main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Awww, love that they fell in love simultaneously! Mmmmmm! And the expression of friendship was so nice and beautifully done! =D=

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira and Ash: :D I love showcasing the friendship with warmth and easy banter rather like what would be between sibs. ;)
    The mush afterwards, [face_dancing] [face_love] I love the falling in love at the same time thingy too. There's a sense of wonderment and really? He/she loves me?! that never quite vanishes, for this pairing, at least not for yours truly LOL

AzureAngel2 and serendipityaey like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Expansion of the Medical Mayhem post. Uses 'Bewildered' and 'Bothered' in a serious vein.

~~~~~!!

Nyota frowns at Christine who just told her of the last-minute switch for the R&R group.

"Lionel is leaving for ... personal reasons." Chris concludes with sympathy lighting her expressive eyes.

Chris's tact and discretion prevent her from saying more.

Knowing that it must've been hard to let him go, though, she figures there had to be a really valid reason.

She catches up to Lionel before he leaves.

"I will miss your lovely music, Lieutenant." He tells her. "Your voice is as sweet as a nightingale's."

She grins. "And everyone will miss your bedside manner. You are so soothing and persuasive. Only you can convince the recalcitrant to abide by medical directives. Len has to ... snip and snark." She winks.

He laughs. "You know that's all show."

"Shhh! No one is supposed to know that." She teases.

Jana and Marc are privy to the cause for Lionel's abrupt departure. So they're not bewildered, but intensely bothered. "That scum-devil needs to be brought to justice!" Jana exclaims irately.

Marc sighs. "One hopes. And wishes."

Jana grimaces. "Do you think Lionel will be able to return, one day?"

Marc says: "There's already a replacement in the works, a school-mate."

"Hmmm. We'll see if he's as full of pranks." Jana teases.

Marc chuckles. "We'll have him pranking with us in no time."

+++++++

Mira_Jade
    earlybird-obi-wan

:D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Aww this is sweet and touching, a perfect companion to my piece[:D]^:)^

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this really was a beautiful companion to earlybird's piece. Wonderful and touching. [face_love]=D=

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very sweet!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Branching off of "Medical Mayhem" and Nick Roberts. :)

~~!!!!!!~!

It all started with after-shift drinks, hot or cold.

Christine and Nick started sharing off-duty hours, chatting about hobbies and their families.

He and she shared a love of basketball, watching and playing.
    He was tall enough to be power forward. On her school team, Chris had been part of the back-court.

She told him of her thwarted romance with Roger Korby.
    "He asked me to marry him before I shipped out." She told Nick with a note of wistful regret. "He seemed a bit ... I don't know ... intense about his research. I felt like I would always come in a distant third, if that. I don't mind dedication and commitment. But I won't marry a gentleman who is already married to his career. I will support and share his highs and lows but I won't stand on the sidelines."

Nick studied her closely.
    "Perfectly reasonable and understandable." He observed. "I detect a note of ... what ... exactly?"

She chuckled.
    "I'm not carrying a torch, if that's what you mean. I'm just sorry that he couldn't be the kind of guy I wanted."

"You'll find someone special someday. You're too attractive and caring not to."

She smiled.
    His easy compliments were so natural and not in the least flirty for the sake of flirtation. She sensed his genuine admiration and respect.

She found him very easy to work with. His bedside manner was jovial and relaxing to stressed-out patients, and he had a way of giving the argumentative ones a look that had them agreeing with him more or less readily.

Christine then told Nyota of her burgeoning ... if not interest, exactly, a considering.

Nyota had smiled and said:
    "Let the friendship unfold, Chris. If it blossoms, you'll know soon enough."

Christine had winked.
    "I won't force it, either way, but I am definitely enjoying his companionship."

++++++
    earlybird-obi-wan and Mira_Jade

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Awww such a sweet lovely simple connection between the two to start things off... What a joy to read. And I absolutely LOVE Nyota's advice, it's perfect! So true, so good to let things unfold :D [:D] Love it!

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I like that! I very much like Nick:D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect start of the relation with Uhura's advice.
    The shared basketball[face_dancing]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I really liked this one! =D= Soft and subtle and sweet - the perfect way to begin a relationship is from a friendship, and it was beautiful to see that deepening between Christine and Nick here. Nyota's advice was spot on and too true. :)

[:D]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies:

Thanks! Basketball is the game :cool: ;) Ny's advice is very astute indeed and she knows from experience that a beautiful friendship can lead to an even more wonderful love. :D Soft and subtle, hey great, laloga and serendipityaey are rubbing off [face_dancing] They rock when it comes to showcasing the process of love-building. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    This is the truest statement I've seen/heard in at least a week.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade serendipityaey earlybird-obi-wan [face_batting]

~~*

Note: An Into Darkness missing moment. :D This and the next two updates will be.

:cool:

Thanks to Mira for the suggestion(s). @};- [:D] [face_love]

~~~~!

