main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Nyota Indulgently Basks. Complete: Sept 23.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 1, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Disclaimer: borrowing with unabashed adoration.

Characters: S/U etc. :D

AN: Retelling of some of the stuff that appeared in "Cherished Moments" that is seriously truncated. :oops:

~~~~~!!!!!

I gasped as I turned on my 'padd to peruse my most intimate and tender journal which I had called "Cherished Moments." A power surge combined with my niece downloading a game that had some malware attached had corrupted some of the files. Good thing I noticed it before it spread like gangriene! I ran a virus scan quickly and rebooted then sighed with relief. Thankfully, the consequneces were caught in time and contained! But there were some files that were affected. I would have to go back through the "paper and stylus" entries and re-enter them. It was not only something I had done as a backup measure but because I enjoyed the process in and of itself. The upside was that I could stroll down memory lane again. Something I never minded, to be honest.

I stowed my 'padd and went to have a chat with my niece about gaming and 'net rules and precautions.

++++++

:D :D

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice beginning and with all the hacks now going and ransom demands quite hot news

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Yep, that was definitely a close call! But I love that it will lead to her refreshing those memories now . . . [face_love][face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks; I'm having way too much fun with these, already. [face_love]

~~~~!!!

A Successful Diversion

Christine Chapel had recently served on a remote starbase. She was to be the fleet counterpart of head or charge nurse but with more hands-on duties, of course. She was gorgeous, blonde, curvy, and sported a uniform that seemed to be a bit past regulation for my taste, yet her taste in shoes (and other things) was excellent.

It wasn't long until I noticed her "noticing" Spock. She had to ... she was still breathing after all. But did her glances have to be so lingering and glowy? I picked up on this instantly and gave her sharp looks, which either didn't register or she ignored them conveniently.

I had no concerns whatsoever about his end of things, but I wasn't about to let anyone even try to ...
    Even though Chapel told me she was glad for me once she knew about our relationship, her glances toward my dear one were still a little too dewy-eyed for my liking.

When Jim made a comment about the "other Spock" and his thoughts regarding Christine, I "accidentally" threw a stylus at him--it was a lucky thing for him I didn't have a lapcomp in my hands!

"Just making an observation." He said off-handedly.

"One I can do without!" I retorted coldly.

This exchange made me even more vigilant and coolly distant in my attitude toward Christine.

Then, something occurred which brought out the fiercely territorial lioness in me.

Garin II was a class M planet that we beamed down to in a peacekeeping effort on behalf of the Federation teams on the planet. After the initial fracas (or two) things even went remarkably well, due in very large part to Kirk's quick thinking and downright ferociousness that he exuded when he had a friend in danger. I felt that he deserved everything about his title, and so much more--like my endless gratitude, as when the friend in question was a Spock, who had taken a heavy blast in the opening scuffle. My heart in my throat, I rushed down to sickbay as fast as I possibly could.

It was a bad hit, and yet it was more painful than it was life threatening. Still, the even paler cast to his skin had made my guts churn and twist with apprehension, and the pain clouding his eyes as he flickered in and out of consciousness made something heavy and hot gather in the back of my throat.

I crowded past all the medical staff, oblivious to McCoy's urgent directions.

Christine was at the bedside, looking nonplussed even as she carried out her nursing duties. Her eyes were full of concern and her touch lingered longer than it needed to.

I sent soothing waves of caring and assurances across our connection. /I'm here, my darling./

Christine caught my eye and hastily exited to another section of the med-ward.

The following dayI brought my work files to the convalescent suites in the med-ward. During our talk over lunch, I spoke of this. "Christine Chapel was very attentive, more than strictly professionally necessary. I think she has a crush on you. And I believe she's had it a long time."

"I never gave her any cause to believe such emotions would be returned." He told me honestly.

I clasped his hand, smiled. "I know, love. My drawers were in a wad, but I've had a chance to cool off ... somewhat." I winked. “I have to tell you though, that my glower yesterday was enough to make her move away from your side, with alacrity!”

Amusement flowed silently between us.

We shared a soft kiss.

Not many days later, I cornered Leo in the rec lounge. "We've got to steer Christine in another direction. The Captain seems currently unattached?"

The Doctor laughed. "We'll sing the other's praises to each of them. Rouse their curiosity."

I grinned.

The ploy worked. Before long, Christine and Jim were sharing after-shift drinks, then it gravitated to dinner.

