main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!! And on the Trek on the home-flight =P~ [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! I loved the showcasing her friendship with Kirk here. They really are in a wonderful sync together, and her observations were spot-on and thoughtfully phrased. I am glad that she could help Kirk reach that conclusion for himself! And you know I loved the 'reading between the lines' where Spock is concerned, and bringing out more when more is needed. That really is one of the crucial reasons why I think they work so well together - they complete each other, and you glimpsed that wonderfully through your words. [face_love]=D=

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =P~ :D [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! The fun train is still on the move! [face_dancing]

[face_love]

~~

Note: LOL spin off of Medical Mayhem.

__

Spock and Sulu are both in recovery after being exposed to some nasty virus. Thankfully, it is not contagious, but it leaves one with flu-like symptoms and malaise. Spock is as eager to be in the medward as Jim and as resourceful at arguing and cajoling his way out early.

So it is with a sense of relief that Dr. Roberts intercepts Nyota and tells her what the current situation is.

Nyota smiles with fondness, since her brother-in-law becomes a total pre-adolescent when under the weather. Her sister pampers him so sweetly that he claims a complete recovery is a mixed blessing at times.

She greets Spock now with a warm smile and a gentle persuasive tone. “The sooner you are up and out of here, the sooner our bed will feel less empty.” She whispers.

He glances at her – pleased that she has come. Her presence is refreshing as a soft spring breeze. The tenor of her thoughts against his is encouraging but not “pushy“.
    “I merely wish to return to my work station.” He objects.

“I’ll bring your personal ‘padd.” Nyota offers. “Wait. Don’t you miss me?” She teases, with an expression of bewilderment.

“I can’t say that I have, altogether.” Spock rejoins. “Because you know it already.” He concludes, knowing she likes this brand of teasing.

Nyota laughs. “You!”

“Your bedside manner puts Dr. McCoy’s to shame. That is doubtless why the Captain is so determined to leave.” Spock comments, echoing her earlier reflections. “Since you wish it, I will stay here but only with you … I have some things I need to discuss with you. The other things I would like to indulge in with you, Nyota, will have to wait!”

“Yes, they will!” She answers eagerly and beams in anticipation.

She leans in for a warm kiss, rushes off for their pads, and thick pillows to lie back upon.

+++++

[face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect, that will have the medical staff satisfied.
    A great piece of writing

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a most excellent spin-off. :) =D= But, this:

“I’ll bring your personal ‘padd.” Nyota offers. “Wait. Don’t you miss me?” She teases, with an expression of bewilderment.

“I can’t say that I have, altogether.” Spock rejoins. “Because you know it already.”

Lines like those will never fail in bringing such a smile to my face. Those two. [face_love]

As always, this scene was wonderfully captured and expressed. =D= I can't wait for more. [:D]

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was great! ツ ♥
    And here is a Christmas present for you and all S/U fans:

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel !!!!!!!!! =P~ That is one rockin' suitable song for them. First time I heard Halo when it came out it had them written all over it! [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Hazel like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I finally caught up!!!

The beard of Gimli had me [face_rofl] I love how you mix up your universes sometimes!

Okay, and the food stuff... I was hungry already, but now I'm having hallucinations of the sweets my mothers baked for tonight and my stomach is rumbling.

My thoughts exactly :)

Oh, and your new signature made me [face_blush]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I have to include food - :D and mixing universes - ;) I figure classics "here and now" are for "then and there." =D= Especially SW and Tolkien. :cool:

