main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Trek NEMESIS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lando_Da_Pimp, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes I love that car.

By the way- Who is it that plays Ms. Frost? Just curious she seems familar from somewhere

2. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw Star Trek on Friday. It was great!!!!! Not as good as First Contact but easily the 2nd best TNG movie.
    I won't go into any details / spoilers but the ending was great.

3. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    It looks really good- I want to see it sometime over the christmas holidays. ^_^
    I know down at the Waterfront, near where I work, they had a guy in full Klingon makeup with a full wall display of traditional klingon weapons. ^_^
    It was really neat!

4. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I saw it Friday in big ol' Kittanning. Its was okay First Contact was better though. Yeah the ending is good 'nuff said.

PLUS! I FINALLY SAW THE TRAILER TO DAREDEVIL!
    It'll kick butt

5. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I saw Nemesis at the Supersavers 1:30 show yesterday - teriffic movie. I'm definatlly going back sometime. :)

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I saw it on Friday and was a little disappointed. I would rank it third or fourth amoung TNG movies behind First Contact and Generations. Whoever wrote this one should get the boot... NOW! TNG is about good characters and that seemed to be missing this time. Spoilers below:

The whole double/clone thing just didn't work for me. Picard's character was stretching too much and there was absoutely no new character developement from Data. Data isn't wet behid the ears anymore, so no need to make him say the same types of things he would have said during the first few seasons of the show. His humor was forced as well. Data is supposed to have learned enough where he doesn't totally say inappropriate things out of the blue. It reminded me of some of the corny 3PO AotC jokes. Riker and Troy are soooooooo BORING and they somehow managed to get this whole marriage storyline going, and then we didn't even get to see it? Worf and Jordi (sp?) where almost nonexistent. Worf was just there to occasionally tell Picard that they should raise sheids NOW and fire ASAP. Somehow I get the impression that Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner have a lot more influence on the writers the Lavar Burton and the actor who plays Worf. If Troi has more than 5 total minutes of sreen time during the next one I will go insane.

I really hope someone who can use the characters effectively writes the next TNG movie, and there will be another one; although it probably won't be the same with a retarded Data walking around the enterprise essentially recreating the character all ove again. The next movie should bring Q back. He is the perfect semi villian character. Adn PLEASE no Janeway... ever again!

END SPOILERS

7. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002

******BEWARE OF SPOILERS******

I disagree. The way they killed off Data gave him more humanity than ever before. He sacrificed himself to save his Captain.

I agree Worf's part was non existant but Troi had a bigger role in this movie. Did you notice that anytime Deanna sits at navigation she crashes the Enterprise?

I thought the story was really good and thought out.

***********END

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    SPOILERS BELOW

I don't think that killing Data in the last five minutes makes up for the previous 90 minutes (or however long the film was). I found a review that I think is dead on:
    review
    END SPOILERS

9. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I thought it wasn't the best TNG movie made but it was still pretty good and I will buy it when it comes out on DVD...

Spoilers....

I for one liked the Voyager series and thought the appearence of Janeway was great and everyone that saw the movie that also reguarly watched the Star Trek series agreed with that (besides it was a cameo, she deserved to be a admiral anyways) Knowles review of Nemesis is a bit overly harsh and dramatic.. Yea he knew it was going to suck as soon as he heard the opening score... yea.. It is saddening that Data died of all people but the person that wrote this was also the same one who did Gladiator and he was also a fan the ST:TNG series and as for the screentime... Well the focus in all the movies was Picard and Data and Levar did get some screen time but Micheal Dorn did deserve more but Frakes and Burton have good directing careers going. But all and all it was a pretty decent film.

End Spoilers

10. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    I dare anybody to try and get through one of Harry Knowles reviews. They are impossible to read. I don't put any trust into anything he says.

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I usually don't either, but this time I totally agree with him.

12. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I saw it last friday also and i enjoyed it. I would have like more Warf and jordi but hey nothin is perfect. I also rank it 3rd how do you top the borg and a crossover crew movie?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.