to satisfy Patrick Stewart, and it's not like Brent Spiner or Lavar Burton will be doing anything this side of Out to Sea 2 or a return of Reading Rainbow

8. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    Although it is sad that this "could be" the last STTNG movie. It all comes down to numbers. If this movie makes enough money we will see another STTNG movie.

I don't think they will ever try a DS9 or Voyager movie.

I have heard that there is a unique ending to this movie that may change what goes on in the next movie.

9. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Now, I'll admit to not being a fan of Star Trek, and I hate to be contradictory, but I felt the need to comment on an earlier comment...

<<But Search for Spock and Insurrection are great movies>>

Now "Search for Spock," I remember as being half-way decent, and I recall "Wrath of Khan" being enjoyable... but "Insurrection" = great???

*shudder*

Viewing it as a rather experienced movie buff, I'm inclined to disagree.

Violently.

I'll save my venom for another time, as I don't think it'll get me anywhere in this venue, but, I mean, really....

Did anybody else watch this movie?

Am I the only one who thought it was absolutely crud-tacular?

I'm just shocked and amazed I ever heard "Insurrection" and positive adjectives strung together in the same sentence.

Like I said, I'm not a Star Trek guy, but viewing it simply as a stand-alone movie, it did nothin' for me. Well, it may have done something, but only bad things, I assure you.

Well, at any rate, if anyone else has an opinion on the flick, please feel free to express it. Kinda curious how other people felt about it. That's about it.

Two thumbs down,
    Yours Truly

P.S. Suffice to say, I'm decidedly *not* looking forward to the new flick's release.

10. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I considered Insurrection to be a good movie, not great but good enough (own it on DVD)

As for the next movie, I think there will be another one if this makes enough money but I wish they would've released it more than 5 days before Two Towers comes out... Thats going to cut into it the profit. But it does look like Nemesis will be really good and that 5 minute segment only supported that thought.

11. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Ok, I liked Generations. I loved First Contact, but I felt that Insurrection was mediocre at best. But I am still looking forward to Nemesis. The trailers for this movie look unbelievably cool!

I wouldn't mind a DS9 movie. I really liked that show also. But I pray they do not make an Enterprise movie as I TOTALLY dispise that show! lol

And I do believe that if Nemesis makes good money, they'll be back.

And that is my take on STTNG. ;)

12. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I am a TNG fan, and I do want to see this movie..
    This is going to be a great Thanksgiving/Christmas movie season.. ^_^
    My favorite character is Data.. in Generations it was so cute when he was upset and had emotions.. ^_^

13. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    You gotta love Star Trek arguments. I feel like a geek when I do it.

I would love a DS9 movie as well. They will never do it but it would be great. The season 1 box set for DS9 comes out in March! I have to complete the TNG collection first. (2 more to go)

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    $700 is too much to pay for the entire collection of TNG, in my opinion. Some television series' are much cheaper, so when people start copying the expensive ones I will be right along with them.

15. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    I have already spent $500 so far. Season 6 & 7 come out in December. This is going to be a rough month.

16. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    I really want the dvd's of TNG seasons, but I just can't spare a hundred bucks for dvds x's 7. I was hoping my mom and dad would get 'em for me xmas, then I got a flat, so she offered to buy me tires instead, lol.

I didn't know you could DS9 on dvd tho. Hmmm.

17. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I saw the trailer on the big screen (before Die Another Day) over the week end. Looks good. I'm certainly not a hardcore trekker but I do enjoy the movies...well, mostly.

I thought Insurrection stunk.

18. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    I know this has nothing to do with ST...but was Die Another Day good? I'm not a Halle Berry fan. Just wondered if the movie was good. I LOVE Bond movies.

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I rated D.A.D. an 8.5 overall. I especially give a nod to the underling Zhauo. He should have been called Diamondface though as that would have been more appropriate and more like a Bond villian name. Story was okay. (The writers are having to find new ways to tell old stories, or at least update them for the 21st century and technology. halle Berry's character (Jinx) was good. In fact rumor has it that this character may get a spinoff movie.

If your a Bond fan this is a definite to go. If you like entertaining action movies, I'd recommend it.

20. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd give a 9 just for the sword fight. Plus I want his car.

21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Aston Martin = 2 sweet!

22. jadalyn

jadalyn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Nemesis is billed as the last movie for generations. Most of the cast are getting older and they no longer want to do the movies.
    My favorite movie of star trek is generations. I did not like the first ones at all. Insurection would have to be my second favorite movie. I can't wait to see Nemesis though, it looks better than the rest of the movies.

23. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanks jedi_master_sal and corran. I will probably try to get time to check it out. Tho time seems to be something I never have enough of. And Rox..who is Aston Martin? Is that person in the new movie? I'm really bad at remembering names [face_blush]

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Aston Martin is the type of the car the Bond drives.

25. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    omg! lmao@me, how embarrassed am I now? lol

doh!

Learn something new everyday <grin>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.