main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Love the girl talk! As always :D

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the girl talk! - you're always going to notice, but a relationship like hers means that's where it ends. Spock's teasing at the end was the perfect way to wrap this up! [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL and thanks! When you have the bestest of the best, [face_love] yup, that's where it ends. [face_dancing] Notice others, but revere the one you're with! :D His teasing, it is delightful, and springs from knowing where you actually stand [face_laugh] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Now that I'm all caught up on two-and-a-half months of Nummy Sweets (with lots of chocolate, like the April Fools' entry) I appreciate these ficlets even more. I love how you interconnect them with recurring plot points (e.g. Christine trying to sort out her priorities in life) and recurring themes and motifs (particularly the "cultural" misunderstandings between Spock and Nyota -- there's something very endearing to Spock's rigidity in those situations!) Spock's note to Nyota in your 27 February entry was a totally melty-melt moment, the girl talk in your latest entry was masterfully handled (as always!) and then the Northern Lights room just jumped at me in the 15 March entry... Your little cross-references are a wonderful present every time [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for reading! :D Upside of catching up is -- catching up on SQUEE-ops [face_laugh] I do think there would be many cultural gaffes between S/U, besides the typical male/female thing [face_laugh] :p I do adore my cross-references. [face_love] And tying things together with recurring motifs - :cool:

[:D]

[:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE!

AN: Sequel and tie-in to "Unofficial Captain's Log", latest entry.

~~!!

"Taking Risks Candidly Discussed"

Spock gets a hurried and yet concise update on her status and enters the med-suite.

"Hi." She greets with a soft smile, as he leans into kiss her forehead. "Hey, I want more than that from you." She draws him in again for a leisurely, deep kiss. "Better." She comments.

His eyes hold hers.
    "Nyota."

"Yes?"

"I believe you are outstripping me in the "risky" department." Spock observes, and it is hard to tell if he is teasing or not, even across the bond.

"Are we keeping tally?" She snaps heatedly. "This is no joking, playful thing! And if you think for a split second that it is ..."

"No, ashal-veh. It ..."

"Because I will caution you to take care on away missions, despite whatever may occur to me on mine!" She continues, eyes flashing.

He gives a regretful sigh. "That was an unfortunate statement of mine, it appears."

"Yes, it was."

A silence ensues.

Jana enters, observing the status monitors. "Hey, if you're going to rile our patient, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She says in a crisp professional tone.

"Very well, Ms. John." He assays readily. "I will ..."

Nyota raises a hand. "It's all right, Jana." She assures gently. "It's fine. Leave us for a bit?"

Jana nods and exits.

"I was seguing into saying that now I fully comprehend your moments of anxiety over my well-being and that knowing how it feels on the receiving end will serve to make me even more careful than I would ordinarily be. I could not abide it if something were to happen to you. It would be an untenable ... " He trails off, and she beams softly in understanding.

"I'm sorry I was so defensive." She says in reply. "I teased Jim and wondered what I saw in you, but of course I know. I've always known."

Their gazes hold tenderly. The silence, this time, is warm and serene.

"When I was in Serillious' clutches," Nyota continues, "You were my light in the dark. Truly. My literal anchor. You always will be."

A passionate glow lights his eyes as he kisses her again. /I love you./
    He resolves to treat Nyota to her favorite meal and a slow, sensual massage with chocolate oils, as soon as she is released medically.

"I love you, too." She says aloud. "And I will hold you to that!" She winks.

+++++++

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This subject really is a touchy one for Nyota - and you can't blame her for that at all. Personal harm is a risk they both live with with their careers and whole hearted service to those they meet. But this:

"I was seguing into saying that now I fully comprehend your moments of anxiety over my well-being and that knowing how it feels on the receiving end will serve to make me even more careful than I would ordinarily be. I could not abide it if something were to happen to you. It would be an untenable ... " He trails off, and she beams softly in understanding.

Was perfectly stated. So, so perfectly stated. [face_love] They each have something to protect - and survive for - and that just makes the days won, and endured, all the more sweeter. [face_love]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "You were my light in the dark. Truly. My literal anchor. You always will be."

I absolutely melted [face_love] They're so lucky to have each other in the good times and the bad!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Melted like the chocolate that sure is following

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: The prompt is - "You Set My Heart On Fire". :) Touching on a return? to Kamiri. :oops:

The Kamirians are making overtures again. When this communique comes across my comm board, the ensuing silence is so thick you can cut it - we all know, I more than almost all others, what befell us the last time we were there.