With her attention successfully diverted, I was able to feel comfortable cultivating a friendship with Christine.

This led me to borrow a pair of ankle-length boots that were 3 inches high.

I wore a peach blouse and grey slacks with them. I looked fantastic in them, and they fit too.

Spock massaged my shoulders and unsealed the fastenings of the clingy blouse.
    Hands and lips lingered most pleasurably on my curves and sweetly fragrant hollows.

Our bond sang with our elation.

"So, you see, my ashal-veh," He teased, "You never had cause for concern; Ms. Chapel never evoked even the remotest spark of what you are able to stimulate."

I laughed and purred as he continued the welcome caresses, and then I nibbled his ear and said: "It was just her audacity in pursuing you!"

"Yes, she should have realized I was inaccessible."

"You're just too irresistible for such subtle clues as we were putting out there to register; yet, I can’t fault her for superb taste in noticing you at all. And you're all mine!!"

I proceeded to give him a massage accompanied by kisses and much tender fondling.

++++++

earlybird-obi-wan & Mira_Jade

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Christine Chapel, yes she was one to have eyes on Spock. I love how Uhura described her and her deep feelings for Spock

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oops, can't wait to post-itis is still in full effect. [face_laugh] [face_love]

~~~~~!!!!

"A Mutual, Tender Thrill"

On a double date, Yolette's and Nyota's guys were talking astronavigation and the intricacies of a nearby nebula cluster.

"The distance from the center to the outermost fringes where nascent stars are forming is less than that from Jupiter to Neptune."

"Less than? No precise figures?" Hikaru teased.

"I believed that in this less formal context, a more informal, conversational tone would be appreciated."

Nyota laughed. "Oh, no. He finds your smart-speak as endearing as I do."
    There was a dancing and passionate glow to her eyes.

Yolette grinned. "You have a more personal way of expressing it, of course."

She laughed and blushed.

Her love spoke softly. "You have some berry juice ..." He indicated the spot.

"Oh, thank you!" She wiped it off with a napkin. "Better?"

"Yes, you've gotten most of it." He leaned close and wiped it off the corner of her mouth, lingeringly.

Yolette could see that even this innocuous touch affected her. Her eyes met Hikaru's. Maybe it was time they took themselves off.

She smiled as they exited the cafe. "It's a good thing we weren't on this double date because we didn't know if we would get along or not so our friends had to rescue the evening."

Hikaru smiled. "Yeah, as if we needed another couple to keep the small talk flowing. That happened to Pavel at the Academy. He had to "tag along" just in case when his roommate was fixed up."

Yolette grinned. "Is there anything worse than a whole bunch of awkward?"

Would he have kissed the residual juice away for me if we'd been alone? Nyota wondered. And even now, his "smart-speak" -- it did things to her stomach and pulses.
    It sent the butterflies to twirling on the one hand and the latter to racing on the other.

After Hikaru and Yolette left, they had a second cup of capuccino.
    "The latest images from the nebula should be uploaded by now." She said. "Will you be archiving them for future analysis?"

"Yes."

"And enjoyment, why not admit it?" She teased.

"Whether I denied it or not, you would believe what you wished." Spock answered, a mischievous light in his eyes. "So I have learned not to waste time doing so."

She laughed. "I do hope any planets that are forming don't get the Pluto treatment."

"Which is?"

"You know, is it a planet or a dwarf?" Nyota rolled her eyes. "A Junior sized burger is still a burger, as my nieces and nephews would say. Size matters not, as Yoda would."

When they were alone, he enfolded her tightly.

"You were tingling across to me all evening, love." Was the quiet observation.

She shivered and twined herself around him.
    Their eyes held, as his love came across to her clearly in the slow way his hands were enjoying her curves.

/You love me... you really do./ She breathed, as their kisses lengthened.
    The tone held all the wonder of newly-found love, even now, still.

With a tender thrill to the reply, he sent back: /Indeed, I do./
    ++++++

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely with the size matters not and the tingling love

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the update before this one! Yep, Christine has excellent taste, but I was happy as Nyota to see it directed elsewhere. With that silliness aside, the girls can go about being friends - because there are so many adventures to share after that! As always, though, I loved Nyota staking her claim, so to speak - and Spock's honest bemusement over there being a reason for her to be jealous in the first place. :p [face_love]

Then, for the recent-most - I loved all of the sparks in this one [face_love], along with the 'smart-talk'. [face_mischief][face_love] Nyota's comments about Pluto had me cracking up - the poor planet! :p

Another excellent few ficlets! [face_love]=D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    His POV in different font.