I was checking and doing a message sweep of my 'padd's archives.
    I allowed things to remain filed and then moved to other folders where I later double-checked for things that could be permanently deleted versus flagged because something had arisen that made the contents pertinent as a reference or follow-through.

I gasped when I found a particular missive.

"I thought I deleted that!" I uttered in amazement.

It was a letter to my Momma and Poppa, which (thankfully) I had not had to send - subsequent events rendering it moot.

Spock caught my gasp and startlement across our connection.

"Nyota?" He pressed.

I covered the datapadd screen with one hand. "It's nothing... really... just ..."
    Of course, my actions and instant demurral sparked his curiosity, even though he would flatly deny such a ... penchant.
    He came to my side and I flushed furiously.

"It was during that whole crazy chaos with reassignments in the wake of ..." I sighed. "I thought I had deleted this."

The note read as follows:

"Momma and Poppa: Spock's been reassigned to the Bradbury! The Captain is Abbott. I did a computer search on him. He's a very competent officer and fair-minded. Of course, his assignments won't be as in the thick of grand adventures as the Enterprise.." Here I broke from the initial apprising and vented a bit. "Dammit all! He didn't even have the courtesy to ask or tell me a blooming thing! Have I been so trivial and of such passing importance that ... How could I have had such a pitiable lapse of good sense and judgment?! Of all the krelling bone-headed things I had to fall for someone who didn't love me as much as I thought, after all."

Spock finished perusing the text and said lowly: "One could say that subconsciously you didn't truly intend to delete that." His tone was considering.

I was mortified by my lapse in not doing just that and in his supposition.
    "I guess that is something that a person could conclude but I hoped you would know me better than that!"

"As a matter of fact," He said, our bond not communicating very much, "I do. You are too forthright and respectful to do aught else."
    Suddenly, the bond was open again, and when I gazed at him, his eyes were full of warmth and assurance as he pressed the Del key.
    Then he wrapped me up in a very tight hug, lavishing kisses on me that were slow and savoring as if the very taste of me was something to linger over.

I clung back.

"I am so glad that I didn't have cause to send it after all. But what if the reassignments had gone through?" I asked with a shiver. The thought was frankly daunting.

"I would never have insisted that you leave such an assignment as you had earned by your competence and superlative innovative gifts." He answered.

"Would you have asked to return to the Enterprise again?" I wondered aloud.

Spock responded readily:
    "After a decent interval. Six months ... that would have been the maximum."

I laughed.
    "You have the endurance of Job." I replied, winking. "I couldn't have stood the separation for even a bit of that."

Then he inquired, with concern:
    "Did you really feel any even transitory doubt about the depth and veracity of my feelings for you?"

"At the moment, I let myself indulge in such, yes. But it was in the heat of indignation and other churning emotions. Deep down, I knew, and know better." I said softly.

His sense was relieved at hearing that.
    "Nyota love?"

"Yes?" I breathed.

"All vestiges of potential misunderstanding have been cleared up, so ..." He proceeded to give my ear a gentle nip.

I reciprocated by nibbling one of his delectable ears, so like chocolate to my woman's heart.

His hands started stroking me and his lips devoured mine again.

Besotted I thought, Lord above, no one born can kiss like my darling heart.

+++++

^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is very open to her and she too expressing deepest feelings to each other.
    Gone for six months; that would have been awful for both.

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but I like this one a lot! [face_love] The news of the reassignment certainly would have came as a blow - especially with how turbulent her emotions towards him were at the time. You couldn't completely blame her for that. BUT! It is the smoothing over misunderstandings and the moving on from that that I love here - even after time has passed and the issue was technically resolved. I love his line about only waiting six months before asking to transfer back to her. Sneaky Vulcan that he is. [face_mischief]

Another excellent update. Thank-you for sharing! =D=[:D]

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I like their almost-fight ... and, of course, the making up!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird Their openness and the depth of feelings they have and share with one another is one of the truly appealing things about they as a pairing for me. :D

Mira Yes, the nature of her feelings and the context of that earlier period made any clearing up difficult or iffy at that exact moment that it occurred plus then it was technically resolved/moot. I thought that an inadvertent :oops: and discovery would bring it up again for a discussion. In the light of time's passing and things not being prickly between them any more :) would create an interesting mix /ambience.

