main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =P~ So, duh, am I. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_love]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Loving this! Borrowing the balloon thingies filled with water.

~!

Nyota laughed. "No, we - well, at least I never used water balloons when I was growing up. My brother-in-law did. Used to toss them at passersby and they'd burst ... he got in all sorts of trouble for it too. He and my sister ... when their kids wanted to play with them, he was all for it remembering all the fun he'd gotten into despite the discipline afterwards, but Kashore always discouraged it so my nieces and nephews had to be satisfied with doing it to one another."

"What would it be like to fill one of those things with whipping cream or shaving cream?" Jenna wondered.

Nyota grinned. "Suggest it to Nick and Cole. That'll be a nice sort of comeback don't you think?"

Jenna winked. "You're a naughty one, nyota."

"Shhh."

+++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny, Cole will sure hear about that.[face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I loved playing with water balloon as a kid! And encouraging my small relatives to use them now :D Though we never threw them at passersby ...

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Water balloons! There really is nothing more fun than that - though the passersby may disagree with that. [face_laugh]

This was a fun update. :D =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Woot, this is fun! Follows the incident with Vonli. ;)

~!

"Spock. You cannot tell me you weren't intrigued by Commander Vonli." Nyota assayed. "She was exotic and brilliant."

"Not unlike you." He replied, admiring the way Nyota looked as she slid into a softly clingy pastel night outfit.

"And she couldn't keep her eyes off you, either!"

"Another commonality." He observed, reaching out to her.

Nyota grimaced. "You can't deny she might have appealed to you if you were unattached?"

"I cannot and will not speak to that, since I am most assuredly committed and quite pleased to be." Was the tender response.

Nyota purred happily, snuggling closer. "By the ever-constant moons of Baroli, but I love you!"

"Moons?"

"yes, darling. There are five lovely moons."

He kissed her quite enthusiastically, then.

+++++

[face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "She was exotic and brilliant."

"Not unlike you."

"And she couldn't keep her eyes off you, either!"

"Another commonality."

Best. Dialogue. Ever. [face_laugh][face_love] There's nothing more that can be said than that!

This was the best of snippets, and I loved every word of it. [face_love]=D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very nice and to the point observations from both

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "I cannot and will not speak to that, since I am most assuredly committed and quite pleased to be."

Smart man :p

And I love the astronomy lesson she threw in :p

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Using "Detour". From Sulu's POV.

~!~~~~!!

"Detouring Resourcefully"

The Qeldoran faction would not release the negotiators sent to settle a sector-wide dispute.

The Captain was off the bridge, having received an injury during a recent shore leave.
    It was fortunate he had not suffered more than one, as it occurred during an attempt to cross-country ski.

Thus, Mr. Spock had the unenviable task of dealing with the unscrupulous demands.

"It would be imprudent and naive of me to take your word for anything." He replied coldly. "If I acceded to your demands, you would merely take the first opportunity to break your word. I have no reason to believe what you say, and thus any further discussion is futile."

He signaled Uhura to cut the connection.

As she did, she said: "May I ask, what were you hoping to gain by that?" Her tone was bewildered and astonished.

He gave her a silent look that communicated clearly "Trust me, Lieutenant."

Then he had Mr. Kyle at Weapons to send barrages of torpedo fire to the orbital space relays. Then while the Qeldorans were responding to the planetwide crisis, he had Yolette beam the erstwhile hostages out using a bi-phasic transporter beam.

"That was great! A field test of something that was only theoretically postulated!" She sent to my personal comm-pager.

"You sound like you were expecting the order to come down, Yolette?"

"The Commander likes to prepare for every contingency. Plan A and B." There was a smile emoticon.

Quite the detour around the expected. I thought with a surge of admiration.

Meanwhile, Spock was telling Uhura that she should have known he had the situation well in hand.

"Yes, I suppose." There was a lilting tone in her voice. "I won't forget in future, don't worry."

"Lieutenant, you really should pay attention more assiduously." He responded, with a quirked pair of brows.

"Ah, but I always pay the strictest attention to your unique ways of handling things." Uhura replied, passing her tongue slowly over her bottom lip.

I stifled a chuckle, and she winked.

When the Captain heard of the resourceful solution, he commented: "Smart move! I couldn't have done better!"

"Why, thank you."

++++

LOL [face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great observations from Sulu and nice to see Spock in command and leading to ...[face_love]

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew! The situation was very deftly handled by Spock here - that was almost a Thrawn-esque moment of command. :p [face_thinking]

And then:

"Lieutenant, you really should pay attention more assiduously." He responded, with a quirked pair of brows.

"Ah, but I always pay the strictest attention to your unique ways of handling things." Uhura replied, passing her tongue slowly over her bottom lip.