~~~~~!!!!!!!

"Love to Guide You Home"

I barely remember the details of the entire Serillious events. It is probably a merciful thing to be sure. Hazy images and impressions were all that lingered. The Doctors told me this was a probability given the nature of the circumstances. Our bond was stretched and strained, to the point I worried if it would be reparable.

It turned out (thankfully!) that it was.

When I woke finally to find myself in the med-ward, I took several long breaths. Was I dreaming? Was this real?
    Dr. Baldavin saw I was alert and checked my vitals and the readouts and smiled encouragingly. "You are one stalwart lady, Lieutenant, physically and mentally." His eyes were warm with admiration and warmth.

"How did I get here?"

"The Captain and Commander Spock saw to your rescue. Security Chief Johnson coordinated efforts." (This was while Audrey was away on a family emergency.)

"If I know spock, he left no stone unturned." I remarked with a fond chuckle.

"You could say that." Jana observed, coming up to give my hand a squeeze.

______

Our bond became shockingly attenuated during the incursion and interference on Serillious. She fanned it and kept it alight by sheer force of will.

I, no less than she.

Dr. Baldavin was astounded by our fortitude and determination.

"McCoy would very likely call it 'bull-headed stubborn.'" Jim observed, his eyes alight with concern, affection, and pride.

"That I do not doubt." I quipped.

Jim and Baldavin chuckled.

"Rest and palliative measures will be all that's needed." Mark Jullio pronounced upon Nyota's return. "Being here with you again..." His eyes shone with gladness, "That will be the most healing of all."

Our bond was getting stronger with each passing second we were close to one another.

I saw to her needs (in lieu of the nursing staff, although they understood the necessity of my being the one to provide ministrations), and I stayed with her through the balance of the night.

She slept soundly, too fatigued even for dreams.

I held her gently, reveling in the closer entwinement of hearts and minds.

Her eyes opened that following morning and fastened on me with happy realization.

"Spock -- by the One who gives life and breath to all ... I did not imagine it ... you came for me."

"I will come for you always." I breathed, kissing her tenderly. "You are the other half of me. There was no other option."

"I am famished." Nyota commented. "I know I shall have to eat light for now. But I can certainly start promptly."

"I shall inform Christine of this, or Jana." I told her, pressing the call-signal.

Jana entered immediately and came over.
    She smiled on seeing Nyota's bright eyes and alert expression.

"Give me a light European-style breakfast, please." Was Nyota's request.

"Certainly." Jana grinned.

After breakfast, I moved to get up and she tightened her hold convulsively on my hand.

"I will be back, my own. I simply need to get my portable work-station." I assured. "I am doing my work-tasks remotely today. I could not abide being separate from you any more than strictly necessary."

"Thank you." She replied, eyes full of appreciation. "I love you so very much. I feel like it's been aeons since I was able to tell you."

"I love you, also." I answered, kissing her soundly.
    Across our bond, she could feel my half-teasing intent as I continued, "Something tells me you will be eager to show me, as soon as the doctors give the clearance."

"You can count on that!" Nyota exclaimed, eyes glowing.

_____

"I kept your family apprised of your status throughout, and they know of your convalescence and prognosis." Spock told me when I was released on light duty.

I smiled gratefully. "Thank you. I'd like to speak to them directly. Assure them that I'm truly on the mend."

When contact was established, Mom had tears in her eyes. "Oh, Ny! We despaired of ever seeing you again!"

I smiled. "Interestingly enough, my soul-bond which was threatened proved to be the source of my rescue."

Dad grinned. "A compass to bring you home, to us. We expressed our gratitude - which words cannot begin to describe -- to Spock for his tireless endeavors."

I answered: "I could ask for none better to share my heart and life with."

Mom responded: "If we did not think so before, we know it certainly now!"

That evening, as we lay curled around one another, I said, "Now I have a new term of endearment for you. after all that has happened during this trying and triumphant situation."

"Indeed?" Spock queried, stroking my hair as it fell around us in silken waves.

"Yes." My eyes and heart were full of a love too profound to contain as I breathed: "It's in the Kiffar dialect. Qubshi be-khadeeb, it means light in the dark."

