main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was sweet and delicious. ;) [face_love] I knew that prompt would be fun in your hands. :p [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Multiple squees over here ;)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D Glad to hear it! [:D] [face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Using "You Ripple Like a River"

~~~!!

When he touches Nyota, her welcome sings across their bond and in her eyes and in the low lilting laugh when she is tickled and her soft happy sighs when she is stroked.

Her silkiness is warm, and the voice of her eyes is deeper than all roses with her adoration.

Bubble baths with rose petals and candles heighten, but do not create, the mood.

She ripples and flows beneath his hands, and he wonders how he ever managed without her.

/You didn't./ She teases, catching the thought. /Our hearts beat before we met, now they leap and soar./

/Ashal-veh, you are being lyrical./

/Naturally./

++++++

earlybird-obi-wan

_________

Mira_Jade

________

Hazel

[face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yummy sweet and lyrical. A song of love

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Just lovely - the perfect thing I wanted to start my day to. [face_love] Excellent, excellent job with the prompt! (As I knew you would do it justice! ;) [:D])

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Getting caught up and so enjoying these! I especially enjoyed Jenna finding the bra and Nyota's last line; I was cracking up! :D

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Thanks, Nat. Getting caught up is always fun and melty with these darlings. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and NYCitygurl like this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So sweet and tender [face_love]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all! :D

Prompt is "magnet and steel"

earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade

________

NYCitygurl

_________

Hazel

~~~~~!

Early in their relationship, when things were still new, she was still reveling in that feeling of ineffable rightness - of inexorably being drawn.

When she saw him in a late-evening tete-a-tete with an assumed colleague - a very attractive one at that - who actually moved close enough and then had the temerity to lay a hand on his shoulder ...

Her senses reeled and her heart froze.

Still, she hesitated to say a thing either in question or accusation.

Then, a fortuitous happenstance cleared up the puzzle.

In looking through family holo-stills, she saw the lady again.

"Who is that?" She demanded, eyes flashing.

"My Aunt Sondra." Was the serene reply.

"But you ... she ..." Nyota stuttered uncharacteristically.

She then detailed what she had seen months earlier.

Amusement flashed in his eyes and across to her through their strengthening bond.
    "She was in town for a symposium and stopped by for a brief visit after the day's session. She and I were catching up on family news."

Nyota blushed.
    "You do not want to know what was going through my mind!"

He reached out to enfold her.

"Heart of my heart," She breathed, "I do so love you."

"I could say that whole misconception reflects adversely on your level of trust in me." He teased.

Nyota laughed. "Darling, I feel silly enough already."

He silenced her with a passionate kiss.

++++++

[face_laugh] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love][face_laugh]

Yikes! And that is why it is always the best not to jump to conclusions right away! [face_laugh] Oh, poor Nyota! :p I am glad that it was set to rights so quickly - and so reassuringly, at that. There is no room in his heart for anyone but for her, that's for sure. [face_love]

Another excellent reply to the prompt! =D=[:D]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great reply
    fun with Nyota seeing the other woman and thinking that.

13. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Ah a misunderstanding that can lead to much kissing! She can make it up to him ;) Lovely! [:D]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, absolutely. :) And she is the only one for him, of a certainty. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and serendipityaey like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Could not resist this one.