Nat Ah, the making up part. The sweetest [face_dancing]

[:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! Love this one, as if. [face_laugh]
    Note: Immediate missing scene/addition.

~~!

"Disclosures & Warm Mental Touch"

Nyota paused in the middle of the room to toss her wrap over a chair. The illumination was for evening, soft enough to induce a sense of winding down and relaxing.
    Stil, Nyota was far from feeling either.
    Their earlier conversation had eased her to some degree but not entirely.
    The question she had rhetorically asked herself played over in her mind, making her stomach clench: Could they, did he even want to, find a middle ground? Did he believe they were worth it?
    She did, with every breath and every heartbeat, but you can't build a bridge or a relationship by yourself. It would take more than good intentions and a spoken or even emotive commitment. It would involve and necessitate a soul-deep resolve from start to finish, nothing more or less.
    With a sigh, she sank into the sofa cushions and picked up a book of sonnets. She idly flipped through the pages, not able to find pleasure even in the gorgeous words.

She put the book down with a resigned shrug as Spock entered and crossed to sit beside her. She valiantly met his eyes, and he reached a hand out to lay it on her bare shoulder.

She shivered involuntarily with pleasure but then held very still.

"Nyota," He assayed softly.

There was a weighted pause.

"Yes." She answered, not coolly or particularly inviting either. As neutral as she could make her voice.

"I do not know what ... is there anything more I can say that would assure you, persuade you?"

Her eyes were candid as she held his gaze.
    "I'm not sure. I mean, I love you to distraction and know you feel for me as well. But is that enough for you? Do you really and truly want to work at this whole-souled? Because that's what it's going to take from us both."

He paused, not in reservation but because there actually were no words to convey her value, her necessity, the marrow-deep and beyond way she had worked her way into his very mind and heart.

He did not say this aloud, but she sensed it as soon as he initiated a mind-touch.

She unfurled before him, like the flowers under the song of Melian or Luthien.
    She gasped in awe.
    She had experienced such a touch before, intimate and thrilling. She had traversed the stunning and complex landscape of his mind and essence and been amazed and humbled by the beauty of the entire experience.

Now, she saw herself reflected and truly entertwined with him.
    Even if she had been disposed to doubt, which truly she had not, just wondered about the logistics, all such vanished and melted away.

When the intensity dissipated somewhat, there were tears in her eyes which spilled unabashedly down her cheeks.
    Tears of joy and love.

Spock stroked them away with a reverent hand.

"Well, by all that is holy, if I didn't love you yet, I would be falling hard right about now." She murmured.

"I cannot claim to know the nuances of what you would call relationship-building, Nyota." Spock spoke lowly. "But you are crucial to me. Never doubt that with every breath, until my last, you will be my most defining reality."

Nyota smiled radiantly.
    "We'll navigate the particulars together, my own sweet love." She promised, and they shared a kiss that was slow and warmed her up from the inside.

The elusive serenity was definitely in evidence, among other emotions.
    As they made their way to the sleeping area with hands clasped, a lyric from a lovely song flowed between them: "All of me loves all of you, with all your perfect imperfections."

"I truly cherish you." He told her, embracing her fast as they settled in for the night.

With all the joy of a newly reaffirmed certainty, Nyota answered with a low laugh: "I know."

++++++
    serendipityaey - I reminded myself of you when I wrote that [face_batting] [face_love]

earlybird-obi-wan -- Can't wait to post strikes again. [face_mischief]

Mira_Jade -- well, this is totally head and heart canon for me [face_dancing] ^:)^

NYCitygurl -- a melty mid week treat. :)

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very sweet to see how deep the love of Spock is for Uhura. And hers. Loving with heart, body and soul. Perfect

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! [face_love][face_love] You know my opinion about soul-bonds and mental-touches like that. That was just perfectly said and deliciously detailed. There really was no better way for him to alleviate her fears than by that - really, afterwards, there can be no doubt. [face_love]

Thank-you for that beautiful snippet! =D=[:D]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. :)

Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan

serendipityaey -- 2 for one for you [:D]

Also for NYCitygurl [face_batting]