As for my sig, yuppers, Ayesha has gone deep, real deep. ^:)^

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Revamping of a situation dealt with in Cherished Moments. [face_thinking] I like this way a lot! Spock's concerns were inspired by Mara's own in JadeLotus' My True Love fic for gift #7. [face_mischief] (Luke is so open and emotionally giving and Mara was having an introspective/reflective moment about how comfortable she is with showing such.) :cool:

~~~~~~

"Apprehension & Relief"

“Lieutenant. Do you need to call your back-up?” Jim asked solicitously. It was mid-shift, and Nyota had received an emergency transmission that her father was in surgery after being injured by a fanatic!

It took all her concentration to stay on-task. But she was managing.

She smiled gratefully. “Thanks, but I think work is the best distraction I could have right about now. If I think it’s affecting my productivity, I’ll let you know.”

“All right then.” He answered, admiration glowing in his eyes for her.

Nyota felt the tension in her shoulders and the start of a headache in her temples. She sighed and ran the decoder for the language she was working on. It was an offshoot very similar to that used by Cetaceans, so it held her interest for its uniqueness and because she had a soft spot for all things porpoise and/or dolphin.

McCoy was currently on the bridge, checking the stats for patients who were due for a physical. He paused by Nyota and asked her when she would like to stop in.
    “Well, I would not exactly put it as something I prefer to do,” She teased, “But hey. I guess it’d be best to get it over with.”

“This from one of the more cooperative around here.” He teased back.

“Day after tomorrow, I suppose.” She suggested.

He put a note on the data-padd and was about to move on when she said: “Although if this almost-headache blossoms into something, I’ll drop in sooner than scheduled. It’s just the stress.”

“I am certain your father will have a successful surgery.” Spock assured, catching the tail end of her comment on the way back to his station from the science labs, his gaze direct and confident. “You will hear something soon about the prognosis, I would assume, based on when he went into the OR.”

McCoy scowled. “Oh, that’s a comfort, Spock. I’m sure that really is helping Uhura feel all kinds of relief.”

“She understands the intent behind the words, Doctor,” Spock rejoined, ‘Better than you.”

Nyota had indeed discerned the intent and felt her love sending her waves of serenity across their connection. It was of some measure of benefit, but there was a tangle and jumble of emotions for it all to get through.

“Quit talking about me like I was not in the room.” Nyota snapped suddenly. Invariably, their banter made her laugh and she recognized it for what it was: a sign of snippy but genuine affection on both sides. “Doctor, I don’t need you to speak for me. I do appreciate the intent behind the words, Spock, but right now it’s only so much superfluity for me, until I have the actual facts.”

The Doctor quickly apologized. “Sorry, Uhura. I feel double the sympathy, as your doctor and as your friend.”

She softened visibly. “Len, you’re nothing but a big ol’ softie.” She grinned.

He winked and moved onto Sulu.

She turned back to her station, and concentrated with triple the intensity until the prognosis message came in. Her father had done excellently and was in recovery. They would be monitoring for the next 24 hours, and then he could accept comm-calls. A message of love and encouragement came from her mother and sister. “It’d take more than a goon with delusions of fighting for a noble cause to take your father down more than half a stride. Poppa will be giving them all what-for as usual, in no time. Love you Ny!”

Nyota chuckled when she read this and told the bridge at large the good news and received their sincere affirmations of relief for her sake.

The task of deciphering was now uncluttered by anxiety and she could concentrate with pure pleasure. All vestiges of the burgeoning headache and tension melted away with each second that passed, which it had begun to do as soon as she received the transmission.

Yet and still, it was Spock who was having trouble concentrating.
    He shot glances at her from time to time and found that her expression was unclouded and her brow unfurrowed.
    Nyota’s words to him earlier – fueled more by anxiety and worry than anything else – had touched a nerve.
    It pained him to think there was any aspect between them that Nyota found unsatisfactory.

At shift’s end, she made her way over to his station. “Hey. I’m heading down for a sauna. I’ll need a massage afterwards to top it all off. Neck, shoulders, and back, and any other parts you think might need it.” She grinned.

He rose and accompanied her onto the lift.
    The doors swooshed shut.
    “All right, Nyota. If you desire it.”

Her expression sharpened with concern. “What’s all this about?” She demanded, stopping the lift car.

His reply was quiet and thoughtful. “I believe I will have to defer offering any sort of overt words of sympathy to you in future, until I perceive how receptive you would be to it or how effective… I am sorry if I am ever remiss in the degree or nature of …”

She gasped in consternation.
    “Darling, darling! I meant no aspersions – not at that instant or overall! It was just my knee-jerk reaction to the entire level of uncertainty. That’s why I wasn’t in the mood to enter into Len’s Correllian-style repartee, like I usually am.”

As she spoke, she was sending tender caresses via their bond and with her agile and capable hands.

He encircled her waist and murmured into her neck: “So there was nothing wanting?” He pressed, lowly.

“Well, I did tell you what I want from you, my pookie bear.” She whispered laughing.

