main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    NYCitygurl - welcome back and that was one of my favorites too! @};- And pie, cake, cobbler, it's all good! :D

AzureAngel2 and NYCitygurl like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whee, this is fun!!!

~~!

Florian was furious. "Who is messing with my culinary settings?" He demanded.

Scott, who was a friend of his, both because of the Scottish thing and because they both loved Saurian brandy, delved into the techie trails and found...

"It was that krelling McCoy."

"I'll jam him up but good." Florian scowled. "Next time he tries to access this program, he'll get a virus that'll turn all his datafiles into gibberish."

~~!

McCoy yelped when he saw the CryptoLock spreading like gangrene.

"Chris!!!"

She sauntered in and smirked at the screen. "Someone being naughty again?" She asked stifling a laugh.

"I was ..." He sputtered.

"When you act like a Janson, don't be surprised if it comes back and bites you in the behind." She rejoined, giving into the giggles for sure.

And to add to Florian's mischief, she filled all the syringes with foamy shaving cream. Stuck the ampuoules up but good.

~~!

Meanwhile, Ny and Spock had worked around the MRE by going to the auxiliary food processor. Jim had given them the access key. "If I can work around the Maru programs," He told her, "I can set up Cordon Bleu ... I had to woo Audrey back with all the best French and Greek cuisine. Has baklava and opa fries."

Nyota was laughing as she dug into the crepe filled with berries. "You are such a Correllian."

"Got some devious Irish blood in me too. Reagans on my Mother's side."

"All those law enforcement types for generations." She commented with pride. "More than one police commissioner, as I recall."

"Yup, and clever was what they ate and drank for breakfast." Jim remarked proudly.

+++

A nod to my favoritest crime-busting family, the Reagans, particularly Danny. [face_love] Dude is like a cross between Han and Luke. :cool:

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mayhem wars for sure. I love this

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa! That was just a great bit of fun. [face_love][face_laugh]

I once again love your cross-fandom references. A cross of Han and Luke indeed! [face_love]

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] THis was great! I especially love Christine and the shaving cream :D nd I have got to watch Blue Bloods!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AzureAngel2 and NYCitygurl like this.
  7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    And now it's on Netflix :D Maybe while everyone else is watching football this weekend ... :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo, this is a pivotal one.

~~!

Christine got an invitation to join the staff of a prestigious medical facility as Chief of Nursing. She would have supervisory and patient contact duties. Her eyes shone. This was definitely a move upwards! It was a testament to her competency and one she took justifiable pleasure in.

When she told McCoy, he was pleased for her professionally, of course. She was a true asset as a colleague. Something in her nonverbals asked him to give her a reason to turn it down.

He wanted to ask her out of burgeoning romantic interest, but could not and would not stand in the way of her career and dreams. Yet, he was too honest not to say what he truly felt.

She gave him a scrutinizing glance when he finished. "I like you a lot, Len, and I think I love you, but not ... enough." She said finally, her eyes sad. "It's not Nick, either. I don't feel ready to put all my aspirations yet. I haven't seen how far my career can take me yet. I don't want to have any regrets later."

"Our paths don't go in the same direction." He surmised after a beat. "Maybe, someday, they will. But not today..."

She nodded. "That's it in a nutshell."

He gave her shoulders a squeeze. "I can respect that, Christine." He avowed.

He had been thinking of writing his daughter about Chris as something/someone special, but hadn't quite done so... now it was probably a fortunate thing he hadn't.

~~!

Christine told her lady friends that she'd be finishing off the tour and then be branching upwards. There were tears and hugs full of contradictory emotions: happiness and missing. "I'm not gone yet." She chided, smiling.

"True enough!" Yolette said. "More cheesecake anyone?"

+++++

@};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That's a great change for her. I hope she will come back
    A very nice update

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I think that's the saddest thing I've ever seen from you! Poor McCoy :(

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, but that was a tough one to read. While I am happy for Christine, I am sad for her burgeoning relationship with McCoy - and echo earlybird with hoping that she makes her way back. ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I wanted to delve into the "not on same page" or not "exactly the right time" thing for a relationship and leave it open as to whether it stays that way or eventually reverts to mutual readiness. :) :cool: Priorities can either crystallize or have a strange way of straightening themselves out. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    :( That was a little story written with typical Ny charm, but a little bittersweet. But then, since it's you we're talking about, I think I can guess which way the alternative below will go ;)
    Oh, and there was an element of compensation in the end. CHEESECAKE!!!! *drools*

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~!