"Huh. I guess we can't pretend it got lost in transmission?" Sulu quips.

Jim sighs. "I'm afraid not."

"There are, however, regulations which would allow for a denial without hearing, relating to precedents and good faith, among others." Spock observes, and proceeds to specify.

My tummy fills with butterflies. It is something I would doubtless not find endearing in another, but considering the source ...

He catches this stray thought and casts me a gentle glance.

We decide to invoke one of the more obscure of the regulations and I send a terse reply.

"If they prove themselves trustworthy by some overt means that doesn't endanger our personell," I tell Yolette later, "Then we might be more receptive."

"Gracious, but I'm absolutely relieved we are not going back there again!" She says. "That was one mission that cut too close to home, for you and all your friends."

I smile in appreciation.

I settle on the sofa and open a message from my family to peruse.

"Nyota." Spock greets as he joins me.

I give him a feigned look of distraction although my senses tingle at the very literal proximity.
    I read the note, full of amusing anecdotes and warm wishes.
    He slides an arm around my shoulders as I close down the padd.
    He places a soft kiss along the side of my neck.
    The caresses he is sending simultaneously across our connection make my toes curl.

"You know... most guys just do that with hands and lips. You do it empathically/telepathically as well." I comment. "No wonder I could never be interested in anyone else. Then you add in the whole range of your other amazing qualities... they never stood a chance." I laugh.

"Indeed? Do I need to give a catalogue of your unique attributes, in turn?" He responds, and I laugh again.

"Not necessary, lover." I murmur as he enfolds me entirely.

I hear Spock's unspoken thoughts of how I, even in our early friendship, fascinated and captivated. His heart and mind were drawn to mine, inexorably.

"I was pleased when you came to my office to converse of all and sundry topics, in those early weeks of acquaintance." He avows aloud, in tender reflection.

I grin and snuggle closer. "Ha! I would have manufactured causes out of whole cloth to be a moment, an hour, in your company, darling!"

He kisses me, and all conversation or inclination to speak, ceases quite pleasantly afterwards.

++++++

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock set all on fire and she did too. Bonded in love and friendship

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, I am glad that they whittled their way out of that situation - even if only for now. But it was the reflection on their relationship that I absolutely adored in that last part. Just perfectly toasty to read! [face_love]

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo la la [face_love] Spock seems quite romantic!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =P~ [face_dancing] !!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Liking the contrast in command styles. ;) And how they mesh. :D always have. [face_love]

~!

Jim's stance during a physical confrontation is to push things farther than they need to go. Give no ground until you have a reason to accede and/or trust. Bluff your way out of a situation and hope nobody calls it.

This works with stronger opponents and equally matched ones.

Spock, on the other hand, meets hostility with cool aplomb, reacting with just enough force to get the other side to back down. He never bluffs, overtly. He does speak the truth from a certain point of view and out-thinks the opposition until they have to acquiesce to his superior intellect and reasoning.

I find myself wondering at times which approach is most expedient and best applied to the broader range of contexts.

I conclude that a blend of the two or a mix is best. This is why Jim and Spock make a great and unique team.

When I told this to my love one evening, he gave me a teasing look. "I am pleased you approve of my methods."

I laughed. "I love seeing you in action, darling." I admitted, with a beckoning glance.

He moved a bit closer. "Yes?"

I purred, as he slipped an arm around my waist. "Yes. I do."

He kissed me warmly, and long.

Apparently, my pleasure did not come as much of a surprise.

"I believe, Nyota, that there are other avenues of my prowess that you are referring to."

"How ever did you guess that?" I rejoined and gave one of his ears a delighted nip.

"It is a fortuitous supposition." He responded, and I laughed.

+++++

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love her observations of Kirk and Spock and what comes after she is telling Spock

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Her insights really were spot on; they do make the best team, and it is the melding of their vastly different approaches that makes them so successful. [face_thinking]

But the flirty banter was the highlight of this one for me! The perfect bit of mush to start the day off with! [face_love][face_love]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Always fangirled royally over the meshing of command styles and the wonderful friendship that also resulted. [face_love] [face_love]

I adore flirty banter - particularly between these two.

[face_dancing]

Their appreciation of and joy in one another is yummy! Always.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Memories Held Dearest/soonest forgotten is what I'm using.

~!

