main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade -- thanks and it is worth the read. I added a bit of mushy aftermath after the initial post but don't know if it crossed your review or not. LOL ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I second Mira -- Spock's reaction was priceless :D

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooh, and I just now realized that I missed the addition to the post! That really just made the whole thing all the more sweeter. [face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ;) They're the darlings of my heart, yes they are! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A "Bones"/Nyota friendship moment.

~!

"So," He lounged casually against the table where Nyota was enjoying a puff pastry, "I had that chat with Christine."

"She told me and how it went." She replied, smiling.

"Hmmmph! So you're glad she's not giving me the boot?"

Her laughter rippled. "Certainly not, Doc ... " Her expression softened. "Despite the fact that I initially worked to match her up elsewhere, I'm happy if she's happy."

He grinned. "Thanks for that."

"And you, too." She added. "Did I ever tell you who you remind me of?"

He smirked. "Wes Janson."

She winked. "Besides that, no. Seriously. That was Djarada and Baldavin, Hobbie and Wes. You ... you remind me of Dr. Cottle."

"The reference is unfamiliar."

"I'll send you the holo-book." She said. "You'll definitely see yourself in him."

"And does Spock appear in this favorite book of yours?"

Nyota's eyes grew dreamy. "He's the Admiral."

+++++

Baby, he is. [face_love]

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

THE Admiral, hein? Somebody here is smitten by interesting, sexy & witty aliens.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =P~ Been for simply eons. Not likely to change now. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Funny and very sweet

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

[face_laugh][face_love]=D=!!

I approve of the likeness, that's all I have to say. There's much to go dreamy over in both. ;) [face_batting][face_love]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    An indisputable fact. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: A bit of working together and tete-a-tete fun in this post.

~!~~~!!

"Making Things Work"

Spock & I were working on algorithms for the Universal Communicator.
    "This is intriguing. This symbology is totally different based on the region for this culture, thusly, it means something altogether different; for you see, in this culture, that phrase has been obsolete for centuries, and it meant something altogeether different." I mused.

"Yes, it is indeed a facet that makes intercultural communication problematic." Spock observed.

I sighed. "And that's been my problem, frankly. Should I go with this idiom or use that other one instead which this culture uses for everyday conversing, at the risk of it not being comprehended by the other?"

"Doubtless an approximation will be elicited, and hopefully the context will aid in the understanding of what is conveyed."

"Okay. Let me try it then." I did a test run and it seemed to work. We input data and codes into the program and saved the source files.

"I really enjoy working with you like this," I beamed. "One of the perks."

He gave a slight frown. "What you said about communication between cultures, it occurs to me that interpersonal communication can similarly become fraught or hopelessly muddled."

"If both parties are honest with themselves and one another and caring, that's half the battle."

"It should not be a battle, a staged act of warfare." Spock replied, in a thoughtful tone. "Should it?"

"No, it shouldn't; but it can devolve into such when a person's insecurities and self-doubts become mountain-like obstacles." I observed sadly. Then my tone lightened. "This bond between us - I am glad it doesn't preclude us speaking overtly about our concerns instead of stuffing them, and then at the same time it affords us the luxury and gift of knowing how we truly feel about one another. We do not talk past each other as much as some might expect or surmise, or if we do, we can rectify it swiftly."

"Still, do you ever wonder what would have been if it had not formed between us? It is inconceivable as things stand now, yet not beyond the realm of probability. We may have just continued on platonically and impervious to each other."

I reached over and clasped his hands tightly. "Spock, no. I know that if it hadn't, I'd spend the rest of my life wishing it had!"

He kissed me warmly. "It is the same for me, my own Nyota."

"I do love you. Now, let's get done here so I can start proving how much.."

++++++

SQUEE!

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I went to quote the dialogue from this, and I found my selection just growing and growing, so all I really have to say is wow. This entire conversation was perfectly scripted - and to my eyes they did a great job talking past their cultures, even without their bond, to give their relationship another snug footing. I love what it boils down to - loving enough to work through the hard parts, and being willing to listen and speak in turn. And they have that in spades here. [face_love][face_love]

(And the technical stuff on translation was fun too. Ah, alien cultures! We do get it all with this pairing, that's all I have to say. [face_love])

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What can I add more after Mira_Jade wrote. Superb dialogue

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Using prompt of "Two Reflections into One" :D

"So, are you & Spock going to take in the museum exhibits?" Jenna asked on a recent shore leave.

"We like some of the same kinds of exhibits. But he's going to take in some really esoteric ones while I go to the cultural sections." Nyota replied. "After all, he and I are not obliged to do everything together. We're not inseparable, you know."

Jenna gave Nyota a speculative glance. "Hmmm. I sense a note of defensiveness? Maybe?"

Nyota shrugged noncommittally. "I want to go to the street vendors in the local plaza. They have some amazing pastries!"

Jenna's eyes lit up. "Count me in on that! But you did not answer my question..."

"Not defensiveness per se. We are talking about post-mission career paths. He or I might decide on different things, and that would necessitate living apart part of the time. We're testing the waters to see how it feels. Frankly, Jenna, we have been apart on occasion when he and I were on temporary officer-exchange programs. It was difficult but we managed."

"What things are you looking into?"

"I want communications blended with diplomacy. He does too but is also looking into strict exploratory/research missions. Specifically in Temporal Studies."