Note: This week's prompt is "Stand Your Ground" The quotation is Proverbs 17:17. ^:)^ That has always, always been my boo's.

~~~!!!~
    "Beauty of Loyal Friendship"
    Nyota strode purposefully across the mezanine and stopped at a vending booth and purchased a large hot coffee with toffee and cinnamon.

She asked for a heaping scoop of whipped cream from the bariste and smiled gratefully as she paid.

"Long day?" The server asked solicitously.

Nyota still felt residual tension in her shoulders but this eased with her first long sip of the steaming delicious beverage.

"I'm going to visit a friend in the convalescence wing. We've been waiting for his transfer there, quite a bit of apprehension by all concerned." She said--this day had been 10 days in coming, although the healers had been very optimistic all along. "I need this little bit of liquid source of relaxation."

The server chuckled sympathetically.

Nyota was little prepared for the depth of respect and actual affection she had developed for Jim during their working relationship. He was always one to stand his ground, but never out of bravado or an unfounded sense of his own resourcefulness. It was always in behalf of others and with a bigger picture in mind.
    At his loss, she had felt a searing amount of grief, as did the rest of the crew, on a professional and personal level.
    When he had been restored to them, the relief had been equally as intense.

Her love - now if he wasn't something else altogether - her heart swelled with something approaching over-the-top worship.
    She would have to tell him what she thought of him later ...

Jim glanced at her as she entered.

"You can't have any." She teased laughing, indicating her drink.

"I wake up in this confounded place although it beats the med-ward proper." He replied, a smile lighting his eyes, "And find myself looking at a vision."

She laughed lightly.
    "I see your flirtation mode is in full effect."

"I'm still above ground." He grinned.

Nyota took a seat.
    "So, is Ms. Marcus going to be joining our crew?" She asked with apparent casualness.

"I think so." He answered. "She will prove to be a valuable asset I think, very intelligent and competent."

"Not just a blonde with legs." Nyota quipped.

"Hardly that." He smiled.

Nyota pressed in curiosity:
    "If I'm not mistaken, something did spark between you?"

He considered for a beat. "Maybe, maybe not. Jury's still out. But, frankly, Uhura, your legs are - better." He winked.

She laughed outright.

When she met up with Spock later, it was to walk along the sunset beach.

"Well, quite the eventful few days." She commented with a low chuckle. "I know, that was quite the understatement."

He slid an arm around her and held her closely as they strolled, each of them taking in the very nice view.

"Indeed." Was his reply.

She stopped in mid step.
    "You and Jim certainly learned a lot about the risks and sacrifices and blessings that come with a viable working relationship, aside from the friendship aspect, I guess." She mused.

"Yes, invaluable lessons I shall not fail to put into practice in future, should a similar need arise." He told her solemnly.

"I know that Jim would agree with this fact, as you have amply proved darling." She cupped his face in her hands and quoted between long, reverent, tender kisses:
    "A true friend shows love at all times, and is a brother who is born for times of distress."

Spock's eyebrows quirked as he recalled the source.

She laughed at his look of surprise, as mirrored across their bond.
    "You have the Sam Gamgee type loyalty." She winked. "And it made me fall in love with you all over again!"

They continued their stroll and a breeze picked up, and she shivered a little.

He noticed this and asked:
    "Shall we return, Nyota?"

"Not necessary, ashal-veh," She replied, passion lighting her eyes, "I think I know how you can warm me up."

She drew him down to the sand in a warm embrace and soft kiss.
    He was most willing to do so.

+++++++

SQUGGLES out loud!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Squeelishious and lovely use of the prompt. And the ending on a warm and sandy beach is perfect for lovers

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great wrap-up for Into Darkness. :D

A few parts that jumped out at me:

"If I'm not mistaken, something did spark between you?"

He considered for a beat. "Maybe, maybe not. Jury's still out. But, frankly, Uhura, your legs are - better." He winked.

Your Jim-voice was spot on - flirting included. :p [face_laugh][face_love] I really enjoyed reading her reflections on her relationship with Kirk - and Spock's friendship with him, too. It had a very rich depth to it that perfectly fit its source. :)

"A true friend shows love at all times, and is a brother who is born for times of distress."

Spock's eyebrows quirked as he recalled the source.

She laughed at his look of surprise, as mirrored across their bond.
    "You have the Sam Gamgee type loyalty." She winked. "And it made me fall in love with you all over again!"

There really is no better way to put it. I just loved reading that section - every word. [face_love]

Another excellent reply to the prompt! =D=[:D]

25. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm not very familiar with Star Trek, but I like Nyota and Spock even though I've just 'met' them. Your writing is so warm, and lyrical, and just lovely. I will definitely have to read more when I have more time! :)