"So you are to me, as well." He replied, kissing me with ineffable tenderness.

++++++

Tags for Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan
    Oh this was a scrumptious one!

[face_love]

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely update with snarky comments from Uhura and Spock.
    And the doctors and nurses were very cooperating of course[face_dancing]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I love that the Serillious plot bunny is still spawning stories, even these years later. This was a tender look at her convalescence - not just for her bond with Spock, but for her attachment to her crew and family. What a great exploration of the healing power of love - literally. ;) [face_love]

Unearthing these old gems is proving to be a fantastic trip down memory lane! :D [:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That one was all kinds of terrific, and so is this. Audrey's POV in Arial.

~~~~~~!!!!!!
    "Moved and Heart-Warmed"

It has been my loving privilege and a natural consequence as well that I would know of and soothe away my Imzadi's vaguaries of somewhat recurrent memories/dreams of the past. This happens at times of crisis and deepest uncertainty as to the future: What if I do this and that happens? Or the pangs of momentary indecision between two equally viable or unpleasant choices will bring it on.

Even so, given their nature, these occurrences are less intense or of shorter duration than I might have thought.

I asked about this one evening as we dined together and were enjoying Red Velvet brownies.

He told me then of an event six months into the Enterprise tour when Nyota had been away on Proeddai II at a convention, Jim had been plagued by that "Darthy Kodos" (my appellation), and Spock had ameliorated the aftereffects with a pragmatic, focused meld.

Jim's eyes glowed with warm gratitude. "He said it was so I could function at top efficiency." His sky-blue eyes danced with laughter.

I laughed outright. "That's so him!" I remarked fondly. "All of it! ... Does Nyota know? Would he mind if I shared?"

He grinned. "'Rey, he never would mention it, unless the subject came up explicitly, but he wouldn't object to her knowing. And I think she would love to know."

So, the next day, I told her of the whole event during an impromptu lunch.

Anyone who claims Vulcans are closed off and aloof is being asinine and preposterous, I thought. I still felt a warm flood of gratefulness in the wake of Jim's revelation.

Well! If I was 1/8th the empath I am, I could still have felt the loving glow which resulted. I smirked. Her intended was going to get something sweet this evening!

When my love joined me that evening, I was wearing a negligee of deepest mauve.
    I reclined on the bed, relaxing, with a "paper" novel in my hands.

He had been playing chess, as I had been involved in finishing up on arrangements and logistics of meeting up with Miranda for one of her speaking engagements.
    This necessitated a lot of juggling of schedules, etc. via fast, scrambled comm-messaging.
    I would only be gone a couple days from an actually already scheduled shore leave.

"Hello, my own. I've finally finished setting things in motion. I'll be stuck in seminars all day and doing the gal-bonding thing in the evenings. Then I can return and enjoy the rest of the leave with you." I smirked.

"Ah, that explains the feelings I picked up from you, then. I sensed your extreme gratification throughout the chess match. I hesitate to ask, but what if something untoward happens to curtail the shore leave?" He asked reasonably.

It was a valid question, given this particular crew.
    I laughed. "You just don't want me to go!" I beamed, putting my datapad and novel aside.

"I would never urge you to forgo such an opportunity to see a close friend." He rejoined. As to missing me, I knew he would.
    This fact glowed across our bond to me, and I melted.

"I know." It all spilled out across our bond, Audrey's disclosures, and my reaction.
    Then and now.

I drew him close to me and started planting kisses every which where, relishing the smooth rippling feel of him as my hands wandered, and as his embrace enfolded me tightly. "I just want to kiss you all over and over ... again." I whispered. "My darling, precious love."

++++++

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey sure knows how to soothe Jim

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And Ny to express her happiness in her chosen one's finer qualities. =P~ :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~~~~!!!!

This still is one of my faves.

"Banter Among Friends"

"Are you kidding?!" McCoy was saying in response to Jim's and Sulu's good-natured teasing about he and Christine going out on a date.

"You don't have a thing about not dating a colleague, do you?" Jim persisted.

"Ha! I wouldn't get far with that line around here, now would I?"

Jim and Sulu exchanged an unapologetic glance & laughed.

"And you can't deny she's very attractive, caring, and warm."

"No, I just would have to worry about following in your illustrious shadow."

This drew another laugh.

"I would hate to jeopardize a good working and platonic relationship." McCoy rolled his eyes.

"Some of the best romances start out just that way." Nyota observed from the next table where she and Audrey were engaged in soring through their 'padds, cleaning out the junk files and those no longer needed.
    She winked at Audrey, who was taking it all in.
    "That comment about following in Jim's shadow doesn't bother you, does it?" She questioned.

Audrey smirked. "No, although when I heard about Gaila I did have my moments."

Nyota laughed. "I have a feeling he doesn't find you a slacker in any degree, and the bond more than compensates."

"That it does." Was the firm assent.

"How do you keep your head on-task Jim, with Audrey on the bridge? Doesn't she distract you?" McCoy was saying.