Note: Callelassel gets a mention [face_love]
    Inclusive of the words "symmetry" and "nerf-herder" LOL

~~~~!

Jim corners Nyota in the 'rec room after a mission with atall glass of iced tea.

"Well, that was interesting." He remarks, with a lopsided smile. "When the cams went silent, Spock and Picard worked nonstop to get them back online. And then he cut it to the millisecond of the time constraint set by the delegates."

Jim recalls with amusement that when he had accused Spock of 'mental pacing', the other had given him an inscrutable look as if to deny it.

"Lieutenant Johnson rushed in like he had a pride of lions on his tail." Nyota replies, laughing. "I guessed he was getting an earful from a certain someone not to let the grass grow under his feet!"

Jim reflects that Nyota and Spock are in such symmetry as colleagues and as life-mates that it is an example to strive for.
    He is too much of a nerf-herder to know the nuances of just how to do it. But his lady is patient enough - thankfully.
    He only hopes that he gives 'Rey enough incentives to continue working at it.

Later

Nyota sinks into the sofa cushions and gazes at her love who is working on a peer review submission for a colleague.

"Just about done?" She asks.

He gives a nod of assent and refrains from looking at her but instead concentrates all the more on the task at hand.

She frowns.

She probes their connection and finds it strangely ... muted?

"Well, now you know how I feel when you dash in like a Correllian who doesn't want to hear the odds!" She breaks out heatedly. "Doesn't feel good, does it?"

Spock finally looks at her, and the expression in his dark eyes makes her tummy flip and flop.

Sweet stars, but he was putting one over on her. She bites her lip to keep from laughing, not wanting him to realize the jig was up.

"Nyota love, I have a new sketch for you ..." He moves closer on the sofa and brings it up on the 'padd.

A lady warrior with a bow stands at the ready, courage and resolve in her lovely eyes.

"Diana the Huntress?" Nyota queries. "It's lovely."
    Nyota is an afficianado of Greek mythology, so she surmises this is who is being depicted.

"On the contrary," He answers lowly, the ardor in his glance intensifying, "It is Callelassel."

Thranduil's lady - the one he was willing to wait for for a ridiculously long time and whose selfless tender love was so beautifully reciprocated .... Nyota realizes with a tingle and rush of something so strong it takes her breath.

"Oh." She breathes, "Oh, you! I love you!!!!"

"I cherish you!" He responds, and proceeds to kiss her into absolute incoherence.

++++++

earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade -- do you know how flawlessly your stuff fits into the Tolkien worldscape? =D= [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect again combining all the universes

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! That just made my day like you have no idea. [:D] Thank-you so much for the warm mention - and they definitely are an example for patiently waiting for love to work out, that's for sure. :p [face_laugh] I loved the reversed roles with Spock and Nyota, as well! Kirk's comments on the 'mental pacing' brought me such a smile. [face_love]

Another excellent ficlet! =D=[:D]

18. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Ah, so wonderfully romantic! [face_love][:D]

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the mistake identity with the aunt :p

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks, all. :D Lands, it's been ages! :eek:

Note: Dealing with friendshippy type stuff here mixed with mush at the end. Can't leave that out. [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Nyota naturally was privy to private and encoded communications of the Command Staff. She would not delve into the content details, but would merely peruse enough to set up the right parameters.

For close friends, she got permission to 'peek' if they didn't tell her the ins and outs directly. Which they often did.

This latter was what Jim did when his mother was having health crisis, related to cognitive function. Messages passed back and forth and thankfully, it turned out to be just a reversible deficiency.

Nyota was as relieved as Jim was by the prognosis.

He caught her hands as she passed his table in the rec room and drew her into a quick hug of gratitude.

"Thanks for your expertise and concern." He told her sincerely.

She grinned. "I know how I'd feel if I was in your position. I am just happy you and your Mum are on good terms." She added lowly.

They hadn't always been. But with effort on both sides, they were indeed closer.

Jim gave her a lopsided smile and winked. "She doesn't want to miss out on any grandlings ... now that she knows they will be coming ... eventually."

Nyota teased: "She probably wondered if you'd ever find someone special."

He laughed. "Yeah, but I did. I was holding out for the best."

She smiled happily. "Smart move."

Her love is reminded anew of how warm and loyal a friend Nyota is.

Spock tells her this when they are alone, as he feathers kisses along her jaw and thence to her lips. He devours these slowly, tenderly.

She returns his passion with equal fervor.

When they pull apart finally, though still embraced, she gives a contented sigh.

"I also held out for the best." She reflects with ineffable satisfaction.

"Indeed?" Is the teasing rejoinder. "It is fortunate that your affection for me was so amply reciprocated."

She laughs. "Who fell in love with whom, first?"

He replies, holding her gaze:
    "I believe it was more or less simultaneous."

Nyota gives his ear a nibble of adoration.
    "I won't argue with that." She smirks and kisses him thoroughly.

++++++++

Mira_Jade

_________

earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    glad she could help Jim

and those two: falling in love at the same time, very sweet

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A multiple dose of sweet squees to go with my chocolate ice cream ;) [face_love]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy to hear it Hazel! [face_love] [face_dancing] Can never get enough squees or chocolate [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad Jim's mom is okay! I love seeing the friendship between them.

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! This was another heartwarming and sweet update. I loved seeing the focus on her friendship with Jim - and the glimpse of his deepening relationship with his mother, as well. I am glad all is well there!

But you know that the 'holding out for the best' line was just the best, in both of its forms. Simultaneous, indeed!! [face_love]

=D=[:D]