Their gazes held for a long moment.
    “I love you just the way you are. You fill up my senses and my heart with such …” she trailed off.

"As you do mine."

"Maybe I’ll just skip the sauna.” Her voice took on a husky purr, as she set the lift in motion again.

At their floor, they exited with hands clasped and met a smirking Christine.
    “I was signaling the lift for quite the while there, Nyota girl! I should’ve known why it was held up!”

Nyota trilled a laugh and as soon as she and her love were behind closed doors, she drew him decisively to the floor pillows, which were fat and well-cushioned.

+++++++

:) [face_sigh] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent story with suspence, love and a happy ending

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So sweet!!! @};- [face_love] [face_love]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :D
    [face_love]

They just are so delicious, aren't they? ;)

AzureAngel2 and Hazel like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Paging Mira_Jade -- glad to see you online today. I think you missed my Dec. 26th update. :confused:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thank-you, Deb! I thought that I had finally caught up on everything I had missed, too. [face_laugh]:oops: [:D]

And I am glad that you pointed this one out to me - you did a great job weaving together quite an understandable web of emotions and reactions. I love how supportive everyone was of Nyota, and she, in turn, did a great job handling what really was a stressful situation.

McCoy scowled. “Oh, that’s a comfort, Spock. I’m sure that really is helping Uhura feel all kinds of relief.”

“She understands the intent behind the words, Doctor,” Spock rejoined, ‘Better than you.”

Their banter. [face_love][face_laugh] It kills me dead sometimes - as did her reaction, and their subsequent reactions to that. Wonderfully handled!

Especially:

His reply was quiet and thoughtful. “I believe I will have to defer offering any sort of overt words of sympathy to you in future, until I perceive how receptive you would be to it or how effective… I am sorry if I am ever remiss in the degree or nature of …”

Ahh!! Your 'Spock-speech', for lack of a better term, was spot on here. Beautifully expressed, and his fears were more than adequately put to rest.

Deftly, and beautifully handled - once again! =D=[face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira! Thank you! :) :)

I wanted to showcase the support + Ny's roiling emotions and the couple-centric implications/consequences.

"Spock-speech" LOL! makes me all gooey reading or writing it! [face_love]

I feel him in the marrow of my bones, so I'm happy I expressed what he was concerned over right. :D

[:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL - a follow-up bit of fun to Mayhem.

~~!

Christine snagged McCoy and said: "Yolette, Jenna, and I have been indulging in a friendly competition of seeing who can make the best, sweet treats. Yolette made pecan pie, Jenna Dutch apple pie, and I chocolate mousse cake. We'd like you to have a taste."

"Oh!" McCoy's eyes gleamed. "You're speaking my language, Chris!"

Nick frowned, making what he hoped was a casual-enough request. "Can I come?"

Christine scrutinized him. "Sure. There's plenty."

They exited the medward.

Nyota beamed, as soon as the doors closed behind the trio. "All's clear!" She told her recuperating love. "Christine promised she would distract McCoy long enough for me to help you make your escape!" Her eyes danced with mischief and laughter.

"Nyota?"

Nyota's tone was conspiratorial and proud.
    "Chris and I cooked up this little scheme! McCoy's being a stickler. You can rest up just as well back with me, and he knows it." She grinned. "Besides, I miss you, and I promised Dr. Roberts I wouldn't let you overdo it..."

As she spoke, they made good their departure and made it back to their quarters in record time.

While they two were congratulating themselves on outwitting Len, he was indulging in culinary pleasures.

Later, Christine was all innocence when they "discovered" the absent patient. Christine and Nick shared a laughing wink surreptitiously, however.

McCoy pretended to pout, but since the way to a man's heart is via the stomach, he was not really put out.

+++++

[face_rofl]

19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ooookay. I read the first line. Let me go raid the fridge and I'll be back in a moment :p

20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I wish I would have more time for your sexy and witty fanfics. So to my shame I only find time for them in the weekends or on days when I am blue and crave for a smile. Thank you for making me smile.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! @};- Nyota is ... she just is. ^:)^ Good for the emotional cardiac ;) and Spock, what he is ... is a straight girl's heaven [face_laugh]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Conspiracies everywhere. I loved this with Spock escaping

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love][face_laugh]!! I loved the camaraderie and fun team-interaction of this update! That was quite the distraction with the sweetest of aftereffects. [face_mischief][face_love]

Another excellent ficlet, once again! =D=[:D]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very sweet conspiracy ;)

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Catching up! And I missed some good ones. I think my favorite was the one with Nyota's father. Such a relief that he's okay! And I sympathize with Nyota's need to be distracted during a rough time.

McCoy pretended to pout, but since the way to a man's heart is via the stomach, he was not really put out.

This is also the way to my heart :p A pie-tasting contest sounds great to me! :D