"I'm terrific at juggling several things, yet I cannot deny she wouldn't have a hard time persuading me to come late on-shift."

Surreptitious glances were cast in Nyota's direction.

She raised an innocent brow as if to say, "Whom me?"

Audrey remarked soto voce: "Hey, when you've got it, you've got it."

Nyota laughed.

At their table, Spock was heard to observe: "I definitely detect a note of ... envy there..."

"Yes, Leo." Audrey called. "It is quite perceptible to me, and I'm not even trying to pick it up."

This had both tables in stitches.

Jim scooped Audrey up in a hug and kissed the tip of her nose. "All that talking gave me ideas. You know I wouldn't actually mind if you made me run late of a morning -- accidentally, on purpose."

"Now, what kind of example would that set?" She teased, her eyes dancing.

"The best kind." He quipped, and she laughed.

"You're such an adolescent. But I love you, anyway."

"And you're so inspiring."

"Well," Nyota remarked to her love as the doors slid shut, "Do you think he'll ask her?"

"I have no doubt of it... whether she accepts or not..."

Nyota laughed. "Is a tiger of another stripe." She concluded.

He had found the sound of her rippling laugh throughout the evening enchanting, as always.
    He reached for her, but she drew away suddenly.
    He quirked a curious brow, but she simply said: "Just you wait there. I have something -- special for you."

A moment later, she emerged wearing a pale rose and satiny negligee. It had transparent shimmering lace accenting in the most intriguing locations.

"Do you like what you see?" She purred, although their bond was conveying the answer definitively, as was the fervently appreciative way he was drinking in her loveliness.

He moved to her with alacrity and wrapped her up in a warm, fierce embrace.
    He slid one hand underneath to stroke her shoulders and she sighed contentedly, giving his ear a nibble, before working her leisurely way to fasten her lips on his.
    /My oh-so-delicious love!/ She thought, holding him fast in turn.

/I believe you and I shall be somewhat late again./ Came the loving, teasing rejoinder.

/Is that a promise?/ Came Nyota's laughing reply. /Or a request?/

/Both, my own./ He sent to her, neither one of them breaking their hold or bothering to come up for air.

++++

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the banter in this and the teasing of the females and Ny's present

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This prompt is the title of this ficlet.
    ~~~~!!

Choices

Fadhili and Akilah met Nyota on Selvaisia II. They were there on a quick holiday after an intense negotiation had ended. It was a lovely resort world and was renowned for its artistic offerings.

Nyota took this opportunity to introduce Spock to her folks. She felt some trepidation, as anyone would, but she needn't have worried.
    He talked to Fadhili about various sociocultural and diplomatic nuances as well as astronomy. With Akilah, literature and botany were the subjects that forged a common ground.

They had dinner at a sidewalk cafe reminiscent of those in France. The food was delicious, and there was a soft breeze off the nearby lake. The setting sun painted the buildings in shades of rose and gentle blues.

Akilah noticed how Nyota and Spock were with one another, teasing and tender. The way he looked at her was heart-stirring, and the way her voice lilted with happiness made both her parents feel she had made a very good choice.

"Nyota was always discriminating," Fadhili told his wife later. "I always knew she was holding out for the best."

"And I think she's found it." Akilah responded happily. "He told me that he cherishes her deeply."

"What more could a parent want for their child?" Her Dad asked rhetorically with a smile.

Nyota's first official encounter with Sarek was at a Starfleet function.
    Sarek noticed her loveliness and the rapport she had with the officers who were at her table as she bantered freely.

"These things can be quite...trying, would you not agree, Lieutenant?"

She laughed. "Between the long-winded speeches and the iffy refreshments, yes. It's hit and miss on the latter. Thankfully, the caterer they have hired for this occasion is superb. The music's nice too." She grinned.

He was intensely aware of the bond she had with Spock; it hummed and sang to him. He was astonished by its strength.
    He spoke to her of it, and she frowned thoughtfully. "I know that a working relationship which parallels a personal one can be fraught and difficult, but ours has not been. Does that concern you that it would be or potentially might be?"

"No. Not at all. I believe that I am an astute judge of character, and I feel you are quite well-suited to one another. I had such a bond with Amanda, and I therefore did not expect to find another such again, since they are quite rare even between full Vulcans."

She smiled, then posed a question: "If it would not be burdensome to you, I would love it if you would share some special memories of her?"

Sarek was touched not only by the request itself but the discretion and tact with which it was uttered. He did not mind in the slightest, and they passed quite a few pleasant moments talking of happy, amusing times and getting better acquainted, as she spoke of her family.

Sarek was very sanguine about his son's choice of a lifemate and did not have any qualms in presenting him with a keepsake of Amanda's: shimmering stones of a rich cerulean hue, in an oval shape suspended in a silver pendant and also made into ear rings.

When Spock gifted her with these, she was thrilled and moved.
    "Oh, love. They are gorgeous!"

When she commed Sarek to thank him personally, he said, "Lieutenant, I wondered if you would like to establish a correspondence?"

She beamed. "I would love it. I write letters frequently to friends, and I would be honored to add you to the list. But you must call me Nyota."

"It would be my pleasure...Nyota." He replied.