After the fun tussle in the snow, Nyota and Spock returned to their cozy bungalow and she settled in a thickly cushioned lounger in a warm flannel sleep-suit, hot chocolate steaming in a mug beside her.

Spock joined her from his time in the 'fresher, gazing at her with cool and measuring eyes. Their bond was not communicating much on how he'd taken to the impromptu gambol in the lovely snow banks. It had a thoughtful cast to it.

"Hey, you. You've been awfully quiet since we got back." She commented. "I really enjoyed the mischief Len and Nick got up to, but I can totally understand if you didn't." Her eyes shone with sympathy. "Yolette does not like the cold either. Growing up where she did, it rarely got below freezing."

He perched on the arm of her chair, and she proffered him her mug. He took a sip of the sweet beverage.

"And I certainly would not mind staying indoors the next couple days. I am sure we can find something diverting to do." Her eyes glowed.

He just continued to look at her. But now the texture of their bond had taken on a whole new softness. "I have discovered an unusual thing, Nyota." He said at last. "I find a unique pleasure in your vivacity and reveling in the mischief so spontaneously."

"Do you?" She asked, touched.

"Dr. Roberts seemed to be enjoying your not unconsiderable allure in your parka and cold-weather outfit." Spock said after a pause. "You seem able to draw attention no matter the attire."

"It's not for trying. I think you know I have no interest in return." She answered, taking another sip of her beverage.

"Certainly." He laid a hand on her shoulder and started stroking the curve where it met her elegant neck.
    She shivered, a wholly different kind from that produced by the chill outdoors.
    "I do not think you would object to a reminder of what I have that the others lack."

"Spock, love, that kind of reminder is always welcome!" She exclaimed, and she finished her drink with alacrity.

+++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    First! :)

My power of observation tells me that the kinship between Nyota/Spock and Ayesha/Thrawn is growing by the day. Next we'll be co-authoring crossovers :p

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That absolutely works for me. Like, the marriage between chocolate and toffee. ^:)^

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love it; after the snow some warm and tender moments and nice observations

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Just the perfectly warm and snuggly thing to read after so much snow. I loved the feeling and tone of this piece, along with his observation and her assurances. A wonderful ficlet, all around! [face_love]=D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! :) I love how they embrace one another's uniqueness and celebrate it as another reason to love each other so. :) [face_sigh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Fun in the snow is always a good starter for romance [face_love] ;)

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds so relaxing and romantic! Very sweet.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEE out loud! In a mushy mood, like when am I not? [face_laugh]

~~!

Spock sends her a note to her personal padd at the end of shift. "I am feeling quite reflective today, ashal-veh. You have that effect. Before you, it was all logic and neat categories for me. You blasted these and broadened my horizons. You have taught me to know the nuances of caring and compassion and a life-mate bond rich with meaning and wonder. I find myself grateful for the type of richness my Mother gave to Father in all their years together."

Nyota gasps when she reads this, touched practically to tears. It was the anniversary of Sarek's and Amanda's joining. It made her tummy flip just thinking about it.

She rushes from the bridge in a happy daze.

Jim, knowing the signs, teases: "Whatever you just sent to her, you're going to get one helluva thank you, my friend."

~!

Later, Nyota presents him with a sketch of her own. "Shadowfax..." She breathes, "For the gentle and wise Mithrandir. He built up the courage and stirred the affection and loyalty of all who knew him. Just like you do, my sweet, sweet darling!"

They exchange a long kiss and savoring caresses.

"Jim said I could expect a memorable thank you." Spock observes.

"Oh, sweetest heart," She murmurs in Cheunh, "You can count on that!"

++++

[face_love] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, that was another sweet treat this morning. Wonderful and poignant emotions all; I loved the letter and the sketch, that was a wonderful exchange! [face_love]

=D=[:D]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet those messages from Spock and Nyota. Expresses their love perfectly

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So very sweet [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]