I love it. [face_laugh][face_love] As ever, these two are putty in your hands. =D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thrawn-esque [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Yeehaw! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] The resemblance grows! [face_love]

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love seeing these from Sulu's POV! :D

15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I had a really bad day at work today and catching up with these ficlets was exactly what I needed. I'm too tired to write a proper comment, but I still want to say that now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside [face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Uber!! squishy huggles for catching up. That's the perks of writing this pairing. They're edible [face_laugh] and tailor made for the melties. [face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Thoughtful moment here. Fraught with hmm. [face_love]

~!

The upside of tragedy is the resilience of a person or society. Commemorating something like that is always mixed and tangled, particularly for those who are directly involved in the consequences of the situation.

Public ceremonies and long-winded speeches no matter how well-meant or poignant after a while just don't ... suit at least not after the first or second time, if then.

Words fail to convey certain very personal aspects.

I always felt this way about various pivotal historic occasions on Terra and also did not doubt that for Sarek and Spock the ramifications of Vulcan's loss and revival were in just such a category.

These musings come to me in a variety of contexts and relevancies.
    But for Spock, the implications naturally were more immediate.
    It was the second anniversary of New Vulcan's founding incidentally when he shared similar sentiments to the ones I have noted here, and there was a certain undertone to our bond as he did so, a hesitancy in his tone.

I frowned. I had not pushed for such confidings now or ever. "Look, I am not one to judge or criticize and I happen to agree with you, by the way. Do you think I wouldn't, and if you didn't want to share that, I wouldn't have pestered you about it. Please do not ever feel you have to talk about anything you don't want to share." I concluded.

"Nyota. It is not that I did not or would not want to share any personally significant thing with you. It is as you stated initially. I wondered if you might judge a lack of willingness to participate in the public venues... as somewhat amiss."

"Oh, no! Never! If there are private things you wish to do as a sort of elegy, I would think that would suffice. And I would be pleased to join you in whatever you felt would be appropriate."

His gaze held mine for a long, weighted moment before he answered: "Yet another instance proving the soundness behind you as a bondmate."

I beamed and melted into his warmly grateful and loving embrace.

+++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes fraught with [face_love]
    private is betterand leading to

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a very thoughtful update. [face_thinking] I happen to agree with both of them about the merits of a personal and private remembrance versus the larger memorials - especially as the years pass on. But what was really beautiful about this update was Spock's worry about what she would think, and her, in return, wanting to assure him that she was fully behind whatever course his grieving took, one hundred percent. Their partnership was beautifully conveyed in this instance, once again. [face_love]=D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: As was true in the past, it is proving to be now. FF is the bestest therapy ever. [face_love] Using Once Upon a Time. ;)

~!

"Once upon a Time" How Nyota and I loved those words from our Momma and Poppa and even from our grandparents!

Stories of Elves and Hobbits would likely ensue & from our grandparents, they would regale us with tales of their childhoods and courting days, and the exploits of our folks growing up--pranks and more!

These delighted us no end.

Dajan and I liked also to tell Ndale and Marini, and then our children of the hearth and heart - Collin and Tatiana - stories as well.

On one occasion, I was reminiscing with Ny about such things and I teased her by asking her if she would carry on the tradition whenever she had kids of her own.

"I am not sure." She said, with a considering look. "My betrothed is hardly given to indulging in such things. He might to humor me, perhaps, but perhaps not."

"You think?"

She then laughed. "Then again, he might actually enjoy it in a sideways sort of way. He is full of surprises." Her expression was tenderly amused with this last comment.

I grinned. "Spock is certainly an adventure to be in love with."

"This is so true! Little did I know that my personal once upon a time would turn into such a glorious ever-after."

+++++++

Authorly squee!

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet childhood memories cherished forever

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Love this! I think they will carry that particular tradition on :D

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the prompt being used both in the stories she knows/hopes to tell, as well as her own story. That was just lovely to read, and I enjoyed every word of it.

Though something tells me that Spock would join in on telling such tales. He's full of good surprises that way. [face_love][face_love]

=D=[:D]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~~~!!!!

"Verbal & Silent Exchanges"

"Nice holostills of your nephew." I enthused seeing Jim's recent message-cube from his brother's family. "Are you and your brother close?"

"As close as any typical siblings growing up, then our careers took us in different directions. Oddly, I'm closer to Spock than my brother currently, although I would not have believed it possible beginning as we did."

I laughed. "How did that happen, by the way? The getting beyond the early rough patches?"

"I have no idea." He rejoined teasingly & I laughed again.

I played the lyre, then, and sung of famous friends, of Jonathan and David, for one. My darling came up and took my hand as the song concluded.

"I was comparing you to some auspicious companions, dearest one."

"And to whom shall I compare you?" He replied lowly, caressing my cheek lightly. "I do not think there is any who could come close to you."

And what endearment shall I speak in whispers to you in the deep watches of the night, in Kiffar, no less? I mused and held his gaze ardently. Hand-in-hand we exited the rec-lounge, eager to embark on alone-time.

++++++

:) [face_sigh]

Chyntuck likes this.
  25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aw, I love a good bromance, and Kirk and Spock are awesome! :D