Thus began a warm, affectionate exchange of messages between them.

++++

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sarek; how I love to see him here and remembering Amanda. The choice he made to give the jewels to Spock. [face_love] They are beautiful for Nyota

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks, I love giving Sarek someone he can unreservedly approve of for Spock [face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade & earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~~~~!!!

"These Boots..."

My gracious, what's he doing here?! I thought, nonplussed as I looked at the temporary crew addition list.

Talbot Reed was a gifted hardware engineer, when it came to fixing computer consoles and the inner mechanisms. He could tweak them to make them run at higher efficiency and get all the parts to run smoothly if they were sluggish.
    He was assigned to the Enterprise to rework the latest upgrades on the command deck.
    I knew all this and was professional enough to not show my discomfiture until ...

He cornered me in the crew lounge during lunch.
    "Sweet skies, Lieutenant," He said in what he probably thought was a silky irresistible tone, "You're a vision as always. I suppose it was a surprise to see me again?"

I favored him with an icy glare. "A surprise, yes. Rather like discovering a reptile in your bed..."

He forced a laugh. "Still full of wit I see."

"Hmmmm! Still full of delusions of pompous self-importance, I see." I retorted.

He laid a hand on my shoulder. "I can give you a better time than anyone you might be running 'round with." He boasted, an echo of his earlier claims when he'd been semi-stalking me during the semester we had a class in common.

He'd even accosted me on the way home from a date. I'd inflicted quite a few lacerations and contusions, but my lovely outfit had suffered in the fracas.
    I'd been emotionally rattled at his effrontery.

I had given my love only the barest details at the time. He'd guessed who was behind the incident but I had wanted to keep things quiet. "Publicity will only make him feel self-impressed." I'd said. "Let it blow over and he'll realize how insignificant he truly is in the grand scheme of things."
    Spock had reluctantly agreed, and that had been the end of the discussion.

When I emerged from the recreation area where I'd had a jazzercise session with Audrey, Reed was there to greet me. He surveyed my casual wear consisting of form-fitting slacks and tank-top with something avid.

"Can I walk you to wherever you're going?" He asked.

"I do not want nor welcome your company even as far as the nearest lift." I answered crisply.

"You insist on giving me the cold shoulder, and I really don't understand why." He said in exaggerated confusion.

I smiled. "You may fancy that you have the charm of Lando Calrissian, but you truly don't."

He gave me a "Really, I'm sorry you think so" look, and took hold of my arm.

I twisted out of his grip and glowered.

Suddenly a voice as cold as the darkest winter on Csilla intervened: "Mr. Reed, I would not be averse in the slightest degree in driving home the inadvisability of bothering Nyota by so much as a single word, much less laying a finger on her. Is that clear?"
    He and Sulu had been in one of the fencing salles and had emerged in time to hear the tale end of this exchange.

Reed's eyes fell from the glacial glance Spock was favoring him with.

Sulu smirked at me. I smiled back.

"May I accompany you to wherever you are headed?" Spock asked in a deliberate echo of what Reed had said earlier.

"No, you may not." I teased. "You may as a matter of fact allow me the exquisite pleasure of a reciprocal chocolate oil massage."

"Ah, yes, that is a splendid suggestion."

Reed never bothered me after that, and he was gone within the next fortnight at any rate.

I told Yolette when she mentioned how impressed Sulu had been by the verbal "promise" of a lesson to be learned.

I recalled: "On that earlier occasion, my dear one provided much empathy and tenderness. I enjoyed a Vanilla Chai drink and a slow bubble bath at his place. Just what was needed to calm the nerves. He was understandably insistent on the details, and I was rather snappy at first, I'm afraid. But he was patient and I shared what I could."

"You two have a wonderful relationship." She smiled. "Quite the role model for the rest of us."

I beamed. "Loving him is as natural as breathing."

"Or as natural as loving this turtle cheesecake!"

"That too!" I agreed, laughing.

+++++++

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock did a Trawn on Reed. ;) Loved that and what followed between him and Ny

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =P~ and ^:)^ Out. Loud. [face_laugh] [face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The title of this ficlet collection is incredibly apt, but I am not complaining one bit. ;) [face_laugh][face_love] These all have been incredibly warm and lighthearted. I loved the ficlet encouraging McCoy to make his move with Christine, especially; the bantering about fraternization and 'late mornings' had me chuckling, especially! The 'meet the parents' ficlet was equally as lovely, on both sides. [face_love]

But here it seems that Reed continues to be a creeper, in any part of the 'verse. Eugh, I had almost forgotten about him until he popped his ugly head in here. Nyota's frank handling of him reminded me of Éowyn dealing with Gríma in so many ways, all of them good. :p Adding Sulu and Spock as her backup was the perfect icing on the cake. [face_love]

Keep up the good work! I'm excited to see where this collection heads next. :D

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D Catch-up reviews are as fun to read as they are to do. :) Revisiting and revamping these pivotal events has been a true treat.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The current prompt is the title. :)