"Oh that sounds interesting!"

Nyota answered: "Yes, that does. I wouldn't mind doing the latter as a sidelight on discretion but not all the time, more than likely."

The suite they shared was capacious and beautifully appointed with rose-gold and other gently soothing colors.

While Nyota was brushing out her shimmering lightly waved tresses, her love joined her.
    They spoke enthusiastically of the things they'd done during the day.

Nyota thought: If we're apart, we can still share stuff like this during daily comm calls. Yet, we might be apart weeks or months at a time. How would that be? What would being apart for protracted unpredictable periods of time do to any plans for expanding our family?

Such musings made her sigh pensively. "Suddenly, the whole idea of blending careers doesn't seem quite as doable." She admitted and detailed her talk with Jenna. "But I do not want to make you feel any pressure to accede to my wishes without conceding to yours."

"Doing both together might be feasible or pursuing the two fields consecutively." He replied thoughtfully.

Nyota's eyes danced eagerly. "I like that suggestion!"

Spock's gaze held hers in the mirror.
    He came up behind her and ran appreciative hands through her silken cascade as it rippled down her back and over her shoulders.

"Admit it, love. You would have missed me unabashedly."

"I do not know why you insist on hearing what is patently obvious, Nyota." Spock answered, caressing her bare shoulders and across their warmly radiant connection.

She laughed. "You!"

As they shared a tender kiss, their essences mingled and overlapped. It was a sweet and wonderful sensation and Nyota realized that any physical distance would make such more tenuous.
    She felt her heart leap with gratitude and relief that they had each come to reject the idea of occasionally intersecting. Even frequently was not appealing.

She pulled away and smirked. "You know what? I told Jenna that we weren't inseparable. I guess it turns out we are!"

For answer, he scooped her up and tickled her, carrying her off to their foam-gel bed.

++++++

SQUEEEEEEEE! Again? Always. ^:)^

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are sure inseperable. Lovely use of the prompt

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    She pulled away and smirked. "You know what? I told Jenna that we weren't inseparable. I guess it turns out we are!"

For answer, he scooped her up and tickled her, carrying her off to their foam-gel bed.

A foam-gel bed, interesting!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yuppers, the best thingy ever. The future-style variation on today's marvy memory /tempurpedic foam with gel. Decadent comfort with excellent support. :)

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ahhh, I missed three posts!

"What you said about communication between cultures, it occurs to me that interpersonal communication can similarly become fraught or hopelessly muddled."

"If both parties are honest with themselves and one another and caring, that's half the battle."

I love this. So true!!!

"You know what? I told Jenna that we weren't inseparable. I guess it turns out we are!"

[face_laugh] [face_love] This cracked me up!!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Thanks! It's a great thing to discover. [face_love] That you cannot live in parallel. L/M are discovering that in a grand fic I'm reading and it's sweet. Sweet.

Mira_Jade [face_batting]

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And I missed a post too! [face_blush] Thanks for tagging me - I thought I was all caught up. :p

Because this one was a great response to the prompt, and an even better character-moment - I loved how Nyota was so ready to give up something that meant so much to her so as to feel that she wasn't denying Spock or herself a chance at furthering their careers. But, Spock's determination to see to their careers side by side so that their relationship doesn't take the strain was perfect. The inseparable line had me smiling such a smile! Because it's too true. :p :D [face_love]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D It's definitely something a couple needs to balance and compromise, i.e., their careers and other interests, but the us-ness must always take first place. :)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Inspired by the first scene in Mira_Jade's "Calling..." fic.

earlybird-obi-wan [face_batting]

~~!

Your dreams are seldom haunted by past unpleasantness & devastating losses. They more often are full of current and more recent missions and of her.

Nyota's vibrance thusly spills over from intervals of waking to slumber, and yet it is not a thing you can find to complain over.

Her tenderness and empathy makes your melds with her an enriching and rejuvenating experience, every time, without fail.

Even in the days of early friendship, you could not help but ponder over what the landscape of her mind would be, as fascinated as you were by her warmth and intelligence.

She catches you now in this reverie. "Spock, love, are you wool-gathering?" She teases, eyes laughing.

You cup her cheek lightly. "Not at all. And it escapes me entirely the connection between an esoteric expression related to herding sheep and being lost in thought."

She laughs. "Stop that, you incorrigible darling."

"Hmmm. I believe it is you that is incorrigible." You respond and lean in for a kiss.

"No; I'm actually insatiable."

"This I know very well."

"Do you, now?"

"It would be strange indeed if I did not, since you take every opportunity to demonstrate the fact." You reply and Nyota purrs as you nuzzle her throat.

"Well, as to that, it would be strange in turn if I were not, considering the source."

+++++

[face_love]

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, this was lovely! I loved the line about Spock wondering about the landscape of her mind, even when they were just friends. But then, you know how much I adore exploring mental bonds - and you gave us a few gems here.

But, as always, the feeling of warmth and affection between them was the best thing about this update . . . and the banter (wool gathering! :p) . . . and the second person POV. I can't really choose what I liked best. ;) [face_love]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the bond and ' wool-gathering' that should bring a ' logical' response or not

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

Your dreams are seldom haunted by past unpleasantness & devastating losses.

Poor Spock! But I'm glad he has her to rely on and love [face_love]