The common thread that makes my cherished memories the sweeter are the ones I shared with family and friends.

I like reliving them in silent musings or in happy reminiscing conversations.

I do not have a day that I would like to relive over again, although I have had dreams that I woke up from too soon. "Blast! I haven't gotten to the really good part yet." I'd think inevitably.

In contrast, the memories I would sooner forget are those I consciously tell myself not to think about until they are crowded out by happier ones. When one or other do pop inadvertently and unwittingly into my mind, I push it out.
    My dear one is a great assist in this latter regard. His soothing presence is a source of calm and light and warmth.
    When I tell him this, he assures me the reverse is also true. "Nyota, I cannot conceive of what I would be without your radiant and constant influence. It is fortunate, therefore, that I never shall have cause to."

"Yes, my sweetest, it is."

Our bond is not an intrusive thing but merely an ever-present source of gentleness and strength. It is like the nearby ocean or the sunlight that you let in as much of into your domicile as you desire to.
    But you never forget it's there; nor do I want to, celebrating its literal thereness as I do.

+++++

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the soft, reflective quality of this entry. But this:

Our bond is not an intrusive thing but merely an ever-present source of gentleness and strength. It is like the nearby ocean or the sunlight that you let in as much of into your domicile as you desire to.
    But you never forget it's there; nor do I want to, celebrating its literal thereness as I do.

- really just made the piece for me. How wonderfully, beautifully put! [face_love]

=D=

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    In contrast, the memories I would sooner forget are those I consciously tell myself not to think about until they are crowded out by happier ones.

I love this line! So bittersweet. And [face_love] Spock for giving her those happy memories!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D Absolutely. The irrefutable rightness of the two of them just. Sends me still. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    happy memories should crowd out the ones to forget. They are the light side

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Quotes shown by italics are from the unspeakably, indescribably hilarious "Mesa Jar Jar!" by Ewok Poet. I have literally no words. [face_rofl]

"I .... cannot .... stop ... laughing!" Nyota said, holding her aching sides.

Audrey had tears of laughter rolling down her cheeks.
    "How ... the mental imagery ..." She trailed off, and the two dissolved into laughter again.

"What's so funny?" Sulu asked, coming up with Yolette.

Nyota showed them the e-chapter published in a popular fanzine.

Sulu and Yolette read the following:
    For Zonama Sekot was missing Jar Jar Binks. Absence was making the planet’s heart grow fonder.

"What?" Yolette gasped. "What?! She gave a peal of laughter as Sulu gaped.

Jana walked over and said: "What's all the hilarity about, Ny?"

Nyota wordlessly indicated an illustrative example:

Darth Maul sat on the Sistermoon, the third moon of Endor, seductively crossed his leg lamps and lit them up, making a bunch of Ewoks bow to him from the second moon; until they spotted the sheer horror of shamelessly suggestive Sith tattoos in a very wrong place.

"Well, I never!" Jana exclaimed, her Mirana markings turning a deeper shade indicating intense amusement. "Did I read that right?

"I think you did."Nyota answered, finally catching her breath.

"Fish-net stockings ..."

"Oh, this kind of humor would bring a deep depressive out of a big fat episode!"

"Better than the finest meds ever could." Audrey agreed.

Spock joined them, catching as he had Nyota's consistent and profound amusement.

He laid a hand on her shoulder and read the flimsiplast, then he raised a brow in incredulous befuddlement.

"That is flagrantly -- irrational." Was his comment.

Everyone dissolved into laughter again.

/I couldn't agree more, darling!/ Nyota sent.

Later, the ripples of amusement still flowed from her to him, as they lay nestled together.

"Ashal-veh. I never knew such things would elicit such a strong reaction from you."

"Learning new things about me - keeps things interesting between us. Otherwise you might get bored." She teased.

His eyes flashed with something ineffably tender. "That is impossible." He answered, kissing her.

"Hmmm." She sighed. "Seriously, does the fact that I find such unusual fare humorous, it doesn't put you off does it?"

His eyes laughed into hers. "It is one of the things I find most fascinating about you, Nyota."

"Oh, love." She whispered, crushing him nearer still.
    +++++++++++

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but this was a most excellent bit of fun! (For which I need to head over to the original for a laugh, it seems. :p)

And this -

"That is flagrantly -- irrational." Was his comment.

- had me actually laughing out loud. I'd expect no other reaction from Spock! [face_laugh][face_laugh]