~~~~~!!!

"Tenderly"

When she saw the holostill of Sarek holding baby Spock, Nyota melted inside and gave an unabashed squeal of delight.

"Oh how absolutely precious!" She exclaimed. "The sweet mental image is only exceeded by the literal one!"

"Nyota." Spock began.

"Oh darling, I really, truly cannot wait until we have one of our own."

Then she saw the image of the first youngling born on the Vulcan colony, whose name meant "Promise for the Future." She was born to T'Valera and Sorel. She was undeniably adorable, and Nyota wanted to reach through the screen and cuddle. Then she imagined what a happy indulgence it would be to blow on her child's tummy and listen to the infectious giggles that resulted.

Spock recalled his mother's hardships in delivery, and this caused him more than a moment's pang of apprehension. He broached this to Nyota.

She said: "Is this your final decision on the matter? Do you want to forgo having children at all?"

"I am of two minds on the subject, to be frank."

She gave a pensive sigh, then answered: "I appreciate you sharing this concern with me. I do not want to minimize your feelings, but there is no guarantee I would have the same issues arise."

"Merely the possibility, however remote, is something I do not wish to contemplate." He responded firmly. "Yet, since this is something you have your heart set upon, I want to accommodate your wishes."

"Let me have a thorough check and see what the healers say." Nyota suggested. "Then we'll have more information upon which to base a final choice."

He was agreeable to this and they were both relieved when the doctors said she would doubtless have an easy time of it, since her mother and sister both had relatively easy deliveries.

She beamed and teased: "As if, making them wouldn't be more than half the pleasure anyway."

"Nyota, you are incorrigible."

She just laughed.

As they walked on a sunset beach on Martinique, his eyes did not drink in the cerulean waters as they blended stunningly into the equally azure skies above. Nor did his eyes feast upon the vibrant tropical flora nearby. She was the entire focus of his rapt gaze.

The sand was soft and pink underfoot; the sun was gently warm, and the breeze was light and fragrant. She basked in their surroundings with all her senses, and he took pleasure in her delight. "This is so lovely!"

"I'll let you enjoy the ambience for the two of us." He rejoined, and drew her in for a kiss.

/While you enjoy what, precisely?/ She sent across with amusement. /You seem quite indifferent to the beauty of the place./

/It is rather that I am more attuned to another source of exquisiteness, instead./ He contradicted tenderly.

++++++++++